- Text Size +

 

Justin stared stonily ahead as the tailor flitted around him anxiously, measuring and patting down the material as if suiting him up for a wedding. He had been trying on various cuts and styles of suits for the past hour. The most challenging aspect of his resolve had been in not looking toward Brian to gauge his reaction. In a couple of instances, a look hadn't even been necessary. He had heard a whistle of appreciation on a few different occurrences. Justin knew regarding the lust-driven and determined casino owner, such sounds were probably not in his best interest. He rolled his eyes as the tailor continued to measure him, finally losing his composure, and snapping, "How long does it take? Surely you've taken enough measurements? And I don't even see how they are necessary. These suits all fit fine. I can take a couple of them."

 

Brian chuckled as he heard the outraged gasp falling from Roberto's lips. "You've offended Roberto's professional sensibilities. I'm afraid my tailor doesn't procure to ‘off the rack'."

 

"Well then, maybe he should start..." Justin grumbled, a glare passing to Roberto, the tailor, and then to the all too amused Mr. Kinney. Justin's anger almost melted away into laughter as his eyes took a good look at the tailor's shocked and affronted demeanor. He bit his lip not to release the laugh that now tickled the back of his throat. Forcing himself to refrain, Justin averted his gaze from both Brian and Roberto, deciding to be rebellious was far more preferable than seeming to agree with any of Brian's views.

 

"Sir, I know you cannot be serious..." Roberto began to sputter, frowning in worry when Brian's laughter only increased.

 

Brian stood from his relaxed position on his sofa to move closer to his disgruntled tailor... but more importantly - to his much-desired quarry. "Justin doesn't understand, Roberto. I think you've measured him sufficiently, haven't you?"

 

Roberto colored under Brian's fierce gaze, having no doubt that his client wanted this wrapped up in the quickest manner possible. "Of course, Mr. Kinney. I'm sure these measurements are more than adequate. You can always let me know which cuts and styles you prefer."

 

"Yes, I'll do that." Brian's eyes were fierce, almost stormy as he looked at Justin, the closer he moved toward them, the more determined he was to be alone with the hot little blond. "Thank you for coming out at such short notice, Roberto."

 

"It's always a pleasure, Mr. Kinney." The tailor discreetly looked down at the folded bills Brian placed in his hand, quickly deciding any unease this man caused him was more than compensated for by his extreme generosity.

 

Justin rolled his eyes at the gushing tailor, finding his overzealous approach more than disgusting. He didn't care how influential Brian may be, he would never lose his self-respect as these mindless puppets did. Realizing he was still in the last suit he had been enforced to model, Justin snapped, "Can I get dressed then?"

 

Brian clicked his tongue, looking at his prey thoughtfully... not bothering to hide the hunger from his eyes. "Sadly, if you must. I'll just finish up with Roberto and show him out."

 

"Whatever," Justin replied in a bored tone, refusing to let Brian see how deeply his statement had affected him. When they had arrived, the tailor had already been present, waiting to begin his work... now with his departure, he would be alone with this hungry panther. As he stepped out of the room, far from oblivious of the heated gaze following his movements, Justin knew his true challenge remained - continuing on without succumbing to the arrogant casino owner's vast charms. No matter how much he found the man's apparent nature repellent, there was no disputing his body's reaction to him. He doubted anyone - male or female - could be immune to this man's charm, if he was intent on exerting them. Justin didn't have a doubt that Brian fully intended to use any advantage or weapon to the fullest. He would just need to be prepared.

 


 

Brian paced back and forth as he waited for Justin to rejoin him. Now that the temptation that was Justin Taylor was out of the room, he could manage to think more clearly. That boy moved him in ways he didn't understand, distracted him in ways he didn't want or need; yet, he accepted that wouldn't change until he effectively worked Justin out of his system. He walked to the bar in a quick and anxious stride. Opening up a bottle of Beam, he poured a generous amount into a glass, taking a long swallow as he contemplated what he wanted to happen next. What he wanted most likely wasn't going to happen immediately... most certainly not tonight, but that didn't stop him from wanting it. He craved that boy in an almost desperate way. Brian was certain that Justin wouldn't fall in line with his one-fuck policy. He wanted him too badly. In fact, he wanted to explore every sexual delight with him. That wouldn't happen in one night. Brian knew he needed to pace himself with him. Justin wasn't the least bit impressed with his position. The opposite was the case. In all likelihood, he would have already had him if he were an ordinary man.

