- Text Size +

 

Brian was poised in the center of the catwalk, his eyes and ears taking in everything around him. Babylon was filled to capacity, and he knew that was due largely to one reason. Justin was scheduled to perform tonight. In fact, he would be emerging within moments. Brian decided he would observe Justin's performance from a more discreet vantage point this time. Justin's effect on the crowd intrigued him. It didn't surprise him, yet it did fascinate him. Brian wasn't one to be fascinated easily. Resolving the mysteries that surrounded the compact and hot little blond was something he was determined to do. Feeling a familiar presence sliding up next to him against the rail, Brian breathed a sigh of relief when it wasn't Michael. He wasn't in the mood to deal with him quite yet... while he knew such an eventuality would be inevitable.

 

"Hey, Brian. I see you're still in town..." Ted noted, unable to keep the surprise from his voice.

 

"I might be staying on for a while." Brian glanced briefly at Ted, not intending to say more. Ted knew him well. It wouldn't take long for his accountant and club manager to figure out why.

 

Ted was more than a little surprised. He had noticed Brian's initial reaction to Justin. It hadn't come as any surprise. What did surprise him was how Brian had continued to fail with the young blond. As much as he was aware of Justin's reputation as a top on Liberty Avenue, and his own stubborn demeanor; he had never fathomed Justin resisting the relentless pursuit of Brian Kinney this long. It had only been a day or two... but when hunted by Brian - that was an interminable amount of time to resist. Knowing better than to comment on his boss' current failure with Justin, he commented nonchalantly, "Looks like another full house tonight."

 

"That it does. It's amazing how so many queers flock around one piece of blond boy ass." Brian's tone was derisive, inwardly knowing he wasn't nearly as blasé as he tried to project. He knew his words and tone sounded bitter, and he didn't care about that either. He really didn't care what anyone thought about him, or how he lived his life. All that mattered was that he was happy with it. If he decided to halt his jet-setting ways, that was his damned business and he wasn't about to explain that to anyone. As he watched Justin's sultry glide onto the stage, Brian knew he had to snap out of his malevolent mood soon. That attitude wouldn't gain him what he wanted most; and that was without a doubt, his cock sinking deep into Justin's tight little ass.

 

"I think he represents a challenge." Ted watched the men beginning to crowd around the stage, all eyes fully tuned on the blond dancer. "Not to mention he gives an incredible performance."

 

Brian couldn't refute that. Right now, even from a distance, Justin had his cock stirring. Brian knew that could be said for every man in attendance. "He is quite amazing." Brian couldn't take his eyes off Justin. His attention was so rapt on Justin's performance he didn't sense the other body angling up next to him. Brian's entire focus was on Justin and the erotic movements of his body. He had never wanted a man so badly. Brian was determined to gain more ground in achieving his goals tonight. Lust was blazing in his eyes as he ate up Justin's scantily clad body gyrating onto the pole, virtually humping it. There wasn't a doubt that Justin had every man's body temperature raised to a fever pitch... his own included. This boy was more than spectacular. He was electrifying... and he wanted him right now.

 

Michael smiled at Ted in greeting, before he looked down at the stage, his lips twisting tightly in unsuppressed anger. "Him again." Michael openly sneered. "I just don't get what everyone sees in him."

 

Ted and Brian both simultaneously turned to look at Michael, each of them shocked by Michael's ludicrous outburst. Shrugging his shoulders, Ted announced, "I need to get back to the office. It looks like I have plenty of numbers to tally tonight."

 

Brian nodded. "I'll call you in the morning. I think the club is due for some minor renovations. Nothing overly major... but a bit more with the times." Their eyes met and held briefly before Ted walked away, not even giving Michael more than a passing glance. It was obvious that Ted was equally as irritated with Michael's behavior as he was himself. If it continued, Michael would be handled very soon.

