- Text Size +

 

Chapter 14


Before anyone realized it, the family was packing for Atlanta.  Emmett and James had left earlier in the week to help with the wedding.  Emmett had been talking to his family since Thanksgiving, trying to talk them into coming to the wedding but up until this point they just said ‘we’ll see’.  It was decided that Ronni shouldn’t travel.  Nothing was actually wrong but her age was making the pregnancy harder and she would never risk harming her grandchild. Plus she and Dante were moving into their new home before the first of the year so they wanted to be around for all the final decisions.

When Gus came home he was almost too excited to stand still.  They were flying out tomorrow and after opening presents on Christmas they were going to a wedding and then, he got to take a road trip with his dad and grandpa.  “Daddy J, can I pack my own suitcase?”

“Well, I have started packing it and don’t take anything out but make sure I didn’t forget anything you want along.”

“Do we leave tomorrow morning?”

“Yes, son, but we have a lot to do before that.” He knew Gus might be an issue for a little while.  He was too hyper. “Go check out your suitcase and then come down for a snack.” 

“Ok, Daddy,” and off he went. 

Justin moved to find Charly. She was changing a load of wash.  “Hey, Charly, is Shadow around?”

“I haven’t seen her yet but she should be here any minute.”

“Do you think she would like to help Connor out? Gus is so excited he needs someone to entertain him.”

“I’ll ask as soon as she arrives.”

“It is none of my business but are you and Connor…?”

“We have a couple opportunities but I just am not sure Shadow can deal with it right now and, well, we are still trying to decide what we want.  If it is just a short term thing, Shadow doesn’t need to know.”

“I totally understand. If she is willing to hang out here until dinner, it would help us out a lot.”

“I am sure she will. She enjoys being with the boys.”

 

“I’ll let Connor know.” After texting him, Justin rushed to his studio.  He had a couple gifts up there that he had just finished and they weren’t dry until today.  He was glad they hadn’t told Gus they were opening gifts at their house tonight.  It didn’t pay to send the gifts to Atlanta just to have to bring them back home.  After dinner they were going to let the kids open gifts.  Then they would have to try to calm them down enough to sleep. Tired kids on a plane usually weren't pleasant.  

Justin quickly wrapped up a couple projects so they could be taken on the plane with them.   He had one more present to wrap. He pulled it out of a drawer and opened the box to look at it once more before giving it to Brian. It wasn’t an expensive gift.  He had thought about what to get him and he knew Brian would like anything he got but he wanted to get something that would really mean something. It was a silver cuff style bracelet. On the top of it there were three hearts with an initial in each heart, a G, an A, and a J. On the inside of it were the words: We love you, Daddy. Justin put the kids’ names on the package.  He had painted a new picture of the kids for  Brian but that had been wrapped for weeks.  He thought it might be perfect for Brian’s office.  It wasn’t huge but if he said so himself, it was really cute.  He had Gus, sitting, with Jessi in his arms and Aaron peeking over his shoulder.  He had snapped some pictures of it and then painted from that, as well as just knowing his kids.

There was a knock on the studio door.  “Come in.” Gus walked in with Shadow behind  him.”

“Gus insisted on coming up,” she said quickly.

“That’s fine. I was just finishing.”

“Daddy J, Daddy just called and said you didn’t answer but he will be home in 10 minutes.”

“I guess I have my phone on silent.” Justin noticed Shadow looking at some of his paintings. “You have never been up here, have you?”

“No, I haven’t.  This is really cool.”

“Do you like to paint?”

“Ya, I do but I just don’t have much room I could paint in and I don’t have any of the supplies.”

“If you would like, I am sure I have some things you can use and if you want to come up here in the evening, you can.  When I get back from Atlanta I will get some things together for you.”

“You don’t have to do that.”

“I don’t have to but I’d like to. I have so much stuff I never use.”

“That would be great.  Thank you.”

“You are welcome.  Well, Gus, would you like to carry this downstairs and put it under the tree?”

“Sure,” and he was gone.  The garage started going up just as the heard the door to the house close.

“I’ll go after him.” And with that Shadow was gone.  

Justin made sure everything was put away and, shutting off the light, walked down the steps as the garage door went down. Brian got out of the car and met him at the bottom of the steps. They encircled each other and kissed. “Welcome home. How was your day?”

“I am not promising I won’t need to do a couple things when we get down there but I should be yours and the kids most of the trip.”

 

“You are always ours but it will be nice for you if you don’t have much to do.” As they walked to the door, Justin filled Brian in on Gus’ excitement and that Shadow was helping out.

