- Text Size +

 

Salah paced - back and forth - along the hallway directly across from Daphne's room; his nerves a jumbled mess as he waited for the doctor to exit the soon-to-be mom's room. "What's taking him so long?" he demanded in irritation - in his tormented mind, thinking it to be a long passage of time since the doctor had arrived.

 

Ben placed a comforting hand on the older man's shoulder. "Sire, it really hasn't been that long. I'm not an expert in these matters... but I think it takes time."

 

"It doesn't take long to let us know that she and the baby are doing fine!" Salah's face was red as he blustered in anger and worry. "Brahim needs to be here! I'm too old to be dealing with birthing any babies!"

 

A chuckle slipped past Ben's lips. "I doubt it will come to that, Your Highness." The very idea of the former king seeing to the task of delivering a baby filled him with amusement. Although he knew that Salah would do anything to ensure this baby had a safe passage into his or her new world, Ben couldn't imagine that being required.

 

"I am so glad you are finding my stress so amusing, Benjamin! You do realize that I have a heart condition? I am not a young man! This, compiled with the threats against this house, I can't handle much more!" Salah raged on; in his mind, he found his own words alien and repellent to his ears... but in his anxiety, he just couldn't seem to help himself. What was it about the arrival of a new baby that rendered the most rational men into mindless fools?

 

"I'm not amused, Sire." Ben lowered his voice to one of a reasonable tone. "Regarding the threats, we are doing all we can. And regarding your heart condition... I was under the impression that it was under control, and really not that much of an issue." He looked at this man of unbelievable honor and strength that he so admired, his eyes filling with concern. "Are you saying that's not the case?"

 

"Certainly not." Salah took a deep breath before releasing it. "Ignore my ramblings, Benjamin. I am deeply embarrassed by them."

 

Ben smiled at Salah. "Don't be embarrassed, Sire. These have been stressful times for you... and now with the baby coming, and your grandson not here, it is only natural that you have a breaking point."

 

"Such moments need to be private. I am performing Brahim's tasks in his absence. That needs to be done with efficiency and honor." Salah raised his head, stiffening his spine as complete awareness of his responsibilities fully assailed him.

 

"I think a brief lapse in such a moment would be overlooked, Your Highness." Ben looked up and down the hallway. "And I don't see anyone monitoring you at the moment."

 

Salah shook his head and laughed despite his own worry. "You've gotten a bit cheeky during your time in America. Brahim arrived with the same mentality."

 

Ben didn't say what was on his mind; as comfortable as he was with Salah, he wasn't certain how he would respond to any form of disrespect to his grandson and their king. In his mind, Brahim had always been arrogant... but he knew it came with his position. He just felt the present king went too far with it at times... but that wasn't his business and an opinion he wouldn't speak aloud. A warm smile on his lips, Ben returned, "It's good that we each have you to remind us of propriety."

 

Eyeing him sharply, Salah surprised Ben by releasing a jovial laugh. Patting him on his back, Salah praised him, "Spoken like a true diplomat. Perhaps greater things are meant for you, Benjamin."

 

"Not if it means me leaving my home again, Sire." No matter what the future held for him, and in particular, his relationship with Michael... he was home. He didn't ever want to say goodbye to his beloved homeland again.

 

"I am equally as pleased to have you home again, Ben." His eyes kept pulling to the bedroom door, mentally ordering it to open with word regarding Daphne's condition. If the doctor didn't appear soon, he would go in there himself. This was ridiculous, he thought. Surely it didn't take this long to know something! Anything at all would be acceptable right now.

 

Ben chuckled at his side, as always able to read the former king intuitively. "Don't do it. I'm sure everything is fine in there. If not, we would have heard that too. Just let the doctor do his job."

 

Salah nodded. He didn't really acquiesce so much in agreement... but more in knowing his hands were tied here. He didn't like that loss of power at all. "She will be fine. I know that. I would just feel better if Brahim and Justin were here."

 

"With the news you gave Brahim, I'm sure he'll be here soon." Ben frowned in thought for a moment. "Speaking of... the nurse was taken to your office. What should I do with her in the meantime while waiting for you to question her?"