 

Michael beamed inside and out at that knowledge of Brian's remodeling plans. That would mean Brian intended to stay for a while. When he glanced to look at Brian to tell him how excited he was about that bit of news, his smile turned into a scowl as he once again saw the lust-filled look on Brian's face, once again looking directly at the unworthy Justin. Michael glared at the body that was writhing around the poles, his hips thrusting in time with the exotic beat of the music. He looked at all the men drooling over him, shaking his head in disgust. "I just don't get it," he grumbled. "What the fuck does he have?"

 

"You are kidding, right? Are you fucking blind?" Brian snapped. It made no sense to him how Michael couldn't see Justin's allure... even though he had this pointless infatuation for him. This really had to stop. If not, Brian was afraid he would kill him. That was one line he never crossed with his power; there never was any need to go that far... but Michael was definitely testing his limits. "Take a good look at him. He's fucking hot. It's no surprise that every man wants him."

 

"Yeah. Even you..." Michael muttered bitterly, his tone almost implying that Brian wanting Justin was some kind of personal betrayal.

 

Brian had no intention of denying that. It was true... and he didn't give a damn who knew it. In fact, the more who realized it, the better. Men usually stepped aside when Brian pursued his quarry. As much as he loved the hunt, he didn't want to waste valuable time casting aside obstacles. He wanted Justin too fucking much. "Even me." Brian's eyes were cold as he looked at Michael. "What I want I get. You should know that." Brian watched the remainder of Justin's performance, realizing now was the time to make himself more front and center. He flickered a dismissive glance over Michael. "This idea you have dreamed up in your head about me and you - it's never going to happen. Justin or not... it won't ever happen. You need to get that in your head and accept it now. Keep pushing and we will have problems."

 

Michael swallowed, knowing if there had ever been a thinly veiled threat, Brian had just issued one to him. It was all Justin's fault. Nothing would convince him otherwise. He couldn't give up... in fact, he wouldn't give up. He reached out to place his hand on Brian's arm, trying to soothe the beast that was obviously raging in him. "Listen, Bri. I know I come on a bit heavy sometimes. I'll back off and give you some space. But how do you know it could never happen between us? Am I repulsive to you?"

 

Laughing shortly, Brian forced himself not to use his powers to extricate Michael's hand from his arm, his revulsion growing as he felt the immense desire Michael had for him. "You are not repulsive... but you are not my type." He looked down at the hold Michael maintained on his arm, then back up to his face... his expression cold and unfeeling. To his immense satisfaction, Michael took the hint and pulled back his hand; not only that, but his body visibly seeming to recoil under the coldness in Brian's gaze. "Do yourself a favor and move on, Michael. There is nothing for you here."

 

Brian didn't give Michael a chance to speak again as he moved towards the steps that would lead him down to Justin. His steps briefly stilled when he felt Michael's deepest thoughts pounding into his mind. This was much more serious than he'd thought. Not only was Michael obsessed, but he was also dangerous as well. He closed his eyes as he pulled from Michael's distorted mind; for once, grateful he had broken a promise to himself and proceeded to probe into a friend's mind. What he heard in Michael's head filled his veins with ice-cold dread. Michael might be incompetent as a physical threat to Justin... but the intent was clearly there.

 

He moved deliberately towards Justin, conditioning his senses to tune out everything and everyone else around him. He would deal with Michael later. That would involve another heart-to-heart with his previously unresponsive brother. This time Brian would make certain to get the answers he desired. When Emmett realized Michael's life might be on the line... perhaps he would be more communicative. Whether Emmett helped him or not, he would have his answers... and he swore to himself to find them tonight.

 


 

Justin drank voraciously of the bottle of water that had been placed before him mere moments ago. He was always thirsty after a performance. The effect of the lights and his movements always provoked an almost draining result. He groaned when he saw Ethan approaching from the other end of the bar. He had really hoped his friend would decline his invitation. Justin didn't really want to hurt him... but that appeared to be the only way to get his message across. Smiling in greeting, Justin said, "Hey Ethan. You made it."

