- Text Size +

Chapter 2


“Am I too early?” Nate stepped into Em’s kitchen.

“You are never too early.  I will just put you to work.” Emmett looked at Nate’s outfit.  He was in a casual ruffled blouse and knee length skirt.  “How are you feeling?”

“I’m feeling good.  The hormones are a little more in check and as you can see, I am getting comfortable in my new skin. I thought before the house guests arrive I would start wearing clothes I am comfortable in.”

“And you would like to be introduced as Natalia or Nat?” Em questioned.

“Yes, I still feel a little awkward but I have felt awkward in my own skin all my life. I always knew this wasn’t going to be easy but the hardest part so far is not seeing Tom. I miss him.”

“He misses you, too.  He called me the other night with some trumped up conversation but he really only wanted to find out how you were.   Maybe you should call him and say hi.”

“Em, it is taking all my strength not to call him but it would be so wrong for him.  You know his job would be on the line if there were any rumors about him and me. I couldn’t live with myself if he had to change his life because of me.  And he is such a good priest.”

“I am not sure if it was best for both of you or not but I think it had to be done, Nate.  Sorry, Nat.”

“Uncle Em, thanks for correcting yourself but I understand that will happen for a while. Now what are we eating and what can I do to help?”  


About half an hour later Ronni and Dante had joined James, Em, and Nat. They talked about Ronni and Dante’s new house.  It was progressing quickly.  Dante had planned to build this house for years.  He just didn’t know where it would be built until he met Ronni. It wasn’t a massive house but it had all the upgrades they could want. It had three bedrooms and a kitchen every chef would envy. Em asked about decorating features while Dante and James talked about security and electronics. Nat went back and forth between the conversations.  

“Hey, Em and James, thanks for dinner but I am going to head back.  I have to meet the cleaning crew early in the morning and make sure when they leave the place is ready for the guests.”

Ronni stood and walked Nat to the door.  She hugged him and whispered, “Do you want to do a makeup day this week?”

“Oh Ronni, I would love that.  I have put on drag makeup but I need to know how to do normal, day to day.”

“I’ll text you once I talk to the guests.” Ronni walked back and sat next to Dante.  She looked at her son and son in law.  “Are you going to tell us what is going on? You both have been acting odd.  If it was possible, I’d say one of you was pregnant.”

Em and James looked at each other and James said, “Mom, we have something to ask you but we know you and Dante will have to think about this. And if...”

“What is it, Jamey?”

“You know Em and I have talked about having a family and, well, we don’t know if this is even possible but,  we were wondering if you might be willing to donate your eggs and even carry the baby for us, if any of that is possible.”

“Ronni, we understand if you and Dante don’t  want to do this but we would just love to have a baby that is part of both of us.  We would love any child but….”

“Well, that is quite a request,” Dante commented.  “I just want you to know, if we get the doctor’s Ok that it is safe for her, it is her decision.  I could never stop her from doing something like that and I would never try.”

“Thank you, Ronni and Dante.”  Em put his arm through James.  “We will understand if you choose not to.”

“I will need to think about this and, yes, I will have to check with a doctor. I’m not 30 years old anymore and neither are my eggs and I didn’t have a horrible pregnancy with James but…”

“Mama,” James stood and walked over to her and extended his hand.  “You know how much I love you and if the doctor says that he wouldn’t suggest it I would never let you do this.  You come first in this case.  We will be able to have kids another way if it isn’t right for you.” James hugged his mother.

Ronni reached for Dante’s hand and he stood.  “Thank you for dinner. We both love both of you.” She hugged Emmett also.  “I have some things to think about. You are going to be great parents no matter how it happens.” 

And then it was just Em and James. “Well, we talked to them.” Em said.  “If it doesn’t work, we will find another way.”

“We are asking a lot of both of them but if anything happens to my mother…”

“James, Dante will not let her do it if there is any danger.  You know he loves her as much as we do.  She is so healthy and young.  Women her age have children every day.”

“You’re right. Let’s go finish cleaning up the kitchen and then maybe,” James pulled Emmett close and kissed him, slipping a hand over Em’s jean covered ass. “Emmett Honeycutt Augustin, do you know how much I love you?”

“Almost as much as I love you?”