“Did you ever feel like that at Christmas?”

“Of course I did.  Didn’t you…” the words were barely out when Justin realized what he had said.

“It’s alright, Sunshine. I remember some excitement and Michael and Debbie’s.  I always got something from them and they never expected anything from me in return. At my house it was always a guilt trip about how hard they had worked for the money that bought whatever it was and how I was an ungrateful bastard because I didn’t grovel enough for them.”  Brian shook his head.  “Enough of my whining.  Let’s have dinner and let the kids know we are opening gifts. I have a feeling it might be hard to get them down tonight.”

“And we have to get them up at about 6:00.  At least Gus will need to be up and ready.”

A few minutes later Charly had some lasagna on the table and she and Shadow headed to their place.  “If you just put what’s left in the fridge, I will take care of it tomorrow. I’ll make sure everything in the fridge is taken care of. Connor will clear it out while you are gone, I am sure.”  And with that it was just their little family. Brian and Justin listened to Gus talk about his day at school and all the fun they would have in Atlanta at the wedding.  The boys were going to be ring bearers and Jessi will be the flower girl but the two littlest will be in a wagon. Tom hadn’t named his best man yet but he assured them he had it all set.

“Daddy J, can we have some ice cream for dessert?” Gus crawled on Justin’s lap and kissed him.

“Well, you can but first,” he made eye contact with Brian who nodded, “how would you like to open the gifts under the tree.  Santa knows we will be in Atlanta on Christmas Eve but we bought you some things too.  I know you have seen them.”

“Really? We can open presents!” Gus ran over to Aaron in the highchair.  “Did you hear that, Aaron? We are going to open presents.”

Although it was obvious Aaron had no idea what Gus was talking about, he got all excited just because Gus was. “Let’s clear the table first.” Brian picked up the lasagna pan and covered it with a lid and put it in the fridge while Justin and Gus put dishes in the dishwasher. Brian poured two glasses of wine and with Gus leading Aaron, and Justin picked up Jessi, Brian followed behind.  The next thirty minutes the boys opened gifts and Brian and Justin helped with Jessi’s.  And then the only presents left were the ones for Brian and Justin.  

Brian first opened the painting of the kids and he teared up.  “Oh, Sunshine, this is so them.  You nailed it.”

“I thought you might like it for your office.”

“I will have every client jealous that my kids are so amazing.”

Justin picked up the box that said it was from Brian.  Justin unwrapped it and found a couple pieces of printed paper.  “Sunshine, you have taught me to live and, although we don’t have a date yet, we are going to take a two week vacation to an all inclusive resort in the Caribbean or anywhere you want to go.”

Justin moved to him carefully with Jessi in an arm and kissed him. “That will be amazing.” Justin’s hand slipped into Brian’s lap and rubbed enough to have Brian moan. “Oh, Gus, where is that gift I asked you to put under the tree?” 

“Here it is,” he smiled, “It got left.  Daddy this is from me and my brother and my sister. See it says it here.” He pointed to the tag.

“Gus, let me see what you got me.” Aaron crawled onto the sofa between Brian and Justin and Gus stood right next to Brian’s legs.  Brian pulled off the paper and looked at the box.  Slowly he lifted the lid. Brian gently lifted the metal out of the box and looked at it closely. He knew instantly that the hearts were for his children, even before he saw the initials. “Oh, Gus, this is perfect. You picked out the perfect gift.”

“Did you look inside.  Daddy J asked what we wanted inside.”

Tears sprang to his eyes. “Did you really tell your daddy what to put in it?”

“He helped but of course we love you, Daddy.” Gus kissed Brian, hugging him tight.

“Oh, Gus….I can never tell you how much I love you.” Brian reached for Aaron, too.  “Are we ready for dessert?”

They all had a little treat and then the boys went straight to bed.  They both seemed tired and were soon dreaming. Justin had just laid Jessi down when Brian came up behind him. “I want you so bad it hurts.”

“I can feel that.” Justin turned and kissed him, rubbing his crotch against Brian’s. Justin led him out of the room and into their bedroom.

“Damn, this bracelet,” Brian looked at it again, “You know where to hit a guy.  And I didn’t even think about getting you something from the kids.”

“Brian, I just wanted to make sure you remembered.  Our children are loved and they know it.  And even better yet, they love us back.” Justin never did remember shedding his clothes. The next thing he knew Brian was hovering over him and pressing into him.


