- Text Size +

 

Justin looked at the man that gave every indication of being one of the casino managers - his impatience and disbelief continuing to mount. It didn't occur to him that Brian Kinney, aka the owner of The Optimus, was too busy to handle a matter of personal business privately; all that currently mattered to him was concluding this and getting out of here. In Justin's mind, this manager was only holding him up from that precise goal. All he wanted to do was hand-deliver this envelope to Brian Kinney. Was it really so much to ask?

 

"Listen, I only need a few minutes of Mr. Kinney's time. Surely he has that much time?" Justin muttered in exasperation.

 

"Young man, Mr. Kinney is a very busy man. In case it has slipped your notice - this is a fully operational and staffed Las Vegas casino. As the owner, Mr. Kinney has many responsibilities. He doesn't have time for unscheduled disturbances," the cage manager gruffly told him, continuing to state his case.

 

"I got this, Riley." Ben looked down at the agitated young man, his youth surprising him on closer inspection. From the surveillance camera, he carried himself with finesse and confidence. He didn't think the boy could be much past twenty-one years of age. "Sir, I need you to come with me, please."

 

"Who are you?" Justin countered belligerently. "If you're not Brian Kinney, then there's nothing you can do for me."

 

Ben's eyebrows shot up immediately, his initial perception quickly tossed aside. His initial thought had been of Brian chewing this blond up like a piece of chewy, tender meat... spitting him out when he'd absorbed enough. This boy had guts coming in here so brazenly. Of course, he would be no match for an incensed and determined Brian, but his fate wasn't completely hopeless. At least, not yet. "No, I am not Brian, but I can probably assist you."

 

"No. You can't." Justin's gaze took in the bodies moving around, instinctively knowing that none of them was the man he sought. "I have personal business with Mr. Kinney. A go-between won't work for me."

 

"Sir, Mr. Kinney is a very busy man." He knew he could have just told the boy that Brian was on the way down to meet with him, but he also thought stirring him up would help them learn more about his supposed business at The Optimus. As head of security, that was all that mattered to him.

 

Justin released a belabored sigh. "I get that. I don't want much of his time."

 

"Very well. How about we step to the side, then? Our little chat is drawing a great deal of attention." Ben glanced over at the elevator, wondering what was taking Brian so long. His only answer was that his boss was examining both the blond and the situation a bit closer.

 

Flushing guiltily, Justin nodded. "It isn't my intention to cause a disruption."

 

"Good to know." A deep voice sounded from behind the anxious blond. "I don't appreciate disruptions, no matter if they're given by such an attractive little piece."

 

Justin whirled to face the drawling voice. He had no reason to expect it, but he knew this man had to be the nefarious Brian Kinney. Once he looked into blazing hazel eyes, Justin immediately decided a poker face was required. Fuck. Was this man real? He was on all counts the most gorgeous specimen of a man he'd ever seen. Justin quickly deduced that would remain the case. No man could possibly rival this man. Unfortunately, the beauty of the man was accompanied by flaws. One look into those cold eyes made that fact blatantly obvious. This man was a predator, immoral to his very soul. Justin reminded himself of his purpose here. This man was a threat to his mother until this matter was resolved. As he looked into the cold, yet burning eyes, he realized no man had ever been more of a threat - and in a multitude of ways.

 

"I am not a piece of anything!" Justin snapped, refusing to allow this man to intimidate him, despite knowing the power the man possessed.

 

Brian's eyes moved over the hot-headed blond... his lust now palpable, and rising each passing moment. Fuck, he's hot, Brian thought. The view he'd enjoyed on his monitors hadn't done him justice. He was undoubtedly the hottest little thing he'd found in a very long time - if ever. He had to have him. Now. "That's debatable," Brian purred hoarsely. "Come with me, boy. Your actions are creating a spectacle... and that is not the impression we seek here at The Optimus."

 

"Of course not," Justin rallied with a sneer. "That would discourage your customers from risking and losing their life savings... all to line your pockets."

 

"Listen here, little boy..." Brian snarled, his eyes switching from lust-blown to angry in an instant. "We will discuss this privately. You have two choices..."

 

Justin glared at the gorgeous man that took a step closer, his breath momentarily lodging in his throat. "I'm sure I won't like the choices. And my name is not boy!"

 

Ben stepped forward, his eyes moving around apprehensively, watching as the three of them were being watched both near and far. "Uhhh, Brian. Perhaps I should just escort this young man out..."

 

Brian's eyes sliced towards his head of security. "No. I've got this under control, Ben. You can return to the surveillance room."

