- Text Size +

Chapter 11


James pulled out of the back gate and drove to the main road.  The reflection he had seen on the surveillance camera had come from a row of bushes across the street. At the angle the car was parked, they wouldn’t know his car came from the estate.  As he passed the estate and turned onto the small road and gazed into empty air. “Shit,” he said under his breath.  He stopped and got out of the car.  He examined the spot and could see something had been parked there very recently because of the matted down grass.  He looked around the area and, at first, didn’t notice anything but then next to one of the bushes he could see footprints and, stuck in the bush, was a partial receipt.  Although the scrap was not complete, in one corner you could clearly see a partial signature, and it definitely started with a C. 

James pulled out his phone and texted Em. ‘On my way back. It was nothing.’  He decided he could wait to let Brian and Justin know until tomorrow. Right now all he could think about was a naked Emmett laying in bed waiting for him. He was almost surprised how much he loved that man and knowing their child was growing inside of his mother right now.  He couldn’t wait for their child to be born in April.  

After parking he walked into the house. “Where have you been? I thought you had already done the last check.” Nat was standing in the kitchen in a pink flowered robe.  

“Nothing series.  A deer set off the alarm and I just felt better checking it out. What are you doing up?”

“I just couldn’t sleep.  Thanks for letting me move in with you.  You and Uncle Em have been so good to me.”

“You’re family.  You are always welcome.”

“James, you are still newlyweds.  I am sure you prefer some privacy.”

“Nat, you are more important than a couple months of less privacy.  We have all our lives.  You are starting a new life.”

“Thanks, James.”

“Jamesy, is that you?”

“Coming, Em.” James hugged Nat.  “You just become the best woman you can.  We love you.” 

“I love both of you, too. Sleep well.”

“I hope it is sometime before we sleep,” James said as he strode down the hall.  Em laid on the bed with his hands behind his head. “Hello, gorgeous,” he drawled with the Southern accent he didn’t use very often. 

James started at Em’s toes and kissed each one and then began to run his tongue on the inner leg switching legs when he got to the knee and then continued upward. “Oh, Jamesy.” Em sighed as if a prayer as James ran his tongue in his inner thigh and as he spent time teasing each of his balls. Em’s arms were now stretched at his sides as he grasped the sheet, trying to hold on.  He still had a hard time believing that this perfect man loved him, Emmett Honeycutt Augustin. As James began to take him in his mouth, Em grabbed a handful of James’ braids and pulled him upward. “I’ve been waiting too long. Please, now.  I want you now.”  James caught one of his legs as he came up and then pushed past the outer rim of his sphincter and sank in. Em orgasmed on entry and continued to spasm as James glided in and out.  The feel of Em contracting around him soon had James climaxing deep inside Em.  Moving as little as he could, he let Em’s leg fall to the side and as he went limp and he slid out, he stayed between Em’s legs and lay his head on Em’s stomach and soon they were both asleep.


Justin had invited everyone to come to the main house for lunch on Sunday.  Ronni insisted on helping with the meal and along with that Dante helped with some of the chopping just so he could be with his beautiful wife.

James had messaged Brian to meet him in his office at 9:00.  When he finished his morning rounds he knocked on the outside office door. “It’s open,” Brian said. When James had come in and closed the door, Brian continued.  “I am guessing something happened?”

“Yes, I’m just not sure what.”  James told him about the deer and the glint of light from across the road.  “I am sure someone was parked there. And I had almost convinced myself it was just a couple looking for a little privacy but when I found the receipt….but maybe that was from the last time we knew he was here.”  James saw Brian’s look, processing it all.

“What’s your real feeling about this?”

“I honestly don’t know but I don’t think we have enough to talk to the police.”

“I hate to say it but I think I agree.  There is no way we can verify and knowing he had been here earlier, nothing is provable.”

“I will keep an eye out and, with your permission, I will tell Connor.  I like him.  He was good with the kids and I can tell he is observant and has some training in self defense.”

“I like that too. He also has a backbone and will be able to hold his own here.  We are a little much for some people but he will do well, I think.

“And the new housekeeper is coming for lunch?”

Brian nodded, “I hope she gets along with Connor since they will be working closely together. I will feel better when everyone is settled in their new roles and Ronni can start to relax a bit.  It won’t be long before she and Dante are moved into their new house.  We will have to decide at that point if Charly and Conner can handle the work or if we will need someone for a month or two when she is close to delivery.  I have a feeling your mom won’t be down long after giving birth but she is a lot older than when she was pregnant  with you.”

