- Text Size +

 

Justin wandered into the kitchen, admiring his wedding band - as he never failed to do so, since the three months it had adorned his finger. As always, Justin smiled thinking of the beautiful inscription. On their wedding night, as they lay in their honeymoon suite on the sands of Maui, their hands and limbs entangled - bodies sated in pure unadulterated bliss - Justin had raised up their entwined hands, looking at Brian with gut-wrenching love in his eyes. Then he whispered two simple words that would always symbolize so much to both of them: 'ridiculously romantic'.

 

God, he loved that man so damned much. He didn't know where his heart ended and Brian's began. And in all truth, he thought it had been that way from the first moment they had met; even with Auntie Em trying so hard to keep them apart. But if a person believed in fate - that was exactly what had happened that day. No two could ever be more in sync... more connected, or more in love. Justin didn't even care if he sounded lesbianic, not when it came to Brian. Being the life partner of Brian Kinney was an honor he would proudly wear on his sleeve - now and forever.

 

Who would have thought that a mere year ago, he would have tamed the savage beast that was long proclaimed as the most sought-after predator on Liberty Avenue? It had been a roller coaster beginning, with a fairy tale ending. They had endured so much together and survived it; unfortunately, another man Brian cared about had not fared so well. It had been such a tragic ending for Michael... and all those he had left behind. Such needless heartache. Michael had never been able to totally let go. True, he had loved Ben with all his heart... but still that unrequited love for Brian always remained. That young love that never died... just continues to fester until it either burns out or consumes you. Michael's love for Brian ended in his consumption.

 

Brian had never been able to return that love... at least, not the kind of love Michael had always craved. It had always been confusing at the best of times. Justin had seen Michael and Ben together on countless occasions. Their love was vibrantly real. But then he would see Michael with Brian... see Michael looking at Brian; the misty-eyed hope forever in the depths of his eyes... one that would never come to fruition. Then, Michael had made that fateful decision that landed a madman in all their lives... and the end result had been the premature ending of Michael's life.

 

As much as Justin wanted to hate Michael, he just couldn't. He had caused him such pain... in addition to what he had done to Brian. But whenever Justin would see how Brian talked about Michael, he would smile and wish things could be the same for them again. But there had been no going back. Not then... and most certainly - not now. Some choices lead to fateful consequences... and that was exactly what had happened.

 

It took months of holding Brian in the night as he would awaken with the tormenting nightmares of the crash that had drained Michael's life from his body. Finally, Brian was sleeping soundly; not crying out in terror, or waking up, looking forward to meeting Michael at the gym. Acceptance had finally arrived, leaving Brian to at last being able to grieve properly. That was what Brian needed most of all. A proper period of grief and mourning, and now, the strength to reach out and embrace his memories... and finally move forward with his life. Slowly, Brian had evolved to just that.

 

Justin looked at the date on the calendar realizing this would be one of the bad days. Granted, there had been fewer of them of late... but today, Justin knew without any doubt, Brian's loss would be brought to the painful forefront once again. All he could do was be here to support and comfort him. And that was exactly what he intended to do. Justin debated on heading immediately to Kinnetik to make certain his partner was okay. Brian was so strong... but he cared more than most could even begin to understand. He refused to let him go through this alone.

 

Last night had been bad enough. It had been the first time in the past year that they had not awakened in the same bed. Brian had fucked him with ferocious hunger - before pulling away - spouting an excuse of having work to do while urging Justin not to wait up for him. Justin knew what was going on. Brian didn't want that dream to return - not tonight. He would force himself to stay awake all night just to keep this night at bay. Justin couldn't think of anything to dissuade him... and he thought if that's what got Brian through it, he wouldn't fight him. He didn't have to like it... but he could respect it, at least for this one night.

 

Justin was jolted out of his thoughts by the ringing of the phone. He moved to pick it up, assuming it must be either his mom or Daphne. His mind focused on his concern for Brian, he murmured a distant, "Hello."

 

A relieved sigh passed across the line. One that was neither his mother nor his best friend. The caller identified herself in a quick, almost frenzied rush. "Thank God, you're there, Justin. Could you put Brian on for me?"

 

"Uhh, Cynthia? Brian should be at Kinnetik..." Justin answered in confusion.