By 7:00 a.m. Brian, Justin, and the three kids were in a car going to the airport.  Brian had hired transportation to get them there.  It wasn’t an easy task with three car seats.  He paid the driver to take care of the luggage and car seats. As soon as they were sure the luggage was taken care of, they found a cart to use to get the kids and carry ons to the gate. They had four seats in first class.  Aaron sat on one side while Justin and Jessi sat on the other side while Gus moved back and forth throughout the flight.  All of the children did well on the flight but they were glad when the pilot said they were descending into Atlanta.

By the time they got all the kids and carry ons to the baggage claim they were glad to see Kevin and Sally waiting for them. “Brandy stayed at the cafe so I could help,” Sally said as she hugged Aaron and Gus and took Jessi from Justin, kissing the sweet, little girl. Kevin took Aaron from Brian and took both boys over to some seats.

 

Gus was busy telling his grandpa about the presents he opened last night and that Santa knew the hotel they were staying in so he could find them tomorrow night. “I am sure Santa will find you.” Kevin hugged his oldest grandson.  “This is going to be the best Christmas I have ever had.  My whole family will be together.”

 

Once Brian and Justin had collected the bags and carseats, they all moved out to get into one of the shelter’s vans.  Sally sat between Aaron and Jessi while Justin sat in the back next to Gus while Brian sat in the passenger seat near his father as Kevin drove.  The first stop was the cafe.  A large table already had four people sitting at it,  Emmett, James, Tom, and Natalia. There were hugs all around.  Gus sat next to his buddy, Tom, while after looking at her for a bit, Aaron leaned over and, wrapping his arms around her neck, kissed Nat’s cheek.

“Oh, my handsome boy, I have missed you, too.”

Once they started eating the group got noisy. They talked and laughed.  They listened to the wedding plans.  Tom and Nat both were glowing.  Brian noticed Tom had not touched Nat since they had arrived.

“So if you are both so happy, why aren’t you two touching at all?”

Em answered for him, “They haven’t done anything since Thanksgiving.  They aren’t even living in the same place.”

“I am afraid if I even touch her I will…. Two days.  I only have two day…” Now he did reach over and drug his hand along her jawline and kissed her lightly on the nose.  The two locked eyes for several seconds.

Emmett finally interrupted, “Excuse us, I love my James as much as any person in the world but you two are making me nauseated.” 

Everyone laughed and Tom blushed. He was still a bit uncomfortable when his love for Natalia was being focused on.  “Tom, you are a fortunate man. You were able to serve God until he brought Nat to you.” Kevin smiled at the couple and for a split second he wondered what his life would have been like if the night with Joan had never occurred.  What if his Anna Claire wouldn’t have gotten ill?  Then he took a deep breath and looked around the table.  He would have had none of these beautiful people in his life. 

“Dad, are you alright?” Brian had seen Kevin’s eyes go far away. “Is something wrong?”

“No, son, how could anything be wrong? I was just looking at the love at this table and was a bit overwhelmed by the blessings I have in my life.”

Brandy walked behind Kevin and after setting down the dishes she wrapped her arms around him, “Father Kev, you are the anchor to this whole crew.” She kissed his cheek and then took a seat next to Sally.  She kissed her wife and rested her hand on her growing belly. “And those that will be added to this growing crew.” Brandy smiled over at James and Emmett who kissed.

“Ronni really wanted to come but she knew it wasn’t safe.  She is getting tired easily.  Thankfully Charly and Conner are excellent and don’t let her do much more than hold Jessi and do a little cooking,” Emmett commented.  “I still worry about them.” Em’s tone had a strained quality and James pulled him close and kissed his temple.

“She will get a nice rest.  And by the time we get back she will have plenty of orders for you to help unpack in the new house.

“I will gladly help and you know I love to decorate.  Soon we will need to decorate the nursery, too.”

Aaron was starting to fuss and Jessi needed a diaper change. “I hate to break up the party,” Justin said, “But these two need naps and we should get settled into our hotel, if we can get in early.”

Kevin smiled down at Jessi who was in his arms, “Yes, I checked with them and they said anytime after 1:00 so we should be good.”

Brian pulled out his wallet and Brandy glared at him. “If you insult me by trying to pay me, you will find out what I learned when I lived on the street.”

“Sure, lady, I get you.” He stood and put his hands on her shoulders, kissing her on the lips with a big smack. He winked at her and said, “Thank you.”  

After plenty of hugs and kisses, Kevin tooked Sally’s car while Brian took the van and his family to the hotel, following Em, James, Tom, and Natalia in Tom and Nat’s car. Brian had reserved the Penthouse and Em, James, and Nat had already moved in. 