 

"If you say so, boss. Call if you need me."

 

Nodding, Brian gave Ben a mere passing glance as he watched him doing as he was told, his attention affixed on the blond. Brian reached out, trailing his hand down the blond's cheek, his cock growing as he felt the soft skin, intending to feel every expanse of that soft skin... and soon. His eyes narrowed as the boy jerked his head backwards, the aversion to his touch more than apparent. "The little boy doesn't like to be touched? I'm sure I can change that..."

 

"Mr. Kinney, can we get down to business, please?" Justin replied in a bored tone, forcing his eyes to maintain eye contact with the immensely powerful man.

 

Brian looked his fill of the young blond, not a doubt in his mind - whatever the boy was selling, he was unequivocally buying. He took another step closer, a proximity that would alarm most men. His eyes fell to the full lips that couldn't hold back a slight quiver. Gotcha, Brian thought to himself. As if there had ever been any doubt. "Come to my office." He viewed the blond's hesitant response, thrilling to the feeling of having this boy so unbalanced. "It is the appropriate setting for conducting business. Don't you agree?"

 

Justin nodded, his eyes watching the other man warily. "I suppose so."

 

A deft flick of his wrist followed. Brian maintained a marginal distance from his prey as they entered the elevator. The last thing he wanted was to cause this one to go running off into the night. Once he had him trapped within his office... in his private upper level, the power completely reverted to him. As the door closed them off from the rest of the casino, Brian watched him intently. "So, your name isn't boy. How about you tell me what it is? A first name will do for starters."

 

"Justin. I guess I forgot to introduce myself in all the excitement," Justin admitted, cursing himself for looking up at that precise moment and falling into the scorching heat in Brian's eyes.

 

Brian smiled at Justin, hunger sharpening his already intense gaze. He moved closer so they were almost touching within the ascending unit. "Excitement? It could be even more so, Justin."

 

A sudden gasp followed as the understanding of Brian's attentions fully assailed him. He had known Brian was coming on to him downstairs, but there was nothing casual about his manner now. The casino owner wanted him. Justin felt his breathing quicken as he imagined what it would be like to experience a night in this man's bed. No, he told himself. That cannot be. They were virtually enemies. Brian Kinney was a threat to his family - whereas his father could fend for himself, his mother could not and should not. He couldn't allow himself to be distracted by Brian's vast and overwhelming charms.

 

Justin bit at his lower lip as he watched Brian move closer, knowing he had to stop this - now. "Uhhh, I'm flattered by the interest, Mr. Kinney. Truly I am."

 

Brian arched a brow in astonishment. "I feel a ‘but' in there somewhere."

 

"Yeah. I didn't come here for that. I am only here to conduct my business with you, then I am heading straight back home."

 

"How disappointing," Brian murmured, his eyes hot on the luscious lips he intended to devour. Brian tapped at the side of his cheek as he considered his prey thoughtfully. "I don't do disappointment well. Everything about the entire concept is abhorrent to me... and goes against my very way of life."

 

Justin rolled his eyes, stepping out of the elevator that to his amazement opened up directly into what he assumed to be the casino owner's office. As it closed behind them, Justin's eyes widened as he watched Brian turn a key into it... to his dismay realizing it would probably only open again by reversing the same process. "It's the mark of a civilized man to know that he can't have everything his way."

 

Brian laughed mockingly. "Fuck civilized. I live as I want." He moved behind his desk, glancing at the monitors briefly before switching them off. He didn't want any distractions for the rest of the night. Brian had a feeling his encounter with this beautiful blond would go deep into the night, perhaps even into the morning. His eyes moved over the blond that stood hesitantly by the now locked elevator that was his only clear avenue of escape. "I do what I want - no exceptions."

 

"How nice for you," Justin drawled, forcing himself not to lose his patience with this controlling and all too arrogant man. "This won't take long, Mr. Kinney."

 

"I think you're mistaken, Justin. It's my belief our dalliance will take long into the night..." Brian growled, moving from behind his desk and toward his well-stocked bar, pouring a generous amount of Beam into a glass. He looked at Justin inquiringly. "Can I get you something, Justin?"

 

Justin shook his head, unable to take his eyes off Brian's lithe motions. "No, thanks." He quivered a bit inside as he watched him. This man was overwhelming in every possible way. He could see why the weaker man in his father would be afraid to come to him. Swallowing nervously, he watched as Brian lifted the glass to his lips, downing it in one swallow - the muscles in his throat completely mesmerizing him. As Brian was pouring another drink, Justin moved to the chair across from Brian's desk, hoping the unsettling brunet would take it as a hint to go back behind his desk and allow them to proceed professionally.

