- Text Size +

 

Justin was all smiles when he approached the table that seated a trio of men. He was just past halfway through his shift at the diner, and already he'd accumulated nearly forty dollars in tips. He hadn't expected nearly so much in this little diner. However, there was one thing he had learned a long time ago; most especially when in the company of gay men - his smile, and the fact of being a genuine blond, always got him far. He knew he would be a fool not to use both of those attributes to the fullest.

 

"Well, hello there, Darling. You are definitely new to Liberty Avenue." Playful eyes merrily danced over the newcomer. "Trust me... I would have noticed..."

 

Chuckles sounded from the other two men. One of them smiled genuinely, while the other man, more or less, ignored his presence. The warmer one spoke up first. "Don't mind Emmett." His voice lowered, as he spoke, "He's notoriously a bit campy."

 

Justin's head shot back as laughter erupted. He lowered his own voice to match the other man. "Well... his secret is safe with me. By the way, I'm Justin. I started here today."

 

Emmett smiled, while giving Justin the once-over. "Let me tell you this, Baby. There's no need for secrets. My flame is burning bright." Standing to his feet, Emmett snapped his fingers in the air. "I'm sorry I can't stay longer, but I am due at the hairstylist. I can't keep Sven waiting."

 

"Heaven forbid! Anything but that..." came the droll response. "I'm Ted Schmidt, and the silent one here is Michael Novotny. His mom owns the diner. I'm sure you'll be seeing us often." Both he and Michael shook their heads as Emmett dramatically scampered off, as always, amused by his antics.

 

Michael grunted. "You say that like we live here." Only giving Justin a passing glance, Michael curtly ordered, "Can I get some coffee and today's special? The cook will know how I want it prepared."

 

Justin frowned, his gaze connecting briefly with the other man named Ted. He wasn't sure why exactly, but he didn't think he liked Michael Novotny. Rarely did he make such instant impressions, but something didn't feel right with him. He just didn't know what. The sad part was that he really liked Debbie; in his opinion, they were nothing alike. "Coming right up," Justin responded. He looked at Ted, asking him quickly, "What can I get for you?"

 

"The same for me too. Please..." he added on, quickly deciphering that Michael wasn't in the mood to extend any such courtesy. Ted frowned as he looked at the new Liberty Diner waiter; there was something very familiar about him. When he smiled at them and promised to return promptly with their coffee - then, Ted made the connection.

 

Michael watched the retreating body of the young, blond waiter, a mocking look as he glanced back at Ted. "Isn't he a bit young for you?"

 

"What?" Ted asked in confusion. Michael's insinuation finally dawning on him, Ted shook his head in denial. "I'm not interested in him... not that he isn't very attractive, but he is young... and not really my type. I was just trying to place where I had seen him. I know now."

 

Glancing around in boredom, Michael obligingly asked, "Okay. Where was it?"

 

"Remember that business luncheon at that fancy restaurant that I had to go to with Brian? Well... that young man was the waiter." Ted shuddered in remembrance. That had been the most awkward meeting he'd ever sat through with Brian - the waiter, Justin, had been the cause of it.

 

"Right. I remember. I'm surprised Brian agreed to it. You know how he is about hetero establishments." Michael smiled as he spoke of Brian, unaware of how his face transformed when he spoke of Brian Kinney.

 

"He didn't really have a choice, not if he wanted to secure the client. Anyway, Brian got very distracted by Justin. In fact, so much so that I was worried about us signing the client." Ted rolled his eyes at the scowl that fell over Michael's face. He really wished Michael would get over this pointless crush he had on Brian. Nothing would ever come of it. All it did was create tension when they all got together. "At the end of the meeting, Brian sent me out to wait while he chased the blond down."

 

Michael glanced over his shoulder to look at the blond in question. "He doesn't look so special to me, but that's Brian. I'm sure he scratched that itch, and it's done now."

 

"I wouldn't be too sure of that. Something was very different in his manner with Justin." Ted didn't speak the words, but he thought Brian might have been looking for more than his standard hook-up when he'd been so meticulously stalking the young waiter. So much so, that thoughts of Boundless had come immediately to mind. If that was the case, and Brian had finally found someone to fill that place in his life, Ted worried just how Michael would respond to that. He knew it would probably be unpleasant for all of them.

