- Text Size +

Chapter 6


Brian and Justin pulled up right at noon and by the time they got to the door, Molly stood holding Aaron while Gus was jumping up and down as his dads walked in.  Brian lifted Gus high in the air and then hugged him close. “I missed you so much, Gus.”

“I missed you, too, Daddy. And Aaron missed you, too.  He told me so.  Did you know he has a tooth?”

“I did. Come here little guy.” Brian set Gus down and reached for Aaron who flung himself into his daddy’s arms. Brian held onto the little boy for a moment and then ran his finger along his no longer toothless gum. “You are growing up too fast Aaron.”

Justin dropped to his knees to hug Gus. “Daddy J, is your headache better?”

“It is, sweety.  Thanks for asking me.”

“I miss you when you have headaches.”

“Well, it's a good thing I don’t get them very often anymore.”

Justin took Aaron from Brian to snuggle his baby boy.

“Brian, you are all over the news today.  Gus was surprised to see his daddies on TV.” Jenn walked over and hugged her son and Brian.

“You looked so fancy,” Gus blurted.

“Ya, bro, you looked fancy,” Molly snickered.

“You both looked very handsome,” Jenn said.  “No wonder I have the most beautiful grandchildren in the world. And the sweetest.”

As they came to the table, Tuck brought in some grilled burgers and chicken while Jennifer put the rest of the food on the table. The seven of them ate and laughed as Gus and Aaron entertained them all. And once they were done eating, Brian and Justin loaded the boys in the SUV and headed toward Britan. 

Within 15 minutes, both boys were napping in the back so Brian asked, “So Tom and Nate, really?”

“I have always felt sorry for Tom once the club scene was no longer what he wanted.  And then Nate asked if I knew of someone who might be interested in a friends with benefits situation.  I think they are going to be great for each other.”

“You know, I can see that,” Brian commented.  “Tom has always had to be careful.  I couldn’t do it.”

“You realize your father has probably been celebit since you were…”

“So do you think we should go to Atlanta?”

“Brian that is completely up to you.  I haven’t talked to him yet.  I wasn’t thinking about calling him but I wanted to talk to you about it first.”

“Are we home yet, Daddy? I want to play in the snow before it is all melted away.” Gus was looking out at the quickly disappearing snow piles.”

“I think this will be the last  snow of the year. Since we are only a few weeks from Em and James’ wedding, we need the weather to cooperate,” Justin smiled. “Brian, we really do need to be prepared for rain or cold.”

“I don’t even think God would mess with Em on his wedding day.” Justin had to laugh at Brian’s comment.

“I can’t argue with that and he does deserve it.”

Justin carried in a sleeping Aaron and Gus helped Brian carry in the bags.  “Daddy, I saw you with a big statue on TV.  Where is it?”

“Well, it will be brought to my office but I think I will bring the big one home.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to see it!”

Soon Gus was playing outside the glass doors where Nate soon joined him.  Being a boy who grew up in the south, he couldn’t help but come out and play.  “Nate,” Gus started, “is Father Tom here?”

“Not right now, he isn’t.  He is going to come to my place for dinner.”

“Are you going to have a sleepover again?”

“I don’t know? Normally tomorrow would be Father Tom’s busiest day but since he is on this vacation he might.”

“I’m glad you and Father Tom are friends, I think he needs a friend.”

“Well,” Nate tackled Gus into the only small pile of snow left, “I needed a friend, too.”

“Can I be your friend, too, Nate?”

“Of course you can be my friend, Gus.  A guy can never have too many friends.”  Gus gave him a big hug and a kiss on his cheek.


Brian and Justin went to the office after Ronni laid Aaron down for a nap.  Brian looked at the picture of his father and read through the report Justin had put together with Tom’s files.  He pulled Justin onto his lap and Justin wrapped his arms around him.  “How are you doing with this, Bri? That was a lot to digest.” 

Brian buried his face in Justin’s neck. “Damn, you smell so good.”

