- Text Size +

 

Justin looked up from the signing and filling out forms to find Ted Schmidt regarding him curiously. He finished them before beginning to hand them back. As he released the folder into the man's waiting hands, Justin felt as if he'd just signed his life away. Morosely he wondered if he'd done just that. "Uhhh, I didn't see anything on there regarding payroll deduction. I'd assumed I would be repaying my father's debt."

 

"Brian didn't say anything about that. I can check with him, though. If he wants that done, I'll just call you back and get your signature on that form," Ted told him, his knowledge of Brian telling him that he wouldn't be calling Justin back for that signature. Brian never forgot anything. If he hadn't told him about any payroll deduction... then, there wouldn't be any. He couldn't begin to understand where Brian was heading with this. Undoubtedly, he could clearly see what Brian saw in the young blond, but Taylor's debt was immense. He obviously wasn't making him pay for it, to the exclusion of making him work at the casino. Perhaps it was merely an elaborate means of seduction. That in itself went against everything that defined Brian. He didn't need to lay out these sorts of traps to lure his victims. Brian usually just took what he wanted. That he was playing such a complicated game with this boy meant that Brian wanted him very badly.

 

"Okay. It's just strange to me. I thought that was why I'd be working here." Justin wasn't quite that naïve. He knew of the casino owner's personal interest in him. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Brian would use his position and Justin's close proximity in the casino to get exactly what he wanted. Brian might be determined, but he'd soon find Justin equally so. He didn't dispute Brian's obvious physical attributes. If he was more shallow he'd say to hell with his reservations about Brian Kinney, the man... and reach out for the pleasure he knew the man could provide. The fact that Brian wasn't deducting any funds from his salary was a great concern. How was he supposed to repair his father's debt without doing that? He didn't really care except for how it affected his mother. As long as she didn't find out, that's all that really mattered.

 

Ted nodded, completely understanding Justin's concern. He knew he would feel the same in Justin's position. He was surprised Brian hadn't had some token amount deducted. It really befuddled him as much as it did Justin. Brian had already repaid the debt with his own personal funds... a fact that was strange enough; compiled with the fact that he had Justin working for him and not making him make restitution except for his time - it just didn't make sense. The only thing he could see was that Brian wanted Justin here. Looking at the beautiful blond boy, he didn't have any reason to question why. He actually felt sorry for Justin. As much as many would envy being the object of Brian Kinney's most profound desire... no one should want to be pursued quite this relentlessly. Ted didn't have a doubt that Brian was precisely doing that with this boy.

 

After a moment of silence, Justin asked, "So, what will I be doing in the casino?"

 

"Brian spoke of placing you as a bartender." Catching Justin's look of surprise, he added, "You wouldn't be alone - ever. There are always at least two men behind the bar, sometimes more. The bar gets very busy. He said if you weren't comfortable with that placement to put you in the slot room."

 

"Slots?" Justin visibly cringed. He had heard horrors of the clientele that frequented such a room. Tending to them was the last thing he wanted to do. "I think I can muddle through at the bar. I've mixed drinks a bit, just not professionally. Is there some kind of training?"

 

"Oh yes, definitely. There are actually training videos you will watch tonight, then you will work with another bartender for a few nights. When he feels you're ready you'll mix drinks on your own, but he'll be right there if any problems arise. He is very good and will make sure you are completely prepared."

 

Justin watched him closely. "You sound like you know my prospective trainer very well."

 

"I do." Ted smiled. "He's my best friend, Michael Novotny. We've been friends since grade school, actually the three of us - Michael, Brian, and me."

 

"I'm amazed." Justin laughed. "Brian Kinney actually had a human start like the rest of us..."

 

Ted tried to pass off a stern look of disapproval, but a smile quickly crossed his lips. "He is a very complex man. I know you don't come here under normal circumstances, but do right by him and you'll do fine. He isn't quite as bad as his public image... but to his enemies, he can be - and much worse."

 

"I'll keep that in mind." Justin stood to his feet. "So I start this evening?"

 

"Yes. Six p.m. Just report to the bar. Michael will get you started." Smiling reassuringly at Justin, he added, "You'll do fine, Justin."

 

"Thanks. I just want to get through this and back home. I have no intention of this being a career," Justin returned, slipping from the office without a backwards glance.

 

Ted snorted at the closed door. "That will be up to Brian. For some reason, I have the feeling that Brian might not release you so easily."

 


 

Brian had just let his second trick of the day out of his suite, when an uninvited knock fell across his door. His jeans unsnapped, he padded to the door barefooted as he greeted his visitor. His eyebrows shot up in annoyance as he found Kip standing there before him... his eyes narrowing when Kip couldn't quite keep his appreciation of Brian's body from his own gaze. "Yes?" Brian snapped impatiently.

 

"I- I uhhh, there was something I needed to speak to you about," Kip stammered, his equilibrium as always thrown off by Brian's dominating presence... but when accompanied by his physical beauty, he felt tongue-tied and totally out of his element.

