- Text Size +

 

Craig maintained a blank expression on his face, neither confirming nor denying Justin's statement. Justin's words weren't what concerned him most. His son's attitude and blatant disrespect for this man he was so massively indebted to was deeply disturbing. The gangster seemed amused at times by Justin's unexpected behavior, but he knew from his own experience - that Kinney's temperament could change instantly. When that happened, Justin would be in grave danger. "S-Sir..." Craig attempted again. "I really don't see how such an arrangement is appropriate. The debt is mine to honor. My son has no business even being here."

 

"This has been resolved, Taylor. I would like to thank you NOT to interfere in my decisions again." Brian's eyes iced over as they looked at the offensive Craig Taylor. Perhaps his son's presence had given the older Taylor a set of balls he'd never possessed before. Regardless of that, he was quite ready to be finished with his participation in this meeting. "Now, I think it's time for you to go."

 

Justin remained still and unresponsive. There wasn't a doubt that he wasn't being included in the leaving process. Determined not to back down, or give an inch, Justin prepared to dig in deeper. "No response to my statement, Mr. Kinney? Perhaps your plans have changed now?"

 

"Perhaps you shouldn't over-think your little blond head too much. I will tell you if my plans change." Brian's emotionless eyes slid over the far too confident young man. His cockiness and outspokenness would change soon enough. He would definitely be seeing to that. "They are far from changed. In fact, they are only becoming more interesting..." Brian walked over to his desk, with one jab he pressed the button that had Jackson immediately materializing into the closed room.

 

"Did you need me, Sir?" Jackson queried, his eyes looking accusingly at both father and son.

 

Nodding, Brian told him, "You may take Mr. Taylor home. We have reached an agreement."

 

Jackson hadn't missed the singular in that statement. One would assume it would be the younger Taylor to return, but he was quite certain that wasn't the case here. "As you wish, Sir. Taken home... and nothing else?"

 

Brian looked at Craig, a shark-like smile curving his lips. "Yes, Jackson. Simply a ride, at least for now." His attention returned to Justin, a measured look in his gaze. "A great deal hinges on young Mr. Taylor's value; I have a feeling he will live up to my expectations."

 

Ignoring the last part, Justin prepared to ask the question he already knew the answer to - still, he intended to try; at the very least to soothe his father's peace of mind. "May I say goodbye to my father in private?"

 

Craig looked hopefully toward the menacing gangster; although, he was under no illusions of Justin's request being granted. Displaying any form of human emotion wasn't in Brian Kinney's code of conduct. That alone was enough for him to know Justin's request would be refused.

 

"I have made all the concessions I intend to make today; in fact, I've already made far more than I ever make." Brian's nostrils flared as they slid over Craig Taylor in contempt. The fiery little blond was the only thing that was saving the elder Taylor from a fate similar to the one Kip had just faced. At this moment, it wasn't appearing as if it would be a worthwhile sacrifice, but he would make it one. One way or another, he would receive compensation for Craig Taylor's debt. "You have two minutes to say goodbye..."

 

"How generous..." Justin sneered, his stormy blue eyes meeting the outraged ones of the man that held their very lives in his hands. Ignoring the shocked gasp of the career criminal's primary henchman, Justin moved toward his father. "I won't waste our limited time bickering with the 'exalted' one."

 

"Justin," Craig whispered warningly. Justin's continued defiance worried him more than anything. "Try to tone it down, please. You can't be so rebellious here... most especially not with him."

 

Brian chuckled from behind him. "I'd listen to your father, Justin. It might be wise of you to be more accommodating..."

 

"Do you mind!?" Justin snapped, before glaring back at the offensive man. "You give me two minutes, and yet you interrupt us!"

 

His eyes connecting with Jackson's to keep him from charging on Justin, he coldly interjected, "Time is still ticking, Mr. Taylor. I'd advise you to speed things along."

 

Fuck! What an ass, Justin thought to himself. He was out of his mind throwing himself into this, but what choice did he really have? His father wouldn't last five minutes trapped with this man, and his mother would be devastated. This course of action had been his only option. Forcing himself to ignore the man that he knew to be purposely trying to agitate him, Justin turned back to his father, an enforced calm in him as he spoke, "I'll be fine, Dad. I don't want you to worry about me... and make sure Mom doesn't either."

 

"I'll try." Craig looked down, and away from his son's watchful eyes, unable to look into them in the knowledge of the life he forced Justin into with his own poor decisions. "I-I can't thank you enough, Justin. If not for your help, I'd most likely be..."

 

"Dead..." Brian clipped out drolly. "Okay, gentlemen. Time is up."

 

"Let's go, Taylor." Jackson grasped Craig Taylor's arm, gently, yet firmly urging him to the door, not a doubt in anyone's mind that he was committed to following his employer's wishes to the very letter.

 

Justin watched as his defeated father was escorted from the room, quickly pivoting on his feet once his father was on the other side of the closed door. "You are heartless, Mr. Kinney. You got what you wanted... and yet you have to instill further fear in my father."

 

Brian moved closer to the beautiful blond boy. He found himself more than perplexed by this young man. His beauty was nearly unparalleled. The fascinating part to him was that it wasn't merely just the reality of an immensely hot body; although Justin Taylor had that nailed in spades - it was so much more. The boy's stubbornness and tenacious attitude added another dimension to his overall appeal. Brian had never wanted to possess a man so badly in his life. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that it would happen. Everything he desired was his for the taking; it was the way of his world. This rebellious blond would be no different. "Sit down," Brian growled. "We have much to discuss."

