- Text Size +

 

The walk back to Emmett's apartment was done in awkward silence. At this point, Justin wished they had driven to Woody's, but Emmett had said that was just plain silly with the close proximity of the apartment. Justin would glance up at his friend as they walked, looking to break the silence, but would be greeted with an icy glare. Justin couldn't be upset with Emmett. He understood that Emmett was just worried about him. Justin's life was full of one drama after another right now, and then along comes Brian Kinney to enter the mix. The one man Emmett had warned him about for months; the reason he had not been introduced into Emmett's circle of friends. Now they had met, and it was just as Emmett had prognosticated, Brian was in full pursuit. Was Justin spurning his advances? Just the opposite. He was drawn to the overtly sexy beast like a magnet.

 

What had possessed him to agree to meet Brian alone at his office tomorrow? Justin knew the answer to that only too well. Brian Kinney was damned near irresistible. If he said he was going because Brian expressed an interest in his art, he knew he would be lying. Sure, that was a plus. But if he was honest with himself, he knew that wasn't the determining factor. Brian was heartbreakingly beautiful... The bad part was he knew it only too well. Just remembering how Brian had felt pressed up against his body; Justin's breath hitched, his body stirring wantonly, and he felt himself flush heatedly. If Emmett had not interfered, who knows what would have happened. Justin hadn't a doubt that he would have left with Brian in a heartbeat. It might have felt so good at the time. It would have been so sweet. But who was he kidding? The next morning... he shuddered thinking about what Brian would undoubtedly say to him then.

 

Emmett looked over at his friend once again as they reached home, shaking his head in disbelief having no doubt where Justin's mind had gone again.

 

"This is unbelievable, Justin. You can't get him out of your head, can you?" Emmett snapped out in anger.

 

"Sorry, Em. How about we talk about something else?" Justin mumbled, not wanting to have this fight with him, apparently unable to deny his accusation.

 

Emmett unlocked the door, not looking at Justin as they both removed and hung up their coats, before locking and chaining the door. Justin took a seat on the couch figuring if Emmett was going to scold him some more, he would rather get it done.

 

Emmett stood looking down at Justin before he spoke, "Talk about something else? Let's see... What shall we discuss? The weather - it's freezing. Sports - I don't care. Politics? Religion? Why bother?"

 

"Don't be like this, Em. I am not a child. I can handle this." Justin tried to convince him, and perhaps himself as well.

 

"That you could possibly even believe you can handle HIM... you are in far more trouble than I even thought. You have no idea what you are dealing with here. Stay away from Brian Kinney... he will use you and break your heart!" Emmett virtually yelled at him. 

 

"Calm down, Emmett. I doubt you would be friends with him if he was such a dangerous quarry. So he's a major player... I totally get that. But you have to trust me... let me make my own decisions. Some choices will be mistakes at times. That's a part of life, my friend. I am not saying I am looking to get involved with him. Hell, I don't know what I'm saying right now. I love that you want to protect me, but you can't, Em. You gotta let me live my life, experience things, make choices - right or wrong - just like you did." Justin looked at him, his eyes imploring for trust and understanding.

 

Emmett sat down next to him on the couch before he answered, "Okay, Justin. I will try. You have just been through so much recently."

 

"And I will get through that too. How could I not, with such a great friend for support?" Justin asked with a warm smile, kissing Emmett lightly on the lips.

 

"I just want you to be happy, baby. Safe, successful... all the good things that you deserve," Emmett told him, hugging him tightly.

 

"One day at a time, Em. Now, I better get some sleep. I've got that early class in the morning. Promise me that you will stop worrying about me," Justin demanded.

 

Emmett ruffled his hair affectionately. "I will do my best, but I can't promise that. I will be a good ‘momma bird' and let you spread your wings to fly... but I will be here to catch you if you fall."

 

"I know you will. Good night Em... love you," Justin said as he kissed Emmett on the cheek, before heading toward his new room. "Please don't feel like you have to hang out here. Why don't you go to Babylon like you would if I wasn't here? Have some fun."

 

"Love you too, baby. Hmmm, maybe I will for a little bit, if you're sure," Emmett responded thoughtfully.

 

"I'm positive. See you in the morning, roomie," Justin said with a laugh.

 

"Night, sweetie." Emmett laughed back.

 


 

Two Hours Later

 

Justin looked at the bedside clock grimacing, it was nearing two a.m. and he was still awake. He had been tossing and turning the past hour... largely due to being unable to shut his mind down. He supposed it was to be expected. It had been such a tumultuous day. However, that rationalization wasn't going to help him when he was in class in the morning barely able to keep his eyes open. Of course, what did it really matter? It was nearing the end of the semester, and he would no longer be going back to PIFA. He most likely would have to start looking for a job. If he could find employment where he could use his art, it would be so much more acceptable, but what were the chances of that?

 

He had heard Emmett go out about an hour ago. Justin was glad he had taken his advice to go out. He felt bad enough that Emmett worried about him so much without the added guilt of totally altering his lifestyle. He hoped Emmett was having a good time. Lately, he had spent far too much time worrying about him. Emmett had such a warm, giving heart... nothing would make Justin happier if Emmett could find someone to love, and to love him in return.