 

"Well, I wish that he was... but sadly, that's not the case. He left a message on the office machine that he would be working from home today. Didn't even take the time to call me personally. Be that as it may... that's not the problem," she rambled on in a mad rush.

 

Justin began to sprint up the stairs, heading toward Brian's office, knowing this was much more than Brian just wanting to work from home. His husband was in much worse shape today than he'd originally thought. And he was going to do whatever he had to do to set things right. "What's the problem?"

 

"Brown Athletics just arrived in town for an impromptu meeting with Brian. They insist on seeing him ASAP. He needs to get his ass in here now, Justin. This account is worth millions of dollars in revenue," she gasped into the phone.

 

"I know it is. Brian worked hard to land that account. Stall them, Cynthia. I will work my magic on my stubborn husband and call you back."

 

"Thank you, Justin," she answered gratefully.

 

"You're welcome. I can't promise results, though. At least not today..." Justin admitted regretfully.

 

A pregnant pause prevailed. "I know what today is, Justin, but he has to let it go. It's been a year and he has his own future to think about."

 

"Yes, I know. I'll do all that I can," came the not so hopeful promise from Justin's lips, knowing how Brian became in these times... how sensitive the man he truly loved was - no matter if the rest of the world saw it or not.

 

Justin hung up the phone, as he neared the door of Brian's office, knocking on the door before peeking his head inside. His eyes narrowed on his husband sharply upon seeing him slamming his laptop closed - almost guiltily. What was the man up to now? With an all-knowing smile, Justin approached the desk, crossing his arms across his chest, before challenging him. "Precisely, what are you up to, Mr. Kinney?"

 

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean, Sunshine..." Brian said, with an uplifted brow. "Don't you have some masterpiece to create, Sweetness?"

 

"The only masterpiece I'm interested in right now is you, Brian. Why are you hiding in here instead of working? And don't even bother trying to tell me that you're not - or use that little pet name on me, the one that you haven't used for the longest time - merely to throw me off the scent," Justin clipped out, staring down his partner fiercely.

 

"Worried I won't be able to keep you in the style you've become accustomed to?" Brian growled insultingly, obviously going for plan B. When sweet Brian didn't get him the results he wanted, he would resort to cold Brian - a tactic that Justin had watched Brian use with the greatest of ease, however never on him. Justin found he didn't like being on the receiving end. Not one little bit.

 

"You might blow off the rest of your friends that easily, but it won't work on me, Brian. How about I up the ante and withhold something you do care about..." Justin said, eyeing his husband intently.

 

Brian snorted. "As if you could ever withhold that hot little ass from me. Don't even try it, Sunshine. You will lose every time."

 

"Is that a fact, Mr. Kinney? Well, I'm warning you now. If you don't hightail your fine ass over to Kinnetik right now, the reward you have been awaiting, these past six months - following your great sacrifice of no tricking - will NOT be forthcoming anytime soon," Justin purred, knowing if this didn't get Brian - nothing would.

 

Brian's eyes flared, as he walked around his desk, moving closely in the speed of a hungry and hunting panther. Nostrils flaring, Brian hissed out, "You've had your test results... and you haven't told me yet? Ohhh, I see a little boy that is in for some punishment."

 

Justin backed away quickly, refusing to blow this now by being pulled into Brian's sensual vortex. Determined to stick to his guns, he answered, "I got the letter yesterday. You rushed me off to bed so fast last night... and then vanished immediately afterward that it slipped my mind."

 

"Well, it looks like something else will be doing some slipping momentarily. Namely, my bare cock into Sunshine's tight ass," Brian whispered huskily, advancing forward, giving every indication of pouncing on him sooner - rather than later.

 

"Hold it right there, stud," Justin said, holding up a hand to forestall him. "I meant what I said. You either get your ass in gear... and over to Kinnetik to deal with Leo Brown, or you will be waiting longer than you can possibly imagine to pound my ass raw."

 

Brian narrowed his eyes, watching his much-beloved husband closely, inwardly rejoicing with pride at how far his innocent and shy little blond had come. Got me wrapped around your little finger, Sunshine... and damned if I don't keep wanting to feel you grasping me even tighter, but of course, I'm not going to tell you that. Not that you don't already know it! "Fine, I will go pacify Leo Brown... However, when I return, my dear husband, you will be the one doing the pacification... and it will take all night long."

