- Text Size +

 

Brian smiled as he stepped out of the plane and down the walkway of the terminal, only slightly aware of the lack of activity in the mid-afternoon hour. He nodded to his security men, observing that one of them had moved to intercept his baggage, the other staying dutifully by Brian's side... his dedication never in question. "This is a bit slow for this time of day, isn't it?"

 

Rafael scanned his eyes around the waiting area of the small airport, shrugging indifferently at the absence of bodies. "Perhaps there are no more flights today, Your Highness."

 

Stepping outside into the heat that he'd never quite forgotten, Brian hadn't realized until this moment how much he'd missed this particular brand of the scorching sun. He looked up into the burning sky, a deep sigh of contentment passing his lips. "It's good to be home again."

 

Just as he spoke, the king's private car pulled up, his grandfather's most trusted driver and guard stepping out to greet him. Falling to his knees on the harsh cement, the servant reverently spoke, "My Prince. It's wonderful to have you back home."

 

"Thank you, Benjamin. You may rise," Brian told him, looking away to notice the uncommon vacant activity on the outside as well. He cursed under his breath. "My grandfather shut down the damned airport... all in lieu of my arrival." Nodding to his guards to place the bags in the back of the car, Brian shook his head in disbelief. "He's just unbelievable."

 

Ben lowered his head, having been the unfortunate one in between the king and prince on many occasions... never finding comfort in the position. As much as the two men loved each other, their battles were legendary. In all his years of service, Prince Brahim had been the only one he'd ever known to take on the king, and walk away unscathed. Much of that was due to the fact that Brahim held the king in the highest esteem... in keeping with that, the prince respected his grandfather. Any disagreements... and there had been many of those in past years, it was always confined to the privacy of their rooms; their collective guards that were sworn to secrecy the only other men privy to the context of their meetings.

 

Swallowing slowly, Ben told the prince, "I believe he wanted your arrival to proceed with ease, and spare you the gawkers or tourists that would seek your attention."

 

"Diplomatically spoken." Brian slid into the car, looking out the window as one guard slipped into the front seat, and the other one back with him on the opposite side.

 

"Your Highness, is your destination still the king's residence?" Ben asked, as he pulled the car slowly forward.

 

"Yes Ben, that's correct. Don't wander far once we arrive, though. I don't intend to stay for long." Brian's eyes flashed with a resurging fire as the reason for his trip began to hit him full force. He was now in Brakania - finally. Justin was already settled in his home, in his lands, completely under his power. He found he could not wait to make his presence known to the fiery and rebellious blond.

 

Ben held back a smirk. He had overheard the king's last conversation with his grandson. Ben knew what this trip was all about... more to the point, the prince and his apparent obsession for a young American boy. He had known Prince Brahim for a vast number of years, his exploits were renowned, but what he was doing here with this young man fell far from within his norm. "I will have you there as quickly as possible, Sire."

 

Brian nodded, leaning his head back to stare out at the passing landscape. As much as he looked forward to seeing his grandfather again, that wasn't the reunion he had most in mind. The most prevalent being his reunion with the blond he was aching to possess, vowing to himself he would possess him - today.

 

As he looked back at Brahim in intervals, Ben couldn't help but wonder about the young man, knowing he had to be special to affect him so dramatically. He hoped he had the opportunity to meet him. Judging by the prince's tense posture and his look of concentration as he looked out the window at the passing scenery, Ben had a feeling he would get his chance to do so, thinking Brahim and his American guest could be here for some time to come. He could only imagine Michael's reaction to the prince's sudden return after so long... along with his devastation when he realized the reason behind it. Michael had languished in his infatuation for the prince for as long as he'd known him. Ben had fallen in love with Michael at first sight and had pursued him as a result. Finally, they had been making progress - at least until Michael learned of Brahim's return. Ben decided that might be a good thing. Perhaps now Michael will grow into the realization that the prince would never look at him as a lover. Regardless of what happened between him and Michael on a personal level, he truly hoped Michael finally received that closure to move on with his life.

 


 

 

Justin paced within his spacious room, back and forth, his irritation only growing each passing moment. He'd been here since yesterday... and still no contact from either the king or prince. He came here with the indication that the king sought quick results... and now this total evasion. He was beginning to feel maneuvered and totally disrespected. His time obviously meant nothing to them. Regardless of the fact that he was being paid to be here, he didn't like the feeling of being ignored. His eyes lit on the phone that could connect him to the prince's staff, falling away from it just as quickly. He'd been calling ever since he awakened this morning. It all ended the same. The prince would contact him when he arrived, which was due to be soon... and to advise them if he needed anything to see to his comfort.

