- Text Size +

Chapter 5


Nat walked out in a two piece swimsuit carrying Aaron and holding onto Gus’ hand.  Sally and Brandy were waiting for them.  And the fun began.  As they played with the boys, Sally and Brandy answered questions Nat had about all the things he was experiencing. 

“Nat,” Brandy asked, “Did I hear Justin say you’ve done some drag?”

“I did a long time ago.  I thought I might once I got to Pittsburgh but first it was Uncle Em’s wedding and then I got into the relationship I shouldn’t have.  Now, well, I seem to have lost my interest in it.”

“I think you would make a gorgeous drag queen!” Sally said as she pulled Aaron through the water.

“What’s a drag queen? Will Aunt Nate wear a crown?”

“Well, it’s not that kind of queen although some of them do wear crowns.”

“Remember the pretty dresses you saw in my closet?”  Gus nodded. “They use the word queen just because they are fancy dresses, like a queen would wear,” Nat said.

“That’s as good an answer as any.” Sally said.  “I think you should do a drag show for us.  I am sure I could find something that would fit you.”

“We’ll see.  I am going to be busy helping with the boys and cooking and now with Brian in a cast…”

“Just think about it.” 

“I will.  It would be fun.”

“Could I see, too?” Gus asked.

“Of course you can.” Nat said as she tossed Gus in the air toward Brandy who scooped him up as he giggled. 

“That was fun!” Gus shouted.


Brian texted Kevin. ‘Dad, come to our room. Be quiet.’ Kevin quietly came into their room.  Brian gently lifted a waking Jessi to Kevin. Justin was sound asleep and Brian couldn’t get up with the baby and the crutches.  He managed to get up silently and the two men walked out of the room, closing the door softly.

“Thanks, I wanted to let him sleep.” Brian sagged a bit.  “Dad, I really screwed up.  Now I can’t even help with the baby.”

“You didn’t do anything except drive defensively and only broke your leg instead of your entire body.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

“I hope I didn’t overstep.”

“Overstep what, Dad?”

“I called Jenn and she is flying in tomorrow morning.”

“Oh, Dad, that is perfect.” Brian poured formula into a bottle. “Would you like to feed her?”

“I would love to.  I don’t know if I have ever held a baby less than a day old let alone feed on.” Kevin sat down in the rocker and Jessi started drinking.

It was about an hour later Justin walked into the family room. “Why’d you let me sleep? Jessi needs a bottle! I…”

“Come here, Sunshine.” Brian patted the sofa next to him. “I remember how to feed a baby.  It wasn’t that long ago Aaron was on formula.  Dad fed her and she has been sleeping in his arms ever since.” Justin walked over and sat down, kissing Brian lightly.

“How’s the leg?”

“Not too bad.  It would be better if someone would let me have a little whiskey.”

“Thanks, Kevin.” Justin smiled over at Kevin holding their daughter.  “She is gorgeous, isn’t she?”

Kevin looked down at the dark curly hair, “She really is. Justin, before I forget to tell you, I called your mom. She is flying in tomorrow morning.”

“My mom is coming?”

“I hope you don’t mind.”

Justin stood and kissed Kevin as he lifted their daughter off Kevin’s chest.  “She’s a bit soggy I think.  And my mom coming is great.” Justin started walking away.

And Brian said, “Since I can’t help with anything.”

Kevin threw a pillow and nailed Brian in the face. “Time to stop feeling sorry for yourself and if you can’t do anything else, you can at least support everyone.”

“I know, you’re right.  I just feel like I am missing out on so many things since I can’t help.”

“Well, Jenn coming will be one more set of hands since me and the girls have to go back to work tomorrow.  Jenn is coming in early so I will pick her up before I go to work.”

“Dad, you have done so much already.”

“Son, you have to let me do this.  I need to do this.”

“Ok, Ok, I get it. Thank you. Now I guess I should try to find out where my Harley ended up.”

Soon the boys were back inside and after changing from their suits, Nat put Aaron down for a nap and Gus crawled on his grandpa’s lap for a story and a snuggle. It was only a few minutes before Gus was sound asleep wrapped in Kevin’s arms.

