- Text Size +

Chapter 13


Kevin woke up to a soft knock on the door. “Come in.” 

He looked over and saw Gus’ dark head peek around the door frame. “Happy Thanksgiving,” he said as he timidly walked in.

“Come on over here,” Kevin said and Gus hurdled across the room.  He stopped just short of the bed but as soon as Kevin pulled the blanket back and patted the mattress next to him Gus scampered into his grandfather’s arms. Kevin pulled the blanket over both of them.

“Grandpa, are you really going to move here?”

“Well, I will be spending about half the year here and half the year back in Atlanta.”

“I am so glad I will get to see you more.  Are you going to live here?”

“Well, I am not sure yet.  For a while I probably will but eventually I think I will want to live closer to my work and besides, I don’t think your dads meant to invite me forever.”

“I do.” He hugged him.

“By the way, you are a very good reader.  I was very impressed.”

“Connor helped me learn it.  A couple of the words were kind of hard but I started to remember them.”

You did so good. I think you are a very smart boy.”

Gus and Kevin sat in bed and talked for a long time.  When they heard a knock on the door they both jumped a little.  “My bedroom is never this busy,” Kevin said as the door opened.

“Oh, there you are!” Brian rushed across the room. “We’ve been looking all over for you.”

“It was my fault, I think,” Kevin said.   “Gus came in here to say good morning and I called him over and we were just enjoying our talk,” Kevin smiled down at Gus, “and our snuggle.” Gus wiggled closer to Kevin.

Brian took a calming breath.  “We are always just a bit nervous when the kids aren’t where we think they should be and well…”

“I’m sorry, Daddy. Did I scare you and Daddy J.”

“We knew you wouldn’t have gone very far on your own.  No problem.  We know where you are now and I better go tell Daddy J. When you and Grandpa are done with your talk, your clothes are on your bed.”

“Ok, Daddy.”

Brian pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted  Justin.  ‘He’s in Kevin’s room.’  He moved down the hall and down the steps where Justin rushed into his arms with Aaron on his hip. “He’s fine.  He and Dad are having a great time.”

Sally walked by and snatched Aaron from Justin and Brian pulled Justin into his arms. “I told you he was fine.”

“Bullshit, you were as scared as I was.”

“We need to stop panicking.  Your dad said he isn’t going to do anything and why would he take Gus?”

“I know. He is just so unpredictable but you’re right, he isn’t going to do anything. Is Gus coming down?”

“I am sure it won’t be long.  They were so cute….did I just say that? My heart skipped a beat, not only because I had found him but he laid next to my dad, under the covers, smiling from ear to ear.  I couldn’t get mad at him.  He is going to dress before he comes down.” Brian kissed Justin.  “Your headache is really gone?”

“It is.  I told you it would be.  Mom, Tuck, and Mol should be around noon.  We are planning to eat around 1:00.  I just think Gus should eat a bit now.  I am sure he will as soon as they come down.  Kevin will want something, too.”

Ten minutes later Kevin and Gus came down the steps hand in hand, entering the kitchen with smiles from ear to ear. Justin picked Gus up and hugged and kissed him. “You, young man, scared me.  I know you didn’t mean to and I should have thought you would want to see your grandpa. But,” Justin kissed his oldest boy, “Happy Thanksgiving!”

Soon Sally had set pancakes in front of Gus, the little silver dollar kind they knew Gus liked, and Brandy gave him some fruit and a little shot of syrup. Aaron was already eating in his highchair with Connor at his side.  Dante and Ronni sat with Jessi, who was drinking a bottle. And now, Brian, Justin and Kevin sat, too.  Sally and Brandy asked the men what they would like for breakfast.  They all said a pancake and some fruit sounded perfect.  The adults knew how much food they would be eating later. While Sal and Brandy took care of breakfast, Charly and Shadow worked on food for dinner.


It was 11:00 when Em, James, Tom, and Natalia arrived.  They brought some of the food and after setting it on the counter everyone circled Tom and Nat congratulating them and Kevin assured them he had a place for them and would be thrilled to marry them. 