“Yes, I know she is strong and healthy but it does make me a little nervous. If anything…”

“James, don’t even think about that.  She will get the best care and your mom wouldn’t allow anything to happen.”

“You’re right, Brian. I will send you the film clip from last night so you have  a record of it but there is nothing there we can prove.”

“I’ll see you in a couple hours.  Go relax.  It’s Sunday.”


Brian left the office to find Justin.  He slipped an arm around Ronni, “May I borrow my husband? I’ll have him back in a few minutes.”

“No problem.  Everything is pretty much where it should be for a meal in two hours. In fact, it is a beautiful day. Dante, let’s go for a leisurely stroll.”

“Will you take me behind a building and make out with me?” Dante asked as he walked toward the door with her, putting his arm around her.

“We could go see what it’s like to make out in our new house.”

“I love you, woman.” Dante kissed her as he shut the door.

“So what’s up, Bri.” Justin stuck a pan in the oven and, pouring a couple cups of coffee, they sat on the sofa.  They could hear Nat and Connor playing with the boys upstairs while Jessi was asleep nearby.  

“I just wanted to fill you in.  I am not worried about this but we are going to stay alert.  Last night, about 11:00, the front gate alert went off.”  Justin tensed.  “Sunshine, it was a deer.” He kissed Justin’s temple and felt him relax.  “But James wasn’t sure if he saw something else so he took a look.  He was sure there was a car parked across the road behind those pushes but by the time he got there it was gone.  It was more than likely some teenagers that thought they were out of sight there to make out.”

“What haven’t you told me yet?”

“He found a scrap of paper that he is fairly sure was your dad’s.” Brian pulled out the receipt.  “Does this look like your dad’s signature?”

Justin took the scrap of paper and looked carefully.  “I think so but….without the rest of the receipt I can’t be sure.”

“And as far as we know that had been there since he was stalking us so, James is doing his job and Connor will be aware of it before the end of the day. We will be fine.  Have you talked to your dad?” Justin gave him that look.  “Ok, ok. Of course you didn’t. Have you talked to Molly?”

“She did say she talked to him.  She said she pointed out it wasn’t a good idea especially right now.  She has gotten to be a very convincing young woman. Maybe it sunk in a bit. I don’t want to talk to him but maybe I need to, man to man, father to father.  I doubt he could relate but maybe I will try.”

“Maybe talk to him with his probation officer or at the lawyer’s office. I think that might be the place for you to talk to him.  And, Sunshine, as passionate as you can be, and I know your passion, it might be good to write out what you want to say.”

“Couldn’t I just write it and send it to him?” Justin stood and picked up Jessi, who was starting to fuss. “She needs a bottle.”

“I’ll get it,” Brian walked over to the kitchen and Justin followed, cuddling Jessi close.  “Justin, looking at him face to face is usually more impactful but a letter…”

“You’re right.  I  know you are.” Justin kissed Brian as he took the bottle from him. “I love you.  You can always get me to think things through.”

As Justin fed Jessi, Brian circled them both from behind and kissed Justin’s neck. Then he slowly ran his tongue downward.  “What would you think of passing Jessi to Nat and Connor after she is finished and you and I…” he gently bit Justin’s neck. 

“I love the way you think.” Before Justin could finish the feeding Ronni and Dante returned.

“Let me take that little angel.” Dante lifted Jessi out of Justin’s arms.  “I can see a look in a man’s eyes when…”

“When they are ready for some love?” Ronni completed it for her husband.  “Be back in an hour. I am not sure how you want to finish off that dish in the oven.”

“I will be, Ronni.” Justin said as he and Brian moved toward the stairs. Brian and Justin dropped onto the bed and curled up together.  “Remember when you said you would never cuddle?”

“Do you have to bring up all my stupid comments?”

“I know Ronni and Dante think we are screwing but I just needed this for a while.  Just thinking about my dad gives me a headache.”

“Sunshine, you know I am here for you. I will always be here for you.”

“I know.” His lips brushed Brian’s and Brian pulled him even closer. 

“Damn, I am glad I gave cuddling a try but,” before Brian could finish Justin undid his fly and then Brian’s. He turned over and offered himself to Brian and he gently slipped in.  Moving as one, they didn’t say a word but knew exactly when to move and nearly turned into liquid as they both felt every move, coming as one.

