- Text Size +

 

Brian dropped Justin off at school the following morning with a great deal of reluctance. He knew Justin would be safe, but he hated allowing Ethan any access. These were the sort of risks he did not enjoy taking, no matter how minimal they may be. Such risks as he was taking right now placed limitations on him being in control. Brian Kinney didn't do loss of control very well - not at all.

 

When they had stopped at Justin's drop-off point, the beautiful blond turned to him with that beaming Sunshine smile, the one that always went straight to Brian's cock. Justin touched his arm as he whispered, "Don't worry, Brian. I will be just fine."

 

"I'm not worried," Brian shrugged, pretending an indifference that both of them knew to be false.

 

Justin smirked at Brian knowingly before responding, "Uh-huh. Brian Kinney gives a shit."

 

Softly glaring, Brian replied, tongue in cheek, "Get to class, little twat. I will pick you up this afternoon. Daddy needs to go to work."

 

"Don't see why I couldn't drive my own car," Justin grumbled, his protests falling on deaf ears, as they had the previous night when they had discussed it.

 

Brian quirked an eyebrow before answering, "Because, this is how I want to do things. Now, slide your sweet little ass over here and kiss me. Daddy needs to get to the office."

 

"Daddy? How very kinky," Justin teased as he moved to do exactly as Brian demanded, wanting nothing more than the feel of his lips on his before going into class.

 

As always when their lips met, Justin felt himself totally oblivious to the outside world, the only reality that existed for him in those moments was quite simply Brian, and the sensations Justin intuitively knew only he could elicit within him. As tongues engaged in an erotic battle, one that neither could win at this point in time, Justin sighed at the perfection of the moment - as he did in every moment that he was in Brian's arms.

 

Only one thing could surpass the bliss he felt when being held tightly in Brian's arms. And that would be in the knowledge that he held Brian's heart. There were times when Brian's guard was down that Justin thought it was possible, but then, once again his mask would return. Justin held onto his hopes and dreams for the future. Brian had secured his heart long ago, now the only missing piece remaining was in knowing that Justin held his as well. Justin had no intention of giving up. The eventual rewards of being the one Brian Kinney loved, far outweighed the sacrifice of any heartache along the way.

 

Brian watched as Justin made his way inside the entrance, making certain he was not nearby, watching for his intended victim. He knew he couldn't stop Ethan from approaching Justin at school, but their interaction should be kept to a minimum. Brian was about to set a plan in motion to do just that.

 

Driving onward, Brian made a turn, but not back toward Liberty Avenue, nor even Kinnetik. He curved a small portion around the campus until he reached the administration building. Stepping out of his jeep, his eyes carefully took in his surroundings as he locked his vehicle, finding himself ever cautious and on the alert - all since the entrance of Ethan Gold into their lives.

 

Announcing his name, along with the information of his appointment with the Dean, he waited for the door to unlock, permitting him to enter. Once inside he followed the signs in the hallway, directing him to the Dean. Once he arrived at the receptionist's desk, he gave his most charming smile that never failed to give him exactly what he wanted - immediate attention and total recognition.

 

"Good morning, umm, Miss Spiro. My name is Brian Kinney and I believe the Dean is expecting me," he said in his warmest of tones.

 

She blushed, while needlessly fluttering her lashes at him. Answering softly, "Yes, he is, Mr. Kinney. Follow me, I will show you in."

 

With a wink he continued to charm her, with the thoughts it never hurt to have inroads with any sort of campus personnel, instinctively knowing it could become very useful. Looking at her nametag pointedly, Brian purred, "Stacey... please call me, Brian."

 

Brian chuckled when she almost lost her balance following his flirtatious tone. He knew he should feel guilty for using his God-given gift of seduction to coerce males or females into giving him whatever he wanted, but that was what being Brian Kinney was all about. He didn't see changing that now.