 

Glaring the entire time he walked, Justin took a seat on the leather sofa, his entire body stiff and unyielding as the dangerous man approached. He knew he had to keep his wits about him. That he felt fear was a given, but he couldn't overtly display that. Justin knew that would be disastrous in the case of this man. Raising a mocking eyebrow, Justin taunted, "My declaration kind of changes your plans - whether you admit it or not. So sorry I've proven disappointing to you..."

 

Taking a seat on the other end of the sofa, Brian watched his prey with an all-knowing eye. He wasn't fooled for a minute by Justin's ridiculous assertion; however, he wasn't going to force the issue quite yet. This game of cat-and-mouse amused him for some unknown reason. He would play it a while longer. "I am very skilled at reading men, Justin. It is what I do; in fact, often, that ability is a life-and-death situation. Your words do not sway me in the slightest - nor do I believe them."

 

"You don't believe me?" Justin repeated. "How about I call my girlfriend and we can go on a double date. Will that be convincing enough for you?"

 

Brian visibly shuddered. "I don't do dates. And that wouldn't prove a damned thing. We both know you could probably find a girl to support your claim. It doesn't make it true."

 

"Whatever..." Justin grumbled, unwilling to admit to it being a lie, nor wanting to prolong the discussion further. "What's the plan, then? I'm here because my father owes you fifty thousand dollars. What kind of work are you expecting me to do?"

 

"I had thought of putting you to work in one of my clubs." Brian's eyes smoldered as they swept over the seemingly disinterested blond. "There's no doubt of you being a much-appreciated attraction."

 

Justin eyed the gangster warily. "If you're thinking of pimping me out - forget that! I fuck who I want."

 

"Anyone that is 'pimped out', as you so eloquently phrase it, is in that life willingly. However, no, as much as I know that would line my pockets... I don't want to do that." Brian knew without a doubt he didn't want another man tapping into Justin's hot little ass - at least, not until he'd taken his fill of it. After that, he wouldn't rule out the idea.

 

"Saving me for yourself?" Justin sneered. "How sweet... and such a waste of time. I will never let you touch me, Mr. Kinney. The idea fills me with revulsion!"

 

"Revulsion?" Brian hissed. Fuck no, Brian thought to himself. This mouthy little fucker was about to learn his place. He wasn't going to tolerate this degree of insolence any longer. In actuality, he couldn't allow it to go on. Heard by the wrong men, this could be disastrous for him. His eyes lingered on the blond's lips, rage and lust essentially consuming him now. "I think it's time to disprove that. Not only will you be working for me in whatever capacity I require... you'll be servicing me with that poisonous little mouth. Then, you will more than understand your place..."

 

Justin's eyes widened as he watched Brian moving closer. He had pushed him too far, and he was about to pay for that. He needed to think fast... but as the looming, and determined man neared, his mind was blank of any viable solution. "Stop..." Justin protested. "I-I don't want this with you. I've been more than clear about that."

 

"You have." Brian nodded his head as he gave the matter some thought. "I don't buy the act, though. To my way of thinking, there's only one way to test the theory. I'm all about doing that now..." Brian moved in closer, his intentions very clear. He would have the boy squirming beneath him - then, he would have his answers. Grasping his arm tightly, preparing to pull him into his arms, Brian cursed when his phone began to ring. "Fuck!" He moved to his desk, his eyes stabbing into Justin before he picked up the phone. "Don't get too comfortable. It's only a reprieve. A temporary one at that..."

 

Justin didn't doubt that for a minute; however, he would take any he could get right now. He could only be stalling the inevitable, but he would do that; at least, until he found a way out of this mess - for him and his father.

 

"Kinney," he barked into the phone.

 

"Am I disturbing you?" the voice grated. "I am so sorry to upset your day."

 

Brian felt a different kind of rage sweltering within him now. It was a hatred reserved only for an enemy; there wasn't a doubt that was the case here. "Well, well. I've been expecting this call - although, very ill-timed that it is."

 

"You've gone too far this time, Kinney." Gary Sapperstein felt his face flushing red in his anger. He would make him pay for this. No matter how long it took, or what he had to do - Kinney would suffer for this outrage. "My family is now sullied by your name and money. I will see that you answer for this!"

 

An evil laugh was Brian's response, his eyes still eating up the blond waiting on his couch. The poor boy had no clue what was in store for him. Rage only increased his lust on all levels. This call might have appeared as his salvation, but Brian knew it would be anything but that. "If it's a war you want, Sapperstein, I'm more than willing to oblige."

 

"You've already initiated it." His breathing irregular, Sapperstein spat out, "I will destroy you, Kinney. Everything you have will be mine."

 

Brian wasn't the least bit concerned. This war had been escalating for years. Perhaps it was time to bring it to a conclusion. "Bring it on, Sap; that is if you really have such a death wish." Brian had no intention of wasting his time with this man further... he had far more interesting endeavors in mind. "Oh, by the way, do remind baby brother what happens if payments aren't made on time."

 

"Fuck you!" Gary snarled into the mouthpiece. "I'll buy the contract. Name a price and I'll pay it."

 

"I'm afraid that particular contract isn't for sale. Not at any price... Now, I have things to do." Brian smiled as Sapperstein began to sputter with more curses and threats. "I'm sure we'll be seeing each other soon."

 

Replacing the phone, Brian returned to a more apprehensive Justin. "Now, tell me, little pet, precisely where were we?"

 

TBC