 

See to his comfort, Justin thought to himself. Surprisingly, the prince's home was opulent... the luxury and beauty of it not what he had expected when traveling to this foreign land. He realized that assumption wasn't fair. His knowledge of this part of the world was more than limited, and as he looked around, he now understood how much so. As he touched the beautiful ornate furniture, tables fashioned of what appeared to be the finest cherry wood, and hardwood floors that obviously were kept polished; Justin determined this wasn't a poor kingdom. These people had money. A lot of it. Uncaring of his discovery, and only wanting to get on with the reason for his trip, he sighed in exasperation that it was now past noon and still no sign of the prospective client.

 

Justin slipped out of his room, and down the stairs smiling in passing at the vast comings and goings of the staff as they moved frantically about. Something was happening was his immediate thought. Perhaps the prince was finally deigning to make his arrival. Shaking his head in disgust at how excited they seemed to be by his forthcoming arrival, he stepped outside... immediately sensing a presence behind him. He looked over his shoulder to find Michael glowering at him. For some reason, the prince's servant didn't seem to like him. Why he didn't know... and found he cared about that even less.

 

"Sir, can I help you find something?" Michael asked in annoyance; the more he looked at the young American, the more he realized exactly why he was here. The part that confused him the most was the blond not seeming to know the prince. He thought on that carefully for a moment, and then the king's commands suddenly made much more sense. When they were informed to prepare the house for Brahim's arrival, they were instructed to remove all the photographs and paintings that displayed the prince. They didn't want Justin to know what the prince looked like before his arrival. That meant one thing. Justin did know the prince, but he didn't know him as the prince. Michael ground his teeth together. This was more distressing than he'd originally thought. The prince would be here soon. He would gauge their interactions then.

 

"I'm just going for a short walk. Is that a problem?" Justin asked, effecting a challenging stance.

 

Michael's eyes narrowed, immediately sensing this American boy was no pushover. That was something he needed to remember. Perhaps that would be the downfall between him and Prince Brahim. The prince didn't back down from anyone other than his grandfather - and rarely did he even do that. Disrespect would not be tolerated by the prince. He would use him and discard him. Quickly. Yes, that's how it would be, Michael reflected to himself. Then, he would have his prince back home to himself. Once the American was returned to his home, he would profess his love to the prince. Then, they would be together.

 

"No problem, Sir. The grounds are heavily monitored by the prince's guards. You will be safe," Michael told him, his voice courteous... yet dripping with implications that Justin was here and unable to go anywhere without either supervision or the prince knowing about it. He softened his tone, forcing himself to be gracious, knowing Brahim was due to arrive very soon. "Shall I have lunch prepared for you?"

 

Justin shrugged. "I'm not very hungry. Perhaps a sandwich and some fruit when I return."

 

"Very well, Sir. I'll see to it immediately. I wouldn't be away for long. I have received word that the prince is with the king and will be here directly afterward..." Michael told him, watching closely to determine if that instilled any fear in the boy.

 

An indelicate snort followed. "I've been hearing of the prince's imminent arrival since I arrived myself. I'm not waiting around. If he returns before I do, I guess he can come to me."

 

Michael gasped, despite reveling in the fact that Justin seemed to be unimpressed by the prince... knowing this wasn't at all good for the harmony of the household. "Oh no, Sir. The prince doesn't come to anyone. You must be brought before him."

 

Justin began to walk away. "Whatever. If he gets tired of waiting, I'm sure he'll know how to find me." Justin continued to walk forward, uncaring of the harsh indrawn breath that followed his announcement. He shook his head as he took in the beauty and tranquility of the prince's estate; bravado or not - he was unable to shake that any feeling of peace would soon be irrevocably shattered.

 


 

King Salah beamed in delight as his grandson was escorted into his private chambers. He remained seated until Brahim was directly before him. Seeing that he was about to kneel in respect, the king ordered his guards away, before he forestalled Brahim with a firm grip on his arm. "Stop, beloved child. That is not necessary in my private chambers."

 

Brian smiled, lights of love dancing in his eyes as he looked upon the one he loved above all others. Unable to resist, he slid his arms around the king's waist, embracing him tightly for a long moment. "I've missed you, Grandfather."

 

"Not nearly as much as I've missed you, Brahim." They pulled back, each of them trying to mask how emotional they felt by looking away hurriedly. "Please sit. I'll call for some refreshments."

 

"No, that's not necessary, Sir. I'd prefer to make the journey to my home shortly..." Brian told him, having no need to tell the king why he felt such a need to rush.