As Brian clung to Justin, he softly said, “If that’s what cuddling leads to, why the hell did I fight it for so long.”

“Because you hadn’t found me to cuddle with?”  He turned in Brian’s arms and kissed him.  “I need to get back to the kitchen.”

“I’ll be down in a little bit. I’ll go take Jessi off Nat and Connor’s hands.”


A half hour later, the table was filled.  The whole Britin family was there.  Charly had arrived and was introduced to everyone and then she introduced her daughter, Shadow.  The tween was polite but very shy. It was obvious she wasn’t used to a loud, brash group but she obviously loved the three kids. After they had finished eating she sat by the fireplace with Gus and Aaron while the adults sat at the table drinking wine and getting to know each other.

“Charly, would you like me to show you the pool house?” Natalia asked. “I will have everything out tomorrow so if you want to move in you can anytime.”

“That would be great. Shadow, do you want to come see our new place?”

“Why? I don’t have any say in this.” It was the first sign that Shadow, even if she liked kids, wasn’t necessarily ready to move.

Nat and Charly walked toward the pool house.  “I take it your daughter isn’t excited about moving?”

“She wants to leave my parents’ house but she doesn’t want to switch schools. She is going to stay with my mom and dad until the quarter ends but she isn’t happy.  I hope by then, when she has been here on the weekends, she will be ready and besides that, I think my parents will get on her nerves.” Nat laughed as Charly said it.

“Have you been doing it alone long?”

“Really from day one.  We were young and in college.  You know, the same old story.  He tried at first to be a father but he wanted to be a kid himself, yet.  We decided it was best if he didn’t try.  And don’t get me wrong, my parents were great through it all.  I wouldn’t have made it without them, and well, a bunch of the hotel staff really.  They helped me with her when Shadow was young. But I just had to drop out of school and started running the room service department for them.  I always meant to get my degree but it was a big job so now that I am over thirty I talked to my parents and they understood. If I was going to make a change, now was the time to do it.” She paused.  “I’m sorry.  You didn’t ask for all of that.”

“Well, actually I did.” She slid the door to the small house open.  “Welcome to your new home.  I hope it is big enough for the two of you.”

“We are used to living either with my parents or in a hotel room.  This will be fine.” Charly looked at the main living space.  The living room wasn’t large but it had a plush, comfortable sofa and chair. There was a table for two near the small kitchen.  It was a small galley kitchen but it had everything she needed to make a meal for the two of them.  

“Since this was built as a pool house, both bedrooms have bathrooms so that is a nice feature.  This is the small bedroom and the bathroom had a shower but now tub.” She opened the door.  “I am sure Britan won’t care if you paint and redo whatever.”

“Britan? I have heard that word. Isn’t that the name of the estate?” Charly asked.  “That is probably a dumb question.”

“Britan is the name of the estate but since it stands for Brian and Justin, I shorten it up when I am talking about them.” Nat led the way to the next door.  “And this is my, I mean your room.”

“I hope we didn’t push you out.”

“No, I am having surgery next week and was moving in with Em and James to help me out while I recuperate.”

Charly looked around. It was obvious it had been redecorated. It had a new duvet on the bed and curtains and pillows to match. As she walked into her own bathroom there were color coordinated candles and towels. “Did you do all this?”

“I hope you like it.  I lived here the way it had been.  I decided I wasn’t staying here when I had completed the change so I asked Britin if I could freshen it up for you.  I hope I chose well.”

“You did, Natalia, this will be my sanctuary and with a pre teen daughter I need that.” She smiled at Nat. “And Nat, I know I have no idea what you are going to go through in the next couple months but I’m a woman, only a few years older than you so if you want to talk, I’ll be right here give me a call or when you are up to it, drop by.”

“Thanks, Charly. I appreciate that.  I know this is who I am but I have to admit, I’m a little nervous.”

“Of course you are! But we are all here for you.” Charly hugged Nat. “I think I should get back. Thank you for making my room special.”

Later that night Brian and Justin laid in bed.  “You know what?” Justin asked.

“You’re horny?” Brian said hopefully.

“I’m exhausted.  I have a feeling Jessi has a cold coming on but that’s not what I was going to say. I was going to say I feel like we have a great family set up.  Charly and Connor are going to fit in and Shadow was great with the boys.”

