- Text Size +

 

Emmett sat at a small table that only comfortably seated two as he anxiously awaited Justin's arrival. The brief conversation they had, worried him tremendously.

 

Justin had sounded so lost - almost devastated. More often than not, Justin was one to be the definition of positive with a smile that could light up a room. Whatever the problem, Emmett was determined to help Justin through it. In the short months that they had known each other, Justin had undoubtedly become like a younger brother to him.

 

Emmett had yet to introduce Justin to his other friends, even though he had told him about all of them. He had told Teddy and Michael about Justin, but Brian was another story. The only reason he had not introduced Justin around yet was because of Brian Kinney. Emmett knew that Justin could take care of himself. He was beginning to realize his young friend was far stronger and braver than he first thought, but introducing his inexperienced, and often vulnerable friend to Brian this soon into ‘coming out', was like leading a lamb to the slaughter. Emmett didn't doubt if Brian discovered Justin, he would want him immediately. Justin was sweet, intelligent, and possessed a smile that made his face shine. The bottom line though, to Brian would be that young Justin had an ass that was an open invitation to any gay male. Brian was not one to deny himself what he wanted. Justin's inexperience would not sway him, he would only use it as a means to have him more quickly.

 

He knew it was unrealistic to think he could keep their paths from crossing indefinitely. He only hoped he could do so until Justin had gained a bit of experience. And if he didn't - Emmett fully intended to be there to watch over Justin. He wasn't certain how he would go about accomplishing that... Brian Kinney on the prowl was a force to be reckoned with, but he could not live with himself if he did not at least try to stop what would equate to a train wreck for Justin.

 

Emmett watched closely as Justin approached the cafe, noticing how he had lifted his lowered head, reading the sign... apparently making certain he was at the right place. He did not miss Justin wiping away wet streaks pooling underneath his eyes as he slowly entered the small building.

 

Justin looked around as he briefly took in his surroundings with an unconvincing smile forming on his lips once he spotted a waving Emmett. They greeted each other with a customary kiss on the lips, along with a brief hug before Emmett motioned for him to sit down. 

 

Emmett signaled to the waiter that was hovering not far away to prepare the latte he had pre-ordered for Justin. "I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of ordering you a chocolate latte. It is simply to die for, baby."

 

Justin smiled at Emmett, never more thankful than he was right now to have him in his life. "That's fine, Em." 

 

Silence prevailed for long moments before Emmett attempted to lighten the mood. "So, honey... How was your day?"

 

Justin quirked an eyebrow as he laughed, momentarily relaxing in the soothing company of his best friend. His best male friend, anyways. He would always consider Daphne his best friend. Since they were children, he could tell her virtually anything. Justin thought she had known him to be gay even before he did. However, with Emmett, it was just different. He could tell him anything as well. The difference being he knew that Emmett understood. Daphne was accepting of who he was... but Emmett knew what it was like to be a gay man ‘coming out'. He would never judge him, or his choices. Justin knew intuitively that both Emmett and Daphne would always be there to support him, but he also felt he could always lean on Emmett no matter what happened. Now was going to be one of those times. He hoped talking it out would help... or at least put things into perspective, and enable him to do whatever he needed to do to move on.

 

"On a range of 1 to 10, today has to equate to a 2.5, and that's giving it at least a 2-point bonus." Justin sighed.

 

"What happened with your parents, Justin?" Emmett asked, watching him intently.

 

"I just lived my worst nightmare," Justin answered, as he smiled his thanks to the waiter placing the steaming latte before him.

 

Emmett frowned as he prodded, "Which means... what exactly?"

 

"Let me take you back to my senior year at St. James. There was this jock, Chris Hobbs - we had a moment in the equipment room. I jerked him off, and he loved it... but repeatedly harassed me calling me every known name you could possibly imagine. He would push me up against the locker, even vandalize it... although I could never prove it. He was the lowest kind of homophobic prick. He attacked me viciously when he was with his friends, but I knew he wanted me." Justin bitterly remembered that time.

 

"Fucking asshole. So, this went on your entire senior year, and nobody did a damn thing. Typical. Okay, so what does this have to do with your parents - today?" Emmett asked.

 

"He was talking shit to his father. He saw me and you together... and put it together that we were a couple, even though that's not the case. He went to his father about it. His father and mine are old golfing buddies, and my dad thinks the Hobbs family is the picture of morality. Shows what he knows," Justin scoffed as he sipped the latte.

 

"Then, you straightened him out that we are just friends?"

 

"Not really. It's none of his fucking business. That's when I completed my ‘coming out'. Told him I loved dick, and couldn't wait to start taking it up the ass." Justin laughed when Emmett's eyes widened and a shit grin formed on his face.

 

Emmett slapped his hands to his cheeks and virtually giggled out a response. "No way, baby. You didn't! I wish I could have seen that."

 

"Glad you weren't there, Em. Don't think you would have liked how things ended up."

 

"He didn't hit you, did he?" Emmett growled out a response.

 

Justin snorted before answering, "No, but I thought he was going to for a minute.... that would have been less painful than the things he said, along with the decisions he made."