By noon, Molly came in with Jennifer and Tuck right behind her.  Those that didn’t cook went and sat in front of the TV.  Brandy, with Ronni’s permission, took charge of the kitchen. Ronni moved with Dante to the sectional. Even Justin sat with Brian.  They didn’t need him in the kitchen.  Tom sat on the floor with Gus and Aaron in front of the fireplace. Jenn and Tuck sat on a loveseat that had been pulled in from the formal living room, while Molly sat in a chair with Jessi in her arms. “Mol, you could put her in the cradle.  She is sound asleep.”

“I know, but she can sleep in my arms, too. She is so sweet.” Molly rocked slightly.

Brian kissed Justin’s cheek, “What could be better than a day like today? Everyone we love in one room.”

“I still feel guilty we didn’t invite your mom,” he could feel Brian’s eyes from behind.

“Have you talked to Joan lately?”

“No,” Brian said shortly.

Justin continued, “It has been, well, 6 months.  Gus and I stopped by before we went to Atlanta but she barely had anything to say so Gus hasn’t asked to go again.”

“She’s moving soon,” Tom said from the floor.

“How did you hear that?” Brian snapped.

“When I was picking up the last of my stuff at the  parsonage.  The church secretary told me Joan was trying to sell her house.  It is getting too much for her. I planned to tell you that today. I just hadn’t done it yet.”

Justin felt Brian’s body tense behind him. Jessi started fussing a bit.  “She’s wet, I think,” Molly said.  

“Brian, come with me and we will change her together.”

“I…”

“Brian, come on.”  Justin took Jessi and started to walk to the changing table on the other side of the room.  Brian followed. Once they were out of earshot, Justin turned to Brian.  “Bri, why are you upset? I didn’t expect you to care if she moved.” Justin laid Jessi down and Brian took over.

“I don’t care where the hell she lives.” Justin saw his face soften as he looked at Jessi’s.  

“What’s wrong then, babe?” Justin slipped his arm around Justin’s waist. 

“I’m not sure but I think I will buy the house.”

“Why would you do that?”

“It’s the house itself.  I bet if I offer to buy her all new furniture, she will sell me everything in the house.  I want to see if there are any answers there.”

“Bri, what are we going to do with that house?”

“After we look through it, maybe we could sell it.  Or, Lindsay is coming back by Christmas and Dad is moving up here.  Maybe one of them can live there.  Not right away because I know it needs work but eventually one of them might like it.”  Brian picked Jessi up and held her against his chest.

Justin kissed his cheek.  “Let’s just enjoy our day. You just said how perfect it was. Tomorrow we can look into it.”

“You’re right.  Today is a day to enjoy ourselves and be thankful we are together.”  Brian pulled Justin to him with his free arm and they kissed.  It deepened and probably would have continued but Natalia said, “Dinner is ready.  Everyone please come to the table.”

Everyone sat next to their partners.  Molly and Gus sat next to each other while Aaron sat in his chair between Brian and Justin and Jessi sat in a bouncy chair near Brandy and Sally. Kevin sat at the opposite end of the table from Brian.  Brian didn’t say anything but looked at Kevin and nodded a bit.

Kevin stood. “I think all of us here today are thankful for many things.  Does anyone want to say something?”

Sally spoke first.  “I know I’m going to cry because I always do but, last year it was Father Kev and Brandy and me and we had a lot to be thankful for but this year…” the tears started.  “We love all of you and I love you, Brandy.” Sally leaned over and kissed her wife.  “We have something to tell you, all.  We weren’t sure we were going to but we talked about it last night and, well.”  Sally looked at Jessi. “We thought about adopting this beauty ourselves but we weren’t quite ready for that. But, when our remodeling was done and knowing Natalia will be there to help us at the cafe, we decided we were ready and….” By now Sally’s cheeks were wet.

Brandy put an arm around Sally’s shoulders and said, “Sally is pregnant.  Next June we will be parents.” Everyone at the table was shocked and then started clapping while Kevin walked over to his ‘girls’ and kissed both of them. 

“You two are going to be such good moms,” Kevin said, Anyone else have anything to be said?”

Tom said softly, “I am so thankful Natlia is almost back to full strength and that she agreed to marry me and that we will be starting a new life together in Atlanta.” 

Connor and Charly both were thankful to be included in this family event and even Shadow commented that even though it was hard, she liked it here.