 

Oblivious to being the prime topic of conversation, Justin returned to the table with steaming mugs of coffee in hand, placing them in front of each of them with a bright smile on his face. "Your order will be up shortly. In the meantime - let me know if there's anything else I can do for you."

 

A throaty chuckle sounded from behind him, a gasp tumbling from Justin's lips as he immediately recognized the source. "B-Brian..." he stammered, almost barreling into him as he turned to greet him.

 

"Good afternoon, Justin." Brian ignored both Ted and Michael as his eyes fully encompassed the man that hadn't been far out of his thoughts the entire day. He reached out to clasp his hands around Justin's arms; Brian realized it could appear as if it was to prevent Justin from falling after his abrupt spin around, but Brian knew it was more a matter of just wanting to touch him. In doing so, realizing he was only reaffirming the connection they already shared, determined that each encounter would only bring them closer to the bond that was meant to be.

 

Looking deeply into startled, blue eyes, Brian purred, "Tell me, Justin, does that offer extend to me as well?"

 

"O-Offer?" Justin continued to stammer, at once lost in the heat, and purpose in Brian's eyes.

 

Michael pursed his lips, his eyes rolling as he watched Brian moving in closer to the waiter. It was all too clear that Ted's foretelling was more than true. Brian was interested in this kid, in fact, much more than normal. He had waited so long for his chance. Seeing that look in Brian's eyes filled him with fear that his chances could be slipping away. Michael knew he needed to act fast. The question was - how. "Brian, sit down and join us. We haven't talked in so long."

 

Brian slid an impatient look toward Michael, silently demanding his silence. His hands smoothed up and down Justin's mostly bare arms, his attention fully on this man that filled him with such diverse yearnings. "How is your first day going, Justin?"

 

"Uhhh, it's going great. I got some nice tips already." Justin smiled tremulously, knowing there was more he wanted to say, but finding himself once again off-balance with this man. "Would you like to sit down, and I can get you some lunch?"

 

"That's a nice offer; however, my offer hinges on one detail..." Brian answered, his eyes hungry on Justin's lips. Fuck. How his restraint was being tested. He hadn't kissed him yet, and hell, how he wanted to feel those lips beneath his own. Brian didn't doubt that they would be delicious, but more than that, they would be responsive and pleasure-giving. The more he thought about the pleasure he knew was his to take, the more difficult it became to manage his control. If he didn't have something soon to tide him over, he feared he would go mad. As his eyes roved around to see all the curious eyes on them, Brian forced himself to back off. This was not the place for a Dom to first kiss his submissive. And whether Justin had accepted that yet, Brian knew it was only a matter of time. Justin was his submissive.

 

"Detail?" Justin whispered.

 

Nodding, Brian released his grip on his beautiful boy, his eyes devouring the lips he ached to possess. "How much longer until your shift ends?"

 

Justin forced his gaze away to look at the clock hanging just above the counter. "About an hour. Why?"

 

Michael grunted. Why indeed? Didn't this kid know anything? He wasn't worthy of Brian's attention. Somehow he needed to make Brian see that.

 

Ted watched the byplay with interest and great trepidation. It was always intriguing watching Brian in action; however, it was rather daunting, not to mention depressing, to see Michael constantly agonizing over the process. Generally, Michael's dismay was fleeting. Brian never found a man he wanted to keep for longer than a night or two. Even in his life as a dominant, Brian always let them go. For some reason, he didn't think that was the case with Justin - at least not immediately. Something was very different here. If he could see it, Ted was relatively certain Michael could too. Despite the blinders Michael always wore regarding Brian, he had to see something as blatantly obvious as to how these two looked at each other.

 

"Well, I just finished my last meeting of the day. I was hoping we could talk some more." Brian gave an impatient look in Debbie's direction, quickly noticing her huffing at his side. "Do you mind, Debbie?"

 

Justin grimaced as he looked at her glowering expression. "Ahh, sorry, Debbie." He didn't know what to say. It was his first day, and he was distracted by Brian. After what had been a promising start, he wasn't sure there was so much of one now. "I'll just go check on those orders..."

 

Patting him fondly on the back, she boisterously told him, "Don't worry, Sunshine. You're doing great! God Kinney distracts them all."