“I probably smell of lunch at Mom’s, Aaron’s drool, some sweat…”

“You smell like you. I love you for doing all this for me. Face it, I love everything about you.”

“Are you avoiding my question? How are you doing with this?”

“I think it hasn’t all soaked in yet.  He sounds like someone I would like.  He actually goes out there and works.  He doesn’t just preach down at you.  He works for the people who need help.  Sunshine?”

“Yes?” He kissed Brian’s temple.

“Will you talk to him?” Justin looked down at Brian and for a moment, he didn’t look any older than Gus.  The fear of rejection was written all over his face.  “I know I don’t need him in my life.  I have everything a man could want but….”

“But you want a relationship with your father.”  Justin said as Brian laid his head on Justin’s chest. Justin tilted his head upward and brushed his mouth on Brian’s.  “You are planning on being home all next week, right?”

“I am.”

“Well, I think I might do an overnight trip to Atlanta.”

“Sunshine? Are you sure you should be traveling by yourself? I mean, you just had one of the killer headaches.”

Justin throught for a second.  “What if I brought Em with me? I doubt I will have another one.  I don’t get them very often anymore but, if Em doesn’t have any jobs, he can come with me and we can do a little shopping or wedding decorating.”

“I like that idea, not that I want you to go away. I mean I was gone all last week and now…”

“One night, my love.  Why don’t you go check on the boys? Gus really missed you.  I am going to call Em and then I will be out.”


Later that night, Em lay with one leg draped over James’ naked body.  “I think I’ll tell Justin I can’t go.”

“And why would you do that?”

“I don’t want to be away from you.”

“Emmett Honeycutt, I know you love me and you know I love you.  We are going to have the next 70 years together.  We will have nights we need to be apart but then we will have the nights we are back together and well…”

“You are right, Jamesy.  And while I’m in Atlanta I will find the perfect honeymoon sleep attire for both of us.”

“Em, you know I….”

“But you will wear it for me.” Em trailed his finger down James’ chest and then worked its way down the treasure trail until James sucked in a breath.

“Damn, you know I will do anything for you.”


Monday morning the boys sat at the table with Brian and Justin. “Daddy J, are you sure Daddy can take care of us without you here?”  Gus asked as he got on his knees and hugged Justin around the neck.

Justin’s heart leaped a bit.  He loved his boys so much.  He hated leaving them but this was for Brian. “Oh, your Daddy will do just fine, not to mention Nate will be here along with Ronni.”

“But, Daddy J, Aaron will miss you and what if you get a headache?”

“Oh, Gus, I love you so much.” Justin hugged him tightly. “Uncle Em will be there if I get a headache and Ronni sent along her tea.”

“Ok,” Gus sat back down and continued eating.


Justin hugged and kissed Aaron before handing him over to Nate when he walked in.  Justin said goodbye to Gus and then Brian walked to the front step with Justin.  James was driving them to the airport so Brian and Justin needed to say goodbye at the house. Brian took Justin in his arms, “Thank you, Sunshine. I know you are doing all of this for me. I love you.” He pulled him close and kissed him. “Let me know when you get there and call me tonight.”

“I will, love.  Take care of our boys.” Brian put his bag in the trunk and then bent in the window to kiss Justin once more. 

“Brian, let that poor boy go so we can make our plane.”

“Emmett, you’ll probably have a quickie in the backseat before you let James leave so just fuck off.” With that Brian stood up and James slowly pulled away.

Although Emmett didn’t pull him into the back of the car, James and Emmett stood by the car kissing for several minutes before Justin yanked Emmett’s arm.  “Come on, lover boy.  We will be home by tomorrow night and we don’t want to miss our flight.”

Justin and Emmett didn’t check any bags but by the time they got through security they had just enough time to get on the plane.  Justin had gotten them First Class seats so as soon as they sat down they were given champaign.  “Justin, this is great.” He held up his glass.  Soon they were in the air and had their second glass.  “So, have you talked to Brian’s dad? Did you get an appointment set up with him? How is Brian really doing with all this?”