“I agree.  Do you think whatever Jessi has is serious?”

“I think it is cold and you and I both know Ronni has a cure for everything.  I am sure it isn’t serious. Babies catch things. You remember with Aaron.  It wasn’t that long ago.”

Before Brian could respond, they heard Jessi whimpering. “Go to sleep,Bri.  You have to go to work in the morning.  I will have both Nat and Connor along with Ronni to help me and before the end of the day, Charly will be here. I will be able to sleep then.” Justin kissed Brian and walked out of the room.


By the end of the week they were getting a routine.  Ronni had set the schedules and Justin approved them.  By Friday, the day of Nat’s surgery, both Connor and Charly were adapting well and Justin left Ronni in charge of Jessi, who was still stuffy but starting to mend.  Brian went to work but planned to be at the hospital before Natalia was out of surgery. For now it was Justin and Emmett sitting with her before she went into surgery.

“Nat, did you talk to your mom and dad?”

“I did.  They want you to call them when I get out and let them know it went well.”

“I will do that,” Em replied.  

There was a knock on the door. Justin walked over and opened it.  He slipped out, “Tom, what are you doing here?”

“Justin, I need to talk to him.”

“The only him in that room is Emmett.”

“Justin, you know what I mean.  Nat.  I need to talk to her,” he emphasised the word. “Please, Justin, go tell him I’m here.” Tom looked into Justin’s eyes. “I love that person in that bed.  I don’t care if they are called Nat or Natalia or Nate or Nathan.”

“Tom, I will ask but if you upset her in any way, we will crush you. Your position at the church will…”

“Justin, she broke up with me, not the other way around. It wasn’t supposed to ever get emotional and when it did she made the decision and now I have made one.  Please ask her to see me.”

“You had to wait until moments before her surgery?” Justin saw the look in Tom’s eyes and went into the room.

“Who’s out there?” Nat asked.

“Nat, Tom wants to talk to you.  I told him, no, but he insists he needs to see you now, before your surgery.  It is up to you.”

Natalia laid there silently thinking for a minute, “Ok, I’ll see him.”

Justin opened the door and Tom walked in.  “Remember what I said, Tom.” With that Emmett and Justin walked out the door.

At the last second, Em said, “We are right here if you need us, baby.”  And with that Tom and Natalia were alone.


In the hall Em looked at Justin. “What did you say to him out there?”

“I told him I would ruin him.  I would tell the church about his lifestyle.”

“You said that?”

“I meant that.” Justin slipped an arm around Emmett’s waist and they sat down in the hall. 

“I wish James could have come but I know he is protecting your kids.  I’m glad you are here. Brian is fuckin’ lucky to have you.”


Nat touched her hair, “I must look horrid.  I’ve been poked and prodded but I have been quaffed for days.”

Tom took her hand, “You are always beautiful.”

She laughed, “The last one to say that to me was Gus.”

“He is a smart little boy, but I will fight him for you if I have to.” Tom smiled and took her hand but Nat pulled it away.

“Tom, you don’t have me to fight over.”

“Natalia Honeycutt, I have thought about this and thought about this and weighed the pros and the cons.  I made my commitment to the church but I also said I would be celibate and I didn’t keep that.  I realized I have been making a mockery out of my position.  I can continue my called just not as a priest.  Nat, you don’t have to answer me right now but Father Kevin has offered me a job.  I am going to move to Atlanta by the end of the year. I hope you will give me a second chance and, I hope, when you are ready, you will marry me.”

“Tom, are you serious? But I don’t want to be the cause of you leaving the priesthood.”

“I am leaving no matter what.  I am going to Atlanta, no matter what. I know I can be helpful in his shelter.  But I can’t keep denying I am a man with needs and that is not part of the priesthood so….”

Nat’s hand reached up and she put a finger on his lips. Then she crooked that finger and directed  him to bend over.  Natalia’s hand slipped behind his neck and brought him down meeting his lips with her own. As she sat up, Tom’s arms wrapped around her. “I can’t wait to marry you, but you might have to be a little patient.  I might have to adjust…”

“I’ll wait forever, babe.” As Tom moved to kiss her again, the door opened and a nurse walked in.

“Ms. Honeycutt, I have a pill for you.  This will start to relax you and we will be back in a few minutes to take you in.” 