Jessica was asleep in the little cradle so Justin curled up next to Brian and soon everyone was dozing.

By the time everyone woke from their naps, the girls had left for work. Nat had started dinner for everyone. After he put it in the oven he took Gus out for some one on one time while Aaron played trucks with his grandpa. Once dinner was finished, Nat took baby duty so Brian and Justin could spend time with Aaron and Gus.

By the time the kids went to bed, Kevin said goodbye, assuring them he would deliver Jennifer about 10:00 in the morning. Jessi was in the cradle nearby, while Justin leaned against the arm of the sofa while Brian put his broken leg up and sat between Justin’s legs. 

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Nat said, moving toward the spare room.

“Nat, why don’t you come talk with us for a while. It’s been a while,” Justin commented.

“Are you sure? I mean you haven’t had any time alone all day.”

“It’s not like we can do anything.” Brian grumbled. 

Justin’s hand grazed Brian’s crotch and Brian shivered but then wrapped his arms around Brian and kissed his neck.  Brian relaxed against him and Nat sat down in the chair, crossing his legs.

“So have you seen Tom, recently?” Brian asked bluntly.

“Brian, that really isn’t any of our business.”

“Hell it isn’t.  We are talking about two of our friends. So?”

“Truth? I miss him every day. I love him, which is why I had to let him go.  He could lose his job and he is so good at it.  It didn’t go the way it was supposed to so I had to let him go.”

“Natalia, did you ask him if he wants you to do that?”

“Justin, neither of us were supposed to let our hearts get involved. He knows where to find me if he wants me.” Nat put her feet up on the chair and wrapped her arms around her legs. “But I can’t ruin his life.”

“Nat, if he is smart….” Brian started to say but Justin stopped him.

“Are you thinking about staying down here?” Justin had heard the girls offered him a job. “It might be easier if you were 700 miles apart.”

“I am thinking about it.  I know I have to go back because I have some things scheduled up there this fall but maybe once those are over and I transition fully, I will start over.  It is nice to know I have a place to do that.”

“So what do you have planned this fall?” Brian asked. “Are you talking medical stuff?”

“Well, there is some of that but while you have been down here I finally got to redoing my gowns. I signed up to do a couple drag shows.”

“Good for you!” Justin smiled at him. “You are going to be so good and I’m glad we’ll be back by then. You know… Brian, I know we haven’t even talked about this…. I have been thinking, Nat, would you be willing to drive our SUV back to Pittsburgh with the motorcycle.  You can take your time or you can drive it in a day. But with the new baby and with Brian’s injury, it just makes more sense for us to fly home.”

“Of course you are planning ahead,” Brian said almost snidely but then turned and kissed Justin’s cheek.

“That would probably be the best thing. Or we will hire a driver and you can fly with us.”

“I can do that.  It might be kind of fun.  I have never driven through the mountains.”

“Since you have this all figured out, have you set a date for us to fly back,” Brian said with a smile.

“As soon as you get that cast off. If all goes well I figure we will leave the day after that if you aren’t hurting too badly.  I’m hoping mom can stay that long so the numbers will be one on one.”

“Well, now that we have all that planned, I am going to go call Uncle Em.  I need to tell him how beautiful your daughter is and see if his mother in law is pregnant yet.”

“Now why does that sound so wrong?” Brian laughed.

“Justin, if you need me to take a shift tonight just wake me up.  I don’t always sleep that great anyway.  These hormones have stopped giving me such mood swings but hot flashes,....” Nat came over and gave them both a kiss.  “Thanks for asking me to come down.  I needed this.” As he started to leave Jessi woke and he picked her up, kissed her and placed her on Brian’s chest before heading toward his room.

“Let me take her. I can feed her and…” Justin slipped out from behind Brian and took Jessi.

Brian repositioned himself.  “Why don’t you hand me our daughter and give me a diaper. I’ll change her while you get her bottle.” Justin handed the baby to Brian and stopped for a kiss before going to get the bottle.