Em and James were also thankful for their baby and that Ronni was healthy.  After everyone had finished Brian stood up. “I had many Thanksgivings where I couldn’t think of anything to be thankful for but last year I had Justin with me and the boys and now our family continues to grow.  Justin and I are just thankful we can all be together, happy and healthy.”

“Can I talk?” Gus asked.

“Sure, son, but not too long.  We want to eat while the food is hot.” Brian said.

“I just want to say I love all of you.  And I am glad you are all here.” Gus got bashful all of the sudden and Molly wrapped her arm around him.

After he had finished, Kevin said a blessing and then the food started to be passed.  An hour and a half later, Gus was sitting on Kevin’s lap and Aaron was sound asleep in his high chair.  Sally was holding a babbling Jessi.  “Next year we will have one of our own.  I can’t believe it.”

“You know,” Ronni said, “By the time your baby comes in June, I will be ready for a vacation.  Maybe Dante and I can come down and just be there to support you for a few weeks...if you would like that.”

“Ronni, you would do that for us? Neither of us have a mom that will come around and… I know I am going to be scared.”

“We will talk, ladies.  I would love to help if I can. By that time Jessi will be big enough that she won’t need as much attention.  Gus loves to help with the two little ones and Connor is very efficient.”

Justin carried Aaron up the stairs and laid him in his bed to finish his nap. When he stepped out he was surprised to see Brian standing there.  They didn't speak. They joined hands and walked into their bedroom.  They both knew what was going to happen and that it had to happen quickly.  It was almost frantic for both of them.  They both undid the other’s fly and then Brian turned Justin around and pinned him to the wall as he thrust inside. Justin cried out softly but held on to the wall, as Brian began to move quicker, Justin turned his head to the side and Brian kissed him.  Soon they were both on the verge. Justin looked around trying to find something  to cover himself with.  He reached to the side and grabbed a T-shirt he could reach on the dresser and held it over his cock so when he came he came in the shirt and Brian came moments later. Justin wiped himself off and then turned and used the same T-shirt he wiped Brian off, too.

“We need to get down to our friends,” Justin said as he kissed Brian and redid his fly.

“They haven’t even noticed we were missing,” Brian shrugged. “And you and I both know they know exactly what we are doing.” He pulled him in for one more kiss.  “They can’t expect me to leave you alone when you are the most beautiful man I have ever seen.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get more tonight.  You don’t have to lay it on so thick.” He kissed Brian once more.  He took Brian’s hand and led him out of the door. “Are you ok about Joan’s house?”

“It just took me off guard. I guess I just want to go through the house and, well, I think it will help me work through some stuff.” They were nearing the end of the staircase. “Yes, I know I have some hang ups that I should shed.”

“I love you, Brian. I always have and I always will.”

“If you didn’t, I would have nothing to live for.”


The rest of the day they played board games and told stories. By late afternoon, Shadow was whispering to her mom every few minutes. About 5:00 Charly said, “Go ahead. I will be there in about 20 minutes.”  After Shadow left, Charly smiled.  “I am driving her to my folks and tomorrow morning she is going shopping all day with her very best friend. And I guess I can’t put off the drive any longer. I hope that’s alright. I can clean up the kitchen when I get back.”

“Don’t be silly,” Sally said. “You are off for the day.”

Connor looked over at her, “Do you want company? I wouldn’t mind taking a ride,” he looked at Brian and Justin, “if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all.  I actually would feel better for Charly to have someone with her.  The roads have some ice on them.” Justin said and smiled at the two. 

Charly and Connor got up and put on their coats.  “Hey, Charly,” Brian said as they opened the door. “Send Shadow in before you leave.” 

Charly looked at him questionably. “Ok?”

“Brian, what are you going to do to that poor girl? You aren’t going to tease her about whatever, are you?”  Ronni looked at him.

Shadow walked in timidly.  “Mr. Kinney, Mom said you wanted to talk to me? Did I do something?”

“No, Shadow, not at all.  I heard you were going shopping and I have seen how much work you do around here and I haven’t paid you anything.” He pulled out his wallet and pulled out a stack of $20s.  He counted five out to her.  “I hope some of that is used to buy some gifts for your mom and grandparents.”