Justin looked over at Em, “I have an appointment scheduled with him this evening.  Once he gets off, he expects it to be about 6:00, I am meeting him at a local cafe.  I hope you don’t mind doing your own thing tonight.  I think I should meet with him alone tonight.  I promise we will be out and about all day tomorrow and we will fly out at 8:00 tomorrow night.”

“I’ll be good tonight. Don’t worry about me.  I will just order room service and plan our day tomorrow.”

“That sounds great.”

“Justin, you are feeling alright, aren’t you? I mean, you’ll tell me if you start feeling a headache?”

“I’m feeling great, although a little nervous about meeting Kevin.  But since you mentioned it,” Justin called over one of the flight attendants and asked for a cup of hot water.  “I try to drink at least four cups a day for a few days after a headache and then I go back to twice a day.  Your soon to be mother in law is an amazing woman.”

“Look at the son she produced. Damn, I still can’t believe that beautiful man is really mine and I have no doubts he really loves me.”

Justin took his arm. “And why wouldn’t he. Em, he is as lucky as you are.  You two are perfect for each other.”

“I can’t believe we are only a couple weeks away from the wedding.”

“Are the plans going well?”

“As long as the weather cooperates.”

Soon the plane was landing and the next two hours they were disembarking and getting a cab to the hotel.  Once they got settled into the room, Justin stretched out on one of the beds.  Rather laying on the other bed, Em dropped next to him. “I guess I could have gotten us a suite but for one night…”

Em took Justin’s hand, “I don’t mind.  I’ve never been big on being alone.”

“Em, have you heard from your family? Are they coming to the wedding?”

“Well, I know my sister in law is coming.  Nate told me that but he said his dad hasn’t committed yet.” Emmett dropped his head on Justin’s shoulder.  “I decided it would be best if I didn’t know.  I can’t let any negativity ruin my mood.  The people I need will be there. If my family can make it, that will just be added happiness.”

“I’m so glad you realize that.” Justin kissed the top of his head. “And I am really glad you could come along.  Brian wouldn’t have felt right about letting me come alone but he also was not ready to come along.  Don’t let him know I told you but he is really nervous that Kevin won’t want anything to do with him.  And I think he can deal with that as long as he doesn’t meet him but if he meets him and then feels rejected…”

“Seeing Kinney in his public persona you would never think he had any lack of confidence but it just goes to show that everyone can have those feelings. I know he isn’t as tough as he acts.  While you were missing, he became more and more human.”

“He may not want people to realize it but he is as human as the rest of us.  God, I love him.”

“Justin, can I tell you something? You can’t mention it to anyone.”

“What is it, Em?”

“We are starting to look into having kids. We haven’t decided how yet but we want kids soon.  Your boys just show us we want that, too. ”

“Well, maybe we will have another one, too.”

“Really?”

“I would love to have one more.  In some ways Gus is Brian’s, Aaron’s is mine, and now I would like ours.  You know we both love both boys equally but it is what it is.”

The men dozed and when Justin woke, he had a text with the time to meet Kevin.  He didn’t lie to Kevin but he definitely left out the true reason for his visit. He had used his own name, not Kinney. And Kevin would leave with a nice donation no matter what but, depending on how the meeting went, he wasn’t sure if he would use the Kinnetik account or Justin Taylor’s.

Justin kissed Emmett’s cheek.  “I need to go meet Kevin. I will let you know when I am on my way back.”

Justin got a taxi and 15 minutes later he was in a comfortable, working class neighborhood.  He could tell the people in the area took pride in where they lived.  As he got out of the car and paid the driver, he felt a rush of adrenaline.  He walked to the diner.  There was a line waiting to get in but Kevin had texted him five minutes ago and said he had a table for them, so Justin walked past those waiting and entered the diner.  It was one of those classic silver cars.  He could tell it was new but had the old feel to it. 