 

"Come in, then." He walked over to grab the black wife beater he'd laid across the couch before his invited guest had arrived earlier. Slipping it over his head, Brian surveyed him coldly, "What is it?"

 

"Uhmm well, I've encountered some inconsistencies in my investigation of Craig Taylor..." Kip began, trying not to show his fear... nor his excitement of that same fear.

 

Brian waved him away with a flick of the wrist. "I've decided to back off on Taylor for now."

 

"Oh. I had no idea." The surprise was more than evident in Kip's voice. "So, you want me to let it all go then?"

 

Brian pondered that thought for a moment, as he paced back and forth, uncertain which path he wanted to take now. "No. I don't think so. I don't want you to pursue him, but some information gathering would still be wise."

 

"Okay. Well, I have some for you, then. Some I found to be a bit surprising..." Kip began mysteriously.

 

An audible sigh followed. "I don't have time for games, Kip. Simply tell me what you've found out. Then I'll decide how to proceed."

 

"Sorry." Kip visibly flinched at the censure in Brian's tone. "Taylor has always insisted he came to The Optimus due to a failing business. That isn't the case. His business account is thriving. In fact, when I dug a bit deeper, I found he is transferring large funds from his business account to his personal account - one he doesn't share with his wife."

 

Brian laughed, his eyes warming a bit as he looked at Kip in astonishment. "Kip. I'm impressed. That's some very good work. That could be easily explained. Perhaps he has a mistress on the side. However, this changes things completely. He has deceived me, stolen from me; in addition, it appears he is embezzling from his own company - which is a federal offense. Before I do anything, I want to know why and exactly where the funds that should have been repaid to me are going."

 

"Okay. What should I do, Sir?" Kip asked, a breath of air whooshing out when he felt that elation of finally having Brian's approval.

 

"I think you've done all you can on the sidelines. I want you to go to Pittsburgh. But remember, I don't want you to approach Taylor. You will use whatever means necessary to find out exactly what he's up to - if he is consistently embezzling and what he is doing with the money as he does. If you need to hire outside help such as a PI agency - that's fine. I want a concise and thorough report - no matter how long it takes," Brian hissed, his rage toward Craig Taylor only continuing to escalate. That man rubbed him in all the wrong ways. He knew he would be forced to deal with him, sooner or later. When he did, he planned to know everything.

 

"Of course, Sir. I'll get right on it." Kip moved toward the door. "I guess you want me to leave right away?"

 

Brian nodded, his mind lost in thought. "Yes. I'll let Ben know you won't be available in the casino. He can get someone to cover for you. Stop by to see Ted on your way out. He'll give you a credit card for expenses. Make sure you keep your receipts. We don't want Theodore to have a coronary." Brian's lips turned down as he said the last part, his mood beginning to lighten knowing that primarily he had the much desired Taylor in his domain... and secondly, he had the repellent Taylor under close scrutiny. He had the unshakable feeling that Kip would uncover something in Pittsburgh. Some scandalous secret that would destroy Craig Taylor - once and for all.

 


 

Justin was bored out of his mind. How long could he fiddle with the various remote control devices in his room? He was still amazed at all that was available here simply by the clicking of a finger. Turning on the TV had been an education in itself. He'd never known so many settings and options existed... then, there were all the porn sites. Justin wasn't naïve. He knew of their existence, he'd even watched a few. Justin figured what gay or straight man hadn't - but the variety offered here was mind-boggling. He wasn't sure how one ever selected. To his astonishment, he quickly found there was something to effectively cover every kink or fetish. As he turned the TV back off, Justin realized there wasn't anything left uncovered in those selections.

 

He was about to stretch out on the couch that would easily fit two when he heard the knock on the door. Justin thought to ignore it, but figured it would undoubtedly be regarding his job assignment that began tonight. Walking the long stretch of space that separated the couch from the door, Justin groaned in irritation as he discovered who faced him on the other side. Opening it, he regarded his visitor with a blank, bored expression. "Mr. Kinney. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

 

Brian chuckled lustily, his eyes moving over the blond vision in his tight jeans, his driving impulse to peel them off slowly... leading up to tasting and exploring every delicious inch. "We have some business, Justin. May I come in?"

 

"Sure. You own the place..." Justin quipped, moving aside to allow Brian the space to enter with ease.

 

Brian's eyes flickered over Justin in amusement. "That I do."

 

"So, what do you want?" Justin snapped, realizing his poor choice of words as soon as he saw the fire rekindling in Brian's eyes.

 

"A great many things," Brian purred softly, his footsteps carrying him soundlessly into the room, turning to look when Justin closed the door behind them. "How trusting. I expected you to leave the door open like some nervous Victorian maiden."

 

Justin's back stiffened. "I'm not afraid of you. And besides that... I think I read you fairly well - I believe you want a willing victim."

 

"Victim?" Brian scoffed. "As if it would be such a sacrifice to be in my bed."