 

Brian moved behind his desk, tapering his pouncing instincts for the moment, intuitively sensing that the blond did have a business matter to approach with him. He wasn't concerned with the blond's on-off nervousness with him. In his world fear was a valuable commodity... one that he needed to exploit to survive. In the case of this enticing package, he knew precisely how to best exploit him. Taking a smaller sip of the burning alcohol, Brian observed him closely. "Let's dispense with business... then, we can move on to more pleasant matters."

 

A snort was the response. "There won't be any pleasant matters. And in a few moments, I think your desire will be much reduced."

 

"I don't see how anything will displace my desire for you, Justin." Brian leaned forward until his chest was against his desk, his eyes drilling into Justin's as he spoke. "Now again, let's hear it. Stalling is not one of my games of choice."

 

Justin nodded, finding he couldn't agree more. He wanted this matter resolved now. Brian unnerved him in every possible way. He pulled the folded envelope from the inside of his pocket, dropping it onto Brian's desk without delay. "I think you'll find your answer inside that envelope."

 

Brian's eyes flicked to it, then back at the blond staring expectantly at him. He quirked an eyebrow, before he drolly spoke, "Being that you're sitting there so calmly, I am assuming I don't need to have it checked for explosives."

 

"Wow. I'm sorry you live in a world where such a thought comes to mind," Justin answered, his jaw dropping open in astonishment.

 

"I have many enemies, Justin. You would be the perfect choice for one of them to send to catch me off guard." His eyes narrowed on Justin sharply. "A fact that I would be a fool not to consider. I am many things, dear boy. A fool is not one of them."

 

Looking around at the opulent lifestyle Brian possessed, he didn't doubt that for a moment. "I'm not here to do you any personal harm. In fact, I am here to help you - in a manner of speaking. Open the envelope, Mr. Kinney. There should be a check, along with a letter... which I assume contains a payment schedule."

 

Brian frowned, becoming more and more curious. "I don't recall you being indebted to me. In fact, in your case, I think I would have established another sort of payment arrangement."

 

Justin laughed. "If you do that with every man that strikes your fancy, you will lose your fortune quickly."

 

Opening the envelope, Brian's eyes coldly registered on the signature on the check. His lips twisted viciously as he spat out, "Craig Taylor. Well isn't this interesting..." He looked up at Justin's impassive expression, asking him between clenched teeth, "Who are you to this man?"

 

He swallowed deeply, at once wondering exactly what he had walked into. Brian seemed more upset with his father than a couple of late payments. What the fuck was really going on here... and did his father know how Brian would react when he'd sent him here? "He's my father."

 

Brian's head reared back as laughter erupted. "This is priceless... and believe me when I say - nothing ever comes without a price. I have Craig Taylor's son in my possession. You have brightened my night - in so many ways."

 

"Don't count on it. I am not of any personal value to my father... nor is he to me."

 

"Is that so?" Brian mused, his attention on the check that was far less than it should be. "The check is inadequate. He is nearly three months behind in his payments and he insults me with a payment not even equal to twenty-five percent of his outstanding balance."

 

Justin gasped. "I had no idea. Are you sure about that?"

 

"Of course, I'm sure. I have men working on his case. In fact, I can access the figures for you right now if you want to see them," Brian snapped, his displeasure with Craig Taylor growing even further. He wasn't a man of any sensitivity, but he knew if he had a son he would have never sent him to this place and the dangers represented in such a world.

 

"No. That's not necessary. I know my father has a gambling problem. He probably figured I wouldn't come here if I knew it was worse than he suggested. As it is, he knew I only came here because of my mother. I won't allow him to drag her down with him!" Justin spat out vehemently, unaware of how he had just divulged his ‘Achilles Heel' to the predator.

 

Brian smiled, much reminiscent of a hungry shark. "You want to protect your mother. Admirable indeed." Brian stood up from behind his desk, prowling around to the front of it... the check and unread letter was forgotten for the moment. He leaned down to brace an arm on each side of Justin's chair, effectively bracketing him in. "Do you know what such an admission makes you, Justin?"

 

Justin swallowed tremulously, his eyes pulling to the penetrating ones capturing his own. "No."

 

His breath ghosted over Justin's lips, yet not possessing them. Soon he would taste them, but not quite yet. "It makes you vulnerable."

 

TBC