“Will any of this spoil before morning?” 

Emmett looked around and stuck a couple things in the refrigerator. “I will do the dishes in the morning.” 

James picked him up and threw him over his shoulder. “That ass is mine for the next couple hours.”

“No, that ass is yours for the next several decades,” Em said as he was carried to the bedroom.


Justin woke and shut his eyes again.  He wouldn’t say this was one of his bad headaches but he hadn’t slept well.  He kept dreaming about a little girl reaching for him and smiling at him with a mop of dark hair but then he saw Brian, in the background, scowling and walking away. He wasn’t sure what Brian’s hesitancy was.  Justin started to sit up and dropped back down.  He felt movement next to him.

Brian gave him a light kiss. He reached past him and got one of Justin’s pills and handed it to him.  “I’ll go get you some tea.  The boys should be sleeping for a while yet.”  Brian came back in a few minutes to find Justin sitting up in bed. He could see the dark circles under his eyes. “You look like shit.” He said as he handed him the cup.  Brian sat on the edge next to him with his own cup of coffee.

“Thanks, honey, love you, too,” Justin said cynically.

Brian reached out and gently stroked his cheek and Justin rested his head in Brian’s palm.  “Is it bad?”

“It isn’t going to have me in bed for days.  It is just the remnants of the trip and the kids were tired last night and…” 

“Sunshine, isn’t that enough to show you that a baby right now isn’t the best idea?”

“Babies don’t always come when you are ready for them.”

“But ours can. We can find a surrogate and you could donate…”

“But what happens to this baby? What if she ends up in the system?”

“Justin, be reasonable. We aren’t even going to be home for over a month.”

Justin finished his tea and set the cup down. Without another word, he walked to the bathroom and Brian heard the shower start.  He sighed.  He just didn’t feel like this is what they needed right now.  Justin pushed himself so hard to be everything for everyone and now he wanted to add another person? How much could he take?

Brian checked his phone and found a message from Sally.  They had the morning off and were wondering if they could bring some of their stuff over to the guest house around 10:00.  He responded they were welcome anytime just as Justin came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. They hadn’t unpacked anything last night so he opened a suitcase and started putting his clothes in drawers. Brian came up behind him and put his arms around his shoulders.  “Damn you smell so good.  I love you, Justin.  I hate this tension between us.”

Justin turned into his arms and kissed him. “I do too and I love you, too. My head is feeling much better. I will drink another cup of tea and I will be good to go.”  They kissed again.  “I wish we had time for more but the boys will be up soon and I need to dress.”

“Sal and Brandy will be here about 10:00 to bring some of their stuff.”

“Ok, I think I hear Gus talking.  I need to pull on clothes.” Three minutes later Justin had shorts and a t-shirt on.  He kissed Brian as he walked to the shower and Justin was out the door.  He peeked in the door to the boys bedroom and Gus was sitting next to Aaron’s bed and telling him a story with one of his books. “Good morning, boys.” 

“Morning, Daddy J.  I’m reading Aaron a story.”

“Good morning, Gus.” Justin went over and kissed Gus.

“Dadadada.” Aaron said as Justin picked him up.

By the time Aaron had on a fresh diaper and clean romper for the day, they went out and found Brian in the kitchen.  He was starting some scrambled eggs and had bread in the toaster.  Justin placed Aaron in his highchair and he split a banana between the boys.  Justin moved behind Brian and slid his hand across Brian’s ass. “Those shorts fit amazingly.” He pulled out his phone and texted Brandy.  ‘Make sure you bring your suits if you have time.  The boys would love to swim with you’.  He whispered in Brian’s ear, “Maybe Sal and Brandy can swim with the boys for an hour while we…”

“Damn, I love the way you think.”

Brandy and Sal brought in several suitcases and bags and by 11:00 they were settled for now and put on their swimsuits. Justin had already brought the boys out and after slathering them in waterproof sunscreen they were splashing in the water.

Brian walked out and knelt next to Sally who was in the shallow end of the pool.  He said softly, “Do you mind watching these two for about an hour? I have plans for my husband.”

“Awe, I am not sure if you are a romantic or just horny but either way, we have to leave around 2:00 so I can make desserts for dinner.” 

