- Text Size +

 

 

Brian's eyes savagely bit into the overzealous club boy that had just burst into his office without being announced. No one made such a brash attempt to see him; that is, not one that expected to live through the experience. Analytically, Brian assessed him. He could have already tossed him out, or done much worse; however, he would give him the gift of hearing his pitch. Rarely did he handle such tedious aspects of business. He would make an exception in the face of such brave, and uncommon initiative. Not to mention, this particular interruption was pleasant enough to look at; Brian decided he could be generous and give him a few minutes of his time.

 

"I realize I don't have an appointment, Mr. Kinney; however, I was hoping you would hear me out..." Brandon delivered his most appealing smile, he intended to display far more confidence than he actually felt.

 

Arching a brow at his continued presumptuousness, Brian acidly replied, "I'm a very busy man. My schedule allows little room for negotiation." He glanced at his watch, knowing he had all the time he wanted, yet, he still played the game. These beggars that continuously came to him for help were contemptuous to him. He only dealt with them due to how much he financially profited from them. In addition to that - he had a reputation to uphold. He didn't help anyone unless something was in it for him. His empire was already immense; Brian knew he had to stay on top of his organization in order to maintain that level of living. Mistakes were not an option in his world. One mistake could cost him his empire... and his life. Brian was already meticulous in making certain that mistakes never occurred, and if they did - he knew precisely how to make them right. No matter the consequences - he always won.

 

"I just need a few minutes of your time. One of your managers said I would need to contact you in order to acquire this size of a loan. My efforts to reach you have gone unanswered..." Brandon realized that a smart man would have taken that as rejection, and moved on. He couldn't do that. He was so close to realizing his dream. All he needed was a little extra cash flow to cement that. The rates at which he would be required to repay the loan weren't overly pleasant to him; however, his options were limited, as was the time he had to acquire the funds. Desperation had already set in.

 

"I'm aware of your loan request." Brian's eyes slid over the man that remained standing, his eyes judging the value of every inch of him. Brian found him appealing enough, in fact, more than fuckable. However, that didn't mean he wanted to do business with him. He found himself thinking it would be a shame to have to bruise or maim his pretty-boy face. "Sadly, at least for you, I find the collateral you offer to be lacking..."

 

Bravely, Brandon moved forward. He wasn't about to back down. Stepping into the lion's den had been dangerous enough; to do so without any confidence would be suicidal. Brandon knew he was many things, but actively seeking death was not one of them. A sultry smile curved his lips. It was a smile that typically got him anything he wanted. As he utilized it on this ice-infested man, all he could see was mockery. Brandon didn't realize at the time that he might see something else had he looked a bit deeper. Provocatively, he whispered, "I'm sure there is something I could do to make it more appealing." When he noticed Brian's eyes watching his lips as he spoke, Brandon deliberately amended, "The collateral, of course."

 

"Of course..." Brian purred silkily. "We'll get back to that in a minute." Brian motioned to the seat across from his desk. "Have a seat. You've caught my attention enough to warrant a listen. I would suggest that you use the time wisely..."

 

"Oh, I intend to, Mr. Kinney." Brandon took the offered seat, exhilarated in the knowledge that he now had a reason for hope. In fact, this was the first sign of the impossible. Failure was an option he didn't want to entertain. He had another backer that would supplement him; however, that wasn't a workable partnership. With Brian, it would all be about the bottom line. Repay his debt and it would be canceled. That wouldn't be the case with Gary Sapperstein. There wasn't a chance in hell he would align himself with him. "As I stated in my meeting with one of your associates, I have raised half of the money I need to buy the club, do the renovations, and get off to a promising start. I am running out of time to close the deal."

 

Brian watched him blandly, not a flicker of compassion in his eyes. "How unfortunate for you."

 

Brandon forged ahead, knowing sarcasm, and cryptic quips would be part of this impromptu meeting. "The location is great, and I have owned a small bar before; I know I can make this club a success."

 

There wasn't a doubt in Brian's mind that Brandon could make a successful nightclub, most especially, one committed to the gay community. Brandon was well sought out on Liberty Avenue. He had a reputation similar to his own in that respect. That wasn't what concerned him. Brandon's possible ulterior motives did. "It surprises me that you don't ask your big brother for assistance. I'm sure he would issue it... and without the fees that I would attach; not to mention the risk of reprisals should you fail to make your payments on time."

 

He couldn't keep the look of surprise from his face. His unfortunate connection to Gary Sapperstein had been one that he had tried to keep hidden ever since moving to Pittsburgh. "I didn't realize that had become common knowledge. I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear that."

 

"I can imagine it does close many doors to you." Brian's voice was snide in how rude his response had sounded. "I don't believe it's common knowledge. Let's just say that I make a point of knowing everything about someone who comes to me for such a substantial loan. I am not a man who likes surprises." His voice was filled with icy menace, when he whispered, "It's always a good idea to keep that in mind."

 

Brandon stood to his feet. He saw no further reason to prolong this interview. "Mr. Kinney, I seem to have wasted your time. I apologize for that."

 

"Sit your ass back down!" Brian hissed. "I say when a meeting is over!"

 

Becoming much more nervous, Brandon hastily returned to his seat. This man was deadly; each moment that passed he realized how fortunate he was to have survived this long in his presence - most especially after how inappropriately he had initiated it. "I just assumed we were finished... now that you know of my connection to Gary."

 

"You were a fool to think I wouldn't have known!" Brian snarled, his eyes glowing darker now. "Nothing slips past my attention in my town. You would be wise to remember that!" Forcing himself to temper his anger, Brian shortly demanded, "Why didn't you approach your brother with this request?"

