- Text Size +

Chapter 8


 


Brian and Justin lay in bed after making love.  “I guess we better get moving.  At least Gus didn’t wake before the sun this morning.” Justin kissed Brian once more before rolling out of bed the other way. Brian dropped his feet to the floor and together they walked to the bathroom and into the shower. They stood under the large shower head and out of habit started washing each other.


“How are you feeling?” Brian asked as his soapy hands roamed Justin’s back.


“I’m good. I have to admit I am a little nervous because I don’t know how I will handle it. I want to stay calm and unemotional but I am afraid that won’t happen.”


“That isn’t who you are but you are not reckless or flighty. Show him what a wonderful man you are.  The number of friends you have should show him how much you are loved.”


Justin rinsed off the soap and stepped out and Brian followed.  As they dried off Justin said, “Any plans today? Any idea when you will be home?”


“I am going to do my best to be home by the time Gus gets here.  He has a full day today, right?”


“Yes, with the drive home he should be home about 3:30. Can you really get home that early?” 


“I hope to.  It is supposed to be a warm day and I thought we could take a swim.”


“He will love that.  I plan to check with the agency and start looking for a nanny.  Ronni needs to lighten her load and Natalia is going to be having surgery soon and then is probably moving.”


Brian pulled him close and kissed him.  “Thanks for taking care of all of us but make sure you ask for help if you need it.”


“I won’t.  I need to get moving.” Justin slipped on a robe. “I will get Gus ready for school and see you downstairs.” Soon Gus was ready for school and Justin walked downstairs with Gus at his side and Aaron in his arms.  Ronni already had Jessi Anne downstairs and she had had a bottle.  She was sitting on the counter in a bouncy chair. Ronni spoke to her as she put breakfast together for everyone.  


Gus ran and hugged Ronni, “Good Morning. How is the baby?”


“The wee one is doing well. Now sit down so you are done eating by the time your car comes.” As Ronni scooped up some eggs, fruit and toast for Gus, Brian walked in.  He kissed all three of the kids before sitting down himself. He looked at his watch.  He needed to get moving if he was going to be waiting for Craig.  


“Ronni, can I have a bagel with cream cheese and coffee to go?”  Brian walked over and kissed Justin.  “I have to get going.  Something came up.” He brought his mouth to Justin’s ear, “And it wasn’t me this time.” He stepped away.  “Call me if you need anything.  Let me know when you have dropped Molly off.”


They kissed once more, “Love you, Brian.  Have a good day.” After a quick kiss for each of the kids, Brian was gone.


“Justin, I thought you and Brian were going to try to get a weekend away.  It has been a long time since you have had a weekend away,” Ronni commented.


“We have talked about it but we need to wait and see what happens today,” he was careful with what he said with Gus near. “Gus, run and brush your teeth.  Your ride will be here in five minutes.”  Gus got up and went to brush his teeth.  “Ronni, once we know everything is settled with my father, we will plan something.  I am hoping by the end of the month we will be able to take a couple days away.  It might only be to the loft but it would be a little break. And as you get further along, you don’t need added stress.” Gus came running down the steps.  “Grab your backpack.”  Justin smiled down on his son and as he watched him walk to the car Gus turned and waved and Justin waved back.


When Justin came back in the house, Nat had arrived and was cleaning up breakfast while Ronni took care of Aaron and Jessi slept.  He went upstairs to work on his paintings.  He needed something to do to deal with his nerves.


 


Brian hoped Justin hadn’t watched him leave because when he got to the road he turned the opposite direction of the city.  Brian reviewed what he was going to say as he drove and he realized he had no idea what he would say. He drove almost two hours and told the office to transfer all his calls to the car in case Justin called.  As Brian pulled into the parking lot he was stopped at the gate.  


“Good morning, sir, if you are looking for the visitors lot it is the next driveway,” the young guard said politely. 


“My father in law is being released today. Craig Taylor?”


“Oh, yes, sir.  His lawyer is already here.  He must have forgotten to mention you coming.” The gate opened and he waved Brian to go in.”


Brian drove in.  He recognized the litigator from the courtroom and pulled in next to him. Brian got out of the car and stood next to it.  The lawyer approached him. “Mr. Kinney, I didn’t expect you to be here.  Your husband is meeting with his father later today.  Did something happen? He never mentioned…”


“He doesn’t know I’m here.”


“You know I had to represent him and now I feel obligated to see it through.  Please, tell me you aren’t here to cause trouble.” 


Brian felt for the attorney.  He had been assigned Craig’s case after the trial. He actually had managed the case very well, contacting Justin along the way over the last year, letting him know where Craig stood in his parole along the way.  “I’d appreciate it if you didn’t tell Justin I was here this morning.  I have no doubt that Craig will tell him but I am hoping he has learned something in this place.”