 

"I said I would." Ethan returned his smile, frowning at Justin's greeting. He should know that he always did what he said he would do. How could Justin not know that? "I wouldn't miss it for anything." He had a dreamy expression on his face, a look that wasn't missed by two men - one of which was approaching amidst hard, horny bodies that sought to detain his progress from his true goal. And the other, a man who didn't desire to be the object of an apparent obsession. "You were incredible."

 

"Thanks. It's not really so very difficult, though. I just lose myself to the music and the rest just happens." He motioned for another bottle of water, his brow rising to Ethan inquiringly. "Get you something to drink?"

 

"Maybe just a bottle of water. I'm not much of a drinker unless it's a fine wine." Ethan's very tone was condescending, his eyes flickering around in distaste at the establishment that he considered well beneath him... and Justin as well. "I was hoping we could go somewhere... maybe get something to eat."

 

Justin ordered Ethan's water, thanking and paying the bartender when he delivered them, shrugging indifferently to his persistent admirer. "I'm not really hungry. I usually hang out here after a performance."

 

"I see," Ethan murmured in disappointment. "I guess I can stick around here then."

 

"It's up to you. I know it's not your scene." Justin glanced into the far corner. "I was planning on going to the backroom. There's no better way to unwind." Justin knew the backroom would be repugnant to straight-laced Ethan. Seeing the object of his adoration in such an environment would turn him off. Perhaps it would even make his dick hard. How could it not to any gay man? But intellectually, Ethan would recoil. That would solve his immediate problems of Ethan Gold.

 

Ethan couldn't refrain from shuddering in distaste. "You go into the backroom with these strange men?"

 

Justin was about to answer when he felt a strong arm circling his waist from behind, the same arm pulling him back against a tall, well-toned body. As he felt that hot breath scorching across his neck, Justin groaned knowing exactly who had effectively captured him. Rolling his eyes, yet seeing this as a divine opportunity, Justin leaned into the body, his heart pounding as he felt Brian's hard cock prodding at the back of his pants. Once again he had to remind himself that he didn't bottom for anyone... no matter how tempting this man could be. His breathing was shaky when he answered, "Yes, it can be very fulfilling..."

 

Brian bit and licked Justin's neck, uncaring of the envious look the scruffy brunet cast on him. This man was insignificant. In fact, it was clear to see that Justin was discouraging his attentions. Brian growled into the heat of Justin's neck, his tongue scorching along the delicious skin. He had no problems playing along with that. "Amazing performance tonight, little dancer. The audience was captivated... and you had my dick hard from start to finish." Brian met the glare from Justin's unwanted admirer, never releasing his hold, his mouth moving more fervently on Justin's skin. "You made me want to fuck..."

 

A snort was Justin's answer. "Everything makes you want to fuck."

 

"I can't argue with that," Brian rasped, his tongue sliding up and down Justin's neck.

 

Justin couldn't help but see Ethan's obvious discomfort. Perhaps this hadn't been the best of ideas. "Uhhh Ethan, this is Brian Kinney. He owns Babylon." Justin pulled his head forward, forcing Brian to remove his mouth from his neck. To his irritation, he realized he did it more to control his responses, than to lessen Ethan's discomfort. He glanced at Brian in what was nothing more than mock reproach. "Brian, this is Ethan Gold. He attends my university."

 

Brian allowed Justin his slight separation, yet maintaining his firm grip around his waist. He decided that was good for two reasons. Primarily, Justin needed to become familiar with the feel of his cock against his ass; and secondly, this insipid intruder needed to get the message and leave, of his own accord. "A schoolmate of Justin's. How precious."

 

Rolling his eyes, Justin answered, "We both attend PIFA... but we don't attend the same classes."

 

"What a shame. I'm sure Ian is terribly disappointed," Brian responded drolly, his fingers sliding down to edge under Justin's shirt, blatantly displaying possession and his intent for a more personal touch.

 

Ethan scowled at the deliberate misinterpretation of his name. "I think I'm going to go, Justin. I have class in the morning... and it's getting late."