A woman about his age with one side of her head shaved and the other half was colored like a rainbow stepped up, “Hey, sweetie, I haven’t seen you here before.”  She looked him up and down, “You don’t look like you are in need.  Usually Father Kev meets with someone who is down and out and I can tell from your shoes you definitely don’t need help that way.”  She looked up and saw Justin’s confused look.  “Sorry, Father Kev helped me and Sally out when we were teens and we won’t ever forget it.  He always has a booth but usually it is a young, confused kid or it is someone I know.  You’re new.” The woman, whose name tag said Brandy, stopped talking.  “Sorry, he just told me he  had a donor coming but I didn’t expect someone so young. I got carried away. Last booth on the right.  What can I bring you to drink?”  

“I’ll take an unsweet tea.  Thanks, Brandy.”  She was gone. Justin took a breath and  walked toward the booth.  As he walked he got a glimpse of the attractive middle aged man who was looking at the line of people outside. As Justin walked closer Kevin looked up and locked eyes with him. “Kevin Cain?” Justin offered his hand and Brian’s father reached out and took it.

“Well, Mr. Taylor, I am sorry if I look surprised.  I expected someone much older. I am not one to research possible donors, even though my accountant says I should. Please join me.”  They both sat just as Brandy brought Justin his tea and handed them both a menu. Justin thanked her and Kevin continued. “Don’t take this wrong but, should I know you? Your name rings a bell somewhere in my memory but...”

“If you are asking if I am famous, you would only have heard of me if you are into art.  I have had mild success for my age.”

“Well, how did you hear about our agency? Do you have a connection to…”

Justin decided to tell him his story.  He liked this man already.  “Excuse me, what do you prefer to be called? Kevin, Father Kevin?”

“Most people around here call me Father Kev but Kevin is fine.”

“Kevin, considering what you do for a living, I was in the news a few years ago in Pitts..”

“You are the young man who was beaten and reported dead. What’s it been, a year, since you surfaced?”

“It was a year ago last month. My father is in prison for false imprisonment along with several other charges.”

“You look like you are doing great.”

“I still have some issues with severe migraines but they are getting less common.”

“Have you had time to look at the menu? Sally is on her way over.”

“What’s good?” Justin asked.

“Everything here is amazing,” Father Kev said as Sally walked up.

“You tell him, Father.” She looked at Justin, “Everything is made from scratch.  You’re a cutie.  If I wasn’t into Brandy, you would have to….” She noticed Justin’s wedding ring, “Oh, looks like I am too late.”

“Every good diner has a daily special.  What’s yours?”

“Today it is chicken fried chicken with real mashed potatoes.”

“Justin, you can’t go wrong with the special.  Whatever it is, that’s what I get.”

“That sounds great.” 

“Make it two, Sal.” She walked away and Kevin continued, “So now I know a little about you.  I’d love to know how you found my agency.”

“Well, Kevin, you know I am from Pittsburgh and I know you spent some time there, too.”  That took Kevin aback.

“That had to have taken some digging.  I’m a bit confused.  I thought you were looking into my center.  I didn’t know the life of a priest was so interesting.”

Justin could tell Kevin wasn’t nearly as relaxed as he had been.  “Kevin, I know you were raised in Iowa and then joined the service. How did you meet Anna Claire? Was it through a pen pal program?”

Now his mouth was hanging open. “What is this? Are you some kind of con? I mean if you are, you are out of luck.  Everyone around me knows…”

“I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to make you feel like you were being compromised.” Justin told him he had met Anna at the hospital in an art program.

“How is Anna Claire? I think about her often.”

“Physically, Anna is very healthy and she is very sweet. She remembers you.”

“She probably hates me.  She should.  Obviously she has told you some things or you wouldn’t have tracked me down which by the way, had to have taken some investigating.”

Their food appeared but this time Sally was in and out without talking, seeing they were in a deep conversation.

“Does Anna Claire have visitors? Does anyone, besides you, go see her?”

“Her nephew does, now that he knows she exists.”

