- Text Size +

 

Justin chewed on his lower lip as he watched and listened to the wall clock ticking. It was deafening when the room was in total stillness. Emmett had left for a catering job, and he was sitting here waiting for a knock on the door; the visitor that he had invited soon to arrive. This wasn't going to be an easy talk, but one he felt needed to be done for multiple reasons. He jumped when the knock came on the door. It was hesitant, almost as if it didn't want to be heard. That wasn't the standard approach of the person on the other side. Timid was not in Debbie's vocabulary. Justin guardedly approached the door, fearing his relationship with Debbie Novotny was about to undergo great changes.

 

He opened the door, smiling at her tremulously; Justin quickly noticed how she met his eyes briefly before lowering them just as quickly. "Come in, Deb. I've got coffee on."

 

"I can't believe you'd want to share coffee with me... not after everything..." Debbie still hadn't stepped into the apartment, her anguish over her son's crimes more than evident.

 

"Deb... you know how much I love you. Nothing has changed... and it never will." He looked at her uncertainly for a moment. "Unless you've changed how you feel about me - if you have, I understand. I can quit my job at the diner and get one elsewhere. You won't have to see me again."

 

An outraged gasp fell from Debbie's lips. "That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, Sunshine. You get that idea out of your head right now. I wasn't sure you could bear to see me for a while. I didn't want the trauma of your bashing to keep coming back - day after day." She moved forward and wrapped her arms tightly around him, entrenching him in what was well known as the one and only Debbie Novotny bear hug. Tears ran down Debbie's face as she pulled Justin's head down on her shoulder. "I just want what's best for you, Sweetheart. My son was an asshole to you. I'll always blame myself for not seeing how disturbed Michael was... now it's too late."

 

Justin pulled back after giving her a tight squeeze. "It's never too late." He arched a brow as he looked at the other tenants that were moving along the hall glancing at them curiously as they passed. "Now, how about you come in before we broadcast our business to the entire building?"

 

"Smartass," she grumbled, yet stepping into the apartment without any further argument. She held up a forestalling hand when he went to pour her a cup of coffee. "I can't stay too long. I've got appointments downtown."

 

Sitting back down on the couch, Justin invited her to do the same with a casual sweeping of his hand. "Lawyer for Michael..."

 

Debbie nodded. "Yes, I have to do that much for him. He doesn't have a case... but he's still my son."

 

"Of course, you do. And everyone deserves legal counsel." Justin suddenly realized how hard this must be on Debbie. Not only had she been forced to face such a sudden and ugly truth about her only son, but she was also trying to comfort the victim of her son's extreme violence. He couldn't imagine how hard that was for her. "I don't know what to say, Deb. I really don't. I'm just so sorry."

 

"Stop right there, Sunshine. You have nothing to be sorry for. This is all on Michael." Her face scrunched up in a grimace. "Hell, I can't even blame Brian for this - as much as I'd love to blame the asshole! He's been gone for years, and in truth, he's never led Michael to believe they could ever be more than friends - if you could even call them that. Michael had a mental disorder. That's more than apparent to me now. Most of all - you have nothing to feel guilty about."

 

Justin bit his lip to stifle the grin at Debbie's ‘asshole' reference to Brian. He could see how Brian would be perceived that way, most especially to Debbie right now... but he was glad Debbie wasn't blaming Brian for Michael's actions. Justin knew Brian wasn't at fault... and to be perfectly honest, even if only to himself, he didn't see Brian that way. Without a doubt, Brian could have major dickhead moments; yet, more and more, he had been feeling as if there were much more to Brian than met the eye. Whether Brian Kinney was good for him or not, Justin knew he was becoming more curious to learn more about Brian. That seemed to intensify every day. Justin reached out and gently squeezed Debbie's hand. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

 

"Nah, I'm good." She gave him a strong, brave smile; one that she generally displayed when life had her down... but through it all her determination to survive giving her the strength to carry on. "I just need to know that you're okay, Sunshine. I hope your nightmares will soon be a thing of the past."

 

"I slept like a baby last night - the first time in longer than I can remember." He smiled at her warmly, sadness in his eyes at the son she had now lost. "I'll be just fine. I was just worried about you... that's why I asked you over. I didn't want any bad feelings between us."

 

Debbie smiled at Justin affectionately. "I will never think badly of you, Sunshine. You're like another son to me. I wouldn't ever want to lose you." A scowl fell across Debbie's face. "I will always love Michael, but I will never forgive him for what he did to you, then tried to do to you further."

 

"I love you too." Justin leaned forward to kiss her softly on the cheek, a sigh of relief escaping that nothing had changed between them. Now that he knew Debbie hadn't turned her back on him, he could readily accept how devastated he would have been if she had pulled away from him. "None of this is your fault either, Deb. You've been a loving and supportive mother. Michael wrote his own destiny. Now we have to pick up the pieces and move on."

 

She patted him gently on the cheek as she stood to her feet. "You're a wise little shit." Giving him a stern look, she arched a brow before assertively telling him, "I expect you at the diner tomorrow morning. No excuses!"

 

Justin laughed, his relief more than palpable. "Yes, ma'am. I'll be there." A laugh erupted from him as he watched her beginning to chomp on her gum, her stride to the door much more confident than when she'd entered. Inviting her over had been the right thing to do. That settled, Justin was more than ready to get on with the rest of his life.

