- Text Size +

 

"Fucking incompetent!" Brian virtually hissed at his art team.

 

He eyed them with distaste not even sparing a glance for Ted whom he had asked to sit in on the meeting.

 

Scowling, he continued, "I just spent the last three hours of my valuable time trying to pitch this ridiculous design to MY client. Only to be forced to admit that these graphics are for SHIT. They had my ass for lunch! I was barely able to wine and dine them to give me another chance, and I have until tomorrow to present a workable option."

 

The three of them looked at each other with growing unease. They knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that their boss was beyond pissed. His senior art director began to stammer, "I... umm, Mr. Kinney I am so sorry for this. I just don't know what to say."

 

"That's a very good place to start. Say nothing," Brian snapped back more than irritated with the pathetic worm of a man. "The incomprehensible being that it took you two days to come up with this rubbish...and my senior art director signed off on it."

 

Ted watched with widening eyes knowing this was going to end badly. That, he knew, was putting it lightly. Brian was undoubtedly an ass much of the time... but generally very understanding with his staff - in his own way. Brian took great care with his business... a flawless reputation he had helped Brian to build; in the advertising world, Brian was at the top of his game. That his team compromised that image... someone would pay dearly.

 

"I apologize yet again, Sir. I thought the work was adequate for the image the client wanted to project," the man said gruffly, foolishly challenging Brian with his very tone.

 

Brian rolled his eyes to the ceiling as if trying to delay for calm. Then his eyes slowly flickered down to settle upon the insipid man once again with ice forming in them. "Let me be very clear, Mr. Jackson. You have cost me invaluable time. You have made ME look like a complete fool, and put my account with Brenton Sportswear at risk... not to mention the stain upon my business reputation. Let's see if you understand this, Mr. Jackson. You are FIRED."

 

"Fired? But you can't. You need me, Mr. Kinney," the man stuttered stupidly.

 

Ted smirked, momentarily grimacing when he found Brian had noticed his slip, however seeming amused by Ted's sudden unprofessionalism. Watching Brian wield his power, and his incredible business skills never ceased to amaze him. No matter how much he provoked, pestered, and teased Ted on countless occasions, he could not help but greatly admire Brian. And truth be known, he was proud to be a part of the history Brian was making at Kinnetik. Brian was not being unreasonable or unjust. This team had nearly cost him dearly. Not only the account itself, which was of massive proportions, but also the word of mouth that would have harmed him if the client had gone elsewhere. He had not escaped that danger yet... but Ted didn't doubt that Brian would pull together a miracle, and have the client eating out of his hand once again.

 

"You are quite wrong. I don't need you. Go to your office and collect your belongings. I stress - your belongings. Ted will cut your final check, and escort you out," Brian said with a nod to Ted.

 

"You will be sorry, Kinney. I'll go to work for your largest competitor. I have learned a lot in my time here, and about you. You will regret this," the man threatened him.

 

Brian laughed without humor. "That is supposed to scare me? By all means, go work for my competition... you will drive their business into the ground quicker than my success has been doing. And... you know nothing about me other than what I have allowed you to know. Now, get the hell out of my office."

 

The man glared with hatred at Brian one last time before slamming out of the room.

 

Brian turned to Ted with a cocky smile. "You think he was upset? Follow him, Ted. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

 

Ted smiled as he nodded. "Will do, Brian. Are we giving him his severance package?"

 

Thinking for a moment, Brian answered, "I really don't want to... he hardly qualifies or deserves it, but go ahead. I don't want his whiny ass bothering me again."

 

Once Ted left, Brian's eyes once again fastened on the remaining two men that were virtually squirming in their seats. "Now... if you don't want to be next you will give me something that I can use by the end of the day."

 

They both stood up instantly as if they had been lit on fire as they made a beeline for the door. One escaped leaving the other holding the bag to answer, "We won't let you down, Mr. Kinney. I promise."

 

"See that you don't," Brian told him sternly, dismissing him and focusing his eyes back upon his desk.

 

Brian pulled up the graphic on his computer shaking his head as he viewed it in all its high definition glory. He was just as irritated with himself for attempting to pass off this ridiculous design as representing his company. This was beneath him. It was something they would come up with at Vanguard. Now, he was without a senior art director. Neither of these two pups he had just sent on their way was capable of handling the position. That was a problem he must remedy as soon as he got through this crisis. And he would get through it, of course. He was Brian Kinney. The man always on top... in every way.

 

Looking at the time seeing it was nearing two o'clock, he smiled as his thoughts trailed to the delicious Justin Taylor. He didn't pause to think that his attention had strayed to the boy more than he even realized in recent days. Just the mere thought of the twink made him hard just thinking of finally getting his hands on him - alone. He needed to fuck that boy soon and get his undivided attention back on business. That scrumptious blond had him so frustrated he continued to lose his focus. That was something Brian Kinney did not accept within his staff, and most certainly not in himself.