“Nephew?” That caught Kevin’s attention.  “Joan’s son or did one of her brothers come back.”

“Kevin, this food is as good as you said it would be.” Justin ate a couple more bites. “Did you know about him? Anna said you knew.  Did Joan want you to marry her?”

“That… my vows as a priest won’t let me say what I am thinking. So are you here for Anna? Joan? The boy?”

“The only reason i see Joan is because her grandson likes to keep in touch with her.  I hate to be in her presence.”

“Well, obviously she hasn’t changed.  She gave birth to a boy?”

“Yes, his name is Brian.  Brian Kinney. You also have a grandson, Gus.”

“Brandy,” Kevin waved at her, “Could you bring us each a beer?”  he looked at Justin, “I don’t know if you drink but if you don’t I know I could use both. How long has he known? Brian. What can you tell me about him?”

“Brian is very successful for someone in their early 30s.  His company is named Kinnetik.”

“I just saw that name this weekend in the business section.  Someone to keep your eye on in advertising. Is he a good friend of yours?”

“He is my best friend. He is also my husband and we are fathers to Gus and Aaron. Brian has his shortcomings but I couldn’t live without that man. He is the one that saved me from my own father.”

Kevin had finished the first beer and as he reached for the second, Justin nodded telling him it was all his. “Justin, this is not how I expected this dinner would go. I thought I would be telling you about my program and see if I could coax an annual payment from some gentleman about my age.  Instead I find out I have a son and grandson. Brian isn’t going to walk in is he?”

“Kevin, you obviously remember Joan.  Can you imagine being raised by a woman like that and be openly gay? Brian didn’t tell his parents until his father was dying.  Joan recently had a stroke and she stayed at our pool house while she recovered. That’s how Gus got to know her. He is the greatest boy.”

“Where’s the phone? I know you have pictures for me to see.”

Justin took the phone out of his pocket but then stopped, “Kevin, does this mean you want to meet Brian? The family? Brian isn’t here for a couple reasons.  First, if you weren’t interested in a relationship he understood but he couldn’t take another father rejecting him, and obviously, you wouldn’t be rejecting him because he was gay. But you're a priest.  A family might be an issue.”

“That is not a problem and I would love to get to know you and your family. I just can’t...I’m sorry, I may need a little time to let this all sink in but I can’t wait to see your family.

Justin’s phone sprung to life and he slipped over to Kevin’s side of the booth and started showing him pictures.

“Um, Father Kev, I thought the two of you would like your normal dessert.” Brandy set down two pieces of apple pie. “If you don’t like apple I have blueberry and chocolate and…”

“This looks great, thanks.”

For the first time in a couple hours Justin and Kevin looked around.  There was no longer a line outside and half the booths were now empty.  “Wow, Brandy, are you trying to be polite? Do you want us out of here?”

“Father Kev, you know you are welcome to stay as long as you want to. Even after the doors are locked you know we are here a couple hours.”

“Can Sally come over or is she still busy?” Brandy went to get her.  “Sally and Brandy are as close to kids as I ever had.  I mean they were the first two to walk into my agency.  They had both been thrown out of their family homes and now I just want to share with them. Is that alright?”

“Of course it is,” Justin smiled.  I think all the pictures should have transferred to your phone now, too.”

The two women dropped into the booth, each holding two beers. They passed one across to Father Kev and Justin. “So what is all this?” Sally asked. “I have never heard you so sucked into something.”

“Well, Justin informed me that… Let me backup just a bit.  Remember when I told you about  the big mistake I made after the war where I lost the love of my life?”

“Of course.  You told us about that when we couldn’t imagine a priest had done anything wrong.”

“Well, ladies, meet Justin Taylor, my son in law. He is married to my son and look at these two gorgeous grandsons I have.” Kevin shared his phone with the women and they oohed and aahed over Gus and Aaron.

“When are you going to meet them?” Sally asked almost as excited as Kevin.

