- Text Size +

 

Lindsay stared at the email message in front of her, an expression of disbelief and horror on her face. She was glad she had sent her servant away before opening her messages. The last thing she needed was her unease being broadcast to her father. As much as he had always favored and pushed for a union between her and King Brahim - he would not approve of her methods. Deceiving him was her only choice. She continued to scan over the brief, yet informative message, looking for a word she could have missed that would make it read differently. After twenty minutes of reading and re-reading, Lindsay found no error to be found. Her plan was doomed now. The only bright side was in knowing that she had scared that unworthy blond husband of Brahim's out of Brakania. Still in doing so, it didn't have her any closer to her rightful place as Queen.

 

She read the message again. There was no room for doubt in its content. Lindsay, I regret to inform you that my part in your plan will no longer meet your expectations. My banishment has been lifted by the king, and I am returning home with Ben. We can discuss this more then. Michael.

 

Damn Michael, she silently fumed to herself. Of all the idiotic things for him to do... this was at the top of the list. Didn't he realize he would still be an outcast in Brahim's home? Even though he accompanied the much beloved and trusted Ben, he would still be considered as only a much-undesired necessity to bring Ben home. She cursed herself over and over for entrusting him. So much could be lost now. Michael had always been so enamored of Brahim. How could she be certain that Michael wouldn't run his mouth off to Brahim just to score points with him? This was a disaster... and she didn't know what to do.

 

The next thing that troubled her - why had Brahim lifted Michael's banishment? What possible reason did he want them back in Brakania now... and in his own home? A shiver of dread coursed up and down her spine. What if Brahim knew of the conspiracy to destroy his marriage? If Michael talked, she would be looking at treason. No, Michael couldn't be that foolish, she thought. He would only incriminate himself in such a confession. They would both be severely punished. First, she had to determine exactly why the king wanted Ben to return. Lindsay knew the only chance she had of learning that was her contact inside Brahim's home.

 

She had waited so long to gain what was her rightful place. Michael's return would not undo any progress she had made. If Justin's absence wasn't the answer, she would find another. Her eyes filled with rage and desire for power. She didn't care who she had to step on, or push from her path - she would aspire to her proper station. She would be the Queen of Brakania... and she would provide the Brakanian heir. Somehow this inseminated child wouldn't be allowed to be claimed as the king's heir. When the time was right, she would find a way to undo that unprecedented process. But first, she would learn why Ben and Michael were returning. Her entire plan hinged on that answer.

 


 

Brian didn't disembark the plane immediately. He had rested most of the trip to the island; Brian knew he would need his wits about him when he confronted his audacious and rebellious blond husband. Right now he could wring his adorable little neck. Depending on Justin's attitude, Brian wasn't certain he wouldn't do exactly that. The beautiful and entirely too self-sacrificing little shit. He had already seen so many examples of it. The boy seemed to care very little for his own happiness when he felt his actions could induce security and a happy life for others. That had to stop. They had built a solid life together in his kingdom; he refused to allow that to be cast aside on the disapproval of a select few - people whose opinion didn't matter in the slightest.

 

A throat cleared patiently beside him. When Brian looked up, he found his driver awaiting him. "I'll be out in a few minutes. I want to change into more appropriate clothing for the island."

 

"Yes, Your Highness. I will wait for you by the car."

 

Nodding, Brian stood from his seat and proceeded to the room where he could change. A part of him thought he should arrive before Justin completely attired in his royal robes, but he decided Justin would probably be uneasy enough. He would appear before him in clothing that suited this environment. Despite the ownership of the island falling in Justin's favor, Brian knew his power and authority would garner him absolute loyalty; that is, except from the one person he most wanted to secure. That was something he intended to accomplish no matter what he had to do.

 

He wasn't overly concerned with this threat. It was the act of a rogue conspirator. One that obviously had some help... but not one that was widespread across his lands. His tour of the regions had assured him that all was well and that the majority were satisfied and respectful of his leadership. There wasn't much they could do about it in any event... but civil unrest was something to resolve in the earliest stages. He could find no signs of any. For that reason alone, Brian was certain this cowardly act against Justin was done with a specific goal in mind. It was too soon to tell if it was only to dissolve his same-sex marriage... or if it could be more. One thing was for certain, he would find the answers, and once he did, they would suffer greatly for it.

 

Brian slipped into a pair of casual white dress slacks, and a black Armani shirt that buttoned down; he left the top three buttons undone and turned to look at his reflection from each possible angle. He smiled in satisfaction. Justin wouldn't be expecting this look. Once again, and for the first time in a long time, Brian realized he looked like Brian Kinney... and much less like King Brahim El Khadir. Brian decided he would have his hot little blond eating out of the palm of his hand in no time. Regardless of that, Justin would need to answer for his disobedience... and faulty decisions. When they left this island, his husband would be even more committed to him. Brian intended to see to that.