“Oh, Mr. Kinney, that is way too much for….”

“Shadow, you will continue to help out. Get going and have a great time with your friend and grandparents.”

“Thank you,” she said as she ran out the door.

Justin turned and kissed him.  “That was very nice.”

“It is just fair.  I see her helping with the kids and in the kitchen. She needs to be able to have some fun and I think she really will use it for gifts.”

“Softy,” Ronni smiled at Brian.  “You are right. She’s a good kid.  And I doubt she has ever been handed $100.”


Charly went in with Shadow but came back out quickly. “You didn’t have to rush for me?” Connor said as she got back in the car. “My parents were in the middle of a huge dinner for anyone who  is staying at the hotel on a holiday.” Charly just sat there for a minute and then dropped her head down.

“Charly, what is it?” Connor reached over and put a hand on her shoulder.

“It is just my parents.  I love them and I know they love me but they can be so hurtful sometimes. They don’t know it. They…”

“Sweetheart, why don’t I drive us home.” 

“That would be great, Connor.” They switched places and Connor pulled out.

“I will need a little direction.  I didn’t pay that much attention.”

“No problem.” 

“Want to talk about it?”

“It is just that they make me feel guilty.  They don’t see how my job could ever go anywhere. They make it clear I should have stayed at the hotel and just take it over when they retire. I could barely breathe there anymore. I needed to….” she broke down in full tears.

“Ah, Charly,” Connor pulled over and then pulled her into his arms.  He kissed her cheek. Neither of them were sure when it happened but soon their lips met and when they finally parted neither of them said anything.  Connor pulled back out into traffic, not knowing whether he should bring it up or not.  

The conversation the rest of the home was minimal.  She gave him directions but that was about all they said.  When they pulled into the estate and he parked her car, they looked at each other.  “Come for dinner tomorrow.  Around 7:00?”

Connor reached over and touched her cheek and then ran his thumb over her lips. “Tomorrow.” He handed her the keys and got out of the car leaving her to sit there.

Gus was still up with the adults but the other kids were sleeping.  It was now just the house guests.  The others had left for their own homes. Connor came in and started toward the stairs. 

“You aren’t going upstairs without having some supper.  I put a plate together for you and you just need to heat it up.  Then you can sneak away.” Brandy as she walked over and popped the  plate in the microwave.

“Brandy, I have a microwave upstairs.  It will be easier if I carry it upstairs cold.”

“Oh, ok,” Brandy took the plate out of the microwave and handed it to him. “How was your drive?”

Connor looked at her, “It was fine. The roads were fine.” He looked over to Brian and Justin.  “I will be up for the kids at 7:00.”

“Relax, Connor.  There are plenty of us to watch the kids so if you sleep until 9:00 it is not a problem.” Justin commented.

“Justin, we are kidnapping Jessi for a girls’ night.  You two are just in charge of the boys.”

Kevin looked at Gus, curled up on his lap.  “Gus, may I have a sleepover with you?”

“Really, Grandpa? You would sleep in our room?” Gus’ voice was very sleepy.

“Of course, and I think it is time for us to go to bed.” 

“Dad, you don’t have to…”

“I have some things I need to send over to the shelter before tomorrow.  You two, have a night off.” Kevin said. And all of the sudden Brian and Justin realize they were really getting a night off.

After everyone went to their own rooms, Justin looked at Brian, “Brian, let’s sleep in the studio. That way it will feel like we are really alone and if we get a little loud…”

“I love the way you think.” Brian kissed him.  “I will go grab our robes and slippers. You make your tea.”

Ten minutes later Justin held his cup of tea and a bottle of bourbon.  Brian had two robes and two pairs of slippers. Hand in hand they walked into the garage. “Fuck! It is cold.” Brian said as he pushed Justin up the steps.  “Heat! We need heat!” 

They entered the studio and Justin said, “I don’t keep it warm up here when I don’t plan to be here but it shouldn’t be this cold.” He rushed across the room and pulled down the Murphy bed. As fast as Justin could strip he was under the blankets.  Brian first looked at the thermostat and turned it up and then stripped and slipped in next to Justin.