 

"I'm not leaving Daphne's side until I know all is well. Have the guards take her to the prison. She can rot there with Michael in the meantime." His eyes were fierce when he spoke, "My family is all that matters now. They will stay where they are until Brahim dispenses his judgment."

 

Bowing his head, Ben hoped to hide the pain in his heart from his eyes. Despite the depth of Michael's betrayal, his heart still broke for him. He hated him, and yet a part of him still cared for him. Ben knew his torment had only begun again regarding Michael. "I'll see to her immediately."

 

Salah sighed as he watched Ben dejectedly moving away. "Ben, I'm sorry. I spoke of Michael not thinking. I realize how you feel about him... I just can't separate from what he's done - not only once, but yet again."

 

"Nor should you, Sire. He has committed treason, perhaps not to the same degree as Lindsay has... but he has betrayed both your family, but most of all - his honor. I don't think badly of you for your opinion." He turned to look at Salah with a question in his eyes. "What about Lindsay? Has she been captured yet?"

 

"No, and I am growing concerned about that. My police came up empty when they invaded her home." Salah inhaled and exhaled very slowly. "I fear the nurse contacted her and warned her. She could be anywhere."

 

"I'll make certain the guards at the entrances are on high alert. I can't imagine she would come here... but she is hard to predict." He smiled at the former king in what he hoped to be reassuring. "Don't worry. She can't hide indefinitely."

 

Salah recognized that... but his biggest fear was when and where the clearly deranged woman would appear. "Can you do one more thing for me?"

 

"Of course. Anything..."

 

"Contact the airport and see if Brahim's pilot filed a flight plan. He could be on the way now, or even landing soon. I'd like him to be transported here in the quickest manner possible." Salah knew he could do these things himself, but right now his entire concentration was on Daphne's well-being. "Have the helicopter on standby to fly him directly home if he is arriving soon."

 

"I'll get right on it, Sire." He moved back toward Salah, his hand reaching out to squeeze the older man's hand lightly. "This nightmare will be over soon... and you will have that precious great-grandchild to spoil. Focus on that. We will handle the rest."

 

Salah grasped Ben's hand tightly, pulling him forward into a warm embrace... one that was designed as reassurance for both of them. His voice thick with emotion, Salah spoke, "Thank you, Benjamin. Your loyalty to my family is duly noted... most especially how it comes at the expense of your own personal happiness."

 

Ben pulled back and looked at the man he would always view as his king. "Your Highness, I wish to lay this matter to rest right now. I stand by any decision either you or King Brahim makes regarding Michael's fate. He has not only betrayed the love we shared - or what I thought we shared - he has also become a traitor to both his king and country. My loyalty is to you. Always."

 

Astounded as always by Ben's uncommon loyalty, Salah was about to answer, when the door burst open from Daphne's room. The doctor sought and found them quickly. "Your Highness, I have news. Something I hadn't foreseen in my earlier exams."

 

Salah and Ben looked at each other anxiously, before Salah stepped forward. "What is it? Is something wrong with Daphne? The baby?"

 

The doctor released a hearty laugh. "Not at all, Sire. However, you might want to make some changes to the nursery while there's still time."

 

"Changes?" he asked warily.

 

"Indeed. It appears we've had a baby hiding all of this time... and it explains why Daphne put on so much weight for one so slight." Seeing that the two men were continuing to remain ignorant in their combined anxiety, the doctor became more clear. "Daphne is about to have twins."

 

Ben's eyes widened. Twins? Two baby Brahim's? He raised a hand to his head. One thing was for certain... he would have job security for a long time to come. He groaned as he thought of all the mischief and utter mayhem two children of King Brahim's would effect. This palace was undoubtedly about to become both boisterous and much more entertaining. He found himself looking forward to all the changes that faced them. "I- I'll get on the phone and see if I can get a message to Samuel, if not the king."

 

Salah's eyes were bulging out of his head as the doctor's announcement fully penetrated his senses. "Two babies... I just don't believe it. We have no history of twins." He pierced the doctor with a sharp gaze. "Are you absolutely certain?"

 

"Yes, Sire. I not only felt both of them, but I listened to both heartbeats." He gave the two stunned men a reassuring smile. "Mommy and babies are doing just fine. Now, I need to get back inside. I'll alert you as soon as I know more."