Brian kissed her cheek. “Thanks, just ignore any noises you hear.”  Brian slipped his arm around Justin’s waist and they moved into the house. 

“Where’d those two go?” Brandy asked Sally as she sat next to Aaron on the steps of the pool.”

“Use your imagination.” Sally said as she played catch with Gus in the water.

“I’d rather go watch. They are so damn hot.”

“You don’t have to tell me that.  I’m the bisexual, remember?”

“Do I have to be worried?” Brandy reached over and ran her fingers down the back of her thigh.

Sally shivered, “You have nothing to worry about.”

Brian and Justin stripped and acted a bit like teenagers.  They rolled around on the bed, grabbing, rubbing, kissing, and finally Brian entered Justin. They moved as one and then came as one. Once they were both ready for round two, Brian lay on his back and Justin straddled him. He slowly began to move up and down on Brian’s erection.  They teased each other until once again they both climaxed. After laying there for about ten minutes they both got up and put on shorts before going out to the pool.  

Sally lay on a lounge with Aaron sitting on her stomach while Brandy worked with Gus teaching him to swim. Justin picked up Aaron and said, “Ladies, we can take our sons and if you would like to come for lunch in say, half an hour, I’ll have a salad together and there are some really good looking rolls and cold cuts in the kitchen.”

Sally walked over to the edge of the pool as  Brandy and Gus got out. “Sounds good.  Maybe after lunch we will have time to, um, relax.” Brandy said as she walked out of the pool and glided her hand over Sally’s bare midriff. 

Sally almost purred, “We will be there for lunch after we shower off.”

The women stripped and got in the shower of their temporary home. It wasn’t long and Brandy had Sally on the verge of an orgasm.  When she plunged her fingers deep inside Sally, she went over the edge, screaming loudly.

After they finished the shower, Sally kissed Brandy, “Your turn after lunch. We better get dressed and over there now.”

“I think we are going to have a great couple of months.” Brandy said as they walked hand in hand to the house.


After lunch Brian and Justin, along with the boys went to see where Grandpa worked. Justin drove since he had been there before.  Kevin came out to greet them and then carrying Aaron and holding Gus’ hand he went around introducing them to all his coworkers. By the time they arrived at the daycare section, Gus was ready to play with kids his own age so the three men and Aaron moved on.  Kevin showed them the new wing that Justin and Brian had helped finance.

“Justin, this is the area I am hoping you can help with.  You can see these hallways and the rooms are very nondescript.  I have volunteers that are going to paint the rooms a variety of colors but I was hoping you could do some murals or abstract art in the hallway.  We would love something on the outside of the building, too, but that will have to wait.  It will be far too hot to paint outside this visit.”

Justin squeezed Kevin’s arm, “We will be back.  That can be next time.”

Kevin showed them around the remainder of the building and they walked back to his office. “Father, I have a message for you,” his secretary said as they entered the brightly lit area.”

“Thank you,” he said and read it over quickly. He crossed himself and said something very softly.

“Bad news?” Brian asked.

“Oh, just Mary was put in the hospital on bed rest. Mary is a sweet woman but she is a bit scattered and not very organized.  I know she has gone to her doctor’s appointments and done her best to have a healthy pregnancy but she hasn’t done any planning. By now she should have gone to social services that help with adoptions and she should have chosen a family.  She should have been building a rapport with them so she would feel comfortable once it was time for the baby to arrive. She wants me to come see her because now she is panicking that the child will end up in foster care.”

“Are you going to go see her?” Brian asked.

“Yes, I need to,” Kevin said.

“May I go with you?” Justin asked.

“You all can if you like.”

“No,” Brian said quickly.  “The boys need a nap, at least this one does.” Aaron had laid his head on Brian’s shoulder.

“You can take the boys home and put them down and I will see you...How long will we be gone?”

“We should be back at about 5:00.”

“Justin, Don’t you think…” Brian stopped. “I’ll get Gus.” He took the diaper bag Justin had over his shoulder and left the room.

“I wondered if you two had talked about it. Last night it was obvious you weren’t in agreement.” Kevin grabbed his car keys and Justin followed him to the car as they talked.

“I don’t know what his problem is.  We have talked about another child and it is like we are being offered one and it is a girl and I so wanted a baby girl.  Gus and Aaron will be such good big brothers.”

