- Text Size +

 

Michael looked around the encompassing gardens, thankful no guards were present on this portion of the palace grounds. That in itself he found surprising. The former king had been devout regarding the security of his home, he could only imagine Brahim carrying that on in his reign. Perhaps the recent turmoil in Brakania - whether genuine threats or not, had caused Brahim to spread some of his security out away from his home. He paced back and forth, uncertain of what he should do next; Michael only knew one thing - he didn't want to be exiled again. If Brahim learned of his part in Lindsay's treacherous conspiracy, he could lose much more than his country.

 

"Pssst. Over here!" a low voice hissed, one that was easily recognizable.

 

"Lindsay?" Michael asked, his eyes searching around the shrubbery that shrouded the side perimeter. "Is that you?"

 

"Yes, you imbecile! Get over here right now!" Lindsay's voice was a harsh shrill, yet still barely above a whisper.

 

Michael moved behind the shrubs, his eyes wildly darting around, looking for anyone visible to witness this assignation. "Lindsay... you shouldn't be here. What if someone sees you?"

 

"So what if they do? I am not an outcast to the El Khadir family!" Lindsay glared at the man that she feared to be the one to compromise her plan - a plan that she knew could work. One that she had no intention in allowing to fail. She would be Queen one day. This insipid fool wouldn't cause her plan to fall apart. "We need to get a few things clear."

 

"No!" Michael snapped. "I already told you - I'm done with this, Lindsay. It was different when I was banished... but now I'm home. I won't risk that again."

 

Lindsay's eyes narrowed into the tiniest of slits. What a fool, she thought. He obviously had no clue who he was dealing with - by now, Michael should understand. There was nothing she wouldn't do to aspire to her proper place as Brahim's queen. "Listen to me very carefully, Michael. I have not come this far only to have you unhinge my plans. You will do as I say... or you WILL suffer the consequences."

 

"You're insane..." Michael whispered. For the first time, he felt true fear, because this time it wasn't only the worry for his own future... it was his fear for all of them. Lindsay was clearly deranged. Why hadn't he realized it before now? He backed away from her cautiously, his eyes widening as he noticed her stare becoming colder with each step he took. "I'm sorry, Lindsay. I can't do this. It's wrong... and there are too many risks attached. You're on your own. I-I won't tell anyone about you... but I can't be involved further."

 

"No, Michael. That's not how it's going to be." She stepped closer, her eyes icily drilling into the ones that couldn't hold her menacing gaze for more than a moment. "If you don't do exactly as I say, I will make it appear as if you plotted the destruction of Brahim's marriage all on your own."

 

Michael gasped in disbelief. "They won't believe you. You are not trusted by Brahim either... and most especially not by his grandfather. You're bluffing."

 

Lindsay emitted a shrill laugh. A cold smile curved her lips at the quiver she noticed overtake Michael. He was such a fool... and so easy to manipulate. There wasn't a doubt in her mind he would succumb to her threats... and what was best of all, he made the perfect scapegoat if her plans failed. She had no intention of failing... but it always paid to be prepared. "Try me, Michael. See what happens." She watched as Michael tried to compose himself, inwardly celebrating the ease of her success with this brainless coward. "You are only here because Ben was needed. Brahim doesn't trust you... nor will he ever. Push me and see what happens, Michael. This time, you will face far more than banishment!"

 

Nodding, Michael knew she most likely spoke the truth. Somehow he would find a way out of this... but that time wasn't now. He would play along. She would make a mistake that could expose her. He had to believe that. "What do you want me to do?"

 

A self-satisfied smirk was her initial response. "I want to know everything about Ben being called back to Brakania. Your exile wasn't lifted for no reason. I need to know how much - if anything - the former king and Brahim knows about Justin's departure. Something doesn't add up, and I need to know what!"

 

"I can probably find that out." Michael didn't doubt he could get Ben to confide in him. Despite any problems they may have been having in America, Ben adored him. In his own way, he loved Ben too... but he wasn't Brahim. No one ever could be. He looked at her suspiciously, uncertain of why she couldn't determine this on her own. "I don't know why you need me for this. I thought you had someone inside Brahim's home that was loyal to you."

 

Lindsay rolled her eyes. "I do... but you have a much better opportunity to gain this information." She affixed a stern and unrelenting gaze on her unwilling co-conspirator. "See that you don't let me down, Michael. I guarantee you one thing - I will know if you betray me... and I will act quickly."

