- Text Size +

CHAPTER 5


 


 


 


At Kinnetik


 


Brian was talking to Justin about how good his artwork was when Mel came flying through the door.


"Justin, i'm so glad you are ok." Mel said, giving Justin a hug, when he winced in pain. Brian noticed this


"Are you hurt" Asked Brian


Justin knew he had to be honest. "I fell over and hurt my side. The doctor said it will be ok in a couple of days" 


Brian knew he was holding something back. 


Mel had been listening. "Justin do you remember me? I used to babysit you when you were younger?"


"Yeah I remember you Melanie." Then Justin laughed "I was going to marry you"


"Well that role is now taken. My husband's name is Ted and we have a daughter called Jenny" Mel took out a picture of Jenny and showed it to Justin.


Justin took the picture and looked at it 


"She looks like you. I have a son who is nearly 3 months old." 


"Do you see the baby?" Asked Mel "If you need help to get rights then i can help. I'm a lawyer and I fight for families."


"It's ok Mel. The baby lives with me." Replied Justin


This surprised Brian, he was certain that this young boy was gay. 


"Are you with the mum?" Asked Brian


"No she was murdered whilst pregnant with the baby. They never found out who did it" Justin said sadly.


Mel went straight into lawyer mode. "Tell me everything that happened from beginning to end and let's see if we can get them caught"


"I don't know much about them. There were about 8 of them, could be more or less, we were walking home and all of a sudden we were getting hit and punched. I don't know where they came from. I wasn't bothered about me, only Beth. I was knocked out. When I came around I was in the hospital. They told me Beth had died but the baby survived. I spoke to the police, but couldn't tell them much so no one paid for it." By this time Justin was crying hysterically.


Brian put his arm around Justin's shoulders and comforted him.


"Justin was Beth your girlfriend?" Brian had to know.


Justin sat there quietly. He was afraid to answer because of the homophobic abuse he had been getting from school and his parents.


Mel knelt in front of him and took his hands in hers.


"Justin, I know you are gay because i saw your parent's"


Justin quickly jumped up and moved towards the door.


"Im gay Justin and i know you are having a rough time." Brian said.


Justin turned around and looked at Brian and then at Mel.


"Yes Brian really is gay and so is our friend Emmett."


"Justin where are you staying?" Brian asked, as he walked over to Justin.


"I'm staying with a friend and his adoptive dad. My friend is straight but his dad is gay. They both help with Gus, my son."


Brian remembered Justin's side.


"Justin, how did you really do your side?"


"That was from the beating. They broke a couple of ribs but i'm ok now."


"Well the job is yours but i want you to wait until you are healed."


"I really need the money. Gus need some new clothes" 


"I will give you an advance on your wages and you give it back when you can. Ok?"


"Yes thank you." 


Brian wrote a check out and told Justin to put it into his bank account.


"I will thank you." Justin got ready to go.


"Before you go, i need you to fill out this form. We need your full name, address, date of birth and more."


Justin quickly filled out the form and then left.


Brian and Mel were talking about what Justin had said.


"Well Mel what do you think?"


"I don't know. I remember the case well. My friend Mark investigated the murder, But there was no one to even suspect."


"I think you should get Ted and I will buy you two lunch. Don't worry, we have his address now"


"I know. At least he has some money to buy Gus some clothes. I'll get Ted, and Brian thank you. You are a great friend." Mel gave Brian a kiss on the cheek and went to get Ted. Soon they were all on their way to the diner.


 


Justin went to the bank and put his check in. He was told it would take 3 days to clear. After he phoned his friend.


"Hey i got the job"


"That's great. When do you start and what is the pay like?"


"I'm not allowed to start until my side heals up, but the boss gave me an advance on my wages"


"Cool. Dad's here. I think you should tell him"


Justin told his friend's dad about the interview and how well it went.


"Well Justin I think this deserves a celebration lunch. Where are you now?"


"I'm on Liberty Avenue"


"There is a diner there. You can't mistake it. It is for the LBQT community. Shall I bring Gus?"


"Yes please, and a bottle for him."


"Ok see you in about 15mins"


They both hung up.


Justin walked down the street and soon came to the diner. He soon found a booth and sat down.


"Afternoon young man. I haven't seen you around here before. Have you just moved here?" 


Justin looked up and saw a friendly red headed woman. Justin smiled at her,


"I'm staying here with my friend and his dad"


Debbie knew he was holding back but thought it was best not to rush the boy. "Good for you son. What would you like to order?" 


"If you don't mind my friend and his dad will be here soon, so if it is possible i would like to order then please"


"What a very polite young man you are. Just let me know when they are here honey"


"Thankyou" 


Debbie went to take other orders as Justin was waiting.


Just then the door opened and in came Michael.


"Oi you have to move out of our booth." Shouted Michael


"What why?"


"Because that is where me and my friends sit and not gay guys like you, So MOVE" Demanded Michael


Michael went to grab Justin's arm, but someone grabbed him first.


"No one and i mean no one touches my son. Do you understand?"


"Y-y-y-yes" stuttered Michael.


"Good and now fuck off"


He let go of Michaels arm and watched him go and sit somewhere else.


Justin jumped up and gave the man a hug.


"Thankyou Ben" Said Justin


"Your welcome Justin."


They all sat down.


Hunter gave Gus to Justin. "I think he missed his daddy today"


"I missed him too."


Debbie came back over to take their order.


"I'm Debbie and you are?" Debbie asked looking at Ben.


"I'm Ben and these are my son's Justin and Hunter and Justin's son Gus." Ben replied, shaking Debbies hand.


"Nice to meet all of you. What would you all like to eat?"


"We are celebrating, so whatever Justin wants"


"Are you sure that is wise?" Came a voice Justin knew well. "If i remember well Justin could eat a lot"


"Mel are you following me now?" Justin asked laughing


"Brian invited us for lunch. He will be here in a minute."


"Where are my manners, Mel this is Ben and his son and my best friend Hunter. Ben and Hunter, this remarkable woman is Melanie. She used to babysit me when I was little. Mel was the woman i was going to marry" Justin told them whilst laughing.


"Lucky for me you were too young. Hi I'm Ted, Mel's husband and this next to me is Brian, My friend and Justin's new boss."


They all shook hands and sat down over the space of two booths.


"Brian" They heard screeched "Come and sit with me, and you Mel and Ted"


"Michael just get your fucking butt over here and sit" Brian replied.


Michael came storming over and stood at the end of the booth.


Ben looked at him, He didn't like Michael at all. He felt something was off, but because he didn't know him he decided to keep his opinions to himself. "Is there something you need?" Ben asked politely 


"I need to be next to Brian. We are best friends."


"I'm sure you are but Justin is feeding Gus and we are not going to disturb him" Said Ben putting his foot down.


Brian saw Gus starting to get antsy because of Michael "For fucksake Michael just stick your ass down, you are disturbing Gus." Brian said crossly.


Michael sat down huffing away. Ben Justin and Hunter thought what a big baby he was. They had all just finished eating when Backroom Todd came in. He was bleeding all over the floor.

 

"H-h-h-help me" Todd cried faintly and then passed out.

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry it took so long. My computer wiped my saved data. If you notice any mistakes please let me know.