- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

(Time to plan for when Craig finds out that Justin is gay.)

 

 

Justin laid in his bed and thought about how things were going.  He knew that it was only a matter of time before his dad tossed him out.  He'd contacted Mel after the art show at the G.L.C. and asked her for any suggestion on keeping his father from denying him his college money.  Thus far, she hadn't come up with anything.

 

He pulled out the binder he'd made with lists of things-to-avoid this time around from under his mattress.

 

Top of the list was not making an enemy of Michael.  Despite the changes he'd made, Michael continued to talk ugly about him to Brian.  He knew because Brian told him and assured him that he was letting what Michael said to go in one ear and out the other.

 

Next was not giving Hobbs a hand job.  So far that had gone well.  Hobbs didn't even know he was alive.  Except for telling Daphne, his secret was safe so far.

 

Not getting a nipple ring.  Besides being painful it hadn't impressed Brian which was his only reason for getting one.  He planned to act more mature than he had back then.

 

Not going to the prom.  Hopefully, by doing that he would avoid any chance there was of being bashed. 

 

No Ethan.  That was a mistake he hoped not to repeat. 

 

No Hollywood, in fact, no comic book.  He'd rather be enemies with Michael for life than to have to deal with that. 

 

As he thought of other things, he would add them to the list.

 

There was another list of things he didn't want to forget to do.

 

One was talking and keeping Daphne in the loop.  That was the only thing keeping him sane as he dodged all the things that had gone wrong the first time.

 

Then there was the be nicer to his sister.  He was surprised at how his opinion of his little sister was changing.  He didn't see her as a pest so much as he did a reliable source of information.  The child was a snoop and unearthed interesting things before telling Justin.  The fact that he asked her to keep it a secret made it more appealing to her.  He in turn told her things she would need to know once their father kicked Justin out.

 

Find the cancer earlier.  Hopefully, this would work out for the better.

 

Enroll in PIFA?  The more he thought about that it brought back memories of when Brian had planned to move to New York.  This time maybe Justin could talk him into letting him go with him to check out NYIAD?  The New York Institute of Art and Design was a top school.  Which brought up the need to come up with a plan to keep his father from denying him the money set aside for his education.

 

He marked off the nipple ring.  He planned to go to Woody's that evening, but he wasn't going to act like the immature brat he had before.  He really wanted Brian to fuck him and if he happened to learn more about his application all the better.  What application you might be wondering.

 

Well, Justin spent a lot of time drawing since Debbie cut his hours.  He wasn't quite sure what that was about, but he noticed that his hours did not coincide with when the gang was normally there.  Yesterday Michael showed up with this old guy and Justin recognized Dr. David Cameron.  Deb was over the moon.  Just because he was a doctor?

 

Then just last week he'd gotten up the nerve to dress in his best suit and go to Brian's office.  Cynthia looked as beautiful as ever.  Brian had seemed surprised, maybe he should have made an appointment.  Fortunately, he'd brought some of his artwork.

 

Brian had looked through his art portfolio then consulted with Cynthia.  They agreed that he would be an asset to the art department.  He would have to fill out an application and the fact that he was still in high school might work against him, but it was worth a shot.

 

Once he entered Woody's, the first thing he spotted was the gang at the pool table.  Luckily, he got closer just around the time Michael decided to leave.

 

"Don't forget about this Friday," Brian was reminding Michael.

 

Justin racked his brain.  "What's this Friday?"

 

"You're too young to know," Brian warned him.

 

Instead of demanding to know he just said, "Okay."

 

Good ole Ted came through though.  "It's just some heathen ritual called "Studs N Suds."

 

Justin raised an eyebrow after all he wasn't supposed to know about Studs N Suds.  "Sounds kinky."

 

Emmett cleared his throat.  "It is.  First, they flood the dance floor at Babylon with soap suds."

 

"Then everyone strips down to their undies," Ted chimed in.

 

"Or less.  And dances.  Cheek to cheek."  Emmett pumped Ted's hip with his.

 

"It's disgusting," Ted pointed out.

 

"See you there?"  Emmett asked.

 

"Can't wait," Ted responded.

 

Justin couldn't help laughing at the banter. 

 

Michael decided to leave on that note after Brian reminded him yet again that he'd better be there.

 

Justin knew better.  After Michel left, Ted and Emmett started talking about Michael's sex life.  This time Justin didn't ask if Michael had a boyfriend. 

 

Brian put his pool cue up.  "Let's go," he told Justin who grinned a farewell at Ted and Emmett before following.

 

Afterward, when they were in the loft, Brian began talking about Michael and the doc.  He was happy that Michael was seeing someone, but he didn't think that David was right for him.  It was just a feeling Brian had.  Justin tried to comfort him by suggesting that it might not last, but it didn't seem to be working.  So, he kissed Brian and pulled on his clothes scattering them on the floor. 

 

The next day as Justin was deciding what to wear for "Studs in Suds" his father called him into their room.  The moment he saw the united front they showed he knew the jig was up.

 

"You said you wouldn't tell.  You promised."  Justin attacked his mother, disappointed that she hadn’t kept her promise.