Nat took the pill and as the nurse left, Justin and Emmett came back in.  “Tom and I are going to try it.  He’s moving to Atlanta to work for Kevin.”

Justin and Em both smiled. “I was hoping for that,” Justin said.

“I’m happy for you, both,” Em commented.  “You deserve it, honey.”  And with that, the room filled with nurses and assistants, whisking Natalia away.

Em looked over at Tom and saw a mixed look on his face.  Both happiness and concern registered. He walked over and put an arm around him.  “She will be alright. She’s strong and healthy and now, very happy. Want to tell us what your plans are?”  

The three men sat in the hospital room while Tom told them his plans.  “I have been wrestling with this for months and finally, after talking to Father Kevin, he made it clear just being a priest doesn’t make you a better listener or give you special powers.  Being a good listener and helping people doesn’t require an oath to the church and my realizing it isn’t for me is actually better than living the lie I have been living.”

Justin gave him a hug, “I am so glad Kevin could help you talk through this and, I am thrilled not only for you and Nat but also because Kevin will be free to spend half his year with us.”

The three men talked for a couple hours, Em and Justin filling Tom in on the set up in Atlanta. They took turns taking a walk or getting something to eat or drink. Justin called to check on the kids. Ronni assured him, Jessi was perking up and Gus had just gotten home and was upstairs playing with Aaron and Connor. “I will let you know when Nat is out of surgery and when we are heading home.”

“No hurry.  Dante flew out today so I have nothing planned but to snuggle with Jessi while I watch Charly work.  I like her. She will be great to work with.”

“I’m glad it is all working out.  I will text. And let me know if you need anything.” Justin hung up.  It wasn’t long after Justin received a text from Brian.  He was walking up to the front lobby. 

“Em and Tom, I’m going to go get Brian.  When we get back, why don’t you two go get something to eat.  Take a walk.  Get some air.  It is probably going to be a couple hours yet.  I will let you know if he comes back early.”

Ten minutes later Brian and Justin were sitting alone in the empty hospital room. “Tom is here? Is he playing priest?”

“I know we were all upset with him.  Nat was the one who sent him away.  It was just that neither of them were ever going to be happy.  He is leaving the priesthood.  He is going to take your dad up on his offer to run the shelter down there.  He asked Nat to marry him but they aren’t rushing into anything.” 

“That’s good.  I hope they do take their time. Do you think Dad will be spending half his time up here?”

“I would think that is highly likely.” Justin stood and walked to Brian, kissing him. “It’s been a very long day.”

“Why don’t I take you to dinner once Tom and Em get back.  It will be morning before Nat wakes up.  I am sure Tom will stay with Em so he isn’t alone.”

“I would like to be home in time to put the kids to bed.  I hate to be away from them all day.” Brian looked at Justin. “I know, you do it all the time and maybe I should clarify.  I don’t like it when our kids don’t see either of us all day.”

“And I am glad you can be.  I hope now that we have staff hired you will be able to find time to work in your studio every day if you like. I know you miss your work.” Brian had spread his legs and wrapped his arms around Justin’s waist pulling him as close as he could. 

“I do miss time in the studio but our kids come first right now. In twenty years I will have plenty of time to paint and I will miss the kids being around.” Justin leaned over and kissed him.

“Oh, don’t even say that and don’t forget, Jessi is not allowed to leave home without our permission.”

“Brian, our children are all going to be treated equally.  It shouldn’t matter which one it is.”

Just then Em and Tom came back. They both carried bags from a nearby deli. “Why don’t you two head home,” Em said. “I’ll text when he gets out and then we are sure they will send us both home, too.”  

“I plan to come back first thing in the morning,” Tom said.  “I’ll be in touch with Em to let him know if he should come right away or wait for a couple hours.”

“And I will keep you informed on what’s going on,” Em reassured Brian and Justin.

“Thanks, Em.  We are going out for dinner before heading back to Britin so if anything comes up in the next hour we won’t be far away yet.” 

Brian and Justin ate dinner and then, after checking with Em, headed home.  “We may not catch Jessi but hopefully Aaron and Gus will still be up.” Brian said as he increased his speed a bit. 

“Getting a ticket isn’t going to help.” Justin smiled at Brian.

“Maybe not but getting to kiss the boys goodnight is worth a ticket.” Brian reached over and quickly squeezed Justin’s hand and then put both hands on the wheel.