 


 

Justin found himself looking around apprehensively. It was time. He could feel it. The buzz was all around, most especially with the guards. The king had arrived, or he would be very soon. There wasn't any doubt in his mind. Could he go through with his plan? Justin realized the margin for success was very slim. He knew that at the time of Brian's arrival would most likely be his only chance of being convincing. Brian's anger and suspicion would be peaking at their first meeting; that was the time he had to attack it, and hopefully, convince Brian that separation was their best alternative. In Justin's mind - the only viable one. The longer he was around Brian in this special place that meant so much to him, the more his resolve would weaken. Bringing him here had been smart in so many ways. He just had to find a way to make it work to his advantage.

 

Stripping down to just the briefest of swim trunks, Justin went to work. Raoul's participation was key in this act of deception. There wasn't a chance that he would be unfaithful to his husband, but he had to convince Brian that given the opportunity it was something that wasn't completely beyond temptation. A man packaged as Raoul, made that even more likely. The man was similar to a bronzed statue, most likely from spending his life on this island... but he was hot. Brian wouldn't be blind to that fact. He thought back to their honeymoon; Brian had been incensed at how Raoul flirted with him. The ante would be increased... and it would be today. Justin felt remorse for toying with this young man's feelings... and of course, for placing him in the line of fire - but Brian had left him no other choice. Protecting Brian, Salah, Daphne, and the baby were all that truly mattered. No sacrifice took precedence over that.

 

Stepping out onto the terrace, Justin walked up to Raoul, deliberately allowing his arm to brush alongside the man trying to do his job. "Can I trouble you for a short while?" Justin's voice was soft and breathless, a smile spreading across his lips when he noticed Raoul tensing up at his nearness.

 

Raoul spun around and placed his cleaning basket down, looking at Justin inquiringly, unable to mask the appreciation he always found looking at him. The king's husband was so beautiful. He didn't know why he would be here alone... but in his mind, he thought the king a fool to allow it. Since Justin arrived, he hadn't missed the flirtatious looks extended his way. Was the beautiful owner of the island, and his employer, looking for a vacation fling? Raoul wondered if that was how they lived in their more royal circles. Remembering back to the jealousy in the king's eyes whenever he would look at Justin for too long, he doubted it was acceptable to him, but to Justin, it seemed to be the case. He wasn't sure how to respond. There wasn't a doubt of how he wanted to react... but that was something he was fearful enough of the king not to do.

 

Swallowing nervously, Raoul forced his eyes to remain on Justin's face and not the bare skin the Master of the island presently had on display. "You are never trouble, Sir. What can I do for you?"

 

Justin chuckled huskily, a smile of satisfaction curving his lips when he noticed how nervous Raoul was now. Yes, this could work. Raoul's long latent desires would see to that. He fought the guilt that reprimanded him that it was wrong, but a smaller part of his conscience telling him it was for the greater good. Justin held up a bottle of sunscreen, inwardly grimacing at how cliché he had now become... but it was such an obvious and effective ploy. "I was about to lie out on the beach... and well, I burn so easily." For added measure, Justin stroked his hand along his chest, watching as Raoul's eyes hungrily followed the motion. "As you can see I am very fair-skinned."

 

"Yes, you are, Sir." Raoul could feel sweat beading on his brow, perspiration that he knew wasn't coming from the sun... but more from the tempting blond man that stood before him. "I'd be glad to help you out. Just let me go wash up and I'll meet you down at the beach."

 

"Wonderful." Justin winked and allowed his eyes to move over Raoul's body. "I'll be waiting."

 

Raoul groaned as he walked away, fearing with the utmost certainty - this would be a day to remember. He wasn't certain it would be in the best of ways.

 


 

Brian stepped from the back of the car with his jacket slung over his shoulder as his dark eyes took in the perimeter of the exquisite home that Justin had fallen in love with so instantly. For a brief moment, he allowed himself to reflect back on the simplicity and beauty of that time. How he wished they had returned here again together on this trip. One thing wasn't doubtful to him - they would leave united, and not separated as they had each arrived this time. He walked toward the house, holding his hand up to keep his guards at a distance. Brian really didn't see the need for that here. "Stay at a distance. This island is safe and protected. I wish to be alone with my husband."

 

"As you wish, Your Highness. There's one thing you should know, though..." Samuel began uncertainly, hating that this announcement was left to him.