 

A bemused and self-satisfied smile on his face, Salah stared blankly at the closing door, before turning to face an equally shocked Ben. "I'll call Brahim myself; if I can't reach him, I'll contact Samuel. I can't wait to tell him the news!"

 

"He'll be surprised, that's for sure." Ben shook his head as they walked down toward Brahim's private office. As they entered, Ben placed the order regarding the nurse. "Take her to the prison. King Brahim will pass judgment when he returns."

 

Salah looked at the traitorous woman, anger and vengeance boiling inside of him. He reminded himself it wasn't his place to exact retribution; refraining from doing so was one of the most difficult things he had ever done. "I will give you one chance to save yourself. It won't save you from your king's judgment... but it could save your life. Tell me where Lindsay is, and I will ask Brahim to show you leniency." In one of the few times in his life, Salah knew his words were false. There could be no leniency extended to this woman. She had undoubtedly placed the snake on Daphne's bed. The one that could have killed her and the babies she was soon to deliver. There would be no coming back from that.

 

"I know nothing!" she spat.

 

"Then, you just sealed your fate..." Salah coldly expressed, his back turning on her to advance toward Brahim's desk.

 

As the guards pulled her away, Salah felt ice running up and down his spine at her final words to him. "She is much cleverer than any of you. None of you will find her... but she'll find you. Never doubt that!"

 


 

 

Brian's mouth ardently attacked Justin's skin. He started at the back of his neck; lips, tongue, and teeth equally engaging in his descent. Almost at once, his husband began to thrash on the bed; as his tongue made a scorching path down the center of his blond's back, his eyes lifted to see the sweat breaking out on Justin's neck and lower... while tension coiled in each of them. A primal smile twisted Brian's lips. At this moment, he felt like a conquering hero. He had back what mattered most to him. Justin. Always Justin. Despite this being a brief possession... there would be no mercy. As he listened to Justin's breathy moans and pants beneath him, Brian realized his husband wouldn't want any mercy.

 

Justin's cock twitched as he felt the familiar slide of Brian's tongue against his pucker. He was going out of his mind already... and they'd barely even started. He had known the preliminaries would be brief. A two-hour plane ride was far too short after the anguish they had each endured, and that painful separation. Some of the more frenzied couplings they had enjoyed in the past went on for hours, sometimes even long into the night. This would just take the edge off. As his hand reached down to clutch at his leaking dick, Justin's most fervent desire was to find some relief now.

 

His hand reached out to clasp tightly around Justin's arm. There wouldn't be any of that. Not this time. Brian's tongue reluctantly paused in his swiping at Justin's opening, only long enough to hiss, "Get your hand away from your cock - NOW. I told you already... you will cum from the feel of me eating your hot little ass. Nothing else!"

 

Groaning, yet remembering Brian's words only too well, Justin pleaded, "B-Brian... please. I am so fucking hard now. I need to cum."

 

"Well then, Sir Twat, I'd suggest you stop interrupting me... and let me finish!" Brian didn't give Justin time to think. In the next instant, his mouth dived in to fully acquire the meal long denied him. He growled as he acquired his full taste of the heady ambrosia he'd been craving. In his lifetime before Justin, he had very rarely extended this honor to another man; in this - he had been on the receiving end. Everything had changed with Justin. Rimming Justin had become nearly as pleasurable as fucking him. This enforced abstinence these past weeks was one he vowed would never happen again. Unable to deny himself his full treat, Brian stabbed his tongue deep into Justin's hole, his hands clenching around Justin's hips to lock them together more fully. Fuck, how he had missed this... and Justin's unhindered responses. It was so good to be back where they belonged.

 

Justin gasped as Brian's tongue sought and found the sweet spot that was desperate for the renewed connection. There wasn't a doubt in his mind, in fact, there never had been, that no man could make him feel as much as Brian did. That was one inescapable reality... one that he didn't intend trying to ever refute. His toes curled as Brian began to yank his hips onto the thrusting motion of his tongue. Brian's intentions were soon to be realized. As the stars appeared in Justin's eyes, he realized his release was just within reach. "B-Brian... please. W-want you inside me when it happens."