“We haven’t talked about that yet,” Justin said.  “I think it will be fairly soon.” Justin looked at his watch.  It was nearly 10:00 p.m. “I didn’t realize it was so late.  I have a friend that flew down with me who has been at the hotel all night.” He texted Emmett and told him he should be leaving soon.

“When do you leave?” Kevin asked.

“Tomorrow night at this time.”

“I have a busy day but do you think we could meet for dinner tomorrow before you go to the airport.  Your friend is welcome to come, too, of course.”

“I think that should work. That will give you a little time to absorb what you learned.”

Brandy slipped out of the booth, “I’ll call you a cab.” She extended her hand to Sally. “Let’s give them a couple minutes alone and tomorrow we can get the low down on all of it.” She kissed Sally lightly and went to make the call.

“If I can get my calendar cleared in a week or two, do you think that will work with Brian.”

“He will make anything work.  Kevin, he is going to be so excited as well as scared. He has had so much rejection in his life.”

“I hope I can help him get over that.”

“I know you will.”

“Do you think I could see Anna?”

“I can probably arrange that,” Justin said as the cab drove up.  We will be here at 6:00 tomorrow.” Justin gave Kevin a hug and as he separated he kissed his cheek. “I am so glad I found you.”

Sally walked up to the two men, “Let me take a picture of the two of you.” Justin handed his phone over to her and she snapped a couple pictures.

“Thanks, Sally, that was a great idea.”


“When you texted I was about to call you.  Brian has texted me at least three times asking if you are here yet.”

“I am going to give him a call and then I promise to tell you all about it.” Justin went out on the small balcony and sat down, shutting the door behind him. He called Brian.

“Where have you been? Emmett said you weren’t back at the hotel.” Brian’s voice was harsh and snarky.

“Brian, how are the boys? No more teeth yet?” Justin asked, knowing Brian was just stressed, not knowing what had happened.

“I’m sorry, Sunshine. It just got so late and…”

“Brian, he’s a wonderful man.  He hopes you will want to meet with him soon. Let me send you a picture.” He sent the picture they had taken about 30 minutes ago. “Brian, he looks like you.  A couple things he did reminded me so much of you.”

Brian was quiet for a second. “I...ya, and he has hair,” Brian said laughing a bit.

“Brian he wants to see you.  He wants to meet the boys.  He wants to see Anna.  Brian, he knew there was a baby but he didn’t know if it was a boy or girl and he didn’t want to interrupt your life.  He had no idea what kind of life you had and you and I both know, it was different back in the 70’s.  If he had made trouble, he would have been a castoff.  He felt the best thing would be to help others. He felt he had messed up his entire life so he had to find something to make up for it.” It was quiet at the other end.  “Love, you there?”

“I am, Sunshine.  When will you be home?”

“It will be after 2:00 in the morning.  We leave at 10:00 tomorrow night, after we have dinner with Kevin and a couple of his friends.”

“I wish I could be there but I just couldn’t... I miss you.”

“Kiss the boys for me. I love you, darling.”

“I love you, Sunshine.” The line went dead and after Justin wiped a stray tear away.  He stood up.  He loved that man and his boys so much.  He really hoped they could think about having another child. They had so much love to give.

“Come here, honey.  We are both missing our men tonight.”

Justin pulled on some shorts and crawled into bed with Emmett.  “Let’s just not mention the sleeping arrangements.  You know if Bri would ask, I wouldn’t lie but Brian is so stressed I just don’t want him to blow up for no reason.”

“Yes, I have to feel a little sorry for him, although it is obvious he has had a really good year, too.” Em wrapped his long arms around Justin and held him lightly.  The arms were so like Brian’s and yet so different. “Justin, should I be nervous about getting married?”

“You know the marriage is exactly what you need. Is everything for the wedding ready?”

“Ronni and Nate, along with Tracy and her crew, this is going to be some party.”

“Then that leads me to ask, why are you worrying?”

“Because I can’t stop thinking about my family. I know Mama will be looking down and smiling on me but I just wish my daddy could accept me for the man I am and not keep thinking about the man he wishes I was.  He has a couple other sons who are just like him. Can’t he just let me be me?”

