- Text Size +

 

Brian scowled as he entered the offices of Kinnetik the following morning. He had rushed back from Chicago yesterday to head directly back to his office hoping to wrap up all that his trip had caused to be unattended promptly. It had not worked out that way. Looking at the pile that seemingly glared at him with its neglect, he admitted to himself his trip was not solely to blame. Ted and Cynthia both had been reminding him all week how backed up he was getting. Did he listen - no. He had been dealing with the ‘must handle' projects as he brushed everything else to the side.

 

The reason for the neglect was clear and simple.

 

That delicious blond-headed boy constantly pulled his focus. It drove him mad with the most supreme irritation how much his mind turned to Justin. He could be going about the most mundane of tasks before ‘presto', there was that little twat invading his thoughts - once again. This was not how Brian was used to things being. It could not continue to be the case. It will be resolved finally - tonight. Once and for all. Then he would have his mind and his life back under his iron-fisted control once more. That is the way it was supposed to be. And... that was how it would be, he fiercely determined himself.

 

Leafing through the stack of reports, letters, and layouts that required him to sign off on, he groaned in abject frustration. How could he have let things get so out of hand? Pushing the button that would call Cynthia, he waited for her arrival. He smirked knowing she would be testy being forced to spend a few hours on a Saturday here with him. He hoped only a few hours for both of them - looking at the stack in front of him, Brian had his doubts.

 

She knocked once sharply before entering his inner sanctum when he shouted out permission to enter. She had learned that lesson long ago when she was his assistant at Vanguard. Point one in the assistant to Brian Kinney handbook - never enter his office without an invitation. Doing so may result in seeing something not only unexpected but shocking as well.

 

"You summoned me, oh Lord and Master?" she prodded him sarcastically.

 

He quirked an eyebrow at her as he answered, "Is someone irritable this morning?"

 

"Hmph, maybe I am just following in my boss' footsteps. Why are we here on a Saturday, Brian?" she asked him in exasperation.

 

Brian ran fingers through his already ruffled hair before assembling his answer. "Look at my desk, Cynthia. How did it get like this? Isn't there anything that gets handled around here without my direct involvement?"

 

"Actually, a lot does get done without you. Ted and I both have been handling as much as we can - what you see are reports that need you to sign before we can complete the process. And the layouts you need to approve before giving the art team the go-ahead," she told him unflinchingly. "We have been telling you this all week, obviously, to no avail."

 

"I have had much going on. Okay, let's make this simple. I need you to sort this mess into separate piles - prioritize them. Can you do that, please?" he asked in his kind coaxing voice... the one he used when he wanted to achieve the results he desired in the speediest time possible.

 

Cynthia rolled her eyes at him. "You know the ‘sugar won't melt in my mouth routine' really doesn't work on me, Brian. I know you entirely too well. However... I think I can handle that. Why don't you slip on next door and get yourself a cup of latte - one that you so obviously need. I will have this ready when you return. Oh... there was one call you might want to return. The Dean at PIFA that you phoned a few days ago called back yesterday stating it was important you call him back. He left his home number."

 

"I will get that when I can see my desk again. In the meantime, I will go get that latte," he told her with a quick stride to the door. Turning back, he clicked his tongue before saying, "By the way, thanks for coming in, Cynthia."

 

"Not a problem, Brian. Whatever else would I do on a Saturday morning?" she mumbled as she began sorting out his desk.

 

Brian laughed before he brazenly announced with a mock leer, "You know - if I were straight, I just might fuck you."

 

She laughed uproariously before she scoffed, "As if I would let you."

 

"Let me? You would have loved it," he retorted with a bold wink before letting himself out, laughing at the indelicate snort he received in response.

 

Brian knew he pushed both Ted and Cynthia to their limits - often, but he knew one thing for certain. They were loyal and he could trust them. Bottom line - that was all that mattered.

 


 

Mid-Afternoon

 

Justin arranged coffee and cakes on the table as Emmett answered the door. This morning Emmett had told him that Lindsay, whom he had discovered was not only one of the lesbians from the diner, but the mother of Brian's child as well, wanted to officially meet him. Why... he had no idea. He wasn't sure getting to know the mother of Brian's child was the smartest of moves. What if he became just another statistic that joined the ranks of Brian's rejects? How awkward would that be for all of them?