Once Jessi was dry and fed, Justin carried her to the bedroom while Brian followed on his crutches. She was laid in her bed and Justin smiled at Brian.  “Come on, babe, time to wash you up.”

Brian sniffed under his arm, “Damn, why didn’t you tell me I stunk.” 

“I happen to love the way you smell because it is how you smell after we have made love for hours. Justin slowly pulled Brian’s shirt off as he balanced himself against the bathroom vanity. Justin gently bit his chin and then slowly drug his tongue lower.

“Damn, Sunshine, there is no way we can have sex with this huge cast.”

“I think we could figure something out, but I am really too exhausted to get creative tonight.” He soaped up  a washcloth and slowly ran it over Brian’s shoulders and down his chest.  He moved the cloth under his arms and ran his fingertips on the inside of his arm tickling him just a bit. 

“Fuck,” Brian moaned as he wrapped his arms around Justin and pulled him close. He slowly brought his mouth down and claimed Justin’s.  “I love you, Justin.  Thank you. Thank you for everything. Without you…”

“Shut up, Brian…” Justin quickly rinsed the soap off of Brian and together they walked back to the bedroom and after helping get Brian’s shorts off and settled into bed he turned and said, “I will be back in five.  I am going to get a quick shower before someone wakes up.”


By the time Justin came back to bed, Brian was sleeping soundly. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the beautiful man in his bed. He gently brushed the hair off his forehead. He looked down the length of his body and when he got to the cast, he took a deep breath. Images of Brian on the motorcycle and then the truck brought tears to his eyes. What would he have done if…”

“Sunshine,” Brian’s groggy voice snapped him out of it, “come here. I need to feel you next to me.” 

Justin lay down next to him and Brian’s arms pulled him close.  “What were you thinking about?”

“How much I love you and how close we came to losing you because of some asshole truck driver.”

“I am here and I am not going anywhere,” he mumbled as he kissed his temple and fell asleep.


“GRANDMA!” Gus ran into Jenn’s arm as Kevin dropped her off.  

“Gam, Gam…” Aaron said as he ran after his brother and to his grandma.”

“Look at you two!  I swear you have both grown so much and look at this little guy walking. She picked Aaron up after giving Gus a big hug and kiss.  She walked into the house holding Gus’ hand as he led her to Justin and Brian in the family room. Kevin dropped off her luggage and slipped right out so he could get back to work.

“Grandma, do you want to see my new sister?”

“Oh, Gus, I would love to see her.” 

Justin walked up to his mom and kissed her, “Mom, I would like you to meet your granddaughter, Jessica Anne.”

Jenn reached out and took the little girl in her arms.  Jessi’s dark brown eyes looked up into her grandmothers.  Her light mocha skin had a rosy undertone and her curly black hair framed her round face. Jenn couldn’t stop the tears.  “She is just perfect.” She lifted the baby up and kissed both her cheeks. “I am so glad you asked me to come. Oh, Brian, how are you? I hear you had a close call.”  She walked to where he sat with his leg up and hugged him best she could with the baby in one arm.

“I am fine, which is more than I can say for my bike.” Brian kissed her cheek, “Thanks for coming to help out.”

“I couldn’t stay away.  I have missed the boys so much and now knowing this one was here…” she snuggled the little girl closer, “I had to come.”

“Where’s Molly?”

She was scheduled to go to cheerleader camp for one week and the second week she will be home but has activities and Tucker will be there. 

Brian got up on his crutches.  “I have a little work to do and obviously the three of you can take care of the three kids.”

“Well, I hate to do this, Mom, since you just walked in but I need to go run to the gallery.  The charity event is this weekend and I have to make sure everything is set up.  Tomorrow night Brian and I will go to the event.  I can’t bring a 5 day old baby to the event.  I hope you will be willing to stay home with Jessi.  The boys are coming for maybe an hour and then Nat and Kevin will take them home.” Justin looked at his mom and said, “Originally we were going to make it a romantic night at a hotel but now…”

“Do it, son.  I think the two of you could use that. There isn’t going to be a good time to say this so here it goes.  I got a call this week that your father is up for parole and he is likely to have it granted.  He has been there for over a year which is longer than we thought he would stay.”