 

"I won't." Michael swallowed grimly, realizing he had no other choice right now. He would find a way out of this alliance with her... it was just a question of how and when. "I'll be in touch. For now, you should probably stay away."

 

Nostrils flaring, Lindsay spat out, "I'll decide what I should or should not do! Don't forget - I will be watching you."

 

Ben's eyes narrowed in the distance as he watched Lindsay stepping from behind the hidden shrubbery. Why was she on the grounds? As far as he knew, she had no business here at the king's estate. He would need to inquire with Salah regarding that. He had come out in search of Michael, hoping they could have lunch together before he began interrogating the entire staff. It would be a long day and an even longer night. His mind pulled briefly to the job at hand and away from Lindsay's surprising appearance when he watched Michael stepping from behind the same shrubs that had hidden Lindsay from view. What was going on? He knew they had been sort of friendly in the past... but why would they meet so secretly?

 

Suddenly Ben realized many mysteries were surrounding his return home. His commitment to his country and his king were absolute. He would uncover every threat that placed either at risk. No matter what he discovered, he would maintain the honor and integrity of this kingdom. His eyes narrowed on Michael's suspicious departure from his hiding place, his resolve becoming even more complete. Something was amiss with his partner. Ben decided that would be the perfect place to start.

 


 

Brian paced back and forth in agitation, his present desire to be the first to speak to Raoul on his return... Yet his attention was distracted by the slamming of Justin's bathroom door and the water turned on not long ago. As angry as he was with his rebellious husband, another fact remained - he wanted him badly. It had been far too long since they had fucked. That wasn't resting comfortably with him right now. Brian wasn't built for such restraint - most especially, not regarding the man he not only desired feverishly, but loved as well. He wasn't certain he could resist going to him now. Brian knew he could have him. Hell, he could have any man. He reminded himself - this wasn't just any man. This was the man he loved, the man he had committed to spending the rest of his life with; Brian knew that pushing Justin into an intimacy he resisted right now probably wasn't in his best interest in winning him back... but he wasn't certain his body could follow the decisions his mind dictated.

 

He stepped out onto the porch, hoping to instill some patience in himself. Brian knew the more primitive urges he felt now would further alienate Justin should he move to express them now. As much as he wanted his husband - here and now - he found that outcome bitterly unpleasant. He had to resist. Once Justin finished his shower, he hoped his restraint would be better. Somehow he wasn't certain that would be the case. Justin seemed intent on provoking his anger, in every way possible. The foolish little blond thought that would cause him to push him away. Justin should know him better by now. He never let go of what belonged to him. Even though they had evolved into a loving relationship, the Brian of old viewed Justin as his. It was something he rarely voiced anymore. Brian knew Justin didn't always care for his extreme degree of possessiveness; yet, it was a variable they both knew to be true in their relationship. Brian couldn't see that changing - now or ever.

 

Brian gritted his teeth in anger at himself as he could see the water caressing Justin's body, much as he hungered to touch every inch of him. This thinking was only going to lead him into making disastrous mistakes. He couldn't turn off the images of Justin naked in the shower... much as he couldn't turn off the twitching of his cock as he thought of what he could be enjoying now. Brian moaned as the hot, island sun hit him. Perhaps coming outside to distance himself from Justin hadn't been his best of ideas. He felt heat and desire swelling within him no matter which direction his mind took him. Everything took him back to one place - he was here with Justin; despite their various problems, they were together. Not only were they together, but Justin was naked in the shower now. He wanted him. Not only that - he needed him.

 

"Fuck this," Brian snarled beneath his breath. Justin still loved him, he felt it when they spoke so heatedly earlier... not only that, Justin was in need too. His actions might push them back a step or two... but then again, it might make Justin realize the futility in resisting what they have together. He moved to the door, his mind made up. It was time to begin reclaiming what belonged to him. Justin would be angry, but the love and desire they shared would see them through that. His hand was opening the door when he heard Samuel shout out from the distance. Brian's back tensed in fury that he was to be interrupted once his mind was set on his course. Turning to face his guard, his expression etched in a mixture of impatience and fury, Brian snapped, "What is it?"

 

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Your Highness. I just wanted to relay to you - the houseboy is being transported back to the house now. He's very confused, but seemed pleased that he wasn't being tossed from the island." Samuel questioned the timing of his announcement, yet knew his duty to keep the king informed took priority over everything else.