 

No. Justin couldn't - wouldn't entertain such a possibility. Brian was different with him. He didn't know why he knew this - he just did. It could be just wishful thinking that screamed at him that Brian could settle down from the wild beast that he had long been reputed as being - but he hoped in time that Brian could be that person. Justin was not naive. Someone of Brian's innate predatory instincts would not change overnight, in fact, it was highly unlikely he could ever totally change. Yet, Justin felt something was changing within Brian. He was not just the cold, calculating animal that even his closest friends perceived him as being - there was much more to Brian Kinney. Justin hoped to be the one to not only unlock it from within him, but fully experience the miracle of it as well.

 

Justin stood as Lindsay approached the small table that was set just off the kitchen. She smiled at him full of warmth along with a touch of curiosity as she sat down. Emmett had an uncomfortable look on his face. The look one has when he is about to hear bad news and knows it. Of course, Emmett would be less than thrilled with this visit. In his eyes, getting to know this woman would only serve to introduce Justin into Brian's life more fully. Not something his friend would support in any shape or form.

 

Lindsay took a seat at the table watching as Emmett poured each of them coffee and passed out the square-shaped cakes, before she turned to Justin extending her hand. Shaking it firmly, she said, "I'm Lindsay Peterson. We didn't get a chance to meet at the diner yesterday, but I threw myself on Emmett's mercy begging for an introduction to the young artist that has been creating such a stir."

 

Justin flushed as he answered, "You flatter me, Miss Peterson. But recalling the stir in the diner - I apologize, as it wasn't a very pleasant one."

 

"First of all, none of this Miss Peterson. Call me Lindsay...or even Linds, as my friends do. That wasn't your fault at all. Michael has been attached to Brian since they were young. He always had a crush on Brian that never came to fruition. Don't get me wrong - Michael loves Ben very much, but there is a part of him that has never let go of that impossible dream of Brian. I don't know that he ever will - it has been a part of him for too long," she told him earnestly.

 

"There has never been anything between the two of them?"

 

Lindsay laughed. "Oh, heavens no. Only in Michael's dreams. I am sure they had a casual self-exploration as young boys discovering themselves do - but as to anything more - definitely not. Granted, Brian loves Michael as his best friend. That's all it is - then, now, or ever. One thing I know for certain, Brian will never go down that road with Michael."

 

Emmett cleared his throat in agitation before he spoke, "Linds... I have to say I have been discouraging any type of relationship between Brian and Justin for obvious reasons. I am not very comfortable with this talk. Maybe I should leave."

 

"Nonsense, Em. You have given me all the warnings of why I should stay away from Brian. It's up to me to decide whether I listen or not," Justin answered.

 

Snorting indelicately, he answered, "It is quite apparent by now you have chosen to disregard my warnings."

 

Frowning in disapproval, Lindsay said, "Emmett, your concerns are of course valid and understandable. You are Justin's best friend and you care for him deeply. However, please give Brian a chance. From everything I have seen and heard, this pursuit is not the standard Kinney approach. Something is different this time... let them see where it leads without any interference from anyone."

 

"I am really trying... but you know me," he smiled at her with a toothy Emmett grin.

 

She laughed and nodded. "All part of the Honeycutt charm."

 

"You have known Brian for a long time then?" Justin asked more than slightly curious about how he could be the father of her child.

 

"Oh yes - forever it seems. He is like a brother to me. I love him dearly. Just promise me you will tread cautiously, but at the same time, don't close yourself off to him. He is so much more than he appears on the surface," she told him, squeezing his hand warmly.

 

"I am trying to get to know him better... and trying to be careful at the same time," he answered as he looked at a frowning Emmett.

 

"Emmett tells me you are quite the artist. I work for a local art gallery. I was wondering if I could see some of your work," she prompted him with eyes brimming with excitement.

 

Justin nodded as he told her, "Sure. But I am still a student. You might be very disappointed."