“Yes, how is Molly taking that?” Justin asked.

“Justin, your sister is fine.  How are you?”

Jenn watched Justin shut down, “I don’t know, Mom.  If Brian wants to stay at the hotel do you mind?”

“No, that would be perfectly fine. Nate, I can handle one little one and when he brings the other two he will be around to help.”

Justin wandered toward the office without saying a word. Brian walked into the office without knocking.  “Hey, Sunshine, I promise I won’t be long.” Justin walked up behind Brian and wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck from behind.  He wished he could curl up on his lap but with the cast he couldn’t do that.  “Justin, what’s wrong?”

“I hope nothing. Mom said we should stay at the hotel tomorrow night.”

“I love your mother. Not that we can do a whole lot.”

“We can sleep without being woken up by one of three children all night. And if you are a good boy, you might get a blowjob and rimmed.”

“God, I love it when you talk dirty.” He turned and Justin kissed him. “What’s wrong, Sunshine? I can hear it in your voice.”

“Mom just told me Dad is probably going to get out of prison.  He is up for parole and there is no reason they won’t let him out.”

“He never deserves to get out!” Brian cursed.  Justin knew if he hadn’t had that cast he would be up on his feet.

“Bri, all I asked was that he be in as long as he held me and this is close.”

“I just want 10 minutes with him after I get this cast off.”

“Babe, I don’t need you to be arrested. We have three kids.” 

Brian took his hand and led Justin around so he was in front of his chair, “Come here,” Brian pulled him closer.

“I can’t sit on your lap. I will hurt your leg.”

“We can manage.” Brian guided Justin’s legs up on the arms of the chair so no weight rested on Brian’s leg. “See, I told you.” Brian pulled Justin so he rested against his chest. Brian spoke softly, “You know I will never let him near you again.  He doesn’t deserve one minute of your thought.”

“But, I think I might want to see him and if Molly does I want to be there for her.  He isn’t going near Aaron but Molly needs to make her own decision and  you know I will do whatever she asks of me.” Justin laid his head on Brian’s shoulder and as Brian stroked his back, Justin began to relax against him.  Brian turned his head and Justin’s mouth found his.  They sat there for several minutes, their lips seeking the others. Justin finally said, “Damn, I have to go.  If I stay, I’ll just explode and I don’t have time to clean up.” He stood up.  “Thank you, Bri.”

“For what?”

“For being here.  What would I have done if….”

“There was no if. Let me sell the Harley.  If it is going to scare you every time…”

“No, I know how much you like it.  I bought it for you because I love you. As much as it scares me I know you did nothing and you deserve an outlet you enjoy.”

Brian grabbed Justin’s shirt and pulled him close for one more kiss, “I love you, Sunshine.”

“I get your work done.  The boys would …”

“Right now I am nothing but chopped liver.  Grandma is here.  Grandpa will be here later.  Natalia’s around.”

Justin walked toward the door, “But none of them are their daddy.”

“I’ll be out in about an hour.”

“Remember I will be headed to the gallery later. Want to come with me?”

“I think I will wait.  I love your work and I guess I want it to surprise me with all the glitz and glamour.”

Justin walked out and let Brian get to work.

When Justin left for the gallery, Brian was in the recliner with Jessi on his chest and Jenn had the boys sitting on the sofa looking at books. Justin roamed slowly through his exhibit, checking every detail, and then he looked at the other work that was throughout the building. He found a landscape that he found stunning and sat on a bench in front of it.  It was so inviting.  Justin’s mind wandered and he followed the little trail in the painting.  He went past the tree line and…

“Excuse me, Mr. Taylor?” The director of the gallery tapped Justin’s shoulder. She was a young woman of about 30 and he could appreciate Justin Taylor in so many ways.  He was an amazing young artist and she could look at those blue eyes all day.

Justin jumped, coming out of a deep sleep. “Oh, I am embarrassed!  I sat down to look at this stunning meadow and….”