 

Brandon could see no reason not to be completely honest. The truth of the matter was - Brian Kinney would see through any subterfuge, lying to him was quite pointless. "For one, my club will be in your region. While I understand it doesn't prohibit my brother from being a backer, I realize it could escalate the war between you. I didn't want to do that."

 

"I'm touched that you thought of my personal well-being," Brian snidely responded. He didn't buy that for the real reason for one solitary moment. It was undoubtedly part of it, but it wasn't the primary one. "Now, let's have the real reason. And do so quickly. My patience is wearing very thin..."

 

"My brother's terms are not acceptable to me, and of course, for him they are non-negotiable. I want to run a business that isn't tarnished either by his presence or money."

 

"I'm assuming that dear, big brother demanded a share of your nightclub, in addition to sizable payments." Brian was well aware of the Sap's business ethics. He understood that it was another way to line his pockets, but it wasn't how he did business. The interest he gained from the loan was enough for him. He had far too many businesses in his pocket, and ones to watch over to continuously add on more. As he examined Brandon closely, Brian found it easy to discern he was being candid. Sapperstein would be livid when he provided the funds to enable his brother to strike out on his own. "Your brother is going to be most displeased." Brian laughed as he thought of how much this would further incite their not-so-private war.

 

Brandon's eyes widened. He couldn't have possibly heard what he thought he just had. "Do you mean it? Are you going to loan me the money?"

 

"One of my men will drop the cash off to you before the end of the day." Brian's eyes were glacial, his entire demeanor displaying his mind was all on the business at hand. "Let me advise you that it isn't wise to cheat me, or try to double-cross me in any way. Your brother's position in the hierarchy of organized crime won't save you from what I will bring down on you."

 

Swallowing tremulously, Brandon hoped he knew what he was doing. He hadn't doubted it for a single moment, that was, not until facing the threats from the mouth of this man that he knew would carry them out to the letter. "I-I promise, Mr. Kinney. I won't let you down. This club is my dream. Finally, I have the opportunity to succeed on my own... and Gary won't be able to do anything to stop me."

 

Brian rolled his eyes. "I know you aren't naïve enough to believe that he won't attempt to fuck you up. He will try to sabotage you; in particular, once he realizes that your club is not only in my territory, but funded by me too."

 

"I know he'll be angry, but he hasn't left me any other alternative. The bottom line is this, Mr. Kinney, my club will be a success, and you will get your money back. I promise you that!"

 

"Oh, I know I will." Brian's eyes slid over the man that was now beholden to him, and effectively under his thumb until the debt was paid. He would see a substantial profit on his investment, along with a fringe benefit or two along the way. "In fact, I can think of an appropriate dividend to get us off to a promising start."

 

Brandon licked his lips, a slow smile curving them. He knew exactly what Brian had in mind, and in the case of this man, he knew he wouldn't find it a hardship at all. "It would be my pleasure, Sir, to show you exactly how grateful I am for your generosity."

 

"Lock the door and show me what you can do." Brian watched as Brandon sauntered over to do as he was told, all in all, finding himself immensely pleased with this unexpected meeting. Not only would he be getting his dick sucked by a hot blond that was well sought out on Liberty Ave, but he was also sticking it to Gary Sapperstein in another way. In addition to that, the Taylor men would be standing before him soon.

 

Yes, to the man that made his own rules, and forced others to adhere to them - this was a very good day.

 


 

Justin glared at the man that had all but thrown him into the back seat of the car next to his father. His eyes narrowed when his father averted his gaze. "Dad? Do you know what's going on here? Who are these fucking men?"

 

"Why don't you just keep your fucking mouth shut until you are told to open it..." the bullying man spat out as he took a seat next to Justin, making certain he scooted in as close to him as possible.

 

Displaying no fear whatsoever, Justin turned again to confront his father. "Again... who the fuck are these men?"

 

"It's a long story, Justin, and I'm sorry you are being brought into it." Craig looked toward the man in the front seat, his voice imploring when he spoke, "Please... My son has nothing to do with this. Let him out. I promise he won't say a word."

 

"Like hell!" Justin spat out. "I can see a whole list of charges amassed here - kidnapping, assault, harassment. It goes on and on."

 

Kip reached out to slap Justin viciously across the face. "I already told you to shut the hell up. From my vantage point, there's only one use for that arrogant mouth of yours. Perhaps I should lower my zipper and you can choke on my cock!"

 

"Fuck you, asshole!" Justin stormed back, unrelenting in his resistance, despite his father's groan of dismay beside him.

 

Jackson had never been more relieved to reach the turn-off that would end Kip's part of their journey. How he had always hated working with him. The boy was aggressive when restraint was more prudent, and his coercion tactics were never utilized on the right men, or even at the most appropriate of times. He was a waste and a threat to his employer's organization. A hit had never been more eagerly anticipated than this one. "Park the car," he clipped out to the driver; Jackson looked in the rearview mirror to see his clean-up crew slowly advancing with their supplies in hand.

 

"Why are we stopping?" Kip asked, his attention momentarily pulling from Justin's much-needed lesson. He looked over his shoulder as the men wearing dark glasses approached, the bags they carried telling him even more clearly what was about to happen. "B-but... Mr. Kinney gave me another chance, Jackson. I swear he did."

 

"Step out of the car, Kip. Trust me when I say you want this to be done quickly..."

 

Justin's eyes bulged even wider as he watched the odious man being pulled from the back of the black sedan, his gaze turning to his father's pale face once more, accusation and fear in his voice. "D-Dad? What have you done? T-these men are mafia, aren't they?"

 

Craig leaned his head back on the seat, not even flinching when he watched the man named Kip being dragged away, the gun raised to his temple and fired three times consecutively. "I'm afraid so, Justin." Unshed tears pooled in his eyes as he looked at the horror in his son's eyes. "I'm so sorry, Justin. So very sorry."

 

TBC