 

Justin went into the kitchen pouring himself a glass of juice when he heard a light knock on the door. He took a quick swallow before advancing toward the door. It was now a few minutes after two... who could it be at this hour? He quietly went to the door going up on tiptoes to look through the peephole to see the identity of their late-night visitor. Justin groaned when he saw Brian Kinney standing on the other side of the door. He jumped back as if he had been burnt just from viewing the gorgeous brunet standing there. He debated ignoring the knock. Brian had no way of knowing if they were home or if they were even awake. Perhaps he would just go away. Letting him inside the apartment so late at night while he was home alone... Justin knew that would not be an intelligent decision.

 

He started to back away from the door when the knock came louder this time. "Come on, sweetness... open the door. I can hear you rustling around in there. I promise I won't bite."

 

Warily, Justin moved to the door unlocking it, opening it just wide enough to block his upper body in between the door and the frame. Justin arched a suspicious brow at him. "Could you really hear me?"

 

"Not really, but I thought it was worth a try," he winked mischievously.

 

"What do you want, Brian? It's very late," Justin asked him innocently, unthinking of the implications of his wording.

 

Brian's eyes swept over him slowly. Eyes fastening on the plain white t-shirt before moving to linger on his snug boxers. Brian lifted his eyes back to meet Justin's... a smoky glaze within them. Brian purred in response, "You really should be careful how you phrase your words, Justin. Unless, of course, you are ready to give me what I want," he growled, attempting to move closer to him. "I might have to take that back about not biting... you look absolutely delicious."

 

Justin stammered nervously, provoking a knowing smirk from his admirer. "I... I, ahhh, will rephrase that then. Why are you here, Brian?" 

 

"How about you invite me in, Justin. I would be more than happy to tell you," Brian practically purred as his eyes continued to drink him in.

 

Eyes widening perceptively, Justin responded, "I'm not sure that's such a good idea, Brian. And I wouldn't want to wake Emmett," Justin prompted, thinking it best if Brian thought that Emmett was home.

 

Brian moved even closer to Justin, reaching out to run his finger down Justin's chest, a slight laugh as he answered, "Nice try, but I just left Emmett dancing at Babylon. By all appearances, he will be finding his comfort somewhere else tonight."

 

"Fine. Come in before you wake the neighbors. You need to make it quick... I have to get to bed." Justin tried to sound stern as he grabbed Brian's finger removing it from his chest. He opened the door allowing Brian access, slowly shaking his head, uncertain if he was doing the right thing - knowing Emmett would most assuredly say that it was the WRONG thing to do.

 

Brian stepped inside, closing the door behind him before he advanced toward a very nervous Justin. "Why don't we go to bed together then?"

 

Justin gasped at Brian's continued boldness as he backed away knowing he had to maintain his distance from this man. "That's not happening, Brian. Now... why are you here? I have classes in the morning."

 

"In your haste to leave Woody's earlier, you left something behind. It must have fallen out of your pocket." Brian reached into the inside pocket of his coat and pulled Justin's cell phone out... dangling it in front of him, like bait.

 

"Oh, I hadn't missed it. Thanks for dropping it off," Justin said, extending his hand for his phone.

 

"My pleasure, Justin. I took the liberty of placing my number in your contacts... just in case my card came up missing. Of course, I'm sure that would NEVER happen," Brian smirked. "In addition, I placed yours in my memory bank... of course, solely so I know who is calling me."

 

"How thorough you are, Brian," Justin grimaced, increasingly unsure of how to best handle this predatory Brian.

 

"You have no idea," he whispered, his eyes slowly moving over Justin's body, coming back up to rest on his face. Justin could see that his eyes had changed... they were smoldering with growing heat. Brian continued with, "But I intend that you will learn first-hand exactly how thorough I can be."

 

"Was that all?" Justin asked, as he snatched the phone out of his grasp.

 

"Not even close, sweetness... but it will do for now. Don't forget to call me tomorrow. I really am interested in seeing your work," Brian told him, seeming serious for the first time.

 

Justin nodded in agreement. "I will. Thank you again for returning my phone."

 

Brian moved toward the door before raising a hand to his chin as if in deep thought. "You know, you could thank me far more properly, Justin."

 

Justin rolled his eyes more in frustration than in annoyance. This man got to him like nobody had ever done. Yet, he wasn't doing much to discourage him either. He was drawn to this dangerously vibrant man whether he wanted to be or not. But he wasn't looking to be the next notch on Brian Kinney's well-used bedpost. "Sorry, Brian... a sincere thank you is all you are getting."

 

Brian turned to look at Justin just as he reached the door. "For now, Justin. Ask Emmett how determined I am when I see something I want."

 

"Good night, Brian." Justin opened the door for Brian to leave. He knew he had to get Brian out of here now before he succumbed to the need clearly displayed in the older man's eyes.

 

Brian reached up, stroking the side of Justin's face before sinking his long fingers into his hair, angling his face upwards to meet his scorching gaze. "Sweet dreams, Justin. I will see you very soon."

 

Justin swallowed deeply as Brian left without another word. He pressed his quivering body against the door as he audibly groaned, "What the fuck are you going to do now, Taylor?"

 

TBC