- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

(We meet Justin’s best friend and see a difference between Daphne and Mikey)

This time when PE time came around Justin resisted looking at the football players as they showered.  By this time, he'd seen a lot of naked bodies in the past and didn't feel the need.  After all, he'd already seen it all and looking back on it, they weren't that HOT.  


While he and Daphne sat outside watching the same guys practice, he repeated what he said before with variations.  Not too many because he didn't know what would be changed this time around.


"Guess what I was doing last night."


"Sleeping. Same as me?"


"Nope.  I was having sex, all night, with this guy I met, Brian Kinney.  We did it till 6:00 in the morning."  He waited for a moment.  "Well? You don’t seem to be shocked."


"Not really. I kinda figured that you're...you know.  Even though you never told me."


Justin couldn't resist smiling.  Good ole Daphne.  "I'm telling you now."


Daphne sighed.  "Want some of my veggie wrap?"


Justin grabbed the wrap from her.


"So, what was it like?"


Justin smiled as he remembered since they were watching football practice, he decided to repeat the football metaphor he’d used before.  "Well, I started out as a tight end but wound up a wide receiver."


Daphne giggled.  This time when the football came his way, he didn't even think about it as he caught it automatically throwing it back.


"There I was on my back and there he was on top of me, slipping it in."  The words came out automatically without his thinking about it.


"Hmm, that must have hurt.  Didn't it hurt?"


"Yeah, at first, it felt like someone was shoving a broom up there.  But I told him to go slower and he did."  That was true, and Brian hadn't had to be so...considerate.  "Then I stopped thinking about it when I looked at his face.   His eyes were closed.  His mouth was open in a sort of smile like he was in another place."  Justin planned on drawing that the first chance he got.  "A beautiful place.  That place was me."


Later as they were walking back to the building Daphne again asked if Brian was his boyfriend and this time around, he didn't feel the need to tell her that Brian was and hopefully would be.  Knowing all they’d been through in the past he wasn’t sure it was true.


After school, he returned to his childhood home.  He went up to his bedroom and rejoiced that it hadn’t changed.  He began doing his homework until his mother called up to say dinner was ready.  The next morning was Saturday and he went down to the kitchen.  His mom and little sister were going to the movies and he was tempted this time to say yes, maybe he could talk his mom into letting him shop for some clothes.  The clothing in his closet now looked so juvenile.  He wasn't as confrontational as he'd been the last time so when his little sister ended up repeating everything he said, he found it funny.  


When his mom said he had enough clothes, he decided to let them go without him and slumped in front of the TV channel surfing.  He was surprised when he came to the movie channel and found that Dirty Dancing was playing.  Knowing that he would be seeing Brian again, but sure that knowing how the movie went would go a long way to helping, and this time he had no plans to flub it up.  


When his mom and sister returned home, he let her know he was going to Daphne's.  This time when he left, he kissed his mom without her having to ask.  It didn't stop her from telling him she expected him to call.  He did go to Daphne's and told her his plans, grateful that she once again let him use her car.  He didn’t have any trouble finding Woody's and got there in time to watch Emmett doing a bang-up job of Karaoke.    He felt Brian enter before he saw him, hanging onto Michael. Rather than rushing over and jumping into his arms, he greeted Brian with a simple "Hi."


Brian didn't seem to be any happier to see him than last time. He did talk to him again, so Justin chalked that up to progress.  Brian, of course, wanted to move on.  "I've had everyone here."


"Oh, yeah, my problem precisely,” Ted offered.  


"You haven't had me," Michael said, and Justin couldn't help thinking that there must have been a really good reason why Brian hadn't.


"Oh, yeah?"


"What?  Y-you never told us."  Ted was practically salivating.    


Michael tried to play it down.  "There's nothing to tell."


"We were up in his room.  We were 14, 15 tops."  Hearing this the second time around was fun, especially when Michael sighed.  "We were supposed to be studying, whatever, only we're not."  Emmett looked like he was trying not to laugh.  "We're looking at this trashy photo magazine his mom swiped from the beauty parlor.  Anyway ... there's this shot of Patrick Swayse from Dirty Dancing … without his shirt on."  Everyone listening let out a sigh.  "So, I got this hard-on just from looking at it, and I glance over at Mikey, and guess what."


"He's got one too?"  Justin couldn't help throwing in.


Brian looked at him.  "Who's telling this story."


Michael, of course, said, "Okay, you can stop now."  Probably because he knew he doesn't come off looking well in this.


"Twin stiffies.  I reach over, start rubbing it."  Justin didn't want to hear that again.  "He's practically swooning."  Justin couldn't help noticing that Ted and Emmett were hanging onto every word the lower Brian's voice got.  "I pop it out, start stroking it, nice and slow.  We're both this close.  Then..."  Okay, here it comes.  "His mom walks in without knocking."  Like last time everyone laughed.


"Only we didn't cum, so it doesn't count."  Michael tossed out thinking that will make a difference.


"How embarrassing... for Mikey."  Justin couldn't resist. "Dirty Dancing.  Cool movie.  I wouldn't mind seeing it again."


And just like that, the script changes.  Brian is looking at him.  "I have a copy.  Want to come back with me to watch it?"


This time around Justin didn't go into the age thing, it was embarrassing enough the first time and Michael wasn't happy that Brian dropped him like a hot potato.  Justin didn't get to go to the diner and meet Deb, he didn't even get to watch the movie all the way through, but he didn't care.  When he left, he realized that he wasn’t going to come back and profess his love for Brian.  Still, he did end up being told to get lost by Brian, that he was too young, that Brian didn't believe in love.  Looking back on it, everything Brian said back then was the truth.