“Justin, I will never be a father in law that pries and I have seen the love you and my son have but a child is not like painting the bathroom.”

“Kevin, he is doing this because he doesn’t think I can handle another child.  I mean we parent together but because of my job, some things fall on me and I wouldn’t have it any other way. He just thinks I am too fragile.”

“Are you fragile? I mean I know about your headaches.”

“Yes, I get headaches but for one thing, we always have help in the house if I have a bad day and I am having fewer and fewer bad days.  Between the medication I have and Ronni’s miracle tea, I may only have one day a month where I suffer a bit.”

“I have to admit, you would be an answer to prayers.” Kevin turned on his blinker and got on the freeway.  “I think it is best not to out and out tell Mary you want her baby.  Let’s get a feel for her mood and let her get to know you a little. Show her pictures of my beautiful grandsons.  Let her see your family.  Will Brian be upset if you push this?”

“Brian always gives me what I want.”

“I would worry about that if I didn’t know your heart, Justin.”

The men chatted as they continued toward the hospital.  And then they were there. Kevin stopped at the welcome desk as he clipped on his clergy bag. They gave him Mary’s room number and Justin and Kevin moved to the elevators.

Kevin led the way and tapped on the door as he walked into Mary’s room. “Hey, sweetheart, how are you feeling? How’s that baby of yours?”

“Oh, Father Kevin, thank you for coming. My partner had to go to work and I was getting lonely.  Who is this with you?”

“Oh, I am sorry.  What poor manners I have.  Mary, this is my son in law, Justin.”

Justin moved closer and shook her hand.  “Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, too.  Father Kevin, I heard about your son.  That is so cool.”

“It is.  They are visiting for the summer. Justin is an amazing artist and he is doing a couple things to help the shelter. And, with a son and son in law, I got two grandsons!  Justin, show off your beautiful family.” Justin opened his picture gallery and handed his phone to her.

“Oh, look at those beautiful faces.  Did you have surrogates?”

“No, Gus, the oldest is Brian’s son.  He is with us most of the time but he was born to a friend of Brian’s and her partners.  Aaron is actually my half brother.  My father had a relationship before he was sent to prison.  The mother is an amazing woman who is finishing her school now.  He just turned one this week.”

“You have a beautiful family,” Mary’s voice cracked. “Father Kev, I screwed up again.  I don’t know what I am going to do.  I really don’t want my baby to go into foster care.  I don’t want her to be passed around.”

Justin started opening his mouth but Kevin laid a hand on his shoulder.  “I have a couple leads.  I will follow up on those. Will your girlfriend be back tonight?”

“Yes, she will be here around dinner time.”

“Well, I need to get Justin back to his boys and I am going to try to con a dinner invitation from him.”

“You know you are always welcome, Kevin.” Justin walked to Mary and took her hand.  It was very nice meeting you.  I wish you all the best.”

“Thank you, Justin.  You are very nice.” 

They said goodbye and walked out to the elevator. Once in the car, “We are going to have that baby.  I just…”

“I stopped you for a reason.  I want to check out a couple things before we say too much. There was a time when Mary was young that she was a bit of a scam artist. I mean she needed to survive but I know more than once she fleeced money from people.  I don’t want her to have too much of your information if that is still in her nature.” They moved out of the hospital to the car. “I will come back tomorrow and talk to her a little more. And you need to talk to my son.”

“Kevin, we will talk.  I think you know him well enough already.  You talking to him would do more.  Remind him I am stronger than he thinks. Remind him he makes mid 6 digits, we can afford to hire someone to help me and my family makes me happier than anything else in the world.”

“Justin, if he asks for my advice I will tell him what I think but I am not going to get into the middle of this.”

“I’m sorry I won’t pull you into it.  We will work it out.” Justin pulled out his phone, “I’m telling Brian we will pick up some dinner at the diner if you don’t mind going past there.”

“Sounds like a great idea.” 

“Grandpa…..” Gus shouted as they came in the door. He ran full speed into his arms.

“He used to run to me like that.” Justin said smiling as Gus was embraced by Kevin.

“Hey,” Justin walked over to Brian and gave him a kiss.  He looked over at Aaron who was standing by a chair bouncing up and down on his little legs. 