“Glad I put my tea in a travel mug.” Justin said as he snuggled down as low as he could and still drink his tea without spilling it all over him. “We could go back to our bedroom.”

Brian began rubbing his leg up and down Justin’s naked body. By the time Justin drained his mug, Brian’s leg was moving over his cock. “That just isn’t fair,” Justin commented as he moved further under the blankets and moved his hand down Brian’s chest until he found the fine trail of hair and continued downward.  By the time his hand circled Brian’s dick he already had an erection. Justin slid under the covers and soon Brian’s back was arching, driving his cock further into Justin’s mouth.  It wasn’t long before Brian had cum deep in his throat.

“Damn, I swear you just get better and better at that. You aren’t practicing with someone else are you?” Brian said laughing.

“Oh, ya in all my free time, I have a couple guys on the side.”

“If I thought there was any truth to that…” Brian stopped.  Justin snuggled into Brian’s armpit, laying his head on Brian’s shoulder. 

“You don’t really worry about that, do you?”

“Not often but once in a while… I wonder why you want to be with an old guy when you could have someone like Connor.  He’s young and beautiful.”

“Darling, I’m not saying looks isn’t why I went with you that first night but, love, it was your heart that kept me.” He dropped a kiss on his shoulder.  “You own me, heart and soul.  I can’t even imagine being with someone else.  You have everything I need. Why would I want a young inexperienced guy? Bri, you saved me. You knew I was alive because you could feel me in your soul.  Well, I will always feel you, too! When you aren’t here, I swear I can feel your heartbeat.  When you had your motorcycle accident I had a feeling but I thought it was because Jessi was on her way.” Justin had started stroking Brian again and he could feel precum on the tip.

“Make love to me, Brian. I need you.” 

“My pleasure.” Brian turned Justin over so was half on his stomach and half on his side. Justin brought his top leg nearer his chest and Brian moved into him. He moved slowly into Justin and then got into a rhythm. Justin started to moan and moved his leg freeing his cock up for more freedom. Brian’s hand slipped between his legs and as he moved in and out he stroked Justin in the same movement and then it was Justin’s turn to arch and cry out. Brian followed, wrapping his arm tightly around Justin’s chest. They both fell asleep for the first time that evening but it wouldn’t be the last.

By the time the sun started to peek over the horizon Brian and Justin finally fell into a deep sleep. They had made love at least four more times and at some point, they had talked about Joan’s house. They would make work of buying it in the morning. They would buy it anonymously through their lawyer.

It was about 8:00 when they woke up again. They held each other in the warm bed before moving quickly to slip into a robe and put on the slippers before they rushed down the stairs and through the garage, into the main room.  It had a roaring fire and all the love and laughter a family could want.


Friday was a day where everyone did whatever they wanted to.  Kevin and Brian went into town in the afternoon.  Brian had bought the house, although paperwork wasn’t done.  He showed Kevin the distance from the house and the Legacy Center.  It was only about a fifteen minute drive.

“We hope you will come visit us on weekends but during the week this is a great location and we will update it.  You might have to stay with us for a short time but it shouldn’t take too long to get the place ready for you.”

“Brian, I don’t need anything fancy.”

“I know but I doubt anything has been done in there for years.” T

They looked through the building and Blake met them there to start making some plans.

By dinner it was just the immediate family.  Charly and Connor cooked and served turkey pot pie.  They had used the leftovers and created an amazing dinner for the family and had made a small one for two that they had in the oven at Charly’s.  Sally and Brandy knew their plan for the evening so as soon as the meal was served, they sent them off to have an evening together.

“Am I missing something?” Brian asked.

“We aren’t sure yet but if Connor doesn’t come back tonight, something is going on,” Sally said.  “They belong together.”

“Fine with me as long as it doesn’t affect their work. We don’t need any extra drama around here.” Brian commented as they ate dessert. “Is this going to be our last meal together?” he asked.

“No, we will all be here on Sunday for dinner.” Brandy said.  Sally and Brandy were heading into the city in the morning and were going to stay at the loft overnight.  Brian had let Jeff know to treat them special in the bistro and they could spend a day doing whatever they wanted in the city.