It was Justin’s turn to turn over and put his arms around Em.  “Em, Brian said basically the same thing last night.  He told me what he had was all he needed but he still hoped he could have a relationship with Kevin.  You know James is the only man for you but every boy wants his dad. I know that feeling, too, even though it is very different now. Now, I protect Aaron from him.” Justin  said softly, “We are all really lucky to have each other.”

“You are so right, Justin. I love you.”

“Love you, too, Em.  Now, let’s get to sleep.  I have a feeling you have a big day planned for us.”


By noon Em had Justin in his third sex toy shop. “Em, I need to call the boys. I’ll be right outside.” Justin found a bench in the shade and called home. 

“Daddy J is that you? Ronni said you were going to call.”

“Hi, Gus, I miss you.”

“When are you coming home?” he questioned.

“I will be home tomorrow.  I might sleep a little late because it will be very late when I get home.  How about if I have lunch with you?”

“I guess I can wait that long.”

“Is your daddy around?”

“DADDY!” Gus yelled loudly.  “Daddy J is on the phone.”

It wasn’t long when he heard, “Hey, Sunshine, everything on for today?”

“Yes and thanks to Em’s itinerary, I have a couple new toys for us to try out soon.”

“Oh, I like the sound of that.”

“Brian,  have you talked to Em’s family lately? That is the only thing that has him stressed.”

“I have tried calling him.  He is actually a very nice man. I have a feeling his mom was the personality for the couple.  Bennett is soft spoken and a man with convictions. He just can’t seem to get over his hangups.”

“Brian, maybe you could fly down there and talk to him.”

“We’ll talk about it tomorrow.”

“Here come Em.  I’ll talk to you before we take off tonight. Bri, I love you.”

“Love you, DADDY!” Gus’ voice came just as the phone went dead.

Emmett and Justin spent the next few hours getting a new wardrobe for the honeymoon.  It mostly consisted of swimsuits and shorts for both Em and James. Before going to the diner, they stopped at the hotel where they had left their bags for the day.  They had a drink at the hotel since they had a little extra time and Justin filled Em in on Brandy and Sally.


Sally had spent a good part of her day looking into this Brian Kinney.  Father Kev meant the world to her and Brandy. If he hadn’t been there they would both probably have ended up selling themselves on the streets. She wanted to make sure Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor were on the up and up and not planning some vendetta.

Father Kevin arrived at 5:30 per Sally’s request and the three of them sat down to talk about what she uncovered. He hugged both of his girls.  “So did you two actually take the night off?”

“We did,” Brandy said.  “It is a good way for the new assistant to run the place but have us here in case she needs something. We are going to use the back room.  That way I can’t get distracted and let work distract me.”

“You two make me so proud, the way you run this business.”

“Well, if it wasn’t for you we would have never gotten the schooling and training we needed.”

“It was your determination.  Now, what have you found about my son.”

“Your son is as hot as his husband,” Sally sighed.

“You know being with a bisexual isn’t always easy.” Brandy scowled at Sally.

“Bran, you know my heart belongs to only you but I can’t help it if hot men still turn me on and you have benefitted so don’t complain.”

“That is true,” Brandy kissed Sally.

“Um, ladies, my son?”

“Oh, Father Kev, from everything I could see he is an amazing guy.  He had a few issues as a teen and early twenties but he was usually in trouble for good causes and as his business started doing better, he started donating more and more to good charities and groups. He spent a lot of money tracking down Justin and that is a whole story in itself but I would say your son got a lot of your best qualities. I couldn’t find one thing that I disagreed with.”

“I know a little bit about Justin’s story.  They both lost out in the father department but I bet they are great fathers,” Kevin commented.

“Since your son just won a huge reward, there were a couple articles in online magazines this week.  Your grandchildren are adorable and it looks like they kind of run a commune using a village to raise the boys. Please tell me if you ever go up there we can go, too?  I mean look at the pictures of their home. They call it Britan.”

