- Text Size +

 

Justin lay in the bed, his fingers clicking on the remote that opened and closed the high-quality draperies. His eyes rolled as he looked at the small mechanical device. So this was the lifestyle of the rich? He couldn't believe Brian had placed him in such a room. Surely, he had to have rooms or suites that catered to a more moderate crowd? Why had he set him up in here? This room was something out of a fashion magazine. Justin knew the price attached to such a room would be an amount he couldn't begin to fathom, let alone ever afford. One thing was for certain, his father hadn't stayed in such a room. Justin gritted his teeth in anger as the image of Craig Taylor filled his mind. He could see him hunched over the tables; throwing the dice, drawing a card, hoping for one last hit to save his misguided ass. The man was a fool... and at this moment, he hated him.

 

He knew one phone call could end this all, but it was the one call he wouldn't make. His mom couldn't be affected by her husband's treachery. It had been one thing when it had been an enormous gambling debt... but now, after his meeting with Brian Kinney, he knew he was truly trapped. Learning that her own husband and his father had gifted his son over to this man, would be more than she could take. The casino owner wasn't quite as bad as he pretended to be, though. He knew how things happened in these circles. Many in his position would strike out against the family. Justin knew that Brian would never attack his mother. He didn't know how he was so certain... he only knew that he was. His father, that was another matter altogether.

 

Reaching his hand out to the bedside table, Justin powered on his cell phone, unable to resist calling his father. "Hmph, Father," Justin sneered aloud. Disgusted by his gay lifestyle or not - what kind of father sells his own flesh and blood out to a man that he finds to be fearsome and without any semblance of civilized behavior? There had been a speck of hope in him regarding his father. If nothing else came of this adventure... that had been resolved. Now, he felt nothing but loathing and embarrassment to be the son of Craig Taylor. Somehow he would make amends to the arrogant casino owner, on his father's behalf. When he returned home, he would find a way to sever his mother's ties to his father. How, remained to be determined. The only thing he did know was that she couldn't know how her husband sold him to the man he perceived as the devil incarnate.

 

Realizing the difference in time and the current hour in Pittsburgh, Justin knew his father would be at the store. He dialed directly there, bypassing his father's cellular device. More than likely he would be screening those calls. In this case, he would be unable to dodge him so easily. He connected to him quickly, his irritation growing as he heard the almost jovial voice of his father come across the line.

 

Gritting his teeth, Justin snapped, "Someone seems to be having a much better day today."

 

"Justin?" Craig smirked maliciously. He had been expecting this call... but perhaps not quite this soon. He wondered what that meant. Was his son being abnormally cunning and playing hard to get with Kinney... or had the man already take his fill of him? Craig decided it was his first assumption and not the latter. He had watched the repellent man in action. There was no way he was done with Justin. "So, how did your meeting with Mr. Kinney go? I trust you've met him..."

 

"Yes. I met him," Justin hissed in answer.

 

Craig chuckled coldly. "Your tone implies that you don't like him. That really surprises me, Justin. I thought he would be more than interesting to you."

 

"Interesting as in hot? Well, of course, he's that. Anyone can see that." Justin's eyes burned in anger, knowing that his father would never truly understand him or his life. "I look for much more than a hot body. The man is an asshole. There's no way I'd ever let him touch me."

 

Craig found his stomach curling at the mere thought. "Justin, I don't want to hear the details regarding your disgusting choices. All I want to know is if Kinney accepted my terms."

 

"Your terms?" A bitter laugh followed. "You offered your own son up to a predator and you have the balls to speak of your contempt towards my lifestyle!? You disgust me. If not for my mother, I would tell Brian to destroy you."

 

"You wouldn't do that to her," he muttered, his confidence faltering a bit following Justin's outburst. "She would be devastated if she knew I never overcame my addiction."

 

Justin snorted. "You don't understand her at all. She loves you, the fool that she is. Your gambling addiction she would understand in time, and move heaven and earth to help you overcome, but what you've done to resolve it by selling out your own son - she would never forgive that."