The room had been fully decorated for Christmas with a 12 foot tree in one corner.  There were lights and garland everywhere.  The tree was covered with frosty white balls and had icy blue ribbons draped around it. The hotel had put special ornaments for the children with their names on them. They really had tried to make it special for them. Justin held Aaron as he reached for the lights.  After a few minutes Aaron started fussing.

Nat took Aaron and it wasn’t long before she had him changed and laid in the crib while Em did the same for Jessi.  Gus sat on Tom’s lap as they watched a cartoon and soon he was dozing off, too.  Justin took Nat by the hand and led her out on the private rooftop terrace. 

“You look beautiful, Natalia.  Do you feel as good as you look?”

“I do.  This move is just what we needed and I haven’t  let Tom know but, god, I want him so bad.  I have almost gone to his bedroom so many times but now he is living in our new place so he isn’t under the same roof anyway.”

“I am sure it will be worth your wait.”

“And I can’t believe you and Brian are giving us a week in that suite across the hall.  It is so amazing. We really didn’t want to go anywhere.  We are so new to the city, we have lots to see.”

“We are glad to do it.  We could still switch it to an island somewhere.”

“No, I just want to lay in my husband's arms naked on the rooftop. And I keep wondering if I should have had the complete reconstruction.  I’m glad to be rid of the cock but should I have…”

“Nat, Tom loves you but you know he was never into sex with a female so I am sure you two will figure it out and both be very happy.”

“I can’t believe how much I love him. And in just over 2 days I will be his wife.”

“Is your mom coming to the wedding?”

“I don’t think so.  She doesn’t want to miss Christmas with the rest of my siblings and the grandkids.  I guess that is the downfall of a Christmas wedding. She said they would try to visit soon.” Nat was quiet for a few seconds and then said, “But the only thing that matters is we are going to be married and we have a lot of people who love us that will be there.”

Justin and Natalia hugged.  “Let us know if there is anything we can do tomorrow.”

“The only thing I know is that we are having a rehearsal at 2:00 tomorrow and then the evening is ours to celebrate Christmas.  I heard the girls are coming for dinner in your suite and then Tom, James, Emmy, and I are going to our room for our family Christmas and you can have yours.”

“That sounds perfect.”   Justin and Nat sat down in the shade and caught up.  Justin filled her in on the building relationship with Connor and Charly and that it was still very hush hush because Charly doesn’t want Shadow to be aware of it right now. And the conversation continued.


Brian sat in their room by himself.  He had opened his laptop and checked his email.  There was one from Cynthia and one from Ted.  Both said everything was under control and they were closing up for the holiday. They would not be going back until after the New Year.  He made a call about his Christmas gift for Kevin and was assured it would be there tomorrow and he looked through the gifts that had been delivered from Pittsburgh.  He made sure there were packages for everyone.  Em and James' gift was a note letting them know that the builder who is finishing up on Dante and Ronni’s house would be adding on a large family room and expanding the master bedroom by the time the baby arrives in about four months.  They had a floor plan drawn up for them and if they wanted to make some small changes they could.  

Brian looked for Justin and realized he was still outside with Nat. He roamed out to the terrace and sat next to Justin on the bench.  He put an arm around him and Justin leaned against him. Brian kissed his temple and then his jawline before he took Justin’s mouth.

“Why don’t I leave you two alone,” Nat laughed.  “I will go find my man.”

Justin waved over his shoulder as Brian pulled him closer. He brought his mouth up to his ear. “Damn, I want you.”

“There’s a hot tub five feet from here.” Justin tugged off his shirt and Brian followed.  They didn’t care who saw them.  They shed their briefs near the steps into the tub and then both of them stepped into the steaming water.  As soon as Brian sat down, Justin straddled his lap facing him. Their mouths sought each other and their tongues passed back and forth.  Justin sighed in Brian’s arms. “I want you.” Brian’s hand moved behind Justin and Justin felt Brian’s finger slip in, “Oh, god, I need a hell of a lot more than that.” With that he felt Brian position his cock and Justin moved up and then lowered himself down onto Brian’s erection. Slowly the began to move in tandem.

James and Emmett watched Brian and Justin for a few minutes before James kissed Em, “Let’s go to our room.  I think they have the right idea.”

“I thought you’d never ask.” They walked hand in hand toward the door.  “You two ok to stay here with the kids while those to...make love in the tub?”