“Dadada,” Aaron smiled over at Justin and started wobbling to his daddies.  Justin set the bag of food down on the counter.

“So did she fall in love with you and offer you her child?” Brian said snidely.

“So it is going to be like that?” Justin raised his eyebrows and then bent and picked up Aaron. 

Brian took the bag of food and started emptying it. “What are we eating?”

“Your guess is as good as mine.  Sally said she would pack us enough food for the five of us. Brian looked at Justin, ready to make a snide comment but he looked at his dad and thought better of it. Justin had to realize he was doing this for him but right now was not the time.  

Gus put the plates on the table while Kevin brought the silverware.  Justin put Aaron in his highchair then Brian and Justin got the food on the table.  One of the containers said, ‘the boys’.  Brian opened it and it was the most amazing mac and cheese they had ever seen.  It had some cauliflower and carrots ‘hidden’ inside.  Both Gus and Aaron dug in.  The other containers had hot roast beef sandwiches in them. It was homemade bread layered with slices of roast, and topped with mashed potatoes and gravy.

“I hope you guys like it.  They know it is my favorite.” Kevin pushed the plate aside and dug into the food straight from the container. “Oh, my girls are so talented.” He took a massive bite of everything together. “I say I adopted them but I think they actually adopted me.”

“This is so good,” Justin said.

Gus and Aaron both had some mashed potatoes and gravy from their dads and soon everyone was full.  “I think I see cookies in here.”

“May I have a cookie, PLEASE?” Gus asked.  

“How about if I help you with your bath while Grandpa and Daddy straighten up this little mess and then we can have dessert by the pool in your jammies?”

“Yeah!” Gus said and looked at Kevin, “You are going to have dessert too, aren't you Grandpa?”

“Of course, I am you little munchkin! You don’t think you get to eat my dessert, do you?”  Kevin walked around and kissed Gus on the top of his head. “Go with Daddy J and I promise to be here.” Justin took Aaron out of the highchair and with Gus in the lead, they went to their shared room.

“He told you to convince me we need this baby, didn’t he.” Brian said as he collected the trash off the table.

“Son, I am not going to tell either of you to do anything. I am here to listen if you want to tell me your concerns.”

“Dad, he does so much already! He has the Anna Claire project.  He has the boys.  He keeps the staff organized. And then he tries to squeak in time with his art. And then there are his headaches.  Dad, he doesn’t need any more stress.”

“And there is no other reason?” Kevin asked.

“When I get busy I hardly see him.  With another kid… You think we should take the baby.”

“Brian, yes, I want that baby to find a good home but it has to be the right home.” Kevin wiped the table and said, “Why don’t you make a pot of coffee? And I want to hear more about this racing experience.  I think I could enjoy that.”

Before Brian could say anything, Gus came flying past making the noise of a race car.  “Gus, your dad and I were just talking about race cars.”

Gus led his grandpa outside and once Kevin had sat down, Gus crawled up on his lap.  Brian was pouring coffee into the carafe when Justin came around the corner with Aaron all fresh and snuggly.  Justin passed the sleepy little boy to Brian and kissed Aaron’s cheek and then kissed Brian.  The kiss wasn’t long but when they separated both men shivered.

“Come here snuggly boy,” Brian held Aaron close and he kissed his daddy.

“Are the cookies outside?” 

“Ya, Kevin took them out. I have the bottle and Gus’ sippy cup.”

“And I have the coffee and mugs,” Justin said as he followed Brian outside.” 

“And we went over 100 miles an hour.  I can’t even count that far.” Gus was saying as they walked up to the table. Gus and Aaron drank milk and had a cookie while the men sipped on coffee and ate a cookie, too.

“Dad, we will need to go back to Charlotte.  Maybe when we head home you could come up with us that far and we can do it again.  I have never done anything so fun.”

“I can remember a few times…” Justin said under his breath.

Brian leaned over and kissed him, “That is a whole different activity.” He turned back to his dad, “I actually hit 163. It was such a high. Maybe I will start my own team. I am going to see if there is something close to home. If I could drive like that all the time..”

“Brian, you’re not serious are you? I mean it was fun and we could set something up a couple times a year but they have all the safety procedures in place.  You can’t …”

“Why can’t I? I work hard, I can play hard.”