 

Brian's eyes slid around the room. "Not all." He settled his gaze once more on Justin, before he made his retreat. "My tastes are far more discerning than that." Sliding into the space that Ted had quickly allotted for him, Brian watched Debbie impatiently, inwardly knowing the lecture was about to commence. He didn't have to wait for long.

 

"Listen here, Brian, I don't know this kid well, but I have the feeling he's been through a hell of a lot. Don't fuck him up more!"

 

Michael grunted. "I think he's fine, Ma. He's already latched onto Brian..."

 

"You stay out of it, Michael Novotny. We both know exactly why your dick's tied in a knot!" Uncaring how much she revealed, she told him, "It's not Justin's fault! And it's about time you got over this shit!"

 

Slouching down in his seat, Michael looked everywhere but at his mother. "Give it a rest, Ma. Nothing's going on here."

 

"You're damned right it isn't!" Debbie turned her attention to Brian. "Now, did you come here to eat... or merely to pick up tricks?"

 

Brian glowered at Debbie. He wasn't about to let her categorize his intentions toward Justin. It was his business, and Justin's. No one else's. "How about I be clear about this to everyone at the table?" All eyes were quickly on him. "I came here to see Justin specifically. So, get used to that. I plan to be doing that often." Rolling his eyes at Michael's angry expression, he turned his gaze to the surprised one on Debbie's face, all but ignoring Ted's chuckle from beside him. "Justin is not a trick; he is so much more."

 

"You just met this kid, Brian! How can you even know that!?" Michael bitterly protested.

 

Debbie looked at Brian with a new awareness in her eyes. It had finally happened. Brian had found the one. Thank God, she thought to herself. Maybe now, Michael would finally let go of an impossible dream and search for his own happiness. A reality that he actually had a hope in obtaining. She looked at her son, irritation and pity in her eyes. "For the last time, Michael. You need to let this go. More for your sake than anyone else - you need to move on."

 

Brian didn't say a word; he didn't see any reason. He should have made Michael come to terms with this a long time ago. As busy as his life at Kinnetik, and his varied pursuits at Boundless had kept him, he hadn't always had a clear grasp on how deeply Michael had begun to cling to him. It needed to end; most particularly, before he moved forward with Justin. That was a headache he didn't want his soon-to-be sub to endure. "Your mother is right, Michael." His eyes warmed as he watched Justin returning with two plates, his decision continuing to be reaffirmed. "I know what I want. It's just a question of claiming it completely."

 

Justin blushed as he placed the plates in front of both Ted and Michael, his hands shaking as he pulled them free. He was grateful when Debbie moved back to the counter, his eyes fully on Brian... and only Brian. "Uhhh, I'd like to talk to you after work. I need to stop by my old apartment and get my clothes, though." Justin shuddered as he thought of Ethan being there. "Hopefully, Ethan isn't home - that will make things much simpler."

 

"I'll take you there. The last thing I want to see is you walking into another unpleasant situation. You've had enough of those." Brian's voice was firm and unrelenting. There was no way he would let Justin walk in there alone and unprotected. He smiled knowingly at the blond, exhilarated at exactly what Justin's announcement had meant. "Does that mean you're going to stay at the apartment?"

 

Ted's eyes were wide in shock at the knowledge of how things had progressed so soon. Ignoring Michael's angry gasp, he remained silent as he felt intrusive on this private moment between the two men.

 

"I'm not sure what it all means, but if the offer still stands, then, yes, I want to stay at Boundless."

 

Brian's heart and cock quickened at what the words meant. This was a major step for them - for Justin especially. Resisting the compulsion to make Justin his now was overwhelming, and nearly irresistible. "Yes, Justin. The offer stands." Standing to his feet, Brian growled as Justin nervously moistened his lips. He vowed to himself, if nothing else happened tonight - he would finally claim those lips. Never had he wanted to kiss a man as he did Justin Taylor. Tonight he will be successful. "I'll be back to take you there. Then, it would please me to spend the rest of the evening with you. Is that what you want too?"

 

Justin nodded, yet flinched when he heard his name being called for at another table. "Yeah. I want that too. I got to know you some last night, but I want to know more."

 

"You will, Justin. I promise you that." Brian watched with hungry, possessive eyes as Justin returned to work, uncaring how open he was with his attention to the blond. The progress was all that mattered. Each moment they shared pushed them closer to their destiny. Brian intended that to continue tonight. In all of his life, he had never anticipated an evening or a man more.

 

TBC