 

A deep laugh resulted. "This one has you fascinated, my child. I must say I'm pleased to see you so passionate... however, it concerns me as well."

 

"Don't be, Grandfather. It will pass as it always does once it reaches the natural conclusion," Brian replied drolly, convinced once he had Justin, things would be back in perspective again.

 

"I don't believe that, Brahim... and I don't think you do, either. You didn't go to such expense and reorder your life for a passing fancy. You could have taken the boy in his own country without all this subterfuge." The king looked at his grandson knowingly, having no doubt of his allegations. "This young man means something to you. That being so, you need to tread carefully with him, and not make the rest of the capture more difficult than it undoubtedly will be."

 

"Perhaps I do pursue this... and him... with more than my usual fervor. I guess I won't know what it all means until after the fact." Brian's face became dark and intense, his eyes staring off into the distance unseeingly for a moment. "I have never needed anyone like I need him. Failure is not an option here."

 

King Salah laughed. He could see so much of himself in him. Reaching out to clap Brahim sharply on the back, he told him, "You won't fail, Brahim. Perhaps you won't succeed in the quick manner you desire, but you will wear him down. You are a true hunter in every sense of the word, and you are my grandson."

 

Brian nodded, the ferocity of his gaze softening upon looking at his grandfather. His eyes narrowed as they focused on the tired lines around his eyes... further recognizing how much older the seemingly ageless man was appearing since the last time he had seen him. "Are you well, Grandfather? You look tired."

 

The king sat down on his chair, smiling up at Brahim reassuringly. "Yes, I am fine, child. The doctor just checked me out a few days ago. The pressures of this life are just overwhelming at times. Seeing you again eases me immensely."

 

"I will do everything I can to help you while I'm here, but keep in mind, My King - I gave up this life. I don't intend to stay."

 

"You have been more than clear in the past that this isn't the life you want. But now isn't the time to address that. There are other options, ones that I hoped to discuss with you," the king prompted, at once beginning to get to the matter that he'd forewarned him they needed to speak out. "Please, sit with me."

 

"Other options?" Brian queried almost hesitantly, as he took the offered seat by the king's side.

 

King Salah nodded. "Yes, Brahim. It is time we have this talk. You need to think about having an heir. A son to carry on your name and legacy. I want you to give this matter special consideration."

 

"An heir?" Brian asked with a raised brow. "I know you haven't forgotten that I'm queer. Very much so."

 

"No, I haven't forgotten. There are other less common ways without you having to be with a woman." The king looked at him solemnly. "I'm not going to be around forever, Brahim, nor will you. It's time to begin preparing for the future. I know of someone who would willingly carry your child, a woman who comes from a good family..."

 

Brian rolled his eyes. "Lindsay. As far as I remember, she sticks to her own sex as well. Why would she want to do this?"

 

"Lindsay is an ambitious girl. Having the child of royalty... one that could aspire to be the future king, or the prince at the very least, is very appealing to her. I'm not asking for your answer today. I only ask that you think about it," the king implored of him.

 

"Fine. I'll think about it... however, for now, I have other things on my mind," Brian reminded his grandfather, both of them knowing exactly where he wanted to be right now.

 

"Yes, of course, you do. Go home and claim your prize, Brahim. I remind you, child, be patient with the boy. Once he realizes his fate, he's going to be even more rebellious, and perhaps even scared. Go easy or you will alienate him further." He looked at his grandson sternly for a long moment. "And remember who you are, Brahim. This boy cannot publicly disrespect you. If he does, there will be consequences... and you know this. Allowing such behavior makes not only you but our entire kingdom, weak in the eyes of the world. I can't allow that to happen."

 

Brian nodded in full understanding... knowing keeping Justin from displaying outrageous bouts of anger would be his most daunting of tasks. "I'll keep him in line, Sir. He will see things my way in a short matter of time. I swear."

 

"I do hope so, Brahim. I truly do." He stood, inviting Brahim to do the same... embracing him one more time, squeezing him tightly before reluctantly releasing him. "I have one of your royal robes laid out for you in your room upstairs. The rest of them are at your home. I assumed that you'd wish to arrive in full ensemble."

 

Smiling, Brian shook his head in amazement at how intuitive his grandfather always was regarding his wishes. "Thank you, Grandfather. You are exactly correct. Justin will be dumbfounded when he makes the connection. I can't wait to see the look on his beautiful face."