The diner was filling up around them as they got to their busier time.  Justin and Em walked in at 6:00 on the dot. Brandy led them to the back room where, by now, the computer was put away and drinks were already on the table as well as a variety of appetizers.

Justin heard Em purr when he saw Kevin. “Emmett, let me introduce you to my new friends.  First, Kevin, this is Emmett Honeycutt.  He has known Brian even longer than I have.”

“Nice to meet you, Emmett.”

“Very nice to meet you.  Your son and I don’t always see eye to eye but I would give my life for him and he would do the same for me.”

“I love hearing that.  Let me introduce my sudo daughters.  This is Brandy and this is Sally.” Em shook hands with both of them. The next two hours they spent talking about Brian as they ate and drank.  Brandy went back and forth grabbing different food for them but too soon it was time for Em and Justin to head to the airport.

“I hope you don’t mind if I drive you to the airport,” Kevin said as the time arrived to leave.

“Oh, Kevin, we don’t want to put you out.  We can get a taxi.”

“Absolutely not.  We’re family now. At least I hope we are.” He draped an arm around Justin’s shoulders.

“We’re family.” 

Kevin pulled up at the airport and let them get out. He gave Emmett a hug and wished him well on his marriage and then he hugged Justin. “I am so glad you came down. I can’t wait to meet the rest of your family.”

“As soon as Emmett’s wedding is over we will get a date locked down.”

“I have an idea,” Em said quickly.  “Come to our wedding. I would love for you to meet my James.  Bring the girls.  They can stay at our place because we will be gone.  They can sleep in our guest room and Brian and Justin have plenty of room in their house for you. Damn, we need to go, Justin. Father Kev, I will email your invitation and the invitation for Sal and Brandy.  Please come.”

“I will check into it.” Kevin smiled as he watched them walk toward the terminal.

“Oh, Kevin, I almost forgot.” Justin said, rushing back to him and handed him a piece of paper before going back to Em and into the building. 

Kevin looked at what he was handed and opened it up.  It was a check.  He looked at it twice and once  he got in the car, he looked at it again.  “Holy shit!” he quickly crossed himself. He had seen it correctly.  It was from Justin Taylor and was made out for $50,000.


Once Justin and Emmett got settled into the seats, they both nearly melted into the seats.  Justin quickly texted Brian letting him know they were scheduled to land after midnight as expected. Brian just returned with an OK.

“I hope Brian can deal with all this.  I thought this would be the best time since he is taking a little time off at work but now I wonder if that is giving him too much time to think. We both know he overthinks.”

“Sunshine, he just needs time with you.  You know how to deal with him.  I hope you don’t mind me inviting them to the wedding.  I just thought it might be the perfect time since Brian is still off and if it goes too long, Brian will just get stir crazy if he doesn’t meet him.”

“Em, you know Brian as well as I do.”

“Well, I wouldn’t say that, especially in some areas.” He smiled at Justin, “but I have known him for a long time and I think I know how his mind works.”

“Thanks for coming with me, Em.  You really made this trip so much easier for me.”

“It was a perfect little trip for me to.  You know how I love to shop!”  Em smiled.  “Now, I am going to sleep so when we get home…”  He pushed Justin’s head down on his shoulder and he dropped his own head on top of it.”


When the plane landed, both Brian and James met them. Once greetings were done, Brian held James held Emmett’s hand as he pulled out into traffic while in the back, Brian held onto Justin tightly.  “Who is with the boys?” 

“Ronni has the monitors tonight.  She is sleeping in the room next to Gus so until noon tomorrow she has them along with Nate’s help. Tell me more about my dad.”  

As Justin spoke softly, Brian’s hand unzipped his fly and as Justin enjoyed Brian’s ministrations, Brian listened to every bit of new knowledge Justin was telling him about his father.  With perfect timing, Brian bent down and took Justin’s erection into his mouth. “God, I’ve missed you, darling.”