 


 

Brian stepped into the backroom - correction - his backroom; more simply defined as his personal playground. He was ripe for play tonight. Never could he recall a night his need to be greater; and as long as he had lived, that was saying a lot. It all revolved around one little blond temptation; a body and set of lips that had vexed him from the moment they had first met. Justin Taylor might be mortal, but he had immense seductive powers. From their very first meeting, Brian had felt a web ensnaring him as effectively as the most precise of spells. He wanted that boy with an unparalleled desire. The only thing that stopped him from pursuing him further tonight was his promise that he would let Justin come to him. If not for the shock he had administered to him this morning, Brian would be hunting him now.

 

It had been a long afternoon. The evening looked to be even longer. That was, if he didn't relieve this wretchedly painfully aching cock that seemed to think of nothing else than blond boy ass. It was uncommon how he lusted after this one body. After his scene with Michael last night, he realized much more was going on than a case of simple lust. He cared about Justin. As much as he had always condemned his brother for caring about humans, he found himself caring for one even more intensely. It wasn't good for him and he knew it. Yet, he couldn't resist furthering his acquaintance with Justin. When he'd implored for Emmett to continue protecting Justin's mind against him, Brian began accepting facts he had never thought to face within himself. He had feelings for a mortal.

 

His back stiffened as he moved through the narrow hallway. He could feel Justin. What was more... he could feel the desire in Justin; a desire that was directed at him. There was only one reason he could feel him so intensely. Justin was near. As his mind sought out what he most desired, his nostrils flared as he could feel Justin's pleasure. Justin was in the backroom. His hot little blond wasn't at home recovering from the many effects of his life-altering shock... he was here - in his domain. Not only was he here, but he was with another man. Brian didn't pause to think of how his rage symbolized jealousy; one thought ran rampant through his mind - finding Justin and taking him NOW.

 

"Easy there, big brother..." Emmett's voice, hammered into his lustful thoughts. That was an immediate hard-on reliever. "You can control yourself."

 

"Fuck that!" Brian hissed underneath his breath; his eyes wild as he scanned everybody against the walls. Brian closed his mind to Emmett's interference as he sought out the one he desired. He turned the corner, and proceeded to walk on, to no great surprise finding the object of his lust pushing his trick against the wall, a condom fluidly being slid onto his dick - from his vantage point a very well-endowed dick. Brian wasn't about to let this happen. At this moment, he was sorry he had Emmett keep the spell on Justin's mind intact. His eyes narrowed as Justin's cock began to slide into the trick's ass. Something wasn't right. He could feel what Justin felt. "Well well..." Brian purred. "It seems as if baby brother forgot something."

 

"I didn't forget. I have learned a lot over the past day, Brian. You are not as detached as you like the world to believe. You care about Justin... in fact, I'd say you love him." Emmett stood out of sight at the other end of the hallway, hoping that his instincts served him well. Brian was in love with Justin. There wasn't a doubt in his mind. Brian needed to know that he could resist using his magic to secure Justin. Emmett knew he was taking a huge risk, but he had a feeling about the two of them. Justin was changing Brian, and it was a change for the better. They had to do this right. Brian could resist his primitive side. In doing so, Brian could win the greatest prize of all - Justin's heart.

 

Brian's lips twisted savagely as he watched Justin's sheathed cock sliding into the undeserving trick's body. He found he couldn't dispute Emmett's claim... but he refused to admit it as well. "You give me too much credit, dear brother. You should have cast the spell."

 

Emmett bit at his lip as he watched Brian advance towards Justin, his eyes widening as Brian's hands clasped on Justin's hips, his mouth immediately attacking Justin's neck. He closed his eyes, instantly feeling how Justin responded to Brian's nearness. These two were equally smitten with each other. It was amusing to watch each of these control freaks attempting to effect total control. One of them would lose the initial battle. Right now he didn't have a clue which one it would be. What happened next evoked a shocked gasp from his lips.

 

"Justin..." Brian growled erotically into Justin's ear. He smiled as Justin froze in his motion, at this point his cock not even halfway inside the trick that was begging for Justin's attention. "He isn't the man you want to fuck. Step away now and come with me."

 

A breathless gasp was Justin's answer. Was Brian saying he would willingly bottom for him? Brian Kinney? It wasn't possible... or was it? He pulled out of the man that began to pound his fists into the wall in frustration, ignoring him as he swiveled to look at Brian's all too cocky expression. "Are you saying..."

 

"Come home with me, Justin, and I'll allow you to do what few others have ever done." Brian's eyes were stormy and filled with lustful intensity as he looked into ones that similarly mirrored his own. "This is a one-time offer, Mr. Taylor. Take it or leave it."

 

Justin swallowed. He couldn't believe it. Never in a million years had he thought Brian would surrender to his demands. What did it mean? He didn't have a clue, but he wanted to find out. Fuck. He was being given the opportunity of a lifetime. Justin knew one thing for certain - he wasn't about to pass it up. "I'll take it, Mr. Kinney."

 

Brian's eyes slanted to the eyes of the disbelieving trick that had just been replaced. "Get lost," he snarled at him. He was still raging at the sight of Justin's cock sliding inside of him. He wouldn't get over that for a while. Brian waited for Justin to discard the condom and straighten his clothing. His hand closed possessively around Justin's hip as he led him out of the backroom. He smiled to himself. This would be a night neither of them would ever forget.

 

TBC