“Sure, we aren’t doing that yet anyway.” Tom sighed as he held Nat’s hand while Gus slept with his head on his thigh.  He brought Nat’s hand to his mouth and kissed it.   “I love you Natalia.  I can’t wait to make you my wife.”

“I can’t wait to be your wife.” Natalia smiled over at her future husband.  “I love you.”

“Have you practiced your new name?”

“I have and I can’t think of a nicer name than Natalia Butterfield.”

“I couldn’t agree more.”


On Christmas Eve morning everyone was up early.  They all met Kevin and the girls at the diner and they served anyone who came in for a free breakfast.  They set up a buffet setting in the back room and they could eat all they wanted.  Natalia had baked large rolls and, with Tom’s help, had placed two in a bag for everyone to take with them for another meal.  After talking to Kevin, Brian and Justin had funded bags of personal hygiene bags.  Kevin had gotten some of those at the shelter and each person who ate took the little backpack out with them.  At noon, the girls locked the door.  They would be closed until the first of the year so they could renovate the cafe, adding Natalia’s Bakery to the side of the cafe. 

After they all ate some lunch, they went their separate ways.  Brian and Justin put the kids down for a nap including Gus, who, again, fell asleep on the sofa watching a movie. Sally and Brandy volunteered to watch the two smallest during the wedding rehearsal.  Aaron and Jessi were too little to understand it and all they were going to do was ride in a wagon.   


It was about 4:00 pm when they returned to the hotel.  Sally and Brandy were napping on the sofa while Aaron and Jessi slept.  “Your kids are so perfect.” Sally said as she and Brandy sat up and Gus scampered onto the sofa and squeezed between his aunts. 

“We are fond of them,” Justin said as he put an arm around Brian and Brian pulled him even closer, kissing his cheek.

“Why don’t you two go take an hour?” Brandy said.  “Consider it part of your Christmas gift from us. Take a nap. Use the hot tub.  Make love. I know you two don’t get a lot of time alone.”

Brian pulled Justin into his arms and kissed him deeply before they waved at the girls and walked into the master of the suite.  They both stripped off their shirts and pants and got in bed. Once they were in each others’ arms, they kissed and touched as they spoke softly.  “It really has been a hectic day.” Brian ran a finger across Justin’s clavicle.

“And you know it isn’t over.” Justin ran his tongue along Brian’s jawline.

“What do you say to actually getting a nap now and tonight, once the kids are in bed and Dad and the girls are here we can get in the hot tub and, depending on who joins us or doesn’t…” Brian’s hand slid between Justin’s legs and began to gently massage Justin’s ballsack.

 

“Lord, if you keep that up I’ll…”

“Relax and enjoy and fall asleep, Sunshine.” And to both of their surprise, soon they were both asleep.

At 5:30 the caterer arrived helped set up the food while Sally and James watched the kids. Brian and Justin had slept soundly and now, after a quick shower, still flushed from a deep sleep they had redressed and gone out to start their celebration. Kevin had arrived as did Tom and Natalia and they all sat down to eat dinner. The food was great and even Jessi tasted a little bit of mashed potatoes and a little bit of pudding from a salad.

As they were all finishing up their meal Gus moved over to Kevin. “Grandpa, do you think it is time to open the presents?”

 

“Well, I think we are.” He looked at all the people around the table and a couple sitting at the bar. “Can we move this to the Christmas tree? I know there are several packages I can’t wait to see opened.”

When everyone was sitting around the living area near the Christmas tree.  As the adults sipped cider and bourbon Gus passed out all the gifts. The adults all had at least two gifts in front of them but the kids all had a minimum of four. Aaron and Gus opened their gifts. None of them were extravagant but they had all been well planned. Each of the adults knew the children well.  Aaron was pushing a truck around the floor and Gus was flipping through one of the books his grandpa had bought him. Brian and Justin had gotten the girls a gift certificate for a very nice furniture outlet that specialized in nursery furniture.  Sally squealed, “I wanted to go there so bad but knew it was a bit out of our range.”

Justin opened the gifts for Jessi.  He held up an adorable romper that looked like it would be perfect for this summer. “Do you think it will fit her?” Kevin asked.

“I think it will be perfect.”

“I saw that and with her gorgeous skin color, and thought it would be perfect for her.” Kevin was holding his granddaughter close to his chest and kissed her cheek. “I didn’t know what love was until I met all of you.”