 

He wasn't happy with the arrangement he'd made with Justin. If he were completely honest with himself, he didn't want the blond here by threats or any sort of coercion. He had never needed to use either to get a man into his bed... nor had he wanted to. If a man was foolish enough to deny himself the pleasure of being with him, Brian found that man lacking and unworthy of his attention. Such a man would turn him off at that point. Of course, that didn't apply to Justin. He wanted him with an intensity he couldn't begin to understand. Brian knew he wouldn't be able to rest until he had him secured in his bed, and for a duration of his choosing. He hoped it would happen soon. Frustration was uncommon for him... and not something he thought he could manage for long around Justin. Granted he could find another receptacle for his lust... which is what he had done just last night, but it wouldn't be enough. That was what scared him... and nothing truly scared Brian - during and after his release, it was Justin's face that dominated his thoughts. The boy was bewitching him... and that was dangerous in his world. He had to find a way to make things happen more quickly.

 

Then there was the odious Craig Taylor. He was hiding something... and Brian's instincts told him it was something dark. He had no clue why he cared... he just knew he couldn't let him get away with it. The man had conned the one man that was leagues above him. That alone had to be rectified. But there was a nagging voice in the back of his head telling him he was pursuing this investigation for another reason... one that bespoke of him having a heart. That thought was repellent to him... and one that his first instinct was to quell. No. He shook his head in denial. He wasn't doing this for the little blond. It didn't matter that he felt a bit of compassion for Justin having such a heartless leech for a father - a malady he could more than relate to - he still wasn't going after Craig Taylor for him. This was all about his revenge... and how he had been wronged. It wasn't for any other reason.

 

One thing he did know. He wasn't going to let Justin come to his bed believing that it was to save his mother. If he had to run the risk of Justin fleeing back home, he would do it. Brian was many things; ruthless beyond the understanding of most... but he didn't victimize innocent women. He would find a way to convince Justin of that and still maintain his unscrupulous reputation. Justin would be in his bed because he wanted him just as much as he wanted him. Brian didn't have a doubt in his mind that Justin wanted him. It was just a matter of breaking down the barriers and making him admit it. He would chip away at his defenses one at a time until he got what he wanted. His success wasn't in doubt. Brian Kinney always got what he wanted.

 

Justin returned to the room with more than a bit of trepidation. He had half expected to find the room's lighting reduced to candlelight, with Brian using the time to set a seductive glow to the room. He cursed himself when he felt a slight pang of disappointment. That was not how he needed to be thinking. He should view each escape as a victory, knowing that winning the battle might not always be possible. He cleared his throat as he approached, surprised when his eyes followed the tensing of his host's back. "Uhhh, I'm ready to return now."

 

Brian took a long, burning swallow before he turned to face his beautiful prey. His face expressionless, Brian drawled, "Are you really..."

 

"Yes. I believe I did what you brought me here to do," Justin returned a bit defensively.

 

"Depends on whose point of view." Brian placed his glass down on the bar, gesturing toward it in question. "Can I get you a drink, Justin?"

 

Definitely not, Justin thought to himself. There was no way he wanted to be in a relaxed, alcohol-induced state with this man. Keeping control of his own raging hormones was difficult enough... With that added inducement, Justin didn't find his odds of success to be likely at all. "No thanks. I think I should just get back. I'd like to call my mother... and I do need to rest a bit before I start work."

 

"Let's sit down, Justin. I'd like to talk about that." Brian curled his lips under as he clearly read the suspicion in Justin's eyes. This would be harder than he'd thought. Despite how much the blond wanted him, his antipathy for him was even greater. He had to break down barriers, yet still remain himself. In the case of this obviously sensitive blond, it wouldn't be easy. His eyes sweeping over Justin, Brian decided to keep in character as he whispered, "Don't worry, Justin. I won't bite."

