- Text Size +

 

Ben knocked lightly on the door to Daphne's bedroom, only entering when he had been given the go-ahead to do so. "Hey Sweetheart," Ben greeted her with a wide smile; one that he knew didn't quite meet his eyes. He was thankful for his duty to not only her, but the former king that he quite honestly respected above all men. If not for his job and the excessive responsibility it entailed, he would go out of his mind right now. Michael. He shook his head in his bitter disappointment. They were back to this place again. And this time, he didn't think he could be saved. Right now, Ben wasn't certain he even cared enough to go to the effort.

 

"Come in, Ben." Daphne smiled at him, her relief at seeing a friendly face more than evident. "Please sit with me. I'm going out of my mind in boredom."

 

He sat down next to her on the bed, his hand reaching out to enclose hers warmly. "You seem much calmer now. I'm very glad to see that."

 

Daphne shuddered. "It was scary. I won't deny that. I'll probably have nightmares tonight... and many more to come."

 

"I hope not. Right now you need a great deal of rest. That royal baby will be here very soon." He frowned when she suddenly winced in pain. "Daphne, are you okay? Should I call the doctor? Your nurse?"

 

"No. I'm fine." Daphne smiled weakly. "The baby is dropping and producing pressure on my spinal cord. The doctor said this is normal. It can also be the first sign of labor... but he thought I had a few more days, at least."

 

Ben's eyes widened. "A few days? Wow. That is soon."

 

"Yeah. He says it's hard to know for certain. A first delivery is always unpredictable." She laughed, as she observed, "Don't tell the king I said this - but I think it has more to do with his genes being a part of this baby. Already the baby has his attitude."

 

His head reared back as laughter burst free. "I promise I won't say a word." Ben's voice dropped in a conspiratorial fashion. "Between you and me - I think you just might be right."

 

Daphne giggled for a moment, before her face became more somber. "I only wish they were here. They both wanted this baby so much." Her eyes glimmered with unshed tears. "I really miss Justin."

 

"I have a feeling recent events will bring them home much more quickly." Ben wasn't certain that was the best thing for Michael's future... but in the grand scheme of things, he thought it a very good thing.

 

Her face falling, Daphne told him, "I only hope they work things out. I've never known Justin to be so happy... and the king obviously adores him." A scowl came across her face. "Justin can be so damned stubborn!"

 

Ben laughed. "That is something equally matched in his husband - if not more so." His ears perked as he heard a door closing from the adjoining room. It sounded like the exit into the hallway from the nurse's bedroom. "Does your nurse usually leave without saying something to you?"

 

Daphne frowned as her head turned in the direction of the sound. That was very odd, she thought. "No, she doesn't. In fact, she's generally in here with me all the time. I haven't seen much of her since the incident with the snake."

 

He smiled reassuringly, before standing quickly to his feet. "I'll get someone to sit with you. I need to check something out."

 

"Uhhh, I'm fine, Ben. Do whatever you need to do." Daphne watched as he all but ran into the adjoining room, apparently in search of her nurse. She shook her head, before leaning back against her pillows. Such odd people in this beautiful home, she thought... but ones that had quickly wormed their way into her heart. Daphne rested her hand on her belly, smiling as she felt the familiar movement. She wasn't entirely certain a few days was correct for the birth of this special new arrival. If only Justin were here. Then, everything would be perfect. Wherever they were now, she only hoped they were together - happy and safe - back together where they belonged.

 


 

Ben's eyes were wild as he took in the disarray of the nurse's room. "Fuck!" he uncharacteristically exclaimed. He rummaged through the drawers and closets; the woman had obviously packed in a hurry. Drawers were left half-opened, hangers had been knocked to the floor... nothing was in its place. It was almost as if it had been ransacked. But as his eyes took in the missing clothing, and personal items, Ben realized that wasn't the case. He ran from the room, his eyes looking up and down the hallway... his priority very simple - finding this fleeing woman. Something had caused her sudden flight. As she was one of the few that he had yet to question - Ben knew she now rose to the top of his list of suspects.

 

Reaching into his pocket for his cell phone, Ben prayed that the service was now working. They had just returned to full power a short time ago, yet communication was still sparse. He needed to make the quickest contact possible with Salah - and this would be the way. He released a deep sigh of relief when he saw his signal appearing, although faint, it said it was in service. He hit the speed dial that would connect him to Salah's cell phone, his footsteps carrying him down the stairs in search of the departing woman. "Your Highness! I need you to seal off all exits from the palace."

 

"Ben? I was just about to attempt a call to Brahim again. What's going on?" Salah demanded, motioning his guard forward as he spoke.