 

"Okay, Ethan. See you around." Justin watched as Ethan all but ran from Babylon... glad to see him go, but feeling his problem hadn't quite been resolved yet. He placed his hand on Brian's, forcefully removing it from him. "Shows over now. You can let me go."

 

Brian laughed as Justin turned to face him. "I was just getting warmed up... but I guess your little admirer didn't enjoy my efforts."

 

"You can be such a dick..."

 

"Is that any way to speak to your employer?" Brian demanded, immediately affecting a stern expression.

 

Justin arched a brow. "Oh right. Now, you decide to remember that status."

 

Brian's eyes drilled into Justin. "You know that doesn't mean shit to me. Ted manages this club more than efficiently. I don't get involved in it."

 

"So... did you really enjoy my performance?" Justin asked, seeing no need to comment on a statement they both knew to be true. No matter what happened between them, there wasn't a doubt that his job would ever be affected in any way.

 

"Scintillating as always..." Brian purred, his eyes fastened on Justin's lips.

 

Justin returned his look, swallowing deeply as he read the want in Brian's eyes, a glowing hunger in his eyes that somehow possessed him in one absorbing glance. "I uhhhh, think I'll skip the backroom tonight. I'm feeling a little tired."

 

Brian reached up to run his fingers over Justin's lips, his mind drowning out all the sounds around him, his attention focused only on Justin. "Are you sure you wouldn't like to go back there with me?"

 

"Sure, I'll go with you. Of course, it means you'll be sucking my dick." Justin jerked his head towards the backroom. "I'm ready whenever you are..."

 

A throaty laugh was Brian's answer. "Such a resilient and determined little twat. I will break you. In fact, I think I'm making tremendous progress."

 

"So you say..." Justin mumbled in disinterest.

 

"Okay, how about this. I'll drive you home." That fit in with his plans nicely. He needed to have a little chat with his baby brother. Brian couldn't rid himself of the feeling that this situation with Michael needed to be resolved before his pursuit of Justin intensified any further. Once that was done, he would take their games to an all-new level. He could hardly wait for that.

 

Nodding, Justin acquiesced. "I'll meet you outside. I just need to get my coat."

 

Brian smiled. "I'll be waiting." He watched as Justin walked away, flipping his phone open as he walked towards the entrance. Emmett answered immediately. "We need to talk. I am dropping Justin home. Meet me in my car."

 


 

Emmett slid into Brian's car mere moments after he had dropped Justin off at the door. So intent on his meeting with Emmett, he hadn't exchanged a prolonged goodbye with Justin either in the car or at the door. There would be plenty of time for that later. For now, the question of Justin's safety needed to be resolved. "Did Justin see you leave?"

 

"He headed straight for the shower, then I think he'll go right to bed."

 

Brian nodded. "Okay. We'll do this here then."

 

"Is something wrong with Justin?" Emmett's eyes were wide with fear. "I felt something earlier..."

 

"He's fine." Brian looked at his brother closely. "I guess you don't have much experience with protection spells. Let me make it simple for you. If someone mentally attacks the person you are protecting, you will feel a tremor in those walls surrounding them. I take it that you felt it tonight."

 

"I did. There was such an aura of malice surrounding Justin. I almost left for Babylon... but then I realized you were there with him." Emmett returned his brother's intense stare. "As much as I don't approve of your intentions for Justin... I know you would never allow anyone to hurt him."

 

Brian wasn't about to discuss his intentions for Justin with his brother. He didn't even fully understand them himself. Justin was different from any man he'd ever pursued. There was no way he could classify him under his general categories... he wouldn't even try. "Do you know where the threat came from?"

 

Emmett sighed, knowing his affirmative answer would infuriate his hot-tempered older brother. "It was Michael."

 

"You call yourself Justin's friend and protector... and yet you've allowed a man that has violent desires towards Justin to walk around unhindered." Brian's eyes began to glow, his face contorting in the most primal of expressions. "I hope you have a good explanation for that, dear brother. If not... the two of us are going to have a very big problem."

 

TBC