 

She knocked twice on the door, opening it when the Dean mumbled out for her to enter. She smiled and said, "Sir, this is Mr. Kinney, he has an appointment." Nodding to them both, and a long look toward Brian, she left, closing the door behind her.

 

Standing up, the balding older man approached Brian with a friendly smile and an outstretched hand. Shaking it firmly, the Dean gestured to the chair across from his desk. "Please, have a seat, Mr. Kinney, and tell me what brings you here today."

 

"Thank you, and please call me Brian. I am here regarding Justin Taylor. I still wish to have him interning at Kinnetik. And I am hoping you can make this happen," Brian said with a smile, expecting the frown that immediately passed across the Dean's face.

 

"Mr. Kinney... erm, Brian - as I told you before, my hands are tied in this matter regarding Mr. Taylor. He will not be renewing after his final semester, which is only a week away. I can't sign off on an intern that will no longer be attending this institution," the Dean explained once again. As an afterthought offering, "I would be more than happy to supply another intern for your consideration."

 

Withdrawing his checkbook, Brian tore off a check he had written earlier, a very sizable one, and one that he intended to get him exactly what he wanted, in addition to it being what would be best for Justin's future. Handing it across the desk, Brian further remarked, "I believe this is more than adequate in covering Mr. Taylor's tuition."

 

"And then some..." the Dean practically stammered as he read the large figure on the check.

 

"So, that solves our problem then? You will approve Justin Taylor's internship with Kinnetik?" Brian continued on with determination, wanting this accomplished for more than one reason.

 

"Sir, with all due respect, this is highly irregular. And what is your intent for the excess funding?" the Dean asked him warily.

 

"Consider it my contribution to this stellar University. Now, do we have a deal?" Brian asked, piercing him with his eyes.

 

The Dean nodded, "I will speak to Mr. Taylor today. What you are doing for him is very commendable. It goes without saying that he is incredibly talented, which is obvious you have discovered as well. I will sign off on the internship, provided it's what Mr. Taylor wishes as well."

 

Brian smiled as he savored the sweet taste of victory. He stood, shaking hands with the older man once more, before speaking, "I'm certain that Justin will embrace what is best for his future. I thank you for giving him the opportunity to do so."

 

"I assume you don't want to wait until the new school year begins... after his break?" the Dean asked knowingly.

 

"You are correct. I want him to start immediately. Is that a problem?" Brian asked him with an unflinching gaze.

 

"Not a problem, just a bit unorthodox. I will be in touch regarding Mr. Taylor's answer. It will all be moot if he declines," he returned.

 

Walking toward the door, Brian added, "I don't see that happening. Oh, and one other thing. It has come to my attention that Justin has been having some problems with another student. I assure you, it has been off-campus. I would greatly appreciate it if his security was never found to be lacking."

 

"I had no idea, Mr. Kinney. Do you know the student's name?" he asked Brian.

 

"Yes, his name is Ethan Gold. And it appears he has formed a fascination with Justin... a much-unwanted one. I only ask if you witness any problems between them, that you contact me immediately," Brian forced himself not to growl.

 

"Of course. I know the student to whom you refer. He is a bit odd, but I never thought of him as dangerous. However, I will take your warnings seriously, and do all I can to monitor the situation," he told him with a slight frown.

 

"That's all I ask. Thank you for your time. I expect to hear from you soon," Brian said in dismissal.

 

"Yes, Mr. Kinney. As soon as I speak with Mr. Taylor, I will be in touch."

 

Brian smiled, leaving the campus... feeling he had accomplished a great deal. He wasn't really worried about Justin's safety here, but a little insurance was a very good thing. He knew one thing for certain - he would never allow Ethan Gold to hurt Justin. Small hallway chats would be the bulk of the access Ethan would gain... and that would be very short-lived. One more week and Justin completed this year of school. Then he would be on break from school - but not with idle time to fall into his stalker's grasp. Justin would be firmly entangled at Kinnetik. Brian had been instantly overwhelmed by Justin's talent. Without question, he wanted Justin on his art team. In fact, his little blond could end up being the head of his art department, if that was the direction Justin decided he wanted to take his career. He might push Justin in gaining the experience and exposure he would have working at Kinnetik, but he would not push him into making that brand of art his career. He wanted Justin to do what made him happy.