“Mr. Taylor,” the director sat down next to him, ‘it is obvious you were exhausted and I have to admit, besides your work, this is my favorite in the building right now.”

“You don’t have to say that.  Whoever painted this is extremely talented. Do they have any more work here?”

“No, this is just on loan.  The artist is very nervous and doesn’t like the public.  She has had many offers on her work but she won’t sell anything.”

“Oh that is really too bad.  Everyone should see this work. This is museum quality.”

“I couldn’t agree more but if I even mention it she will remove this from us and it will be months before she will share again.  Now, what has gotten you so tired? Have you been painting all night? Do you have more to add?”

Justin laughed and groaned at the same time. “The only thing I have painted in over a month is a mural unless you finger painting.”

“Finger painting?”

“My five year old loves to paint.”

“You have a five year old? You are too young.”

“Well, he is actually my husband's son but we also have a one year old and we adopted another one last week.”

“Didn’t I hear your husband broke his leg?”

“Yes, the day our daughter was born.”

“No wonder you needed a nap.”

“It’s not like I am doing it myself. My mom arrived today and we have a lot of people helping out with the kids and food.”

“Well, your exhibit looks amazing and you’ll be here tomorrow night, right?”

“Yes, Brian and I will be here at 7:00.  Our boys will be here for a little while but by 8:00 they will have to go home to bed. Speaking of going home, I need to get out of here. I was only going to be gone an hour and it has been, shit!, close to three.” Justin didn’t even check his phone before rushing out.

Before Justin got home his phone rang. “Hello?”

“Where the hell are you? You said you were going to be home hours ago.”

“I’m on my way home.  I will be there in a few minutes and I will explain then.”

Brian was sitting on the front porch when Justin arrived. “Where the hell were you? I have called and texted and you didn’t answer. You were supposed to be home well over an hour ago.”

“Well, Dad, I got sidetracked. Am I grounded now?” Justin sniped back. He looked at Brian’s face and saw his disdain at the mention of his father.  Justin dropped onto the bench next to Brian, some of the tension leaving him. He kissed Brian’s cheek and then turned his face toward him and kissed his lips. “I am sorry I said that. I was so embarrassed.  I fell asleep looking at the most fascinating painting I have ever seen.”

Brian put an arm around Justin’s shoulders and pulled him close, “How fascinating could it be if you fell asleep?”

“It was so peaceful and the gallery was quiet and I sat down to look at all the detail and the next thing I knew the director was waking me up.”

“You are too tired.  You have too much to do.”

“I’m fine, Brian.  Mom is here to help and we will be heading back home in ten days. I have loved being here and spending time with Kev and his girls but I have missed our place. I have missed our bed and our toys.”

Brian’s hand went into Justin’s lap and slowly unzipped Justin’s pants, letting his fingers graze the white, cotton briefs. Justin audibly sighed. “I need to go in and help mom with the kids.”

“I know I’m useless in every way possible right now.” 

“Well, tomorrow night, after the fund raiser, you and me, Mr. Kinney, are going to stay overnight at the hotel next door in the penthouse suite.”

“Why, what’s the use? I can’t do anything.”

“Well, I don’t believe that.  I am sure we can manage something and if nothing else, we can get a good night's sleep.”

Justin zipped his pants, stood, and then helped Brian up.  Brian pulled him into his arms, “I’m sorry I snapped.” They kissed.

“I’m the one who should be sorry.  I called you Dad. I guess he…”

“He’s on your mind. Let’s get out of this heat.” Brian followed Justin into the house.  

The rest of the day was as calm as a day could be with three kids under six.  With 4 adults they had things well under control. Once the boys were in bed, Nat went to the diner just for fun.  He thought he might be able to try a few new recipes he had wanted to try and Sal and Brandy said they could sell anything.

“Mom,” Justin said as he passed a glass of wine to her, “what do you know about Dad getting out.” He sat down next to Brian who was holding Jessi. He wrapped his arm around Justin’s shoulders with his free arm and Justin leaned against him bending to kiss his daughter’s head.

“We don’t know anything right now except that he will be paroled.  And he will more than likely be out by the end of summer.”