There were gifts for Em and James as well as Nat and Tom.  Kevin commented, “I didn’t need wrapped presents.  All of you are more than enough,” but he smiled as he did so.  When he got to an envelope he opened it and looked stunned. “Justin, Brian…..this is too much? I….” The slip of paper said they were being given four vans.  Two are here in Atlanta. They will be delivered to the shelter here in the next couple days.  They would be driving one up to Pittsburgh and the fourth is already up there.  The last paragraph let him know there was also a company that will add whatever design you have for the Legacy Center.

“Dad, I talked to dealers and they gave us amazing deals for the vans and the designer is not charging us for his time.  There are people out there with very big hearts.”

“There are people in here that do, too.”

Soon the bride and groom, along with Em and James, left.  Tom  went to their new home while Nat stayed with his uncle.  Then Brandy helped Sally up.  She still was thin but her belly was just starting to be visible for those that knew she was expecting. Kevin sat in a large overstuffed chair.  He was going to sleep in Gus’ room.  Brian and Justin each had one of the little ones in their arms.  “We will be out in a few minutes, Dad,” Brian said.

“Come on, Gus, let me put you to bed.  I will join you in a little while, Ok?”

“Sure, Grandpa.  May I look at one of my new books before I go to sleep?”

“I think that is fine but just one.  It won’t be long before Santa will be near us and if you’re awake….”  Kevin and Gus walked into the room they would share.

“I’ll go right to sleep.  I can look at the books tomorrow.” Gus quickly switched into his pajamas and rushed to the bathroom to brush his teeth.  Kevin helped him wash his face and then guided him into bed.  

Kevin gave him a big hug. “Good night, Gus.  This is the best Christmas I have had in a very long time. I love you.”

“I love you, too, Grandpa.” He hugged Kevin tightly. “You know what was the best thing today?”

“All your presents?”

“No, Grandpa.  The best part was all the nice people we ate breakfast with. And I got to say goodbye to all of them when they left and gave them their bags. I think everyone of them smiled at me.”

“Oh, my precious boy,” Kevin and Gus hugged. “You are such a special child.”  He kissed Gus’ forehead.  “Good night, Gus.”

Kevin walked out of the room and pulled the door shut.  


Brian and Justin stood between the two cribs that were set up in a small office. Both little ones were sound asleep.  They turned into each other and kissed and then just held each other for a few moments.  “Was today as wonderful for you as it was for me?” Justin asked Brian.  “I mean I miss my family but…”

Whispering, Brian said, “Today was fucking perfect. And speaking of fucking…” Brian crushed Justin’s mouth. By the time they separated they were both shaking. “We will continue that later.”

Kevin found his son and son in law on the sofa, kissing each other. “I can go to bed if you two want to…”

“No, Dad. It is early and we will go to bed in an hour or so.”

“I want to thank you.  This has been the Christmas of my dreams.  Every Christmas is special but today….” Kevin’s voice cracked. “I never dreamed I would have a Christmas with my son, with grandchildren, and my girls with another baby on the way.

 

Justin stood and walked over to Kevin and hugged him.  “We couldn’t imagine a better day either.” Justin got a drink for each of them.  “I want to tell you what Gus said to me when I put him down. He said the best part of his day was serving breakfast to the people in need.  He just wanted to make them smile.”

It wasn’t long and the men said goodnight.   Brian and Justin put one gift for each kid under the tree that said from Santa and, arm and arm walked to the bedroom.


Gus was thrilled to get a gift from Santa and spent time telling Aaron who Santa was.  The day was a little erratic for everyone.  They ate brunch at the hotel but then it was time to put the kids suits and dress on and they dressed themselves to head to the wedding.  Kevin left to make sure everything was ready at the church and the rest of the bridal party was already at the church dressing.  

When Brian, Justin, and the kids arrived at 2:00 pm, an hour before the wedding the rest of the participants were there.  It had come out at rehearsal that James was standing up for Tom so now those two were in a small room off the sanctuary while the rest were in a large room down a hall.   “Oh, Brian, could you run out to the van,” Justin asked.  “I forgot the little headband for Jessi laying on the dash.

Brian walked out the main door as a taxi pulled up.  He froze for a split second and then strode toward it.  Natalia’s parents, two of Natalis siblings, and Bennett, Emmett’s father, stepped out of the van.  Brian smiled warmly.  “I am so glad you could make it.  If you let me grab something from our van, I’ll take you to see your family.”

When Brian stepped into the bride’s dressing room with her mother at his side there wasn’t a dry eye among the adults. “Mama, you came?”

“I couldn’t miss my daughter’s wedding.  You look beautiful, sweetheart.” She kissed Nat’s cheek.  “Your father and siblings are here along with your grandfather.” She smiled at Emmett. I know you have only a few minutes.  We will talk at the reception.”

