- Text Size +

 

Michael sat in Brian's outer office, nervous and confused. After their fallout in the most recent days, why had Brian summoned him? He looked up at Cynthia quizzically, quickly determining her continued avoidance of his presence meant his questions were to remain unanswered. Regardless, he had known her for a long time. It was worth a try. Clearing his throat, Michael asked, "Did Brian say how long it would be? I do have other things to do this morning."

 

"No, sorry he didn't. He's on a conference call now. It shouldn't be much longer," she told him with a gracious smile.

 

"He has five minutes before I'm out of here," Michael mumbled in irritation.

 

At that precise moment, Brian's door opened, an open glare present on Brian's face as he looked down at Michael. His voice veiled in sarcasm, Brian spoke, "So sorry to keep you waiting, Michael. I do have a business to maintain."

 

"And I don't?" Michael snapped.

 

"Come in, Michael. I don't envision this taking very long, and then you can get back to your superheroes," Brian said with a sneer.

 

Michael was about to take a seat, when Brian forestalled him, addressing him angrily, "No need to be seated. You won't be here that long."

 

"Fine. What do you want?" Michael snapped.

 

"I want to know if you gave Justin's lunatic stalker a key to Emmett's apartment... and did you know the worm installed surveillance devices in the apartment?" Brian demanded to know.

 

"What? No, I didn't give him a key. He wanted to see where Justin lived. He said he needed to get a feel for him, to better understand him... and effectively pursue him. Of course, I thought it odd, but at that point, I thought I was doing a good thing so I didn't really see the harm. I had an appointment nearby, so I left him alone for about half an hour," Michael answered, visibly cringing when he saw the rage on Brian's face.

 

"You fucking idiot! You left a virtual stranger, a crazy one at that, all alone in the apartment to do God knows what? Do you know he had a hidden camera aimed toward Justin's bed? Also, a listening device in every phone in the apartment? Do you have any idea what you have done, Michael? The uncertainty and danger you have brought into that boy's life? Any idea at all?" Brian hissed at Michael, getting in his former best friend's face so closely he flinched away.

 

"I'm sorry, Brian. I had no idea Ethan would go that far. Certainly, no clue he was that unbalanced. I will do anything to help. I swear I will. Just let me help you fix this," Michael pleaded.

 

"Get the fuck out. You know, I was hoping to hear you say your key was stolen - something - anything other than this. You have killed everything, Michael. There is no way back now. Get out of my sight. Just looking at you fills me with disgust," Brian snarled, giving Michael a rough shove to the door.

 

"I never meant for things to go this far, Brian. Please believe that. All I wanted to do was protect you," Michael whispered despondently.

 

Opening the door wide, motioning for him to leave, Brian growled, "Do I appear as someone who needs your protection? I will tell you again, Michael - if anything happens to Justin by the hand of this freak, I will come after you, and I will destroy you. Make no mistake about that, it WILL happen."

 

With total contempt Brian watched as Michael left, never having been so disappointed in another human being in his entire life. Returning to his desk, Brian got back to work hoping that he had found out about Ethan Gold in time. Brian was accepting more and more just how much that adorable little blond was meaning to him. Without question, he wanted the boy tremendously - still, but the bottom line was... he wanted to keep him safe. And Brian intended to do exactly that.

 


 

"Would you mind repeating that, Sir?" Justin asked incredulously.

 

"I understand your surprise, Mr. Taylor. However, you heard me correctly. Your tuition for next year has been paid in full. In addition, you have been offered an internship in a prominent advertising agency, which is an experience that is required toward your credits for next term. And it has been further requested that you begin immediately," the Dean told him, hoping Justin didn't turn down Brian Kinney's generous offer... not wanting to be the one to tell the formidable man his plans had not been a success.

 

Justin smiled, realization instantly dawning... no matter how shocking. Justin felt that warm, tender feeling inside that he would forever associate with his growing love for Brian. He didn't care what Brian said - Brian Kinney cared about him... a lot. With a soft smile, Justin asked, "Might I ask the identity of my sudden benefactor?"

 

"I have a feeling you know the answer, Mr. Taylor. I must say you have quite a friend and supporter in Brian Kinney. You are truly a very lucky young man," the Dean told him.

 

"Oh yes, I certainly am," Justin mused aloud.

 

"Next week is your final week in this school term. I have spoken with your instructors, and you are in excellent shape to close out the year. They have excluded you from the final week, should you wish to start your internship immediately. Now, next year... your schedule will fluctuate around your intern hours. I will fax the specifics to Mr. Kinney. That is, providing you wish to accept the internship at Kinnetik..." the Dean prompted him.

 

With a beaming smile, Justin answered, "Yes, I do. That's exactly where I want to be."

 

Nodding in agreement and relief that he could give Brian good news, the Dean urged him, "You can go back to class now. I will advise Mr. Kinney that you find his offer acceptable."

 

Justin left the Dean's office with his own thoughts in mind. You do that, Sir. And I will find my own special way to thank Brian later - one I know he will appreciate only too well.

 

For the remainder of the day, Justin walked around the campus with a dreamy smile on his face, one that didn't go unnoticed by his relentless stalker. Right now, life just couldn't be any more perfect for Justin Taylor. He only hoped nothing happened to change that. With that thought, Justin's eyes fell on the lustful, crazed eyes of Ethan Gold... watching him from the distance. Justin shivered in horror when Ethan blew him a kiss and penetrated him with his cold and vacant stare. He moved toward his last class with the thought, he only had to get through this week, and then he would be at Kinnetik. Surely, he could stay out of this crazed man's grasp until then.