 

Eyes scanning over to the plush couch in his office, he eyed it intently, and with much anticipation. He would give Justin one more hour to call, or he would contact him. Stroking his lip with a forefinger he mused silently, Come to me, my little blond boy. I have a hunger that only you can feed... and feed it you will - TODAY!

 


 

Justin had just stepped outside the art building when he saw his mom flagging him with a wave from a distance. He groaned wondering what was wrong now. His classes had been endless. He had been scolded by one of his instructors for the inability to concentrate while in a still life class. A class he was not overly partial to... at all. He could blame one person for his state of unrest. One maddening, beautiful, and predatory, Brian Kinney.

 

He knew one thing for certain. He was irresistibly drawn to the sexy brunet. Much as he didn't want to be another notch on the Kinney belt, he didn't think he could hold him off much longer... especially if he was alone with him. He flushed just thinking of what he had done in the diner. Despite Emmett's warnings, Justin had little to no doubt he was on the verge of doing one thing - leaping straight into the fire. And he couldn't seem to stop himself, or even want to pull back.

 

He smiled as he heard his mom shouting out, "Justin, over here."

 

Justin greeted her with a warm embrace as he asked her with concern, "Is everything okay, Mom? Nothing wrong with Molly?"

 

"No, Justin... nothing like that. But tomorrow is your birthday and with things as they are now, I was afraid I wouldn't get to see you. And there is something we need to discuss," she said with a slight frown. "Is there somewhere we can go?"

 

Nodding, he pointed off to the small building. "Sure, let's go into the coffee shop. I'm done for the day."

 

"Yes, I know. Don't forget that I'm your mother. I know your class schedule," she needlessly reminded him.

 

"Well, for long as I'm able to remain here," he responded.

 

She frowned before giving him another quick hug. "Let's not talk about that right now, Justin. It will all work out. You will see."

 

After placing and receiving their order, they sat at a small table in the center of the busy room. Justin looked at her inquiringly as he asked, "So... what brings you here other than my birthday?"

 

"I would think that would be enough, and while we are on that subject, I have something for you. And Molly made you a picture. Much to your father's dismay, she's trying to mimic her older brother with her own version of art. Although, I don't think she has your talent," Jennifer Taylor said with a laugh.

 

Scowling at the mention of his father, he took the picture smiling at the rather crude imitation of himself with his sister. Tears misted his eyes as he saw the little girl looking up at her older brother with a smile of adoration. Much as they fought like brothers and sisters always do... the love was always present. It was a scene of them walking with her attempting to draw them holding hands. It was sweet, and it nearly broke his heart.

 

Justin wiped a lone tear that fell from his eyes and whispered with a smile, "This is perfect. Tell Molly thank you."

 

"I will. Now open mine. This one is a bit more practical," she told him. 

 

He opened the card. First, there was an appointment card with an insurance company for tomorrow afternoon. Looking further, he found a paid receipt for his cell phone bill paying it forward for the next three months.

 

"Mom? This is too much... you just gave me 500 dollars," he stumbled out, touched by her love and generosity more than mere words could convey. "And... What is the insurance card about?"

 

"Nonsense, it's not too much. I have decided to return to work, and regardless...we can afford it. Thankfully, the cell phone was placed in your name when you turned eighteen. At the time, it was your father giving you a head start in building your own credit file... so, all you need to do with that is to supply them with your updated address... also, something your mother would like to know too," she in part scolded him. "And the insurance card - I have made an appointment with them for tomorrow. I can go with you if you would like. Your car has always been in your name. I am so glad I insisted on that when we bought it for you, but your father has informed me he is dropping you from the insurance plan when it renews... which is next month. I am paying your premium for six months. We can look at it again later, and see where you are then."

 

Justin's lip quivered as he could no longer hold back the tears from escaping. "He really does hate me. He intends to totally erase me from the family, and his life. But what you are doing is too much, Mom. I can't possibly accept it."

 

"You can, and you will, Justin. It's my gift to you... a fresh start, and one you need having these changes thrown at you without any warning. It's my hope in time your father will come around, and accept things as they are now. In any event, you will be twenty... it's past time this was in your name, anyway. I'm just giving you a start in that direction," she said firmly, showing her determination to do this for him.

 

"I have my doubts that Dad will ever come around. I will accept this being that it means so much to you, and that tomorrow is my birthday, but it needs to end with this. You have to let me find my own way. I'm going to be just fine," Justin said, feeling for the first time that he actually believed it.

 

"I have never doubted that, Justin. Now... where are you staying?" she asked him.

 

"I'm staying with Emmett for now. His former roommate had moved out a short time ago, so he had an extra room," he answered her.