The wedding went off perfectly.  The church was all done in white and red with large Christmas trees and the kids were all in red.  Gus pulled his brother and sister down the aisle and they both sat in the wagon during the ceremony.  

Kevin said all the right words and Tom and Natalia stated their love for each other and, although short and sweet, everyone was touched. As soon as it was over, Emmett hugged all of his family and then Nat introduced everyone to her new husband.  They all warmed to Tom right away.  

There was a small reception for 25.  A few of the wait staff from the diner joined them.  Through Sally and Brandy’s connection a great meal was served to them on Christmas evening at the ballroom of the hotel. 

By 7:00 pm everyone had eaten and done a little dancing but by then, Tom pressed his lips to Nat’s ear. “I need you, love.  Let’s go upstairs.  We will have breakfast with everyone before they head back home.”

“Let me go kiss my mom and we can go up.”  Natalia said and, in her wedding dress, she walked across the room.  “Mom, we are going but we will see you at breakfast and then, I promise, we will come to visit soon.”

“It was a beautiful wedding and I am so glad to see you happy.  Tom is a sweet man.”

“I couldn’t agree more.  I love you, Mom.”


While the rest of the group stayed for a few more minutes, Natalia and Tom took the private elevator up to the Penthouse. By the time they arrive, Tom had already undone the zipper on Nat’s dress and as she walked into the suite, she stepped out of it.  Tom picked up the dress and followed his wife into the room, tossing the dress over the sofa. Without a word he picked her up and carried her into the bedroom.  Within moments, they lay on the bed, Natalia in a bustier and a flimsy scrap of lace while Tom had silk boxers on. 

“Tom, you don’t have to wait any longer.  Please, don’t wait any longer.”

Tom needed no further encouragement.  He moved very slowly.  It had been so long he had a hard time holding back but soon, he had entered her all the way and as she had one leg on his shoulder he came over top of her and kissed her. And soon they climaxed together.

After catching their breath, Nat said, “Tom, are you happy with me, the way I am? I mean we can’t make love like a normal couple would.”

“Nat, you know I love YOU.”  He stuck his tongue out and licked one of her nipples on the now size C breasts.  “I AM SURE I can get used to these.” He bit the nipple lightly, “and I am sure we can work at figuring this out for, should we say, 50 years?”

“Or 60 or 70.” And with that she rolled over and straddled him.  “Ready for round two?”


They all met for breakfast in the hotel restaurant. It wasn’t very long and James, Emmett, Justin and the babies had to catch a plane.  Brian, Kevin and Gus were planning to leave around noon.  They planned to drive about half way today and then they would drive the rest of the way the next day.” 

Emmett said goodbye to his dad and the rest of the family and made his dad promise to come once his grandchild was born.  “I will be there, Emmett.  Your mama would be so happy for you.”

“Thanks, Dad.  I will see you in April, Daddy.” 

Brian and Kevin drove them out to the airport and once they were dropped off, Brian drove to Kevin’s to load in the last of his personal things and they were off.

Nat and Tom invited her family up to the penthouse and they got to know each other for a couple hours.  Brian had kept the other penthouse for one more day so Natalia’s family, who was going to stay at a cheap hotel, stayed in luxury for the night.  They used the hot tub and relaxed giving Nat and Tom time alone but then they all ate dinner together in the larger penthouse.  At the end of the evening, they all said goodbye.  The family had an early morning flight and they insisted the newlyweds say goodbye now.  There were happy tears from the women with words they would see each other soon.


The flight back to Pittsburgh went off without a hitch.  Emmett and James helped with the kids and by the time they made it back to Britan, Ronni was ready to hold her babies.  After both kids were down for the night, Justin crawled in bed with the beginning of a headache gnawing at the back of his head.  He drank his tea and took his medication and then he did what he really needed most.  He called Brian.  They had texted when the plane landed and then again when Brian, Kevin, and Gus stopped for the night.  Now he needed to hear his voice.

“Hey, Sunshine.”

“Hey, baby.” Justin lit a joint and took a deep drag in.

“Are you smoking?” Brian said and a split second later he said, “Do you have a headache? Are you smoking a joint?”

“I do and I am.” 

“Is it bad?”

“It will be ok in about half an hour.”

“You know if you’re there alone…”

“Don’t worry, Bri.  James and Emmett are sleeping in the main house so they have the baby monitors and I am going to finish smoking this and I’ll be fine in the morning.”