“What are you planning to do? If I had known you wanted to talk to him, you could have taken him back to Pittsburgh and saved me the trip.”


“I am not sure he would have made it. I just want him to know he is not to come near our home. Having you here will give me a witness.  Not to mention the fact that there is still a restraining…”


“Brian, there is no restraining order active at this time. The one that was in place has expired and , although Craig has been warned, unless there is a reason there won’t be another order put in place.”


“What the hell are you talking about?” Brian stopped for a minute.  “I should have realized that but just can’t imagine…”


“Brian, he did go through counseling while he was in there and I have been assured that he understands what he did was wrong.”


“And you believe it?”


“I think he believes it because of what it cost him.”


Brian could see movement inside the prison fence. “I have one question before he arrives.  Where is he going from here?”


“He has been assigned to a parole officer who is supposed to have an apartment lined up for him.  Once I drive him to the city and he meets with his family, I will turn him over and will officially be done with him unless he gets into trouble again having to do with this case and then I might be assigned to him again because of our past history.”


The men being released were approaching the gate. Brian looked at the other people waiting.  He pegged a couple as attorneys.  There was one police van, which meant he probably had another sentence to finish somewhere. He noticed a few women, wives and girlfriends here to collect their husbands or boyfriends. The opening of the gate brought him back to the present.


“Brian, I am not leaving you alone.  I like you and Justin too much.” 


Brian heard his words but his eyes had already locked on Craig’s.  He took two steps away from the attorney and stopped until Craig was a few feet in front of him. He looked past Brian to his lawyer and then looked back at Brian.


“What are you doing here? I want to see my son, not you,” Craig said, trying to sound nonchalant.


“I have something to say to you and then I really hope I don’t have to see your face again.”   


“Kinney,” Craig said in the same snide voice he used to use and then he stopped.  “I’m listening.”


“I love my husband and my family.  You have nothing to do with any of my family.  You lost that right when you kidnapped your own son and locked him away from those who loved him.  You will see him later today along with the daughter you don’t deserve. “


“What about my baby?” Craig blurted out.


“You don’t have a baby. Our children are none of your concern since you will not be seeing us again, none of us.”  Brian tried to keep his voice steady.


“I don’t think you have any say in whether my daughter or sons see me again.”


The fact that he used the plural for son had Brian taking a step closer. “You only have one son and he has let you know what he feels about you.  My son is a beautiful boy full of life who doesn’t want to give up his bottle and loves to run after his big brother and to kiss his little sister…” Shit, Brian thought.  He wasn’t going to mention Jessi.


“Someone else gave you a kid to raise? Doesn’t anyone want their children raised in a normal family?”


“A normal family? Kidnapping your own adult child is normal?”


“I think I am ready to go.” Craig looked at his lawyer who looked like he was on a phone call. He held up a finger asking for a minute.


“Craig, I’m leaving but remember, you come near my property or my family and the best circumstance is you will get another restraining order served again.  The worst, use your imagination.” Brian patted the lawyer’s shoulder as he walked back to the SUV and drove away.


As Brian headed toward Pittsburgh his phone rang and he answered it.  “Brian, Justin just called and when you didn’t answer your phone he called back to the office hoping I could connect you. Are you on your way in?” Cynthia sounded stressed.


“I am over an hour away. I will call Justin.”


“Brian, I do not like lying to him. You two have too good a relationship to lie to him.”


“Cynthia, I am protecting my family. That asshole ….I don’t trust him. He hasn’t changed.” Brian hesitated and then said, “Is there anything on my calendar you can’t move around or that I can’t do from my home office?”


“No, I don’t think so.  I can send over the campaigns that need to be reviewed.  I will send any questions I have to you and will mark what I need today and what can wait until tomorrow.”


“Go talk to Sunshine.  Come clean. He is going to be angry but better to tell him then have him find out on his own.”


“I’ll talk to you later.” Brian hung up and turned onto a different road that took him back home.”


 


Why didn’t you tell me Kinney was going to be here?” Craig asked the lawyer as he put away his phone and he pulled into traffic.


“I didn’t know he would be here until he drove up but I think what he said was pretty legit and he did not threaten you in any way so…” 


“You don’t call what he said at the end…”


“Oh, I missed the last of your conversation.  I was on my phone.”


“Of course you didn’t.” Craig got into the lawyer’s car.  “Am I really going to meet with my two oldest children today?”


“Craig, just to clarify, you have no claim to their son. They are the parents listed on the birth certificate.  You asked me to check and I did. The birth mother was only listed on the hospital records but she signed away all rights. As far as I could tell she has not been back since she left.”