 

"Sounds wonderful, Brian. Of course, I'm a much sought-after artist... I might be busy by the time you manage to return," Justin smirked, seeing Brian's mouth firming into a tight line. He would take this playful aggression anytime from his partner. This meant he was back in the present - in the land of the living - with him - exactly where he belonged. "But for now, get your damned thick head back in the now and go get your job done..."

 

Brian chuckled at Justin's pose of determination knowing he had never loved this man as much as he did right now. Curling his lips under - his eyes stroking over every inch - Brian knew he didn't dare touch him now or they would be fucking like rabbits. Leaning close enough that Justin could feel Brian's breath stirring against his lips, he warned in a raspy voice, "Get some rest today, Sunshine... You're going to need it..."

 

Justin smiled, watching Brian's departure, breathing a sigh of relief that his bluff had worked. There was no way he could ever withhold himself from his husband... and they both knew that. Knowing he had at least a few minutes before Brian returned to retrieve his laptop, Justin moved over to lift the lid, unable to resist learning what Brian was determined to hide. He had no doubt it had been something to do with Michael. Clicking to bring the computer out of lock mode, Justin's eyes widened in surprise and disbelief at what he found. It was a contribution to be awarded to the Gay and Lesbian Center for 500 thousand dollars to be given on this day every year - provided they establish a special grant in Michael's honor, with the specific instructions the donation remain anonymous.

 

Closing the lid, Justin's eyes glowed with an even deeper love and admiration for his husband. He was simply incredible and the rest of the world had no idea. But he knew... he had always known. Brian Kinney gives a shit, came the thought into his still befuddled mind. Justin knew one thing for certain, his partner would never cease to surprise and totally captivate him - in every way. And Justin was looking forward to all the surprises that were waiting ahead...

 


 

Seven Hours Later

 

Justin had just stepped out of the shower, refreshed and ready for what he expected to be a very long night, both mentally and physically. He put on a dab of the Gucci cologne Brian had given him at Christmas; knowing exactly what sort of effect it had on his husband in conjunction with his own scent. He smiled as he heard the phone ringing, knowing instinctively who would be at the other end. He was never more thankful than now that Brian had the foresight to have phone jacks installed all over the house; for they never knew where they would end up when Brian had to scratch his itch. And every room in their huge home has been more than christened, over and over again, Brian Kinney style.

 

"Hello," Justin whispered into the phone. A short pause on the other end ensued, so Justin decided to play a bit. "Is this my breather again? We better hurry, though... my husband is due home anytime now..."

 

"Breather? Hurry? You had better be fucking with me, Sunshine... or, I swear..." Brian began, his voice trailing off into harsh expletives.

 

"I know we agreed to no tricking... but I'm not even allowed some phone sex?" Justin smiled, as he provoked Brian further.

 

Brian inhaled and exhaled just as quickly. "No, you are not, however, I'm fine with this conversation, as I know my bare cock is minutes away from pounding into your tight little ass. Now, back to the point of my call..."

 

"Which is precisely what, Mr. Kinney?"

 

"I will be home in exactly five minutes. You are to be in our bed - waiting and well lubed for me. Any questions?" Brian clipped out, his hand already unknotting his tie as he drove; the thoughts of finally driving his bare cock inside of Justin making him hornier than he had ever been in his entire life.

 

Justin swallowed the moan created by the thoughts of the visual imagery Brian's words evoked. He felt he had waited for this moment for so long. They had both been passed as clear six months ago, but Brian had wanted to wait another six months to be sure. God, he couldn't begin to fathom a life without Brian as a focal part of it. "I'm heading for the bedroom now... and coincidentally, all I have is a towel wrapped around me now. Don't you worry, stud... I will be all lubed up and ready to be slammed into the mattress."

 

"Good boy. Work that tight little hole for me until I get there... I want nothing to delay me. Stay on the phone, Justin... let me hear you prepare yourself for me," Brian demanded, his voice growing hoarse with need.

 

Justin lay down on the bed, trying to distract himself. He was so close to coming, and he didn't want to shoot all over the bed before Brian's arrival, so he deliberately changed the subject. "So, umm, how'd it go with Leo Brown?"