Kevin was going to the city and try to see Anna Claire.  He was told to come but they couldn’t promise she would see him when he got there. “I can go with you Kevin.  Maybe bringing Aaron along would warm her up.”

“Are you sure?”  Kevin asked

“Why not? Ronni will have Jessi and Gus will love a day with Connor.” Justin stood and walked to his father in law.  He put his hands on Kevin’s shoulders and leaned down and kissed his head.  “I will do everything I can to get her to see you.”

“Thanks, Justin.” As Kevin said it, Aaron toddled over to him.  “And this little guy could be our secret weapon,” he said as he picked him up and held him close.

Aaron wrapped his arms around Kevin’s neck, “Papapapa.”

“You got that right. I’m your papa and I love you so much.”


Charly and Connor sat on the sofa and drank a beer.  Connor had started a fire in the fireplace and the little pool house was cosy and quiet. “That pot pie was amazingly good. You are a really great chef.”

“I sometimes wish I had gone to culinary school but other times I am not sure I want to be a cook for the rest of my life, not professionally.  That’s why I am taking business classes. If I decide to keep cooking, maybe I can start my own restaurant but if I don’t want to cook, I will have a business degree I can use in many things.  I have marketing in there, too. Maybe Brian would even think about hiring me.”

“Did you ever think you could have bosses that are so great?”

“Brian and Justin are really great. They are so willing to work with you.  If you need one afternoon off, as long as you let them know they let you swap out for another afternoon.”

“And Ronni is always willing to switch up some time for me, too.  That will change as she gets bigger I am sure but by that time we should be settled into a routine.”

For the next half hour they talked.  Charly told him more about Shadow’s father and he told her about a brief marriage right out of college. He told her about his parents getting killed in a car accident and he was an only child.

“I knew you said you were alone but I had never…” Charly moved and hugged Connor. 

“It has been a few years now.  I…” He moved back far enough to look her in the eyes. He brought a hand to the back of her head and moved closer. “I want to kiss you.” In response Charly brought her lips to his. As they kissed their hands began to wander. Connor’s hands grazed her lower back as his hands slid under the hem of her shirt. As she felt his hands move up her sides she raised her arms and he pulled off her shirt and then she did the same to him.

Now as they kissed they continued to touch and taste each other’s skin. When they both needed more Charly pulled away, “I’m sorry, am I pushing you too fast?” Connor worried.

“No,” at this point they were both naked from the waist up. “Not at all. I just want to get more comfortable.” She took his hand and led him to her bedroom. Before the door was closed she was unbuttoning his jeans.

When he reached for her pants, she tensed a minute. “You sure you want…”

“I am.  I just realized how long it had been and, well…”

“I promise, I will take it slow and if you want to stop, just tell me.”

“Damn, you’re a good man, Connor.” 

Two minutes later they were in her bed, naked.


The next morning Justin received a text. The day before Anna had a very bad day and she would not be able to have company today. “Damn,” Justin mumbled.  He and Brian had just gotten out of the shower and he had picked up his phone when he saw it blinking.

“What is it?” Brian put his arms around him from behind.

“Kevin can’t see Anna today. She had one of her bad episodes yesterday.”

“Well, I guess we have a day at home.  I never get tired of spending time with him.” 

They met Kevin downstairs for breakfast and filled him in.  He was disappointed, “But soon I will be here a lot more so one day doesn’t work, I’ll be able to go the next.” He looked at the people  around the table and smiled, “I can’t be too upset when it means I can spend time with you.”

Sally and Brandy came down with an overnight bag.  They had eaten earlier and were heading into Pittsburgh.  “Thanks again, Brian, for setting up all of this.  We saw it might snow today so we want to get into the city before that starts and once the car is parked we can walk around.  

Sally held onto Brandy’s arm and put her head on her shoulder, “I am just excited to spend a little one on one time away from our place.” Brandy kissed her head. “So we are out of here.”

“If you need anything give us a call and we will try to help you.  We have friends in the city yet, too, but, trust me, even if you can’t leave the loft,” Justin interrupted Brian.

“There is something magical about the loft.” Now it was Justin’s turn to take Brian’s arm.  “It is where we fell in love.”