 

Justin's brow arched as he folded his arms across his chest, staring at Brian as if he had just said the most ridiculous thing ever spoken. "Right. I think I'll just stay here."

 

Brian shrugged indifferently. "Perhaps that's best. I'd like to speak with you for a few minutes... and having you seated next to me might prove distracting."

 

"Oh... it's my fault that you always try to jump on me?" Justin muttered, his eyes warily watching the dangerous, yet sexy beast.

 

"Largely it is, yes." Brian smiled at him, his lips twisting into an expression that was nothing short of sensual... a warming glint appearing in his hazel eyes. "It can't be uncommon for you... unless you never find yourself around other men. You, Justin Taylor, are unbelievably hot. If I say that, then you are exceptionally so. I don't give praise lightly... and I've had contact with a lot of men in my life. You stand out far apart from them."

 

"Thank you... I think." Justin fidgeted nervously under Brian's warm gaze, wishing he'd just get to the point. The more time he spent with this man, the more difficult it became resisting him. As it was, he needed to keep reminding himself why he was keeping himself out of Brian's arms. There wasn't any doubt how ruthless Brian Kinney was... but there was something else, some underlying aspect that pulled at him. He liked to think he wasn't so superficial that it didn't stem only from Brian's immense beauty, along with his sexual magnetism, and was something deeper. But presently, he hadn't been given any reason to think otherwise.

 

Brian pulled his lips under, looking at Justin surreptitiously from under his eyelids. "We got off to a bad start, Justin. Partly to do with your family connections, but largely to do with me being who I am. I don't apologize for that or for anything I do. That is not my way. However, there are some things I want you to understand... and things I want to change."

 

"Change?" Justin asked, inwardly groaning at where this could be leading.

 

"Yes." Brian's eyes swept over Justin, a look of yearning appearing in his eyes, quickly disappearing upon realizing how he was softening toward the blond. He couldn't allow that to be displayed. That was not how Brian Kinney did things... and he wouldn't change for this beguiling blond. "I want you to stay here for a while... but I want it to be your choice."

 

"I'm a bit confused, Brian. I did agree to stay here. I decided it best for everyone..." Justin frowned in his confusion. What exactly was Brian saying? Had he changed his mind about wanting him around? That should fill him with immense relief... but to his chagrin, he found it evoked the opposite reaction within him.

 

Brian glared at the tempting boy, realizing he wasn't going to make this easy. "I need you to understand that I don't hold you responsible for your father's actions against me. I find him to be vile and beneath my contempt, but I see none of him in you. I have to believe that the man you are has been derived from the influence of your mother."

 

"Thank you... and yes, if I am like either of them, it would be her. I still don't get what you're telling me..."

 

Standing up, Brian moved to approach the bewildered blond, knowing his words could have an abhorrent result for him. His hand lifted to stroke the side of Justin's face, momentarily distracted by the beauty and perfection of his skin. His voice became husky and deep. "It's very simple really. You don't know me, Justin. All you know is the image I project to the world... granted, much of it is true, but some are slightly exaggerated. I do not hurt innocent women. Ever! Anyone that has ever fallen under my attack has deserved to be in that position."

 

Justin's eyes widened as understanding slowly began to overwhelm him. "Are you saying..."

 

Brian looked deeply into Justin's eyes, sincerity, as well as desire, unmasked from his gaze. "I'm saying this, Justin - I want you to stay. In fact, I think it would be good regarding keeping your father off guard, letting him think he has won. That being said, I won't use your concern for your mother to keep you here. As far as I am concerned, she isn't involved in this. I want things to happen between us naturally and not as the result of your fear for her well-being. So, it's up to you Justin. Your mother isn't at any risk from me. Stay of your own accord as we previously agreed, and I can help you bring your father down." Brian watched Justin much as the hunter that knew he was luring his prey. He meant every word he spoke, yet still timed them to have the most desired results. Brian's finger moved to stroke along Justin's lower lip. "Stay with me, Justin. I think you want to. Give into what you want... what we both want."

 

TBC