 

Emmett gasped as he said in a rush, "He is just being modest... his work is fabulous."

 

As he retrieved his portfolio and placed it before Lindsay, he said to her, "I think Em is just a bit biased."

 

Lindsay started to leaf through the various drawings, her eyes lighting up in wonder as she exclaimed, "These are incredible, Justin. The depth you are capturing in such simple drawings is amazing. I have not seen such talent in, well... a very long time."

 

"Thank you," he blushed more than a little embarrassed over her accolades.

 

She glanced at her watch as she closed the portfolio, jumping up in a rush. "I have to go boys. Time to pick up Gus from daycare. It was so great to finally meet you, Justin. I hope to see you again really soon. Here is my card at the gallery. Please stop in and see me sometimes," she said, withdrawing a card from her shoulder bag.

 

He took it smiling at her brightly. "I will do that. It was great meeting you, too."

 

She hugged him tightly and whispered in his ear for him alone, "Good luck in taming our savage beast... I know you can do it."

 

Justin laughed, finding that he really liked her. He could see how Brian could have had a child with this woman - however, he wasn't sure of the actual mechanics of it with Brian being obviously gay. He shrugged it off thinking maybe someday he would learn the entire story.

 

He watched her leave and turned to face his entirely too quiet friend. "I liked her a lot."

 

"She is a class act. Her only fault is that she only sees the good in people - hence her approval of Brian," he mumbled more than loud enough to be heard clearly.

 

Justin sighed most definitely not wanting to get into this discussion... not tonight with his ‘date' with Brian looming so closely.

 

Then he looked at the clock. It was already four PM. He almost bolted out of the chair with the realization he had no clue what he was going to wear. Unthinkingly, he murmured his concerns aloud, "Oh my God! He will be here in less than three hours and I have no clue what to wear."

 

"Sweetie, what are you talking about?" Emmett asked, his brow furrowed in confusion.

 

"Oh... thinking out loud again. I have a date tonight," he said hesitantly, while not offering any further information.

 

Emmett clapped his hands and began spinning him around the room excitedly. Then he released Justin slowly before exclaiming in a near shout, "My baby has his first gay date. Oh, this is so exciting. No worries, sweetie - your fashion diva is here to properly attire you."

 

"Umm, thanks, Em. But you might not want to help me if you know more about this date," Justin told him hesitantly.

 

Eyes widening... his hands fluttering wildly he gasped, "Don't even tell me it is with Brian. He just doesn't do dates, baby."

 

"Well, he does now. He asked me last night when he phoned from Chicago," Justin told him looking him dead in the eye - not backing down.

 

Emmett blinked as if momentarily blindsided before clasping his hand to his head in typical dramatic Emmett fashion. "Oh my, I think I need to lie down. The planets are all out of line now and I just don't know what to do."

 

"You do look a bit pale, Em. Maybe you should take a nap," Justin laughed while feeling even more encouraged about Brian from Emmett's reaction, which he was quite certain would not have been Emmett's intention.

 

Justin walked Emmett to his room watching as he settled into his bed mumbling all the while, "I think I need medication. Brian. Justin. Date. No, this is not happening. I know. I got it. It makes perfect sense now. He told you to meet him at his loft... right? That's not a date. Just a fuck party for him. You can't go there. Call him. Tell him you can't make it."

 

Eyes narrowing in concern at his rambling friend, Justin shook his head in denial. "I am going, Em. And brace yourself... it's not at his loft. He is taking me to dinner. He told me to dress sharp."

 

Emmett moaned at Justin's statement, now clasping both hands to his head. "It's just as I thought. Too many men... way too many cosmos. I am lost in delirium now. I need to be alone. I need to sleep this off."

 

"Okay, Em. I will check on you before I go. Brian is picking me up at seven PM. I need to shower, and figure out what to wear." Justin chuckled, thankful for this interlude to relieve his nervous energy at least temporarily regarding his upcoming date.

 

As he reached the door, he could still hear Emmett mumbling aloud, "Justin - Brian - date - restaurant. What's next?"