An hour later Brandy pulled the SUV into the back of the Bistro parking lot.  The first thing they did was go to the Bistro and to meet Jeff. They got a tour of the kitchen and then sat down for a cup of coffee and some samples while they talked about business and what was working in each of their restaurants.  They promised Jeff they would be back for dinner tonight but now, as the first flakes of snow began to fall they went up to the loft before finding a place for lunch.

They took the lift up and just roamed around the loft for a couple minutes.  Then they stood arm in arm, looking out the big windows as the fluff fell to the ground. “Did you see the size of that bed?” Sally asked. “Is that a king or California king?” She fell backward onto the bed.

“You know if I join you we won’t be going anywhere for a long time?” She stretched her hand out and Sally took her hand to stand up. “Let’s tell Jeff to save us an early reservation.  Then we can eat before coming up here and spend hours in that shower and this bed.”

“I love the way you think, Brandy, and I love you and our baby.”

“You know you are my heart, Sally. Let’s go explore.”

The women loved walking in the snow.  They stopped in little shops and bought little things to eat along the way. They shared a pretzel at one place and later bought a piece of fudge.  “We will have to come visit from time to time when Father Kev is up here.  Our baby will need to know his or her cousins.”

“And you know Brian and Justin will have nannies if we need a night by ourselves like tonight.” Brandy placed an arm around Sally, “It is starting to snow harder and I don’t know about you but I am getting cold.”

“Now that you say it, my feet are freezing.”  

When they got back to the loft they decided to go upstairs and changed out of wet shoes and socks and then went down to the Bistro for an early dinner.  Brandy sipped on a hot toddy while Sally had some tea.  And after having an amazing meal the women took the lift up to the loft.

After a long, hot shower, they laid down together. Brandy rested her hand on Sally’s stomach. And then she kissed Sally.  “I love you.  I love you so much and our baby, I can’t believe we are going to be moms. I still wonder if I should ever be a mother.  I am not sure I will know what to do but you…”

‘You will be a natural.  I have seen the way you look at Jessica Anne, the way you dote on her. You are a born mother,” Sally kissed her.  “I know you didn’t have a good childhood but our kids will know they are loved and they will have what they need.  They won’t live in an estate but they will have a bedroom and food and love.  You are so full of love.”

With that, Brandy’s mouth began to move. By the time she had gotten to Sally’s still flat belly, Sally’s breath was coming ragged and when Brany went even lower and her tongue found the hard little nub she was looking for, Sally cried out and continued as the orgasm traveled through her over and over.

The next morning they slept in late and after a long shower together, they dressed and took their time before going down to the Bistro for breakfast.  Sometime overnight it had stopped snowing but they were in no rush to drive to Britin.  Neither of them were used to winter roads. They planned to wait until they were sure the roads had been cleared.  In the meantime they sat in the quiet restaurant and nibbled pastries and drank herbal tea, talking about the future.  It was after 10:00 when they got a text from Kevin letting ‘his’ girls know the roads were clear. “Are you ready to spend the last day in that magnificent house?”  Brandy asked.

“I am ready to spend it with our magnificent family,”  Sally said Brandy pulled out into traffic.


The table was surrounded with all the Britin family.  Tom and Natalia had left earlier.  They were starting their drive to Atlanta.  They should get there on Monday, about the same time Kevin and the girls land.  “I am so glad you are all there for Tom and Nat,” Em commented to Kevin, Sal and Brandy.  “I know they are in good hands. They have both gone through a lot the last few weeks.”

“Well, you will be coming for the wedding, right?” Sally asked Em.

“Yes, I wouldn’t be there.  She asked me to be his Maid of Honor, Best Man, whatever you want to call it.  I will be right next to her.”

“And who is Tom having stand up? He doesn’t seem to have family.”

“I’m not sure.  I haven’t heard, yet.”  Emmett responded.

“I think the move will be perfect for both of them, even if I am going to miss them both.” Justin said as he put some pieces of fruit on Aaron’s highchair tray.

“So Charly, are you picking up Shadow today?”

“Yes, I will leave in the next hour or so.  Mom is having the whole Thanksgiving meal for our small family and any of the hotel staff that wants to attend.  There are always a few that join us.  They have either worked there since I was a kid or they are kids themselves who don’t have family in the area.” 