“Gus, I think it is time for bed.  Say goodnight to your grandpa and your daddy.” Justin lifted a sleeping Aaron off of Brian’s chest. Gus kissed Kevin and Brian and followed Justin into the house.  Justin laid Aaron down and then tucked Gus into his bed.

“Daddy J are you and Daddy mad at each other?”

“Why do you ask that, Gus?”

“I don’t know.  You aren’t yelling or anything but you usually kiss a lot more and,” he reached out and touched Justin’s cheek, “you touch each other like this.”

“Oh, sweetheart, no.  And you know we always love each other, right?”

“Oh, I know that, Daddy J.  Even when you are mad at each other you love each other.”

Justin gave his oldest son a big hug.  “You are so right.  I will always love your dad and you boys.”

“I love you, too, Daddy J.”

When Justin arrived back outside he was carrying a cup of tea.  Kevin was asking Brian about the racing.  He was happy to hear him asking about the safety protocols they had in place.  “See, Brian, they had all the safety rules in place.  You can’t just…”

“You aren’t going to tell me again what I can and can’t do, are you?

“Well, you seem to enjoy telling me what I can…”

“And that’s my cue to go. Justin, are you coming over tomorrow to start sketching?”

“Ya, and I will have the boys in the daycare.  I will have to leave about 3:00 so I can check out my art at the gallery. Can the boys stay there?”

“Of course.  How about you, son? What are your plans?”

“I actually have to do a little work in the morning.  It shouldn’t be more than a couple hours.  Mainly, Ted needs my signature and then I will come and look at the business plan you mentioned.”

“Oh, that would be great. Well, I have a long day tomorrow. I will see you both tomorrow.” He kissed Justin and then Brian before leaving through the house.

Brian and Justin still sat next to each other but they were both very quiet. Justin stood.  “I need to go to bed. Are you coming?”

“In a….” he felt Justin tense up.  “Ya, I am coming.” They both stood and Brian pulled him close, running his hands down to Justin’s ass.  “You were right about one thing.  Riding that ass of yours is the best ride I could ever have.”


The next day they all completed the schedule they had planned. Justin got the sketches done for the shelter and Brian helped Kevin with the advertising for Justin’s art show fundraiser. The boys were in the daycare and every time Brian or Justin checked on them they were having a great time. “Dad, this place is great.”

“I have great staff and the daycare is our biggest monthly income for the shelter.” Kevin patted Brian’s arm and picked up the layout for the brochure.  “And this will get people to the Gala and Justin’s artwork will bring so much awareness to this place.”  Kevin’s phone pinged. “Oh, I have to go.”

“You are coming for dinner, right?”

“I would love to but you don’t have to feel obligated to have me every night.”

“Dad, it isn’t an obligation.  The boys love you and we are still getting to know each other.”

“I am heading to the hospital to see Mary. Have you and Justin talked?”

“I still have my reasons for not liking the idea of a baby right now but, Dad, last night Aaron woke up and Justin picked him up and brought him out of the room so Gus didn’t awake. I watched him calm him down and get him a drink and then he sang to him and he fell back to sleep.  How can I deny another child the love we have to give? I have to admit I have been thinking about her already.”

“Have you told him yet?”

“I will tell him tonight but he has to give a little bit about the racing.”

“Brian, are you really still thinking about racing…”  Kevin got up and straightened his desk as Brian responded.

“Dad, I know I wouldn’t be able to race often enough to make it worthwhile but I think I came up with a compromise.”  

Kevin kissed his cheek, “I will see you around 6:00.  Do you want me to pick up dinner?”

“Why don’t I let you know.  I will talk to Justin and one of us will get back to you.”

Brian walked out with him and they went their own way. Brian went to collect the boys.  Justin was at the gallery and would meet them at the house later.  “Daddy, are we going home?” Gus ran up to him when he walked into the daycare. “Yes, I am ready to go for a swim, how about you.” 

“YEAH! Let’s go get Aaron!”