 

Pleas from Justin's lips never ceased to make his cock so hard that it hurt; as much as he wanted to carry out his original plan, Brian couldn't resist him. His own aching cock could only thank his husband for that choice. He didn't think he would ever be able to resist this man. Long ago, he'd given up trying. Brian slowly slid his tongue out, his hand reaching out to generously lube his cock. Thankfully, he had already loosened Justin up enough; there would be no need for any further delays. He moved his body upward, deliberately allowing his cock to slide across Justin's trembling legs, before it prodded at the opening he was aching to acquire anew. Brian opened his mouth against Justin's back, his lips sucking the skin into his mouth, as his cock moved to take possession.

 

Groans echoed against the walls simultaneously. They both needed this equally. The feel of raw fucking was something neither of them had fully adjusted to yet. Even though it had been a year now, still it was the most overwhelming feeling to enjoy that skin-on-skin contact. There was no such thing as enough.

 

"Y-yes..." Justin moaned, his back arching in rhythm with Brian's thrusts; he knew he wouldn't last as long as Brian. This time he didn't care. All that mattered was the feel of Brian inside of him. The pleasure and love swelling within him was immeasurable. This was life - here and now. He felt like he had truly come home. "W-won't last long..."

 

"Don't even try..." Brian growled into the heat of hot, and sweaty skin, his hips pounding into the tight and beautiful ass beneath him. "Fuck... I won't either." Brian panted and moaned as Justin's muscles tightened and gripped down on his cock; a resounding shout emitting from him as he shot deep into his trembling husband a few short moments later. He continued to rock his hips into Justin's, riding out the waves of this intense release, his hands smoothing up and down Justin's sides as every drop left him and moved inside this man he loved so intensely. He felt like an untried youth. It amazed, yet infuriated him, how he lost control so easily with Justin. Although it didn't happen all the time, there were times when he just couldn't hold back. This had definitely been one of those times.

 

Once Brian pulled free from him and rolled onto his back, Justin moved onto his side, a blissful smile on his face. Nothing was more sublime and perfect than the aftermath of making love with his husband. Brian might more often refer to it as fucking... but to him, and he thought to Brian as well - if only inwardly - it always equated to love. He was about to say as much, when a knock surprisingly fell on the cabin door. He looked at Brian in alarm. There was no way they would interrupt the king - here and now - unless something was very wrong.

 

Brian scowled, but immediately came to the same conclusion. He motioned for Justin to slide under the duvet, before he slid into his pants. Tersely he shouted out, "Come in."

 

Samuel flushed as he opened the door. He could only imagine his king's displeasure at this interruption. "I apologize, Your Majesty... but I have just received word from your grandfather..."

 

Immediately Brian interrupted. "What's wrong with Grandfather?"

 

Justin's eyes widened as fear overtook him as well. No, please don't let anything be wrong with Salah. He didn't know how he would ever comfort Brian in such an event. In fact, he didn't know how he would ever console himself.

 

"Your grandfather is fine. He has informed us that a helicopter will be waiting to transport you immediately home. It seems that Daphne has gone into labor." He waited for his news to set in before he finished what would undoubtedly be the most shocking news of all. "He also wanted you to know that Daphne is fine... but that the doctor just announced that she will be delivering twins."

 

"Twins..." Justin gasped. "That's incredible."

 

Brian groaned. "Two babies? I don't know how to handle one... but now - two!?"

 

Justin laughed and watched as Samuel averted his head to hide the amused smirk appearing on his normally stoic face. "You are going to be the best father in all of Brakania. But I will be there to help you." Justin snorted derisively. "That is if Salah even lets us near them."

 

"Grandfather will be in heaven." Brian continued to dress, pausing to ask his guard, "How long until we land?"

 

"The pilot said we'll be landing in about thirty-five minutes. He asked that you return to your seats shortly."

 

Brian nodded. He watched as Samuel retreated to give them privacy, before he gave his husband the cocky smirk that he knew infuriated him. "Twins... What else could be expected from my obviously superior sperm?"

 

Justin groaned. "God. I hope they have some of Daphne's characteristics... and not all of your kingly arrogance!"

 

"Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough."

 

Justin beamed as he looked at his husband. "I guess we will, Dad. I guess we will..."

 

TBC