 

As he continued the drive to his office, Brian tried to convince himself he was only doing this because he needed Justin's skills at Kinnetik. He wasn't doing it because he had missed the little blond from the moment he had dropped him off... not even thirty minutes ago. He certainly wasn't doing it because it would then give him virtually 24/7 access to him. He was only doing it to protect him; in addition to needing his remarkable talents.

 

Convincing himself he wasn't constantly in need of the boy was becoming increasingly more difficult each day. Brian was beginning to wonder why he was even bothering to try. As long as the secret stayed safe with him, his reputation was still intact. Of course, his recent interactions with Justin told another story as well. Did he really even care about his reputation any longer? Just having doubts about that told Brian one thing - that gorgeous little blond had twisted him up good. And when he was being perfectly honest with himself, Brian Kinney didn't give a damn.

 


 

Justin was sitting in the school cafe, having just finished a sandwich... along with a latte, amazed how latte had become his beverage of choice - all since meeting Brian. He paused in his sketching, even though he wanted it done before he left today. He wanted to spend as little time as possible when he was with Brian on his school work. When he was with Brian... that was all that mattered - simply basking in the pleasure of being with him. Smiling as he thought of Brian, and how important he was to him, Justin didn't hear the soft sigh that came from his overly attentive admirer.

 

Looking down at the prize he was vigorously hunting, Ethan smiled when Justin jumped in alarm, loving that Justin was aware of him... feeding off the fear that was rising within Justin. Without asking, Ethan sat across from him, gazing at him intently... fixated on Justin's mouth, before he spoke, "Such a lovely smile you have, Justin Taylor. I confess to being jealous not to be on the receiving end of such beauty."

 

"Uhhh, thanks," Justin answered, trying not to let his fear for this obviously unbalanced man become too obvious.

 

Eyes focused on Justin intently, Ethan murmured, "What's your schedule like later? I wrote a song for you that I would really like to play for you. It would just take a few minutes. My studio is very nearby."

 

"I'm flattered, really I am. But you are wasting your time with me, Ethan," Justin answered, facing his fear and looking his admirer square in the eye.

 

"How about you let me be the judge of that. You know, Justin, he doesn't deserve you. He will never be faithful to you. Nor will he treasure you, as I would," Ethan continued, his eyes blazing.

 

"You don't know anything about my relationship with Brian... outside of what you have managed to learn from your spying. However, let me be very clear. I am in love with Brian Kinney. He is it for me, and no matter what happens between me and Brian, I would never be attracted to you. Not after having found him. So... do everyone a favor, most especially yourself and leave me alone," Justin snapped, astounded he was making the admission of his love for Brian, but having no doubts in the truth of all of his words.

 

Ethan shook his head, almost sadly, flickering his eyes away briefly before raising them once more to meet Justin's, ice forming in their depths. Then he hissed out in quiet menace, "You will be so sorry, Justin. I could have given you the world, but you continue to choose unwisely. Mark my words, you will be sorry."

 

Justin picked up his trash, throwing it into the nearby container, returning to hurriedly place his supplies in his bag, before turning to Ethan, "I am sorry you are so bitter, Ethan. You don't even know me, or been given any reason to develop this fixation on me. I think you need some help. I would look into that if I was you. Goodbye, Ethan."

 

Ethan's eyes followed Justin's retreating form with deadly intent. He had not given up, not for one moment. Once Brian was absent from his life, Justin would turn to him. And if Justin didn't come to him on his own, he would force him to do so. And his thoughts toward Brian were very simple... enjoy your evening together tonight, for Ethan had every intention of it being their last.

 

TBC