 

His breathing elevated as he raced down the stairs, his eyes looking in every direction the woman could have gone, Ben explained, "I was sitting with Daphne when I heard what I assumed to be the nurse leaving from the adjoining room. When I investigated, it appeared she had packed all her most essential belongings. I'm on the first floor, searching all the exit points. Everything needs to be blocked and secured!"

 

"I'm on it, Benjamin. Very good work." Salah bit his lip to stop the curses that threatened to escape. "How clever of that viper to use Daphne's nurse as a spy. The one person who was so close to Brahim's heir. Lindsay will see no mercy at Brahim's hand... that I can assure you."

 

"Nor does she deserve it." Ben was silent as he listened to the former king clipping out orders to his private guard. Within moments all exits from within the palace, and all gates leading away should be under tight surveillance. "We'll get her, Sire. She can't have gone far."

 

"I'd say not. She has probably ducked into an empty room, hoping to stay hidden until she can make a clean escape. Fool woman that she is, didn't have the sense to time her escape."

 

Ben pursed his lips as he ran to the main entrance, his head nodding to the guard on duty. There weren't that many exits... and within moments, they should all be covered by guards. They would find her... and then maybe this could be much closer to being over. "I should probably get off the phone. You want to call Brahim, and we don't want her to hear more than she's already heard so far."

 

"You're correct. Be careful, Benjamin. She might not be dangerous on her own, but cornered and facing what is most likely to be sure death - she will be." Salah hated that three lives were most likely about to be extinguished; he wasn't completely certain how Brahim would evoke his judgment - but death for all of them was a possibility. If that was what Brahim decided, he wouldn't say anything to dissuade him. Brahim was now the king, and this threat was not only direct treason, but a danger to his family. Brahim's decisions were absolute... and no matter what they entailed, Salah knew he would support him completely.

 


 

 

 

Brian and Justin were sitting thigh-to-thigh on the white, plush couch that was secured along the wall of the private jet. They weren't the least bit aware of the jets powering up, nor of the call from the captain that they were about to take off. Had they been, they would have realized they would soon be interrupted. For now, they only had one reality; a reunion that was one hard-fought for both of them... each of them cherishing it equally. Their mouths slowly moving against the other, hands desperately trying to find purchase... both of them knowing they wouldn't be satisfied until their bodies forged that connection that would cement their reunion more completely.

 

Justin smiled against Brian's lips when his ardent husband released him long enough for them both to catch their breath. "How long have we been here?" Barely cognizant of his surroundings, Justin acknowledged the hum of the engines that signaled they would be departing soon.

 

A returning smile fell across Brian's lips, before his finger reached up to trace the swollen lips he knew he had been devouring for at least the past fifteen minutes. "I have no idea." Drolly, he added, "It's good that no photographers are on the plane. I don't think it's good form for the Brakanian King to be filmed in an extended make-out session on the couch."

 

"Well... it is a private plane, and let's not forget one simple fact..."

 

"What might that be?" Brian asked, his eyes hungry on the lips he knew he'd never taste enough.

 

"That the lucky recipient of the king's repeated kisses is none other than his husband." Justin leaned forward, connecting their lips again, his tongue slipping inside to meet the one that struck out to meet his just as quickly. He moaned against Brian's mouth, his cock beginning to pulse painfully in his snug, white shorts. He wanted him so badly. The interlude in the shower before all the chaos began again hadn't come close to scratching the surface. He needed so much more. As he pulled back and met the fierce hunger in Brian's eyes, Justin knew Brian felt the same. In fact, he was quite certain that Brian would seek to satisfy their mutual desires very soon more fully.

 

Brian's breathing became erratic as he looked into Justin's eyes; the look of raw yearning clearly read in his beautiful blue eyes. His nostrils flared as his gaze moved from them to Justin's trembling lips. "Fuck, I want you." Brian's tone was ragged, the sound barely audible over the plane's engine. His head lifted with a murderous glare as a throat cleared next to him. He shook his head impatiently as his lust-filled eyes moved from his beautiful husband to the somber expression on Samuel's face. "What is it, Samuel?"

 

"I apologize for disturbing you, My King... however, the captain has relayed to me that we are all cleared for take-off. He has asked that the two of you return to your seats, and fasten your seatbelts. Also, he reminded us that all electronic devices should be off until indicated otherwise." Samuel really hated his job sometimes. King Brahim looked as if he wanted to take his head off; Samuel knew that wasn't the case... but the king's strong passions and limited restraint were renowned. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that all his king wanted was time alone with his husband.

 

"My devices have been turned off. I see no need for them until we are on Brakanian soil." Brian didn't see the need to explain himself further. All he wanted now was to spend every possible moment with Justin. There wasn't a doubt that time would be limited once they landed. He intended to take advantage of every precious moment.