 


 

Brian was sweating profusely, moving in and out of what had become his most favorite place in the world - namely, Justin Taylor's tight little ass. Eyes darkening as he pounded the boy into sweet oblivion, intuitively knowing he would never have enough of this boy. Brian would never know how he had survived dinner without touching Justin, no matter how deliciously prepared, and all by his new roommate. As Justin cleared the table, Brian watched him under hooded eyes... wanting him as fiercely as he did the first time he had laid eyes on him. A desire that had only grown each moment they shared.

 

It still amazed him that this perky little blond boy had wormed his way past all his barriers. Brian knew one thing for certain now... his life would be incomplete without Justin. He would, of course, survive in either event. After all, he was Brian Kinney. He didn't truly need anyone. Want - yes. Need - most definitely not. He believed that... didn't he?

 

Once Justin had finished with the clean-up, Brian had uttered three words through clenched teeth. Ones that Justin had no difficulty understanding.

 

"Strip... bed... now."

 

And now after what had seemed to be an infinitely long day, Brian was finally shooting vigorously into the condom, moaning Justin's name as the blond squirted all over his belly. "Ahhh, fuck. I needed that," Brian growled.

 

Justin smiled as Brian rolled off, commenting, "I couldn't tell."

 

"Mouthy little twat. You know, your boss expects to be shown the proper respect he is due," Brian drawled as he kissed Justin hotly and deeply.

 

Moaning into Brian's mouth, Justin whispered, "Yes, Sir... Mr. Kinney."

 

"Mmmm, that's hot. Maybe you should call me that in bed too," Brian paused, giving the matter some thought.

 

Justin beamed once again, as he answered without thinking, "Whatever makes you happy, oh Lord and Master."

 

"I see I have so much to teach you yet, little boy. Never leave yourself so wide open - most especially to a predator such as me," Brian warned him.

 

"You're not so bad. I'm onto you, Brian Kinney. I will stick around and take my chances," Justin answered, still smiling uncontrollably.

 

Brian quirked an eyebrow, sliding sinuously out of the bed, turning to Justin to say, "Sentimental little fucker. Let's go take a shower. Then we are going out to celebrate."

 

"Where are we going?" Justin asked as he followed him into the bathroom.

 

Turning the water on, all but pushing Justin into the shower before closing the door behind them, Brian leaned down to kiss Justin lightly, before it turned into a devouring exchange, as their kisses always did... grateful he kept protection within reach through the entire loft. Trailing his lips down the side of Justin's neck, smiling as he felt Justin's hardening cock against his own, Brian whispered, "I thought I would take you to Woody's and then Babylon. Now, turn around... and brace yourself, I am far from finished with your sweet little ass."

 


 

A dark figure scrunched down in the car, watching all the comings and goings on the bustling streets of Liberty Avenue. Such a busy night, an accident would seem more than possible... if not probable. However, this would not be an accident. This would be the stepping stone to reaching his goal. Brian Kinney would be no more, and Justin would be his. Justin would know after tonight's events to never say no to him again. If he didn't learn anything else... Justin would learn that lesson.

 

Ethan's eyes burned with a determined intensity watching for his victim to appear. He smiled with malicious glee when his target fell into sight. Now to wait for the appropriate moment to strike.

 

Brian and Justin had just exited Woody's, both en route to Babylon. Arms wrapped around the other's waist, unfocused on anything else other than their destination... and each other. Of course, not that the older one of the pair would ever admit to that. However, it was nonetheless still true. Brian whispered into Justin's ear, "Just follow me. I will get you inside safe and sound. And then you will see a whole new world."

 

Pulling a card out of his pocket, Justin dangled it in front of Brian causing him to stop mid-step. "Now, where did you get that, little boy? To my understanding, you are not yet twenty-one."

 

"Emmett gave it to me on my birthday. Don't know how he managed it, but he did," Justin laughed with the memory, further adding, "He said it was time I found a boyfriend."

 

"Hmm, or a distraction away from my unlimited charms," Brian quirked in amusement.

 

"Right... that too," Justin laughed.

 

They had just stepped off the sidewalk, following the crosswalk, when blinding lights came out of nowhere. Dozens of onlookers shouted out warnings to both of them and the accelerating driver. But it was too late... Brian and Justin were approaching the middle of the street. Brian's eyes widened in sudden understanding of their plight, thinking of one thing... saving Justin.

 

Moving to push Justin to safety, Brian was halted when another body came up from behind, placing a hand on each of them... shoving them roughly forward, out of the car's impending path. Turning around to see his own clearance, their hero was rammed forcibly to the ground.

 

The car spun around wildly, tires squealing as the driver fled the scene of the crime.

 

Brian rushed over to the fallen man that was shuddering in convulsions, blood oozing out of his temples, bruised, battered... and semi-conscious. Hunching down to peer at him closely in the darkened light, Brian gasped in surprise and dismay, "Michael. What the fuck?"

 

"Car... c-coming for you. J-Justin... Had to stop it," Michael rasped, barely conscious or breathing.

 

Brian looked to his side, shouting toward Justin, "Get on the curb and off of this street, Justin... and, call for help!"

 

Justin's eyes widening in fear and horror at Michael's bloody body, he hurried to pull out his cell phone, instantly dialing 9-1-1.

 

"9-1-1 - what's your emergency?" came the monotone reply.

 

"We need help. There's a ‘hit and run' on Liberty Avenue, across from Woody's. Please hurry. I don't know how long he can last," Justin nearly sobbed into the phone, seeing unmistakable pain and tears rolling down Brian's face as he cradled Michael's head in his lap.

 

Uncaring of the rift presently between them, Brian whispered into Michael's ear, "Come on, Mikey. Stay with me. We're invincible... Superman and Lois - remember?"

 

Before losing consciousness, Michael said in a gasp, "Why do I always have to be Lois?"

 

TBC