“I love you, Sunshine.  Gus did great and he is sleeping with his grandpa of course. My bed will be very chilly tonight.”

“I love you, Brian Kinney.  Once you make it back tomorrow our life will be perfect.”

“I hate to tell you this but it might be another day.  We are in the mountains of West Virginia and they are calling for snow.”

“Just come home to us safe.”

Justin’s voice was getting farther away, “I think I need to sleep now.  Love you, Bri.  I love you so much.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine. See you soon.”











Epilogue


“It would have been great if the girls could have come up for our New Year’s Eve party but I know they have friends of their own.” Justin said to Brian as he set down the phone.  “They are going up to the penthouse since Tom and Nat have it until tomorrow.”

“Ya,” Brian pulled him close, “I am glad we finally made it home.  And I’m glad James and Em were here to help you.”

“And of course Molly and Connor were here most of the time.  Tonight Mom and Tuck will be spending the night along with whoever else wants to stay.”

“I noticed Charly and Conner seem chummier than ever.” Brian said as he wrapped his arms around Justin.

“Yes, they are.  They are talking about telling Shadow soon.”

It was 8:00 when people started arriving.  Ted and Blake, Cynthia and her date, Debbie and Carl were coming for the meal and Michael and Ben were in town so they were there, too.  The little ones were already in bed by the time most of the guests arrived.  As people ate from a large variety of food, James, Kevin, and Blake were having an excited conversation about the Legacy Center.  They were hoping to have it up and running by mid January, depending on the contractor’s progress. Everyone at the party was excited about it.  Debbie and Carl had already said they would be volunteering.  Debbie was retiring from the diner to help Blake and James and Carl, with his cop connections would be a great help.

The evening continued and some of them left after dinner or they were there for the evening and drank freely.  Since Ronni couldn’t drink, she was going to take baby duty tonight leaving Brian and Justin free to enjoy themselves. Gus went to bed about 10:00 and by midnight the party was full of love and laughter. They had some music playing and as it got nearer to midnight they started talking about the new year and plans and goals.  

At 11:55 James walked over to Brian.  “Hey, the gate buzzer just went off.  You told me to leave it open so whoever drove through is on their way right now.  I will go check who it is.”

“Take Connor with you.  I will watch on the tablet and if I see anything questionable I will sound the alarm.” 

Justin had come over to Brian. “What is it?”

“Someone drove through the open gate.  We don’t know the car.  James and Connor are checking it out.”

James walked around to the driver’s side and they could see him talking to someone but at this angle they had no view. They could see James say something to Connor and they saw Connor reenter the house.  Brian and Justin moved toward the door as the minute countdown began.

“Connor, who is it? Do I need to call the police?”

“No, sir.  James seems to know the driver.  He is going to escort whoever it is to the door.”

“He wouldn’t let my father in, would he?” Justin asked.

“Of course he wouldn’t but who the hell is it?”

Brian and Justin opened the door as they heard their guests yell 10, 9, 8, 7.

James was leading the way carrying a suitcase.  “James, who the hell…” James stepped through the door and moved to the side.

“Hi, Brian. Hey Justin.”

“Lindsay, you could have told us you were coming.”

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!” the guests in the other room yelled.

“I told you I would be back by the end of the year.  I told you I was going to come back for my son.”

“The hell you are.  It’s been a year.  You can’t just come back like…”


An hour later the house was quiet except for Connor and Charly putting the last of the food away.  Lindsay was in Connor’s room for the night and he was staying with Charly since Shadow was with a friend. The rooms were all full with invited party guests but they couldn’t just send her off without a place to stay.

Brian and Justin lay in their bed in something similar to shock.  “I can’t believe she didn’t tell us.  I can’t believe she just showed up.”

“Gus is going to be so excited but you and I both know he isn’t going to want to live with her.”

Brian jumped up and said, “Fuck! We just got your father off our ass and now…”

“Brian, this will work out.  No matter what she tries we can deal.  We have too much going well to worry about her.  Come here, babe.” Brian got back in bed and Justin wrapped his arms around him.  She can have some visitation but he is ours. Now,” Justin kissed his head, “Let’s get some sleep.  The kids won’t sleep in and the year ahead is going to be amazing.  Brian, this is a new adventure for the Taylor-Kinney-Cain family.   This is the beginning of a new legacy.


The Legacy Series

Coming the fall of 2021

 

The End.
Simply written is the author of 41 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked A Son's Admiration also liked 394 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Family Issues Series. The previous story in the series is A Father's Remorse.