“And going to bed with you is worth any speeding ticket. Oh, I meant to tell you at dinner but got sidetracked when you put your hand in my lap.  I talked to the lawyer today and he said seeing him isn’t a good idea. I emailed a letter to the lawyer who will get it to him and then, if he responds, he will do it through the lawyer.”

“Well, I know how convincing you can be.” Brian glanced over at the man he loved. “Are you Ok with all this?”

“I am.  I don’t trust the man but I do trust the people around Aaron.”  As Justin said it Brian turned into Britin.  Justin used his phone to open the gate and soon they were parked in the garage.  They didn’t waste time. They hurried into the house and straight up the stairs.  As they opened the boys room quietly they found Connor on the floor with Aaron in his arms and tightly against his leg.

“And they lived happily ever after?” Gus asked.

“Of course they did.  Men like your dads love each other so much they could never stop loving each other.”

“Connor is 100% right.”

“Daddies!” Gus got up and ran to his dads, hugging both of them. Aaron instantly tried to get to his dads and Brian picked him up off of Connor.

“Say goodnight to Connor.” Both boys followed Justin’s instructions.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Connor said as he left the room. 

The two men and boys sat on the edge of Gus’ bed as they hugged and kissed each other. After the boys switched laps twice, Justin put Gus down as Brian tucked Aaron into the crib.  Aaron shut his eyes immediately and was out.  As they got to the door, they glanced back at Gus.  He waved and as he snuggled deeper into the blankets he said, “Love you, daddies.”

“We love you, too, Gus.” Both men said it at the same time. They walked over to the nursery. They stood looking down at their little girl in the cradle.  Justin laid his head down on Brian’s shoulder and Brian’s arm went around his waist.  “She is so perfect. I know I wasn’t excited about a baby right now but she was meant for us.” Brian kissed the top of Justin’s head.

Justin picked up the monitor.  He was sure Ronni was on the other end.  “Go ahead and turn off your end.  We got her.”  Ronni pressed a button that pinged in the nursery. That signaled she was off duty for the night.  Brian and Justin walked to the bedroom and Justin walked straight to the bathroom and started the water for the tub. As he returned to the bathroom, his phone pinged.  After looking at it he said, “Nat has been out of surgery for 30 minutes.  Everything went well.”

“Now comes the healing but with Tom at her side that might be easier,” Brian said.

Justin pulled off his shirt and then slowly undid his fly.  He walked over to Brian and started unbuttoning his shirt. “I want you naked.” Brian had already taken off his jacket and he started to undo his belt and soon both men had shed their clothes.  Justin took Brian’s hand and led him to the bath, now filled with scented water. 

“I am so glad when we upgraded we went with the bigger tub. Brian climbed in and Justin followed.  Justin sat down first and spread his legs. Brian sat between them and leaned against Justin’s chest.  Justin slipped his arms under Brian’s arms and his hands rested on his chest.  His thumbs and fingers began to gently rub his nipples.

The movement of the water and Justin’s stroking finger soon had Brian so relaxed he was his head lulled to the side. Justin kissed the curve of his neck. He followed the kiss by trailing his tongue from Brian’s ear to the bottom of the curve.  Justin’s eyes moved down his long, lean body and saw he was having an effect on him.


“Sunshine, you are killing me.” 

“I’ll stop for now.” His hands rested on Brian’s abs. “It will be so nice having Kevin around more. The kids will be so excited to have grandpa around more and I have a good feeling that Natalia and Tom will make it.”

“I do hope the church doesn’t fight him. I like the guy and he deserves to be happy and live his own life. Plus, Natalia will never love anyone else.  Tom and Natalia belong together like you and I do.”

“Well said, my love.” Justin’s tongue began to trace Brian’s ear with his tongue. He moved his hand up and down Brian’s wet body.  “Ready to get out of here and into me?”

“Oh, god, yes!” Brian managed to flip over and slid up Justin’s slick body and stopped when their lips met. “Do you think we could manage it here?”

“We will need to be slow and steady.  The tub is hard.” As Justin talked he moved one leg over the side of the tub and before Justin could say another word, Brian kissed him as he moved in. Brian grasped the edge of the tub and pulling with his arms he moved in and out of Justin.  “Damn, that motion is….oh, fuck!”  Brian was moving at a different angle and he was stroking Justin’s prostate with each move. Justin gripped Brian’s neck as he  quickly drove him to a climax. As Brian continued to orgasm himself, Justin below him continued to clamp around his cock with his muscles as his climax continued. He was nearly incoherent by the time Brian got off.