 


 

Later at Kinnetik

 

Brian smiled, feeling a sense of accomplishment. He was still displeased he had spent his entire Saturday in his office, but he now had a clear desk. All that remained was to get in touch with the Dean of students at PIFA. He had tried to return his call earlier but had received no answer. He would try once more before making his way home to prepare for his ‘date' with Justin. He still was astounded that he had asked the boy for a date. But he had no regrets. Brian Kinney didn't do regrets. He seized each and every moment - and did exactly what he wanted - when he wanted to do it. Tonight he wanted to learn more about this delectable boy that had been the source of his distraction. That in itself was uncommon. He never got to know one of his tricks. That he was doing so now, was unsettling, but not something he wished to dwell on. Truth be known, he had long ago stopped thinking of Justin Taylor as one of his would-be tricks. What he was exactly, was yet to be determined.

 

He was certain once he finished his discovery of what made this boy so different, he would simply fuck the boy senseless. He felt himself hardening just imagining what sinking into his tight little ass was going to feel like. The wait would be over very soon now. This would be the most delicious victory he had ever won, and he was going to savor each and every moment of it.

 

He had already broken rules for Justin. He had the feeling another would be broken as well. Brian could not fathom one night being nearly enough with this boy. He couldn't help but wonder if having him would only make his hunger grow stronger. But that wasn't possible. It was not listed in the Brian Kinney handbook. Once a trick was had - they were history. Justin would be no different. As long as he continued to believe that - nothing would change in his well-ordered life.

 

Picking up the phone, he tried the home number for the Dean one last time. Finally, the man answered on the third ring.

 

"Brian Kinney here. My assistant told me you had called," Brian said smugly... anticipating this was the call to tell him Justin's internship was being processed.

 

"Yes, Mr. Kinney. I am sorry to say I have some unpleasant news to report," the Dean answered seriously.

 

Brian frowned before asking, "And that is?"

 

"I can't approve Mr. Taylor for the internship program. I've been informed following this semester, which is less than two weeks away, he will no longer be enrolled in the university."

 

"Why not? This only completes his first year," Brian all but yelled back not liking how this was going at all.

 

"I spoke with Justin's father which is customary in these cases. He informed me that his tuition is not being renewed. He further told me Justin would be unable to carry on his education on his own which simply means I am unable to place him with you at this time... unless something changes," he went on in a rush knowing Brian was not going to be pleased with this development. Then, he thought he'd offer another option. "However, I am sure there is another student that would make a fine candidate at Kinnetik."

 

Brian laughed shortly. He wasn't interested in another intern. He wanted Justin. Brian growled with confidence, "I am not interested in a backup intern. I wanted Justin Taylor, and it's obvious you cannot provide that to me. I will find another way."

 

"Of course, Sir. I am sorry I could not assist you," the Dean babbled on before Brian ended the call with a resounding click.

 

Brian swore in utter annoyance as one does that is not accustomed to having his plans either unsettled or unraveled. He found it didn't matter. If he wanted Justin in his office he would have him there.

 

Looking at his watch, he saw it was almost six PM. He couldn't think about that now. Now all his thoughts were set on his evening with his delicious blond morsel. It was almost time. The race and wait for the prize he had been chasing from the moment he had laid eyes upon him would finally be stretched out on his bed. How he would last through the dinner he had planned for them was his most immediate problem. All he could think about was feeling his throbbing cock moving inside of what he knew was going to be the sweetest place he had ever known. The tightest and most perfect ass he had ever seen.

 

Brian still didn't stop to consider all the rules he was breaking for this boy. All he could focus on presently was how badly he needed to have him. Now, he was glad he had spent his Saturday at the office. He had nothing to distract him from his true goal. The claiming of the luscious boy that had entranced him from day one. He would fuck that boy over and over again until he exorcised him out of his innermost thoughts.

 

He believed it would be that simple. Just a fuck. Then on to the next one. He was Brian Kinney and that was just how things were supposed to be.

 

Yes, just a fuck... the only thought plaguing him in that analogy was simple - why did he see that boy's almost blinding smile every night before he went to sleep? More importantly - was fucking Justin into sweet oblivion going to be the resolution or would it be the opening to a door that Brian had never anticipated?

 

TBC