 

A snarl twisted Brian's lips. Yes, he was quite certain Raoul was pleased to be remaining on the island. He foolishly thought he would get another chance to entice Justin. A cold light entered his eyes. He'd like to see him try. Suddenly, Brian found himself pleased that Justin enforced Raoul's return. Before they left this island, the amorous houseboy would more than understand his place - and in particular - know the consequences of touching what belonged to him. Raoul controlled his own destiny for a very small space of time. If he stepped out of line once more, he would find himself in a panther's unrelenting jaws. The primitive in him almost hoped Raoul stretched his boundaries. "Thank you, Samuel. I don't want him in the house until I give the order. I wish to spend some time alone with my husband."

 

Samuel didn't need to be told twice what that meant. He couldn't help thinking that wasn't what the king's husband wanted... but that wasn't his concern, nor was he foolish enough to get involved in that. "As you wish, Sir. Per your instructions, I have the guards positioned at various points on the island. I have instructed the remaining guards to maintain a distance unless you dictate otherwise."

 

"Excellent." Brian stepped inside the house, his footsteps quickening as he moved towards the bedroom and adjoining bathroom. If nothing else happened in there, one thing would be established to both of them - he would determine without any doubt if Justin's desire for him remained present. As he slipped into the bathroom, Brian slid out of his clothes, his eyes devouring the silhouette behind the glass door. He braced himself for the angry reception he would receive... but he knew only too well how anger could evolve into the most mind-altering of fucks - especially with this man. The lust that now controlled him was more than ready for that outcome.

 


 

Justin gasped in righteous indignation as the shower door slid open and the body he didn't want to look at slipped inside behind him. He gritted his teeth in fury - primarily at himself. On all counts, he was an unmitigated fool. He should have expected Brian to take to this tactic - this was textbook Brian Kinney at his best, and it was more often than not effective. He couldn't allow it to be this time. Alienating Brian was his only hope. A fleeting one at best, but the only one he had to pull free from this man and protect both him and his unborn child. Nothing was more important than that. When he felt Brian's hands settle on his shoulders, his back stiffened as he realized he must resist Brian now - all the while uncertain he could pull that off. Forcing his voice to maintain an indifferent, yet cold tone, Justin spoke - "I don't want you in here, Brian. Leave my shower and wait for me."

 

Brian slid up closer behind his husband, his hands kneading the tense shoulders; a needful groan emitted when his cock twitched as it brushed against the only home it any longer desired. He placed his mouth against Justin's neck, his lips opening on the hot, wet skin. "You don't mean that, Justin." Brian's voice was a mere rasp, the lust and need in him beyond palpable... he was burning out of control. "To be even more clear - right now you want to feel my cock hammering into your tight little ass. Convince me otherwise and I will leave."

 

Hope renewed, although Justin knew it to be false. There was no way Brian would give up that easily... and convincing him that he didn't want him would be the most unlikely of events. "L-leave? As in the island... and me - forever?"

 

Brian's hands tightened on Justin's shoulders as the fury overwhelmed him that Justin would persist in this foolishness - here and now. They were finally back together... and he wanted him so fucking much. He carefully spun his husband around to face him, making certain to maintain a firm grip to assure he didn't fall. Some elements would never change in their relationship... his protectiveness of his husband being high atop the list. As the water began to slice over both of them, Brian's eyes trailed up and down his beautiful blond; his eyes instantly homing in on Justin's enlarged organ, before he once again pierced the blue eyes that so beguiled him. "I will never leave you, Justin. I think you know that. These games you persist in playing only waste time and place my country more at risk."

 

"Games?" Justin snapped, willing his anger to overtake that of his aroused body. As it was - Justin found it to be a very fragile balance. "I am not playing games! This just isn't working out. You need to let me go."

 

A muscle ticked in Brian's jaw as he heard a catch forming in Justin's voice. He needed no further affirmation. Justin still wanted him - more than that, Justin still loved him. He would fight for him forever with that knowledge. And he didn't care how dirty he had to fight. All that mattered was keeping them together - exactly where they belonged. Never one to turn his back on an opportunity, Brian smashed his lips against the ones of the stunned and irrational blond, proceeding to devour him like there would be no tomorrow. His hands slid down to sink into the fleshy globes of Justin's ass, his mouth and hands relearning the body of the man that totally captivated him - heart, body, and soul.

 

Justin moaned as Brian's mouth took him with all the certainty the arrogant king possessed, his mind fighting a battle that his body was determined to make him lose. He gasped into Brian's mouth. "S-stop, Brian. This won't solve anything."

 

Brian placed his forehead against Justin's, his breathing coming in and out sharply. "Perhaps it won't... but it answers one thing. You still want me. As long as I know that - I will never let you go."

 

TBC