Brian’s arms were like rubber by the time he collapsed on top of Justin. He slid down and rested his head on Justin’s chest just above the water lever.  “Hey, Sunshine, your heart is going way too fast.”

After a moment and several deep breaths, slowing his heart, Justin replied, “That was beyond...I didn’t think we could find any new things to try but that was mind blowing.”

“It was the best workout I have had in years and definitely the most fun.”

Justin wrapped his arms tightly around Brian, “Well, I am not opposed to you exercising any time although I was totally out of it for a while. That was an angle you had never found before.”

“You have me curious now.  You up for a reverse round?” Brian winked.

From the other room Justin heard Jessi make a noise. “It sounds like our daughter has other plans. It’s probably time for a bottle.  I don’t think you want to wait in here until after the bottle. You have work in the morning.” Brian moved and Justin got up.  He dried off quickly and put on a robe as he moved out of their room and went to the nursery.

Fifteen minutes later, Jessi Anne was asleep in the arms of her sleeping daddy. Brian walked in and took a deep breath. This is what made life worth it.  He gently lifted Jessi out of Justin’s arms.  Justin jerked awake afraid he had dropped her but Brian rested a hand on his shoulder for a split second and then walked their daughter to her crib. He kissed her sweet face and laid her down.  Justin walked up behind him and slipped an arm around Brian and looked around him to see her. He kissed Brian’s neck. As one they turned and walked out of the room.

“We should have four hours now if you…”

“We both need sleep, Sunshine. I know you are a super dad and a super lover, and damn you do both so well but right now, we both need sleep.” Brian made Justin lay down and covered him before stepping on the mattress and stepping over him. He dropped down and pulled the blanket up, making sure they were both tucked in. He spooned up tightly against Justin and left his arm around Justin’s waist. Brian kissed Justin’s neck and whispered, “I love you.” But Justin was already sleeping.


About 4:00 a.m. Tom woke up and got dressed.  He drove over to the hospital and managed to get past the front desk because he had a clergy pass.  He entered Natalia’s room and pulled a chair up to her bed. After kissing her cheek, he sat and reached out for her hand. For the first time in his life he knew he was in love with a woman. Biology didn’t count. This was the soul he would spend the rest of his life with. He stared down at the beautiful woman with tubes going in and out of her body.  He had written the letter to the diocese earlier in the week and dropped it in the mail as he left that morning.  As he watched Nat sleep he thought about moving.  He had been at the church for a very long time but he had nothing to move.  What he would take would probably fit in a couple suitcases and a plastic tub.  What did he have to offer her? Kevin mentioned they could live at his place.  He would only be there half time and he might just move in with his girls, or that was the plan.  

Natalia moved in her sleep and a beeper went off on the machine next to her.  Before Tom could debate if he should get a nurse a young man walked in the room.  He didn’t notice him at first.  He adjusted a line and the alarm stopped.

“Is anything wrong?” Tom said, making the nurse jump.

“Oh,” he jumped.  “I didn’t even notice you. I’m sorry.”

“No, I snuck in earlier.  She moved and then the alarm went off.”

“That makes sense.  She must have moved just enough to kink the line.  I just needed to free it so the fluid could flow. I’ve never seen a pastor here this time of night unless it was for last rights.  What are you doing here?” he asked gently.

“She’s my fiance.”

“That’s cool. I haven’t seen her awake but the person I took over for said she was really sweet to work with.” The nurse looked at Tom.  “I think I have seen you around here before …. Aren’t you a priest?”

“Officially, yes, but I am leaving the priesthood for the woman I love with all my heart.” As Tom spoke the words to this stranger, he felt a weight lift off of him.  “That is what is right for both of us.”

“This is recent, isn’t it?”

Tom smiled, “You could say that.  I told her about five minutes before she went into surgery but she was still fully alert and she wanted me.  Once she is healed, we will be moving to Atlanta to start a new life. We both have jobs and I think it will be best for us.”

“Finding the right one is major.  I better get back to the desk but if you need anything come find me.”

“Thank you.” Tom laid his head on their linked hands and dozed.