 

"Well then, I think we understand the situation, don't we Justin?" Craig taunted him, having no doubt he was the winner here. "You won't let her find out. My offer to Mr. Kinney would break her. I think we both know that would take her off the wagon for good." He smiled maliciously, knowing he had his son exactly where he wanted him. "I know you won't be the one to cause your mother such pain, not to mention a relapse."

 

"You immoral son-of-a-bitch!" Justin felt his heartbeat quicken as the rage toward his father overtook him. How he hated the man! He wanted his mother away from this man - now! But he was right. He couldn't tell his mother. Once this was over there had to be a way to separate them, one that wouldn't send his alcoholic mother back to the bottle. "My mother hasn't taken a drink in over six years. How she has managed that while living with you is beyond my understanding! That you would hold this over my head and threaten me with, tells me you don't really give a damn about her. I swear when I get out of here, I will make you pay for this, Father."

 

Craig scowled, wishing Justin could view his hatred now. "Your threats don't scare me, boy. You are nothing but a weak little faggot. I could wipe the floor up with you! Enjoy your stay in Las Vegas, Justin. If you're lucky, you'll walk away from the experience in one piece. However, I couldn't care less either way."

 

Justin was about to issue a response when the call was abruptly ended on his father's end. He sat up on the side of the bed, his bad hand shaking as he tossed the phone to the side. His body began to tremble in a rage that struck him to his very core. Fuck, how he hated that evil man. He had to get his mother away from him. As much as he knew his father would never physically harm her, and understanding the reason why - he couldn't allow this to continue. The man consistently became more cold. There was no doubt that the only thing Craig Taylor cared about was himself - him and his enormous greed. Justin remembered back to Brian's response to the letter last night. He had seemed appalled; that was until he had gone further than he'd intended when he had struck out against him. Even though he was here to appease Brian Kinney and the debt his father owed, he had the unshakable feeling that the casino owner wasn't finished with his father.

 

He should feel pity for his father, but found he had none. Monster against monster - Craig Taylor deserved everything Brian leveled at him. Justin couldn't deny that a part of him relished watching it all fall apart for his odious father.

 


 

Ted looked up with a beleaguered expression as Brian strolled into his office, watching as his boss and friend took a seat across from his desk. Deliberately, Ted looked toward the clock then back at Brian. "You do realize it's not even noon yet? What catastrophe has befallen to provoke this monumental event?"

 

"Cute, Theodore. It's not as if I'm never here before the sun goes down," Brian responded drolly.

 

"Right. You must have had an orgy in your suite last night. That's the only way you'd be in The Optimus at this hour." He shuffled a few papers around on his desk, before he told him, "If you are here checking on my progress regarding Craig Taylor, I still haven't heard back from him. Kip doesn't come in until mid-afternoon, so I doubt he's had any contact either."

 

Brian shrugged his shoulders. "Forget about Taylor."

 

Ted's jaw dropped down, immediate shock and confusion instantly befalling him. "Excuse me? Forget Taylor? Now I know something is wrong. Are you feeling okay, Brian? Should I call the doctor?"

 

"I'm quite well, Theodore. Never better." Brian reached down to flick away an imaginary speck of dirt from his sleeve before he continued, "I've made other arrangements that amuse me for the moment."

 

"I'm confused, Brian. Only last night you were livid that we hadn't connected with Taylor yet. Now, you're wiping it away. What the hell is going on?"

 

Brian smiled, pleased that Ted's loyalty always remained firmly in place. He knew Ted didn't agree with his business tactics... ones that needed to be employed to assure his success; yet still, he followed his instructions to the letter. Ted might grumble during the process, but he still got the job done. He reached into his pocket and passed the insult of a check over to Ted. "Deposit this into the casino account. The balance, I want to be transferred from my personal account."

 

"Hold on there, Brian. I want to make sure I understand you." He looked down at the check that was only a small installment on what was owed, before he asked for clarification. "You are paying the remaining balance out of your own funds? I don't get it, Brian."