 

"Fine, Sunshine. However... I don't wish to talk about Brown Athletics right now. All I want to hear is you saying that the lube is moving inside of your ass, with your fingers stretching and scissoring," Brian hissed, refraining from the urge to grab at his cock. Slamming on his breaks in the driveway, he moved toward the front door, quick urgent strides carrying him inside. Brian only paused long enough to lay his laptop and case down on the foyer table, along with locking the door and setting the security alarm, before he all but ran toward the stairs that silently beckoned him. "Hope you're almost ready... for I'm almost upon you - which to clarify means - I am soon to be inside of you."

 

"Bring it on, Brian. I've been waiting all day," Justin moaned, as he raised up on his knees, his ass extended into the air, as his fingers worked his ass in a frenzied motion. "Ahhh, fuck Brian... I want you so damned much."

 

"I'm stripping as I walk, Sweetness. Won't be long now. 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Hang up the phone... you won't need that any longer," Brian rasped in a guttural tone, one that never failed to elicit the exact reaction he was desiring. Now it was no different. Brian slammed into the room, his eyes fiery and fierce as they poured over Justin on his knees working his beautiful ass in total abandon. Brian paused briefly at the foot of the bed, knowing he was going to pounce quickly... thinking nothing took precedence over sliding into his delicious blond.

 

Crawling onto the bed, moving in position behind his husband, Brian growled into Justin's ear, "So fucking hot. This ass is really all mine now, isn't it, little boy?"

 

Justin clutched at the sheets as he felt the first sensation of Brian's smooth cock sliding inside, barely able to voice a response. "It always has been, Brian. Surely, you know that..."

 

"Yeah, I knew it... only more so now," Brian said with a deep groan, as he began inching his cock into Justin's ass. He reached down to grasp Justin's leaking cock, knowing neither of them would last very long. "Ahhh, sweet fuck, you feel so good. So warm and tight... squeezing me. Hell, I'm not going to last long. You just feel so damned amazing."

 

Justin moaned as Brian began pumping his cock in an urgent, primal need; gasping as his husband pinched the tip of his cock, causing the already leaking organ to erupt even further. "I can feel you... finally, really feel you. I never knew something could feel this good... this perfect."

 

Brian grunted out a response, "Neither did I, Sunshine. Had I known, I doubt I could have waited the additional six months."

 

Moving his ass in time with Brian's thrusting - his cock thrusting in and out of Brian's hand in the process - Justin couldn't help but plead to his partner. "Please tell me we are completely done with condoms..."

 

"You can count on it. There will never be anything separating my cock from the sweet heaven of your ass... ever again," Brian hissed, as he rushed forward to fulfill his earlier promise of fucking him into the mattress; both of them oblivious to anything but the pleasure they knew would only be derived from the other, from this day forward. Neither of them wanted anything more than was simply defined as - them.

 

Later, as they lay entwined in each other's arms, Justin looked at Brian appraisingly, knowing he had to reveal his knowledge of his earlier generosity. "You are unbelievable."

 

Brian cocked a brow, nodding in agreement. "I know. It's true. I am."

 

Justin laughed, as he always did at the cocky response from his lover. "Totally blows your image... doesn't it, Mr. Anonymous?"

 

"Well, well... I see a little boy did some snooping today," Brian replied, tongue in cheek.

 

"Don't worry, my love, your secret is safe with me. If you want the rest of the world to think you are an uncaring ass, that's your decision. I, however, have always known differently. Now... how about you kiss me and show me again just how amazing you truly are," Justin whispered, his eyes falling to Brian's lips, knowing his heart to be blazing like stars within his eyes.

 

Brian smiled, leaning forward to capture Justin's lips in a hot, languid kiss; knowing the best day of his life had been when he had stepped into that coffee shop and found this incredible man. He didn't know how many times he would say it in the years to come, but spoken or not, he loved this little blond firecracker with every fiber of his being... and he intended to explore and express it, in one form or another for the rest of his life.

 

Justin pulled his lips free, gazing freely and knowingly into Brian's eyes, whispering with fevered longing, "I love you too, Brian. Now and forever."

 

THE END

Chapter End Notes:

So concludes the story. Thank you to those who read, and a huge thank you for all who reviewed.

The End.
confused_bliss is the author of 53 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Leaping into the Fire also liked 292 other stories.