 

"No. Of course, it wouldn't. However, in the aftermath, I'd hate myself for submitting to someone like you," Justin countered coldly, unflinching as the coldness returned to Brian's eyes.

 

Brian stepped closer, his eyebrow lifting in admiration on seeing how Justin stood immobile. He was accustomed to seeing men back down when he administered a certain pose. His interest continued to be piqued toward this gorgeous blond. The boy didn't know how dangerous it was to provoke him, but he knew he would learn that lesson quickly. "You're such a mouthy little twat. I can think of so many other uses for it... ones that would be infinitely more pleasurable."

 

"That is just so cliché. Exactly what I'd expect to hear from you." Justin crossed his arms across his chest, determined to stand his ground. "I wonder that you've never been sued for sexual harassment. You do realize now that I'm working for you - your manner falls under that."

 

"Now who's being cliché?" Brian mocked. "Go ahead, Justin. Sue me. In the process, my lawyers can produce an endless number of witnesses that will attest that you had been coming on to me."

 

"You really are an ass! My father said so, but I never believe anything that comes from his mouth. I guess for once he was telling the truth." Justin surveyed the primitive man intently. "It's no wonder the two of you didn't hit it off - you're too much alike!"

 

Brian growled ferociously. He reached out to grasp Justin's arm tightly, yanking him forward until their bodies touched. His nostrils flaring, his breath began to fan across Justin's lips. "You smart-mouthed fucker! I'll only warn you of this one time - don't EVER compare me to your father. We are nothing alike! I have fought and worked for everything I have. I did not steal to achieve it!" Forcing his temper to settle, Brian told him, "Now let's go. We have some shopping to do."

 

"Shopping!?" Justin gasped incredulously. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

 

A groan unintentionally fell from Brian's lips as his hand tightened around Justin's arm; his eyes devoured the parted lips that beckoned him - ones that were so close he could move just an inch to take them. Hunger quickly transformed his gaze, as his voice deepened. "I realized a short while ago that you didn't arrive here intent on staying. My establishment has a strict dress code for the employees. I'm going to make certain you are dressed appropriately."

 

"I hadn't thought about that." Fuck, he hated shopping... and he had a feeling he would really hate it with Brian. The man would be watching him every moment. He wouldn't be surprised if he used the opportunity to touch him - if even in the name of assuring he had a good fit. "I can get my clothes sent here. I'm sure I won't need that much. I could do this by myself."

 

Brian released his tight grip on Justin's arm, to stroke it upwards, his hand lightly brushing across unblemished alabaster skin. "No," he released in a soft, unhurried response. "Consider it a fringe benefit. Trust me, Justin. No one knows how to suit a man up like me. You will be the best-dressed, hottest man in The Optimus - outside of myself, of course. Now, let's go. This will take some time."

 

"Fine. It's not like I have a choice."

 

Inclining his head, Brian agreed. "That's right, dear Justin. Things will go much easier on you if you accept that I always win. It's such a waste of time to expend your energies so fruitlessly. Don't you agree?"

 

Justin met and held Brian's intense stare. "No, I don't. I see no other option than to keep my guard up constantly with you." Making sure to be the one to pull his eyes free first, Justin stepped backwards and away from him, his voice a mere whisper, unable to admit to himself or to this aggravating man just how much he unsettled him - "You wanted to leave..."

 

"Indeed I did. I'll meet you downstairs. My driver is waiting out front for us." Brian watched the blond closely, unable to remember a time he'd enjoyed simply looking at a man so much. His eyes crawled over Justin lasciviously, his words clipping out short and determined. "One thing to remember, Justin. You won't be able to keep your guard up with me. Whether you want to admit it or not - you want me. When the time is right, I will have you."

 

Justin visibly shuddered at Brian's impassioned and determined words, a clear dispute eluding him at the moment. His eyes shooting daggers, he pocketed his key card, not looking back to see if Brian followed him. All the way to the elevator, Justin felt his legs shaking... his fingers trembled even more as he pressed the call button. Fuck. How would he get through this? Particularly, how would he last out against Brian's relentless pursuit? Whether he liked it or not, Brian was right. He did want him. Keeping himself out of Brian's bed would be the most difficult task he'd ever faced.

 

Downstairs, he walked outside the casino... oblivious to his surroundings all but the limousine that awaited. He glanced up when the wavy-haired driver, attractive in an unkempt sort of way, stepped out to open his door for him. "Hi. I'm Justin," he needlessly supplied.

 

A knowing and curious smile crossed the other man's lips... interest clearly sparkling in his eyes. "Good afternoon, Sir. I am Mr. Kinney's driver. Please have a seat. Mr. Kinney will join you soon."

 

Justin nodded, sliding without delay into the back seat, staring out the window as they waited for Brian to arrive.

 

The man touched a button that opened the speaker and quickly introduced himself. "By the way, I'm Ethan. It's a pleasure to meet you."

 

TBC