 

"Ted, calm down before you burst a blood vessel," Brian told him, only half in jest. "I have worked out an arrangement that suits me more than chasing after Craig Taylor. The funds will be in the casino books, my reputation still intact. Don't think that I'm getting soft... that's anything but the case. I've just found something I want to happen more than hounding Taylor for the money." Brian looked at his most trusted employee derisively. "We both know the money is pocket change for me."

 

Narrowing his eyes on Brian thoughtfully, Ted surmised, "There's a man at the heart of this. One that has something to do with Taylor. Tell me I'm wrong..."

 

Brian laughed. "It doesn't matter. All that does is that this is what I want." He pulled a small piece of paper from his pocket, extending it toward Ted. "I need you to call this room and bring the young man down to complete his personnel paperwork. He starts work tonight."

 

Ted's eyes bulged at the name. "Justin Taylor? I am assuming this is not a coincidence." His astonishment grew even more as he viewed the number of the room assigned. "Brian, I don't get you - at all! You placed an employee, who obviously didn't go through standard interview processes, in your most elite suite of rooms. Surely that was just for the night. He's moving to another... or finding other accommodations outside of the casino?"

 

"No!" Brian snapped. "I want this young man in a central location, one where I can watch him closely." Very closely, Brian thought to himself. Justin wouldn't be going anywhere until he had enjoyed that luscious ass. And that mouth. Fuck. Those pouting, full lips would worship every inch of him before it was done. Last night he had led a parade of tricks into his private suite all to assuage the ache Justin had instilled in him - all for nothing. He wanted Justin... and he would have him. Over and over again until this need became non-existent.

 

"I trust he's hot," Ted countered, clearing reading the familiar look of lust in his friend's eyes. There was something different in this look as opposed to it in the past. There was a desperate need hidden behind that hot stare. Ted found he was more than interested in meeting this Justin. Maybe then all of this would make sense.

 

Brian stood to his feet, deciding he wouldn't be present for Justin's meeting with Ted. He would push the boy enough in the days ahead. Having him run before they'd even begun, wasn't in his plans. "Just get him squared away."

 

"Uhhh, okay." Ted shook his head, realizing he didn't know anything more than he had a few moments ago. "Where will he be working?"

 

Brian thought about that for a moment. "The boy hates casino life. I think we'll make this interesting."

 

"Hates casino life?!" Ted exclaimed. "What's he doing here, then?"

 

"The poor boy is caught in the middle of a dangerous game. The unwitting pawn that gets to pay the price." Brian's eyes glowed in feral lights as he thought about his trapped little pet. He couldn't wait to fully pounce on him. Brian intended for it to begin tonight.

 

Watching as Brian walked to the door, Ted asked, "So, he is connected to Taylor?"

 

Brian nodded. "His son." Glaring at Ted's look of censure, Brian snapped, "Don't waste your compassion on the likes of Craig Taylor. He deserves nothing! His son won't be harmed in any way. Having him here amuses me, and I intend for him to remain here. This is not a matter up for discussion. Are we clear on that?"

 

Ted nodded, having learned long ago when to push and when not. This fell into the not category. "I'll get him set up. Where did you want him?"

 

A lusty chuckle followed. "A good many places, a good many."

 

Ted swore under his breath, knowing he'd run headfirst into that one. "I meant his job capacity in the casino."

 

"Find out if he has any bartending experience. That would be perfect, If not - place him in slots." Brian laughed as he thought of how offensive his hot little blond would find that assignment. Every night, the boy who hated Vegas would be subjected to hearing the woes from the customers that were pinning their last set of chips on turning their luck around. Justin would hate that. Brian decided that could be a very good thing. If he hated it enough, the boy might seek him out more quickly. Being sought out by that young man was something that interested the hunter in him immensely. Whether Justin came to him first, or if he was stalked and captured - Justin would be his prey. Captured and devoured.

 

Justin would be his possession until he declared otherwise. Then, he would enact his revenge on Craig Taylor. Both in defense of his own honor, and in the name of how he perceived how all fathers should value their children. Pleasure would come first. As he returned to his suite to rest for the upcoming night, Brian knew it would be a pleasure unlike any he'd ever enjoyed - ever. He intended for Justin to view it exactly the same.

 

TBC