 

She nodded before bluntly asking, "Are the two of you... uhhh, a couple?"

 

Laughing, thinking as much as he loved Emmett, that was totally outrageous. "No, it's not like that for us. He is a very good friend. Beginning and end."

 

"I don't pretend to understand any of this, Justin. I only want you to be happy, and safe..." she told him, squeezing his hand tightly.

 

"I am, Mom. Thank you for everything you have done. It means more to me than I can tell you," he told her as they both stood, coming together in a tight hug.

 

"It's my pleasure, Justin," she said, kissing him warmly on the cheek before looking at her watch. "I need to go pick up your sister. Do you want me to go with you tomorrow?"

 

"No, Mom. I can handle it. Give Molly my love. I do miss you both," he told her... his eyes echoing his sadness.

 

"No more than we miss you. Call me if you need anything, Justin, and I mean anything," she told him.

 

Justin smiled as he watched her leave, happier beyond words that she accepted him as he was, yet saddened for the former life with his family that he had lost. He hated what his father had done to their family with his narrow-minded views, yet couldn't find it in himself to be uncaring toward him. He shared his mom's hope that someday his father would come to terms with his life, although he didn't believe it would ever happen. For now, all he could do was take one day at a time moving forward to send his life in the right direction.

 

Walking toward his car, he pulled out his wallet placing the card his mom gave him inside, and as he did, he pulled out another card firmly tucked in the slot. Kinnetik Enterprises with the number, and address. Justin smiled with the thought of what he was going to do. He had promised Brian he would give him a call, but maybe he would just stop by instead. He was going to live his life whether he made an unwise decision or not. As Justin pulled out onto the road heading toward his destination on Liberty Avenue, he knew he was taking a huge risk going alone into Brian's inner sanctum, but felt drawn to go as if by some interfering force. Then, reassuring himself that nothing too unseemly could possibly happen at Brian's office, he made the turn into the drive that would bring them together once again, unknowing of how much his life was about to change even further.

 


 

Brian stepped away from yet another heated meeting with what remained of his art department pissed beyond belief. Raking his hands through his hair in complete exasperation, he remained uncertain of how he was going to effectively resolve this matter. The two of them were completely clueless. His assistant looked up at him with a quirked brow before she teased him, "The dynamic duo making some miraculous progress, or have they sunk into regression?"

 

"I'm not in the mood, Cynthia," Brian snapped, his eyes full of anger once again before pulling his focus to the soft opening of the outer door. 

 

His anger soon dissolved at the sudden appearance of his current obsession. An obsession he refused to admit far surpassed any he had ever known. He wet his lips in anticipation as he hungrily watched the slow, hesitant approach of his blond prey. Oh yes... Come to me, sweet boy. This day has suddenly brightened immensely.

 

Cynthia, as always, guarding his office with fierce diligence, moved to intercept Justin, but was immediately forestalled by her boss. Without taking his eyes off of the luscious body he ached to possess, Brian told her firmly, "Go back to what you were doing, Cynthia. I got this."

 

She looked at him with surprise. Brian never saw anyone without an appointment. She nodded as she watched Brian move over to greet Justin.

 

"Justin, I have been thinking about you. Let's take this to my office," he said with a wink that was more of a bold promise of things to come. Looking back over his shoulder, he smiled and said, "I'm not to be disturbed under any circumstances."

 

Eyes widening, Justin preceded him into the huge office that was quite literally an artist's dream. He instantly surmised that Brian must have designed it himself. It just had the stamp of Brian Kinney all over it. He gasped when Brian not only closed the door behind them, but locked it as well.

 

He turned around in a rush, finding himself pushed back against the door. Brian grasped both of Justin's hands as he pinned them upward against the door, while pressing his body tightly against Justin's. He twisted expertly until he found the position that had their quickly hardening cocks growing alongside each other. Brian released one of Justin's hands to twist it tightly into his blond hair, angling his head in the desired position he felt he had been craving forever. Brian's eyes flared with a deep lustful hunger; one that he intended to see satisfied - soon.

 

"This is exactly what I needed today, sweetness. I have been waiting for this kiss, and nothing is going to stop me from having it now," Brian purred in a low husky growl that sent shivers down Justin's spine, just as Brian fulfilled his promise by smashing his lips hotly against Justin's.

 

His tongue instantly demanding and receiving an open invitation into Justin's mouth, Brian groaned into the kiss - his body achingly on fire for this boy. The thoughts coming unbidden to his mind: Nothing has ever tasted as good as him. I must have him, and rid myself of this obsession. Then, I can once again have control of my mind, and my body. Never once accepting or realizing this was just the beginning of big changes, not only for Justin but for the Stud of Liberty Avenue as well.

 

TBC