 

Justin sighed; he stepped quickly to his feet and in between Samuel and his glowering husband. He smiled reassuringly at Brian's personal guard, once again feeling the need to play the peacemaker between Brian and his staff. It wasn't the first time... and he knew it wouldn't be the last. Often they were interrupted in more private moments; sometimes Brian didn't respond well to that - regardless of the reasons. "Samuel, thank you. We will get fastened in immediately."

 

Brian arched a brow in slight amusement. Justin always had his back; even when his sensitive blond had felt the compulsion to leave him, he'd still been intending to protect him. This young man that he had essentially pirated away from all he knew and loved what seemed like a lifetime ago, continued to fill his heart and life with the greatest of joy. Now more than ever he was filled with renewed hope. He didn't know what faced them back in Brakania, but he knew they would survive it. The most improbable of events had happened when he'd met this man - he, himself, had become captured... heart, body, and soul.

 

As Brian settled into the seat next to Justin, he affixed a heavy-lidded gaze on his husband. Justin didn't watch the aircraft taking off - his eyes were full of smoldering hazel eyes that spoke of both their love and the promise of a steamy couple of hours to come. Brian growled as Justin anxiously slid his tongue across his lips. "Once we can leave these seats, I'm taking you into the bedroom. Do you know what I'm going to do to you there?"

 

Justin swallowed, a moan escaping as his cock thickened as erotic images overwhelmed his mind. "I-I have an idea."

 

"Mmmmm." Brian reached out and laid his hand across the bulge in Justin's shorts; he couldn't wait to have him all to himself again. "I'm going to fuck you so hard, Justin. So fucking hard... but first, I have another appetite to feed."

 

His head falling back against the cushioned seat as the plane continued to rise, and Brian's hand began to move; Justin bit his lip trying to forestall the groans that emitted. "Brian..." he panted, knowing exactly where this was leading.

 

"It's been too long since I've eaten your ass good." Brian leaned in to smash his lips against his husband's, his tongue quickly mapping out all of Justin's delicious mouth. "You're gonna cum with my tongue in your ass, and when that's done, I will fuck the living hell out of you!" Brian only gave Justin the amount of time to catch his breath before his mouth returned to make a meal of him. As he palmed Justin through his shorts, Brian growled as his own cock twitched and expanded. This would be the most eventful two-hour flight they had ever spent.

 

In the aftermath, Brian hoped it would be enough to endure what came next. Whatever did happen back home, he would protect this man with his life - now and forever.

 


 

Ben stood with his hands folded across his chest as the stupid woman attempted to flee from the kitchen pantry where he'd finally managed to track her. The kitchen was aligned closest to the other main exit from the palace. Only a fool would try to hide and flee from here. It was an area that maintained the most traffic... and a location closest to an exit would be under complete surveillance. "Going somewhere?" he taunted as she tried to tiptoe to the door.

 

She shrieked and took off in a run, barely able to manage while carrying her cases. Screaming her outrage, she spat at him, "Let me go! You have no reason to keep me here!"

 

"Let's see what the king has to say about that... shall we?" Ben sneered as he pulled her along. Not a man to manhandle a woman, despite the provocation, he gently pushed her forward. "Upstairs now!"

 

The woman began to sputter. "Y-you can't do this! Any of you! The king isn't even here. I can leave my job at any time. It's m-my choice!"

 

"It's not common for a nurse to run out without a word... and hiding in the shadows! We'll see what the ‘acting' king has to say about this." Ben prodded her along, his voice harsh when he ordered, "Get moving!"

 

They were at the top of the stairs when he heard the screams; Ben had become familiar enough with Daphne's voice to recognize her. He snarled at the woman in front of him, all but pushing her in the direction of the guards at the top of the staircase. "Take her to the king's office... and don't let her out of your sight!"

 

"Yes Sir," they answered in unison... not nearly as gentle in pushing her forward.

 

Ben ran down the hallway, his footsteps urgent on his path to Daphne's room. This was becoming repetitive to him - and not in a good way. He was close to her door when he heard the labored breathing of the older man behind him. Glancing back, Ben shouted out, "I have the nurse. The guards are taking her to your office. I'll get this if you want to attend to that."

 

"No..." Salah answered in a series of pants. "I need to see Daphne first."

 

Not expecting anything else, Ben pushed open the door to Daphne's room; his eyes first looked at Daphne clutching at her abdomen, then back to the wide-eyed gaze from the distraught former king. "Daphne?"

 

Lines of fear and pain clearly etched onto her face, Daphne waited for the pain to pass, before she answered, "M-my water just broke. The b-baby is coming."

 

TBC