- Text Size +

 

                                              CHAPTER 7

 


 

 

Ben, Hunter and Justin's house

 

 Ben had decided to take a walk home. It took over an hour but he needed to decide what to tell Justin. When he opened the front door he heard Justin singing to Gus. Ben was not looking forward to this.

Justin heard him come in "Ben your back, Where is Hunter? Did you find him? Is he ok? " Justin rambled on

"Justin stop and listen. Put Gus down to sleep and I will tell you everything."

Justin was upstairs rocking Gus to sleep when he heard voices. One of them he knew was Ben's but who was the other one? Gus went to sleep and Justin went into the living room just as Ben was getting angry "What do you mean it's not related" Ben shouted.

"Ben please tell me what's going on"

Ben looked at Justin "Hunter was killed this morning. His body was found in the park, and the police don't think it was related to the Gay bashings"

"Sir your son had a girlfriend, so therefore was not gay. The people getting bashed were part of the LBQT community." The policeman explained.

"Hunter came to Liberty avenue with me. He came to the different meetings with me. Someone might of thought he was gay." Ben tried explaining.

Justin was just sitting there crying. He loved Hunter like a brother. Ben went over to comfort Justin. 

"What are we going to do now Ben?" Asked Justin.

"Well first i have to arrange the funeral and then to be honest i don't know. I always thought I would go before you kids did."

"Is this your son as well?" Asked the policeman. Ben actually forgot he was there.

"Justin was thrown out at 17 because he is gay. Justin and Hunter were the best of friends and were more like brothers, so yes he is my son in any way that matters."

"I have to ask because it is my job but where were you last night to the early hours of the morning young man?"

"I was here with Gus, my son. I kept waking up when I heard Ben coming back. He had been out looking for Hunter. We were both worried about him."

The policeman looked at Ben "Did anyone see you out last night?" Did anyone go with you?" Asked the policeman.

"No no-one saw me and I didn't see anyone. You surely don't think i killed my own son do you?" Ben was getting worried. He had no alibi and he knew what police were like with gays and especially gays with HIV.

"It is well known that a lot of murders are done by people who knew the victim. As you have no alibi, i have no alternative but to place you under arrest" He soon handcuffed Ben and led him away.

Justin was panicking, what will he do now. He was only 17 with a baby. Justin went and made a bottle for Gus, wrapped Gus in his coat and put him in his pram with some blankets and walked to the Diner. He was hoping Debbie would be there.

 

The Diner

 

Mel and Debbie had made their way back to the Diner. They were talking about Hunter. By the time they reached the Diner Debbie was in hysterics. It always affected her when innocent people were killed. Everyone was still there. 

Ted held his arms open for Mel and she ran straight over to him and cried.

"Was it Hunter?" Brian asked

Debbie nodded her head. "H-he l-l-looked so young. Why would anyone do something evil like that? It's wrong just wrong" And she sobbed into Brian's arms.

Michael went to say something but the door opened and Justin entered with Gus.

"Oh Mel i'm so pleased you are here. I need your help but i don't have any money yet." 

"Of course Justin. What would you like help with. If it's the funeral i'm sure everyone will chip in with Ben"

"No it's Ben that need the help" 

Gus started getting ratty so Emmett went and gave him the bottle as Justin spoke to Mel.

"Why would Ben need my help Justin"

"Ben got arrested for Hunters murder. Something about Ben having no alib because he was out looking for Hunter. They are saying Ben killed Hunter, and I know he didn't, I just know." Justin cried out getting worked up.

Brian put his arm around Justin " Calm down Justin, calm down. We will help you sort this." Brian said knowing it would be hard. " Do you want to stay with me tonight?" 

"Thankyou for the offer but I have all of Gus's clothes and that at home. I'll be ok."

Lindsey looked at Michael and got up. "Well i better get to work. I will see you all later"

No-one knew that she had gone into the hardware store and got a can of petrol.......

 

To be continued.
Sweetcheeks76 is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked The Homophobic Idiots also liked 226 other stories.