“And Molly knows this?”

“She does but she won’t talk to me about it.  He has sent her some letters and even tried calling her but she wasn’t home.  She is very confused.  I think you are the only one she’ll talk to or listen to.”

“Well, she can come for a few days after we get home before school starts.”

“That would be great and she will want to meet her new niece.” Jenn smiled over at Justin as he lifted a now fussing Jessi off Brian.  

“I think she is ready for her last bottle of the night,” Justin said but before he could get up, Jenn stood.  “I am going to take this little one and get her bottle and she is sleeping in my room.  You two deserve a quiet night, no kids attached.” Jenn kissed Brian and Justin and then took Jessi and let each of them kiss her before getting a bottle and walking to her room.  

“Well,” Brian pulled Justin across his lap and kissed him.  Justin’s arms went around his neck and soon Brian was pulling at Justin’s shirt. Brian’s voice was low and husky with need. “Let’s go to our room. We have to be able to figure something out.”

“I think I know exactly what will work.” As Justin said it, he yawned and stood up.

“Oh, Sunshine, you are so worn out.  All I do is sit around but you are SO tired.” Justin offered his hand and helped him balance on his crutches.

“Trust me, I may not have a lot of energy but I need you inside me. So move your ass, so you can get there.” Brian reached out and grabbed Justin’s ass and Justin had to catch him before he lost his balance. “You better walk ahead of me.  That way I can watch your gorgeous ass.”

Brian moved quickly and Justin was right behind him. Brian dropped onto the bed and propped the crutches against the night stand. Justin moved near him and dropped to his knees.  He unzipped Brian’s fly and pushed him backward.  He tugged the shorts until it was free from Brian’s butt and then he fought with them until he got them off over the cast. Justin slid his hands up Brian’s bare legs and then he drug his tongue just above Brian’s cast and then moved closer to his junk.  Brian’s dick began to respond as Justin’s tongue started at the base and moved to the tip.  Brian sat up enough to pull his t-shirt off and then reached down and got the bottom of Justin’s shirt and pulled it off.  

When Justin could tell Brian was fighting for control he stood and dropped his own pants. “Move your ass onto that bed,” Justin said to Brian with a wink. Justin lifted the cast off the floor as Brian moved back onto the bed.  Once Brian was in a comfortable position, Justin got in bed next to him. 

“Sunshine, I can see how tired you are.  Come here and let me hold you.”

“Oh, no, you are not going to get by that easily. I told you I needed to feel you inside me.” He turned his back to Brian and as Justin moved backward, Brian guided his erection to Justin’s asshole and Justin slid backward until he held all of Brian’s manhood.  Brian’s arms came around him and pulled him back tightly against his chest. One of Brian’s hand moved down below Justin’s waist and began to stroke him with feather light touches causing Justin to shiver and clamp tighter around Brian’s cock.  It wasn’t long before repeating this pattern that both men began to tremble and as Justin lost control, he clamped around Brian who followed suit.

“Damn, Sunshine, I love you.” And as Brian kissed the curve of Justin’s neck he heard Justin’s breath turn to the heavy breathing of sleep. “Sweet Dreams.” Brian said softly and pulling him closer he joined him in slumber.


Justin was up early.  He checked on the boys and found them asleep so he went next door and peeked in on his mom and Jessi. The room was empty and then he heard a soft noise coming from down the hall. Justin walked to the kitchen and found his daughter and his mother in the recliner. Jenn was talking softly as she drained her bottle.  Justin kissed his mom and then his daughter. “How was the night? Did she let you sleep?”

“Sweetheart, she is such a good baby and she is so adorable.” 

“If you want to go get some sleep, I can take back my duties.”

“Honey, I’m fine.  Did you get some sleep? You looked really tired last night but I have to say you look refreshed this morning.”

“I fell asleep in the arms of the only man I could love.  And I know he loves me.  Mom, my life ….. It was so perfect and now Dad is going to be out and who knows what he will do and to be honest, I don’t know how I will feel about it.”

“Well, Justin, you have the world at your feet and he will be trying to find a little corner where he can survive. I really don’t think you will have to worry but can I give you a little advice?”