 

Sharp eyes pierced his most trusted guard. "What is it, Samuel?"

 

"Your husband is sunning down by the water... but he isn't alone." Eyes lowered to the ground instantly, witnessing the explosion that was bound to occur, not high on his list of things to do.

 

Brian surprised them all by releasing a hearty sound of laughter. He shook his head, once again amazed by his husband's ingenuity. So that was his grandiose plan. Well... he would send Raoul on his way quickly... then, his cunning little blond would have much to answer. "I'll handle it. Your orders remain the same. Monitor the estate from the outside. No one enters and no one leaves... most especially my husband."

 

"Yes, King Brahim. The two of you will be safe and under constant protection. I promise you that." Samuel's back stiffened as he issued his vow to his king. He felt compassion for King Brahim's young husband. Despite the easy way he had handled the news of him dallying with the hired help, he knew the king to be displeased. He wouldn't care to be either of those two men right now.

 


 

Justin forced himself to release a low, throaty moan as Raoul's hands smoothed the sunscreen into his shoulders, his fingers slowly moving down his spine and around to his sides that the sun could touch. "You have the most wonderful hands, Raoul. This might be your greatest skill of all."

 

Neither of them noticed the dark and vengeful eyes stabbing into the both of them shrouded amongst the trees, a lacking they would be made aware of soon. They couldn't know how much the sight of those hands moving on the flawless alabaster skin affected him; how the savage in him wanted to brutalize the man touching what belonged to him. Tilting his head as he watched, Brian reminded himself how he and Justin had evolved past those days. They were married, in a legal and binding relationship; it no longer consisted of ownership no matter how possessive he was over the young man that had captured his heart with the greatest of ease. Justin had long ago accepted that as king he would often make ruthless decisions, even ones that appeared uncaring... but since those days of Justin's captivity, it hadn't been directed towards him. Now, even if indirectly, it was about to veer down that path.

 

Unable to look away from the man working the lotion down Justin's back, Brian reached for his phone, glad he had decided to be prepared in case he would want some interference. As he looked at Raoul enjoying his task a bit too much, Brian typed in the words that would make this the last massage he would be giving - at least in regard to his husband. Powering it off, Brian advanced forward, his anger at Justin reaching a new level. Despite how he had blown off this little flirtation in front of his men, he was far from calm. He shook his head as he came closer, unable to believe the reckless and foolish behavior of his husband. Justin would know better than anyone the havoc of provoking his jealousy. The boy would be lucky if he ever left this island.

 

Raoul suddenly felt a presence behind him; he didn't look thinking it was just one of Justin's many guards making certain of his safety. When he finally looked up, his jaw dropped and his eyes bulged in fear at the accusation and primal fury in the man that despite his casual form of dress he knew to be the King of Brakania. He knew this had been a mistake. What a fool he'd been. Now, he would probably be killed. He looked apologetically into the king's cold, hard eyes, mouth opening to speak... only to stop when the king held up his hand to caution his silence.

 

Brian mouthed one word. It was more than enough. "Leave." His teeth were gritted as he watched the would-be amorous houseboy scurrying away. Little did he know, he would indeed be leaving this island within moments. As much as he believed Raoul to be much the victim to the wiles of his undeniably sexy husband, he didn't cast him without blame. The man had wanted Justin from the moment they had met the first time on the island. Brian wasn't about to let Justin play this type of game with him now. Allowing his eyes to trail down the oiled skin and stopping at the tight trunks that barely covered the most perfect ass he had ever fucked, Brian was tempted to fill in for Raoul... but one thing was for certain; if he touched him now, there would be no stopping, and they had many issues to address first.

 

"What the hell, Raoul?" Justin squeaked as a towel was flung upon his back. His head whipped around, eyes widening behind his sunglasses to semi-meet the probing gaze of his husband. Fuck. He'd thought he would have a bit more time... but as he noticed Raoul nowhere in sight, he figured his plan was working. "Well well, if it isn't the lord of all he surveys, come to check on his captive husband."

 

"I would advise you to shut the fuck up... little captive." Brian watched with hungry, yet angry eyes as Justin stood to his feet; in this instant almost hating him for making him desire him so deeply at a time when he was so unspeakably angry with him. "Cover yourself up and join me at the house. We have a great deal to discuss."

 

Justin laughed sardonically, unable to believe they were at this place once again. "You have a hell of a nerve, Your Majesty."

 

"I have a lot of nerve?" Brian grasped his husband's arm firmly, urging him toward the house. "I've only started unloading my wrath on you, my beloved... but you'll understand your position soon. That, dear husband, is a solemn promise!"

 

TBC