Justin moved around the art gallery. His work had arrived and he had checked it for any damages. It all looked great so now he was just enjoying a few minutes to take in some of the other work they had in the building. He couldn’t remember the last time he had roamed around an art gallery.  He thought it was when Aaron was a couple months old and he had carried him in a front carrier.  He imagined the warmth of his little body against him and all he could picture was the baby girl that needed them.  His phone rang and he saw it was Brian. “Hey, babe, where are you and the boys?”

“We just got home and we are going swimming.”

“With or without trunks?” Justin asked huskily.

“Damn, you know I can’t say what I want.” Brian purred.

“I am about to leave the gallery which means I should be home in twenty minutes or so.”

“Oh, Dad was wondering about dinner.  He will pick something up on his way or should we cook?”

“Are you willing to help with dinner? We have so much food in this house.”

“That sounds perfect.  Get over here and we will see if trunks are optional.” 

“Damn, I love you, Brian.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine. Get that gorgeous ass over here.”

 Brian texted his dad and got the boys in their suits.  Justin arrived ten minutes later and, after pulling some fish out of the freezer, he was in the pool with the rest of his family.  “Does life get any better than this?” Brian said as he gave Justin a kiss.


Kevin walked into Mary’s room, “Oh Father, I was hoping you would stop by.”

“I told you I would,” he walked over and squeezed her hand.  “How are you feeling? How is the little one?”

“She is getting anxious to arrive and I am so scared.  The doctor hopes it will be a month but she could come any time. The social worker came by and had me fill out some papers saying I was going to give the child up and….” Mary started tearing up.

“I don’t want to just give her to a stranger.  I know I waited too long.  I just didn’t want to promise her to someone and then change my mind but now I know I am a real screwup and I am not ready for the responsibility.”

“Mary, I might have a solution for you.”

“Did you find someone to take my baby?”

“What would you think if my son and Justin adopted her? They had been talking about a third child and….she would have two brothers.”

“And you for a grandfather?”

“Yes, I guess so.”

“Can I talk to them together?”

“I am sure that can be arranged.  I will talk to them tonight and I will let you know when it works for them.”

“I’ll be here, since I barely get to leave the room.”

And with that, Kevin said goodbye and headed to see his boys.


“Justin, is there anything you can’t do?  That dinner was amazing.” Kevin said as he rocked a sleeping Gus on his lap.  Aaron was already in bed.  Brian walked to the wine fridge and pulled out a bottle of champagne and then he grabbed three flutes.

“Bri, what’s the champagne for?” Justin wrapped his arm around Brian’s waist as he filled the three glasses. 

“Well, Sunshine, isn’t it normal to celebrate having a baby?”

“Brian? Brian are you serious?” Justin stood and the three clinked their glasses before Brian and Justin kissed. 

“I am,” he set his glas down and put one hand on each side of Justin’s face. “Last night when you had Aaron and he was fussy, I realized, yes, children are a lot of work but it is obvious how much you love them and you are right, we have so much to give a child.” 

“You are the most wonderful man in the world.”

Justin looked at Kevin who was sipping his drink and smiling.  “Did you know about this, Kevin?”

“I did not know he was going to do this, no, however, he did tell me he already pictured her in your family.”

“Why don’t I go put this guy to bed and then I will head home. I have a feeling you have plenty to talk about.”

Kevin carried Gus out of the room and Brian sat down and Justin sat on his lap.  “What else do we need to talk about?”

“I am not giving up on a little speed here and there but I think my adrenaline has finally returned to normal and I am thinking clearly.  I am thinking a motorcycle might be fun.  It will give me the rush I need once in a while but we’re not talking about 150 mile per hour.”

“Thank god! I would have had to handcuff you to the bed if you kept talking about racing, not that I am thrilled with a motorcycle but if you realize you have a family that can’t live without you…”

“I am not going anywhere and how the hell could I forget the best family in the world.”

Brian got up and pushed Justin against the counter as he undid his fly.  “I’ll see myself out,” Kevin said as he moved to the front door.  Brian and Justin both waved as Brian turned Justin around and tugged his shorts down and then his own.  As he entered him he started a slow and steady movement.  He rested his mouth near Justin’s ear.

“What... do…. you….think….about...Jessica... Ann…. her name,” he said as he moved in and out.  “We could call her...Jessi!” both men climaxed and Brian pulled Justin close.

“Jessi Ann,” Justin said softly.  “I love it and I love you.”