Connor draped an arm around the back of her chair.  It was very casual but everyone around the table could feel the sparks between them.  “Make sure you are careful on the roads,” he said as he touched her cheek, not caring who saw.

“You’re not going with her?” Justin asked.”

“No,” Charly said quickly. “My family doesn't need to know anything. Not for a long time if there is anything for them to know.” She reached over and patted Connor’s leg.  “We aren’t going to rush anything and for now, I really don’t want Shadow to know anything.”

“That will be up to you if and when you have something to tell her,” Brian stated in a tone no one would go against. 


The remainder of the day everyone just hung out.  Gus understood some of his favorite people were leaving again but he also could understand they would see each other soon but he was still sad.  He sat on Kevin’s lap watching a movie that evening until Justin stepped over to him. “Gus, it is time for bed. You have school tomorrow.”

“But, Daddy J, Grandpa will be gone when I get up.”

“Yes, he will but it is less than a month and we will see him again.”

“And Gus, from now on we will see each other a lot more often.”

“I’m so glad. I need to say goodbye to my aunts.”

“They are in their room. You have five minutes and then I will come up and say goodnight.  With that Gus rushed up the steps.

“I heard you and my son talking the other night.  Is his mother coming back from Europe?”

“She says she is by Christmas but we haven’t told Gus.  They have disappointed him so many times.  If she is here when we get back from Atlanta, we will deal with it.  She may end up living here for a bit but she will not just take him back.”

“I am sure of that,” Kevin stated, “and there is no doubt Gus wants it that way.”


The next morning, before the sun was up, Brian and Justin said goodbye to their family.  James was driving them which would give Kevin a change to talk to James about the Center.  He liked James and was sure he would work out well with Blake. Those two men could run the place when he was in the Atlanta Shelter.  He hadn’t told Brian and Justin yet but by the time he came up to live he would be officially retired from the priesthood. He was tired of the church's short sightedness even though he believed, in general, they tried to do good.  He was tired of the politics of religion.  He was sure the Legacy Centers under the financial care of the foundation Brian had set up would give him the chance to do more good than ever before. Plus, he would be in charge of all of it. 

Brian left for work later than usual.  He put Gus on the bus and then came back to talk to Justin.  He had already gone up to the studio, which was now back to the normal temperature.  James had found a blown fuse which had caused the chill, although as Brian walked up the steps he could only think of the heat they had created up there.  

When he walked into the studio the first thing he noticed was the bed was still rumpled from their night together. He walked up behind Justin and cocooned him in his arms from behind. Justin relaxed against him. “You about to leave for work?” Justin questioned.

“Ya, I just wanted to let you know I heard from the lawyer and the house will be ours the first of the year. Joan is only taking a few things out of the house. She is taking her bedroom suit and her favorite chair.  She had already contacted our lawyer because she needed some of the money I put in a trust for her to buy new furniture that would fit in her new place. He questioned her and she told him she had no idea who bought her house but they must be crazy to accept it with all her junk in it, minus a few keepsakes like dishes from her mother.”

“I can’t wait to get in that house.  I bet she saved a lot more than she said she did and I don’t think she cares by this point.”

“I agree and it is perfect for Dad.  It is a decent neighborhood.  It had its moments but it has cleaned itself up over the years.”

Justin turned to face him and Brian’s lips instantly came down to his.  “I have to go to work and you need to create the magic you create.  Christmas will be here before we know it and we will be off to warm Atlanta.”

“Brian?”

“Yes, Sunshine?”

“Are you really Ok? I mean buying your childhood home, especially since there are very few happy memories there.”

“I think it is just what I need.  I would love to have happy memories at that house. And to have my real father living there should be just what it needs.” Brian smiled down at his Sunshine. “I have to get going.” He glanced over at the messy bed.  “I would love to spend an hour or two ….”

“Get out of here.” Justin  kissed him and turned him toward the door.  “I love you, Mr. Kinney.”

“I love you, Mr. Taylor.” And with that Brian moved down the stairs.

 

Justin heard the garage door go up and the car back out.  He had a feeling buying that house was going to be harder on Brian than he realized but right now, he wasn’t going to think about it.  Christmas was nearly here and he had a lot to do before they left for Atlanta.