 

"Justin, I had no choice.  I had to tell Daddy," she defended herself.

 

Strictly speaking, that wasn't true.  She always had a choice.  "You lied to me.  You said you wouldn't."  The least she could have done was warn him.

 

"It was for your own good," his mother pleaded.  "He's too old for you.  Deb told me all about him."

 

"And you believed her?" 

 

Craig had another agenda.  "He's an adult.  It's illegal for an adult to have sex with a minor."

 

"Honey, it's not your fault.  We don't blame you.  We understand this man en...enticed you."  Jennifer tried to placate Justin.

 

Shit, what was he going to do now?  He couldn't let them think that he'd had no say in what happened.  What he hoped would continue to happen.  He tried to stay calm.

 

"Mom, he didn't entice me.  I went after him.  I wanted him."

 

"Justin...god!  You...you're too young to know what you want."  His dad wasn't so calm.

 

"Craig, please.  You promised you'd stay calm," Jennifer pleaded.  What had she expected?  Justin had warned her.

 

"I...I am calm."  No, he wasn't.  "And what about AIDS?"

 

Justin couldn't resist.  "He wore a condom.  I put it on him myself."

 

"Oh, god!  I'm calling the police."

 

"You're not calling the police.  That's all we need is for everybody to know."

 

Justin winched.  He'd forgotten how his mother viewed things before accepting the fact that he was gay, had always been gay, and always would be gay. There wasn't much more to say.  He shook his head and walked away, his dad shouting at him to come back.

 

Justin debated going to Brian's loft but decided that wouldn't help.  He went to his best friend's house.  She was always good about commiserating with him.  Besides she usually had ice cream.  One good thing his dad couldn't scream at him for flaunting himself.

 

When he finally got home, Craig was in the garage checking the damage to his car.  Justin hadn't been sure his father was the one who'd rammed into Brian, but this brought it all back.

 

His mother and dad were arguing.  Jennifer wanted to know if he'd gotten the information from the other driver.  Craig lied, saying it was dark and the guy had driven off.  Justin needed to see for himself if Brian was okay.

 

"Where are you going?"  Craig asked.

 

"Out."

 

"No.  You're not leaving this house."  Craig turned red in the face.  He turned to Jennifer.  "We're sending him away to school.  It's time he learned some discipline.  How to be a man."

 

Justin laughed even as he wondered what brought that on.  Last time it was because he'd gotten into a fight at school with Hobbs.  One thing he wasn't going to let his father do was slap him, not this time.  Let his mom side with his dad, it wouldn't change what he needed to do.

 

He got to the loft to find Melanie, Lindsay, Ted, and Emmett already there.  Brian was on the couch and Lindsay was giving him something to drink.

 

"Here, have some tea." 

 

"Ah, it's too hot," he said giving it back.

 

"Here put this ice bag on your head."  Ted plopped it on Brian's head.

 

"Th... that’s too cold."  Brian tossed it off.

 

"What are you, Goldilocks?"  Melanie asked.

 

Emmett showed up with his shirt stuffed in the front.  "Time for your temperature!  Roll over!"  he said in a weird voice making everyone laugh.

 

"You're not stickin' that thing up my ass," Brian protested as he moved away.

 

"That accident must have really jarred your brain," Ted suggested.

 

"It wasn't an accident.  That asshole kept ramming me."

 

"Did you get his license?"  asked the lawyer in the group.

 

"It was dark."

 

"I think it might have been my dad.  The front end of his car is smashed."

 

"Hmmm.  Now, why would he do that?"  Mel asked giving Brian a look.

 

Justin sighed.  "Because my mom told him everything.  He wanted to have you arrested and send me away."

 

Brian looked thoughtful.

 

"You better be careful, just in case," Lindsay told Brian.

 

"Don't worry about me.  I'm invincible!"  Brian hopped off the couch.

 

"Yeah, you also got a concussion," Melanie threw in.

 

"Well, fuck it.  It's party time."  Brian turned on the stereo and grabbed Justin.  Soon everyone started to dance.

 

Everyone was having a good time when the loft door was swung open.  Michael and David just stood there watching the pandemonium. 

 

"Hey, guys.  Join the party," Brian graciously suggested.

 

"I thought you were really hurt," Michael said and Justin wondered when he'd found out about the accident.

 

"I am."  Brian asserted.

 

"Michael insisted we come right back," David explained, obviously not happy.

 

"I told you not to," Brian reminded Michael. 

 

Michael being Michael, however, had decided not to take Brian's advice and now David was upset.  Without another word, David decided he was not wanted and left.  Michael made to try and stop him.


"Don't go after him, Mikey.  Don't go after anyone."

 

Justin winched inside, thinking that that was not the best of advice.  He watched as Melanie followed David and wondered what she would say.  He'd noticed that Mel seemed to have a grudge against Brian. 

 

He would later learn from Emmett that David showed up at Babylon and that he and Brian had it out.  He knew that Brian would never tell him what transpired, but Brian did admit that he didn't think David knew Michael.  Justin wanted to suggest that Brian leave them alone, but he didn't.