“Of course,” he picked up Jessi and started changing her on the sofa.

“I don’t even think your father would stoop so low, but don’t let him con you into giving him money or supporting him.”

“Even Dad wouldn’t pull that shit would he? Don’t worry, Brian and I are smarter than that.”

“I know you are, Justin, but your father …. I know your heart and I know your father.” Jenn stood and kissed Justin.  “I’ll make breakfast.”

“Mom, Nat will be down in a few minutes and she…”

“I can make breakfast.  She will be busy enough with the boys today.  When will you be leaving for the gallery?  Brian and I will go about 5:00 for interviews.  Kevin will be there promoting the shelter, giving interviews.  Nat will bring the boys for a few minutes because you know family is always a good thing to show.  Plus it will show that our gay family is the same as any other families.”

“Except we fuck a lot more,” Brian said as he hobbled in. “Good morning, Sunshine,” he kissed him with enough passion Jenn blushed as she beat the eggs. 

“Sit down, Bri, and you can hold our daughter so I can help Mom.” As he handed Jessi Anne to him, Justin leaned over and gave him another kiss and walked into the kitchen.  

Within minutes the house seemed to come alive. Gus came running in and said, “Aaron’s awake, Daddy J.  He wants out of his bed.” Justin picked Gus up and kissed him and then, after setting him back down, he went and took care of Aaron. Nat arrived from upstairs and the day was full of activity.  Before they knew it Brian and Justin changed for the evening and Kevin picked them up to take them to the event.

“Why am I so nervous? You would think I had never done an interview before.”

“Well, you did say this was the biggest fundraiser you have ever had.”

“I am so hoping to expand.  Then I could hire another staff member.  I’m not getting any younger and although I still have plenty of energy, I am getting to the age I’d rather use some of the energy for fun.”

“Well, then, I think we need to really sell this,” Brian said. 

“And if anyone knows how to sell something, it is your son,” Justin said. 

Once they were at the exhibit, Brian and Justin were immediately pulled into an interview.  Kevin joined them for some of them but everyone seemed to want a shot of Justin and Brian and once the boys arrived with Natalia even more attention was focused on them. Finally it was time for Kevin to speak to all the attendees.

Kevin walked up to the microphone and cleared his throat to get their attention. It wasn’t until Aaron toddled over to his grandpa and Kevin scooped him up that he got everyone’s attention. “I want to thank all of you for being here tonight. Because you are here you are supporting the wellbeing of so many confused youth.  They are not confused about who they are but they are confused as to why the people that should love them the most no longer want them around. Statistics show that these teens are in danger on the street and thanks to all of you generous people recently we were able to open several more beds and now, we really need funding for more staff.” 

“Papapapa,” Aaron said in the mic, causing everyone to smile and laugh at the sweet little boy.  

“You are right, Aaron, I should have introduced you.  This is my amazing grandson and his big brother, Gus, is over there with my son and son in law.  They also have a brand new baby sister at home.  My son was fortunate to find a support system when he was that age. I pray for the day when everyone feels safe and loved wherever they are and whoever they love.  Please, look around.  Make a purchase and give for the safety of all those who have needed shelter, are at the shelter, and who will need shelter in the future. If you have any questions feel free to speak to me or any of the other sponsors that are wearing name tags throughout the gallery.”

Kevin walked away from the mic and the music came back up.  Kevin handed Aaron to Nat and picked up Gus, giving him a kiss before putting him back down so they could go home.  Brian and Justin kissed the boys and Justin walked out to the SUV with Nat and helped strap the boys in the car seat.  

“Daddy J, when will you be home?”

“Well, your daddy and I will be home in time for lunch tomorrow.”

“You mean you won’t come home tonight? Who will take care of me?”

“Well, Gus, don’t you think Grandma and Nat can take care of you?”

“Of course they can, but I will miss you so much.”

“Oh, Gus, I love you so much!” Justin gave him one more hug and kiss.

“I love you, too, Daddy. Ok, Nat, we can go now.”