 

"Decisions?" Emmett asked warily.

 

Justin took another long swallow before he answered, "You're right, Em. This is the best latte I have ever tasted."

 

Rolling his eyes, Emmett said, "I already told you that, and quit trying to avoid the subject. What did your dad do?"

 

"Oh, nothing much. Told me my tuition was paid for the final semester, but after that, I was on my own. He will not invest another dime into my education," Justin told him with a long sigh.

 

Emmett narrowed his eyes at him. "Why do I have the feeling you're not telling me something? Although, there's not much that could be worse than that."

 

"Oh, there is," Justin said, fighting back the tears behind his eyes from falling anew just thinking of his father's cruelty, and his own feeling of hopelessness.

 

Reaching across the small table, Emmett clasped Justin's hand in his before he whispered, "Out with it, Justin. What else did the asshole do?"

 

"He threw me out of the house... said I could go to my worthless fags. He has totally disowned me - says I don't exist to him anymore," Justin almost whimpered, as tears began to stain his beautiful face.

 

Emmett squeezed his hand tightly, hating Justin's father with every fiber in his being. "Now you listen to me, Justin Taylor. True, this is bad. Your father is a homophobic fucker that doesn't deserve to have you for his son. Everything is going to be fine. You can stay with me; don't bother arguing - I will NOT have it!"

 

"I can't stay with you, Em. Don't you already have a roommate? And I don't even have a job. Mom gave me some cash to tide me over... but it won't last that long."

 

"I guess I wasn't clear. I said no arguing... you ARE staying with me. Michael moved in with Ben just last week; they are fabulously happy together. My catering business has been doing very well. You can concentrate on your studies for a while before looking for work. Use the money your mom gave you for your everyday expenses. I will be just fine. And you know I would love having you around, baby." Emmett said, imploring him with warmth and concern in his eyes.

 

Justin smiled at Emmett not wanting to think about what his life had been like before they had met. "All right, I will agree to it... temporarily. But I will find a job somewhere."

 

Emmett smiled broadly, relieved that for now the immediate problem was resolved. Giving Justin a place to stay was easy, finding him a job that he could continue his schooling next year would be more challenging. One step at a time. His thoughts racing through his mind, Emmett groaned as he looked towards the bar seeing the agile beauty that had just seated himself.

 

"Fuck, not now," Emmett hissed out in between his teeth.

 

Looking at his friend in concern, Justin asked, "What's wrong, Em?"

 

"Brian fucking Kinney. He never comes in here this time of day. Fuck. Maybe he will just get his latte and go." Emmett grumbled knowing this was the last thing that Justin needed right now.

 

Justin's eyes sparkled with interest. "The Brian Kinney - the one you have warned me about... repeatedly? Ohhh, I must see him."

 

"Justin, don't think about it! Do not turn around, we don't want him over here. Trust me, he is the last thing you need in your life now, and most definitely, he's not who you want as your first homosexual experience." Emmett almost pleaded with him. "Brian is my friend, well sort of... but he will break your heart."

 

"Relax, Em. I am not looking to get involved right now. My head is all kinds of messed up. I clearly remember what you told me about him - the 'Stud of Liberty Avenue'... 'Mr. One Fuck and Goodbye'. I'm just curious what he looks like... I am sure he has to be amazing," Justin answered, continuing to be curious despite Emmett's warnings.

 

"I won't lie, Justin. The man is fucking beautiful. He can have any man he wants, and trust me, he does. Just promise me to be careful if he approaches you. I don't want to see you get hurt," Emmett told him with feeling... not doubting Brian would doggedly pursue Justin.

 

"I am stronger than you give me credit for, Emmett," Justin answered in disbelief. How could one man be all that Emmett was proclaiming Brian Kinney to be?

 

Emmett smiled at Justin squeezing his hand once again. "I know you're both strong and brave, baby."

 

Looking towards the small bar watching Brian closely, Emmett moaned when his head turned, catching Brian's gaze. Brian gave his standard bored smirk before flicking his eyes at Justin. He could only see the rear view of Justin, but Emmett knew Brian was already intrigued. Brian arched a brow as he tilted his head to the side as he assessed every visual inch of Justin. Throwing some bills onto the counter, Brian stood and began to saunter over to them.

 

"Fuck, he's coming over. Just ignore him, and hopefully he will leave," Emmett told him in between clenched teeth.

 

Justin nodded apprehensively, yet excited about finally meeting the infamous Brian Kinney.

 

Brian pulled out a chair from a nearby table, sandwiching it in between Justin and Emmett... his body almost touching Justin.

 

"Well... hello there," Brian purred in a voice that just dripped of raw sex... of hot, steamy sex that sought to seek and devour.

 

Emmett growled at his friend in sarcasm. "By all means, Brian... Please join us."

 

Justin's eyes widened on the brunet man, never having seen anything so beautiful in his life. Maybe he should have taken Emmett's warnings more seriously.

 

Brian moved his eyes over Justin slowly, his tongue seductively wetting his lips. Without removing his eyes from Justin, he demanded in a low sexy growl, "Introduce me to this sweet thing, Emmett."

 

TBC