 

"Good luck, my child. Again, remember who you are and proceed with compassion. If you do that, you will gain your heart's desire even sooner," King Salah told him, watching as Brahim smiled at him one last time and scurried towards the stairs to change. He shook his head sadly, knowing his beloved grandson so well. Brahim didn't know how to proceed with caution, most especially when he wanted something as badly as he did his Justin. He was spoiled, much of which could be laid at his door. However much he was certain that Brahim would eventually succeed, these early days could be more than tenuous. He only hoped the bad days would be short-lived.

 


 

Justin was sitting on the ground, his back against a huge enveloping tree... wishing he had thought to bring out his sketch pad; the overall beauty of the prince's home the most breathtaking sight he had ever seen. He wanted the opportunity to capture it on canvas. At the rate of the slow progress he was making in his meeting with the prince, he didn't see why that couldn't be accomplished. Justin realized he had been out here a lot longer than he'd intended, but he hadn't wanted to separate himself from the peaceful beauty that surrounded him... his solitude at once being interrupted by husky laughter resounding very close by... a laugh that sent an immediate chill down his spine.

 

Brian stood not ten feet away, his white robe, blue silken sash fluttering gently in the afternoon breeze... his elation knowing no bounds that he finally had Justin where he wanted him. "I must say your pale skin looks exquisite against the harsh beauty of my lands."

 

His eyes widened as he pulled the form into focus, a gasp falling from his lips as his eyes homed in on the man that had featured in too many of his thoughts from the time they had first met. Justin gasped, as he slowly stood to his feet. "B-Brian? This isn't possible. What kind of tricks are you pulling now?"

 

"No tricks at all, my pet. What you see before you is very real." Brian moved closer, smiling as Justin backed away, until his back once again pressed against the tree. "Don't run, Justin. There's no place for you to go. However, I don't want to get ahead of myself. Allow me to introduce myself." Brian bowed in dramatic fashion, shards of fire flickering in his eyes. "I am Prince Brahim El Khadir of Brakania at your service."

 

Justin shook his head, back and forth. "No. It c-can't be. You are Brian Kinney, international financier. My father would have told me... warned me. Somehow you followed me and are playing more twisted games." Justin stiffened his spine. "It ends now. I'm going home... your playtime is over."

 

Brian laughed huskily, advancing closer. He bracketed his arms along each side of Justin's head, his eyes fastened on the lips that he hungered to devour... and would commence with breaking open under his own - very soon. "Playtime has just begun, Justin. Let me explain your position. You are in my country... on my lands. Things are different now. You do not leave until I give my permission." Brian reached out, placing his hand beneath Justin's chin, squeezing it lightly while keeping him firmly in place. "I don't expect to give that permission for quite some time."

 

"This is kidnapping. Pure and simple. You c-can't do this, Brian... or prince whatever you said your name is..." Justin continued to sputter.

 

Brian's laughter subsided as he watched Justin's anger turn into apprehension. He knew it would be fleeting at best. His Justin didn't fear any man. He would regroup after it all settled in and come back with more resistance, but for now, he would savor the vulnerable Justin - one that had some atoning to do for his previous actions. His voice dropped, low and guttural, "I've waited so long, Justin. Now, it's time for my patience to be rewarded. This moment has been coming since the night you publicly humiliated me at Babylon. The tables are turned now, my sweet boy. You will be mine... and mine alone until I say otherwise. Your lessons begin now..."

 

As Justin gasped his outrage, Brian immediately silenced him in the manner in which he had yearned to from the moment they had met. Lips instantly smashed against lips, his tongue urgently striking out to take possession. Brian didn't stop to consider Justin was acquiescing too easily, only accepting it as his due... and what Justin basically wanted. Brian growled into the heat of Justin's mouth, his tongue seeking and plundering... demanding the response he knew was only Justin's to give. He soon realized his desires were about to be left unsatisfied.

 

Panting in exertion, Justin shoved fiercely against Brian, barely managing enough separation to gain his release. Edging away from the tree, knowing he really had nowhere to run, at least no place where Brian couldn't follow, Justin spat out, "You may have me confined to your home, but you'll never have me. I hate you and all that you stand for. I will find a way to get away from this place... and you'll be so sorry when I do."

 

Brian watched as Justin fled into the direction of the house, allowing him to do so... knowing the boy needed to calm down and accept what was now his life. He would go to him later, however, he would never apologize for his actions. This had been the right thing to do. In time Justin would understand this. Run along, little Justin. Soon you will accept your fate and you will come to me. For no matter how much you protest... how much you profess your hate for me, one simple fact remains. You want me. I will capitalize on that want.

 

TBC