“Thanks, Nat.  We will be home around noon.”

“Don’t worry about anything, Justin.  Your mom and I have it all under control.” Nat put up the window and drove away.

Justin walked back into the room and looked around the room for Brian. He was in a back corner talking to a young woman near the painting he had fallen in love with.


Brian had seen the painting and knew it had to be the one Justin had told him about.  As he stood and looked at the picture he got sucked into it himself.

“Do you like it, Mr. Kinney?” a voice brought him back to the present.

“It is stunning.” Brian looked over at the young woman who was addressing him. “Justin told me about it and he was right.  I wish I knew the artist.  I would like to buy it.”

“With all the beautiful paintings your husband produces, you want to buy mine?”

“You painted this?” Justin asked as he walked up, slipping an arm around Brian’s waist.

“I did.”

“I guess I expected an artist by the name of J.Jay was a male.  I don’t know why. I also expected J.Jay to be much older.  You can’t be much older than I am but your skills are so much more advanced.”

“Oh, Mr. Taylor, you are so much more skilled than I am. When you popped on the scene a year ago, I couldn’t believe it had been done by someone younger than me.”

“I understand you aren’t looking to sell your work but,” Justin pulled out one of his business cards and handed it to her.  “Please, if you ever want to sell this piece or just want to collaborate on something, give me a call.  We will be back in Pittsburgh soon but we will visit down here too. Maybe we could do a project together sometime.”

“That would be amazing.  I have never been to Pittsburgh.” 

Brian pulled Justin close and whispered, “I’m about done for the night.”

“I’m sorry, babe.  Give me five minutes and we can leave. J.Jay, I mean it, give me a call.” Justin rushed off to talk to the director and Kevin.

“J.Jay, if you ever want to sell this painting, please talk to me first.” Brian smiled down at the young woman.  “Nothing is too good for Justin.”

“I will do that, Mr. Kinney.”

“It’s Brian and Justin, please.  And it was nice meeting you.” Brian undulated across to the room where Justin and Kevin were standing with the director of the gallery.  “Well, Dad, I need my husband to take me to bed before we are both too tired to enjoy the hotel room.”

“Tonight was a real success for the shelter,” the director commented. “I don’t have totals yet but, including the paintings Justin sold and is donating the profits, we are going to be near $100,000.”

Kevin picked up Justin and spun him around. “This is the most successful fundraiser we have ever had.  With that kind of money coming in we should easily be able to hire someone to help out.”

“Well, if you will let go of my husband we are going to move on.” Brian kissed Kevin.  “Dinner at the house tomorrow?”

“That sounds great.  We won’t be able to do that too many more times. I will see you tomorrow.” Kevin said as Brian and Justin headed out the door.  

Once on the street Brian presses Justin against the wall and kisses him. He slid his hand down and cupped Justin’s crotch, “You weren’t lying when you said that painting was special.  What do you say we go check out one of those garden paths and find a comfy place to…” He claimed Justin’s mouth again.

When they separated, Justin walked beside Brian, across the road to the hotel.  “It’s not quite as lush a trail as in the painting but I promise we can make it paradise once we get there.”


An hour later they lay side by side, looking at the ceiling.  They were both covered in a sheen of sweat after Justin had straddled Brian and rode him through two orgasms but now they were silent. “It is going to be hard to leave here,” Brian said.

“Your dad and the girls are family but we will come back for Thanksgiving and they will come for Christmas,” Justin said as he rolled over and rested his head on Brian’s chest. “It will be good to see Em and James and find out if Jessi will have a new playmate in a few months.”

“And of course we can look forward to my father getting out.”

“Justin, you know I want to strangle him.  If I had my way I’d…  He can’t hurt us.  We have everything and he has nothing. He is nothing.”

“I know that in my head but my heart has its doubts. He will always be my father.”

 

Brian turned over and coaxed Justin to turn his back to him.  He entered him once more but neither of them moved once they got comfortable. “I love you, Sunshine, and for the first time in my life I understand what you mean when you say he will always be your father. Just remember we both have Kevin now. He is enough of a real father for both of us.”