He felt something but he wasn’t sure what it was in his sleep hazed mind. He then realized it was fingers combing through his hair and his eyes fluttered open. He moved his head and looked into Natalia’s face. “Good morning, beautiful.” He stood and gently pressed his lips to hers.

“Hi,” her voice came out as a whisper.

Tom could see the pain on her face.  “Let me get a nurse in here for you.  I think they will want to know you are awake.”

Nat held up her hand and shook her head, “First tell me I wasn’t dreaming. Did you really ask me to marry you?”

“And you said yes. You aren’t going to try to back out, are you?”

“I love you, Tom.”

Tom moved down close to her ear, “I love you, Natalia.  I can’t wait to make you my wife.”

She shut her eyes and her face contorted, “I think I could use that nurse now.”

Tom pressed the button and held her hand until the nurse arrived.  Tom slipped out and texted Justin and Em letting them know Nat was awake and doing well.


The next couple weeks, everyone at Britin adjusted to their new roles. Nat was still in pain but she was now settled into James and Emmett’s house.  Tom stopped by at least every other day.  Because he had resigned, the church was requiring him to do many mundane things that they said he had to complete.  They actually were trying to ‘give him time to think about his bad choice’.  Ronni would bring Jessi over if Em had to leave and Nat loved having the baby lay next to her as she cooed and waved her arms.

Justin was contacted by his lawyer and said to expect an email with a voice file attached sometime.  Craig was supposed to send him one and he would pass it on once he received it.  Justin had found an outlet in his art. He did a lot of paintings of his children but he was also experimenting with some new style of painting. It was bolder and darker.  It was the way he released the anger he felt for his father. He wondered what his father had to say.  He would have to wait.

Brian spent a couple nights on the road.  He had a client in Chicago that was having some issues.  He hated to be away from home but he had to do it sometimes.  As he sat in the restaurant with his client his mind drifted away for just a moment as his client’s wife told a story.

“I’m sorry, Brian.  You aren’t interested in an older woman’s reminiscing,” the woman said when she finished.

“No, I should apologize.  You mentioned children and I guess my mind went home.  With the time change my husband is probably giving the boys a bath or our daughter her bedtime bottle.”

“All right, young man, now you must show me pictures and if you don’t have pictures on your phone I will lose all respect for you,” the woman said.

Brian pulled out his phone and found a group of pictures they had done professionally, about a month ago.  He also had a picture of the painting Justin had done of the three children.  “I have more than you will want to see but here is my family.”  Brian handed his phone to the woman.

After she had looked through the pictures she turned to him, “Oh, Brian, your family is stunning. That portrait at the end was beautiful.  Who painted it for you?”

“I am proud to say that it is my husband’s work, Justin Taylor.”

“He does stunning work. Does he do commissions?”   

“He does.  Your husband has all my information and when I get back I will send all of Justin’s contact information.”

“You may not know this, and I am fairly sure you don’t, I own an art gallery, and I don’t agree, but  many say I am the leading curator of art in the midwest.  I had no idea that was your husband!” She was very excited now. “Seeing you and the children I can understand why he turns around most offers to do shows.”

“Wait, what did you say?”

“He has put the word out that he isn’t available at this time.”

Brian smiled, “He is such an amazing father and husband. He doesn’t want to be away much but, if you want him, especially for some kind of benefit, I could probably talk him into it.  Just remember, Justin does make his own decisions.”

“I will see what we have planned for the future.  Even if we could borrow one of his paintings it would be a draw.  I heard how much he earned for a charity in Atlanta.”

“That was a special case.  My father runs the shelter the money went to.”

The woman looked at her husband.  “Don’t dawdle, dear.  This man is needed at home and from the love on his face, he needs to be there.”         

“We can sign all the papers tomorrow at the meeting. I can see all the stories about you when you were young are in your past now. I look forward to a long relationship with Kinnetik.”

Brian returned to the hotel suite.  He undressed and poured himself a glass of bourbon before calling Justin.  “Damn, I miss you, Sunshine. How are the kids?”

“They are fine although I know they miss you.  Aaron was crying and I asked him why and he said he wanted you.”

“Why don’t you reach through the line and tear out my heart?” Brian said, taking a swig of his drink.                                                                                                 

“I just want you to remember we’re waiting here, darling.”

“That is never a problem and the main reason I am calling is to let you know we are signing the last papers in the morning and then I will be on the first flight back.  I should be home early in the afternoon.”             

“That is the best news I have heard in a long time.”