“But I can prove he is my son and I didn’t sign any adoption papers!”


“Craig, you are an ex-con who was in prison for kidnapping and mistreating your other son.  And as far as I know you have absolutely no money.”


“I still have my business.  I am planning on working at my own business.”


“Craig, Justin owns the business.  I have been told you have a job if you want it there but you are working for your son.”


“The hell I am.  He’ll turn it back to me.  I know he will.  I’m his father.  He always had a conscience. He won’t let me suffer.”


The lawyer glanced at him and shook his head.  So much for changing.   They rode in silence the remainder of the way into the city.  Craig had to meet with his parole officer and the lawyer couldn’t get away from him quick enough.           


 


Brian walked into the house with no warning. Ronni looked up. “What has brought you home at noon? Are you sick? Is your leg hurting?”                                           


Brian walked over and kissed Aaron who was playing on the floor banging on plastic bowls with a wooden spoon. “I’m fine.  Where’s Sunshine?”


“He is in the studio. Are you going to make him mad?”


“Probably? Has he had lunch?”


“No, in fact that is what I have here.  I was going to bring it up to him.”


“I’ll take it up and we can talk while we eat.”


Ronni put more food on the tray.  “You will need to eat, too. What is going on, Brian?”


“I haven’t been to work today.  I went to see his father.” Brian picked up the tray and walked to the garage door.                                                                                                                                                                                                        


Justin was focused on his canvas, “Thanks, Ronni, just set it on the table.  I promise I will eat it as soon as I finish with this color.”


“I hope you don’t mind if I eat with you.” Brian slipped his arms around Justin’s waist and kissed the curve of his neck.


“Bri, what are you doing here? You don’t have to babysit me.  I am doing fine.”


Brian stared at the painting Justin was working on.  “That is so Jessica Anne.  You got the twinkle she always has when she is happy and her smile…”


“Why are you here, babe?” Justin stepped out of his arms and cleaned his brush and then moved to the sink to wash his hands. Brian started taking the food off the tray and onto the table and then moved the tray off the small table as Justin sat down at the small spread Ronni had put together. “I didn’t realize I was so hungry.  I lose track of time painting and then when I get reminded.”


Brian reached over and took Justin’s hand. “Sunshine, I ….we need to talk.”


“Brian that is never a good way to start a conversation.  It usually means there is a major issue.  I don’t think you are having an affair with a woman or a man.” He reached with his free hand and stroked Brian’s cheek.  “You didn’t get a bad report on your leg, did you?”


“Justin, please let me do this.” Brian stood and walked to the window. “I didn’t go to work this morning.”


“You didn’t go to work?”


“No, I drove to see your father released.”


“You what?” Justin jumped up, tipping his chair over backwards. “Shit, I didn’t mean to do that. But what in the hell did you go to the prison for? You didn’t hit him, did you? I am going to take care of him.  Didn’t you think I could take care of it?”


Brian turned and looked at Justin.  He was a force to be reckoned with. Why did he always think he had to handle everything? “Sunshine, I am sorry.  I know I should have let you handle it and I know you are very capable but you know I am a control freak and I needed to tell him that… Oh, Justin I screwed up.  I told him about Jessi.  I didn’t mean to but I was talking to him and he made me angry and I didn’t lose it but I told him about her. I should have left it alone and if my leg wasn’t throbbing, I would fall on my knees and beg your forgiveness.”


Justin couldn’t be too angry with him.  He could tell Brian really felt bad. Justin couldn’t think of anything that would take his mind off his father better than make up sex. He turned away from Brian and walked across the studio dropping onto the Murphy bed that he kept down most of the time in case he needed a nap.


“Sunshine, darling,” Brian walked over the bed and sat next to him. “Please forgive me.  I am sure he will do plenty when you talk to him that you can get angry about.”


Now Brian did smile, “I have no doubt about that.” He touched Brian’s cheek and Brian pulled him close and kissed him deeply. When they separated, they both yanked off their shirts and then got rid of the rest of their clothes.


“Fuck, this stupid boot.” 


“Bri, we can deal with this. Drive me crazy with your lips and tongue and then I will ride you as long as you can hold out.”


“Now that sounds like a challenge.” Brian pushed him backward.  Damn he wanted to straddle him and decided if he did it right…” He flipped one leg over Justin and then he thoroughly kissed Justin’s face but then he moved so his cock hung right above Justin’s mouth, keeping him just out of reach. When Justin tried to reach for it Brian pinned his hands above his head. 


When Brian slid over Justin’s erection he could feel precum on the tip and he grabbed Justin’s arms and rolled over, taking Justin with him.  Justin immediately positioned himself and sighing loudly as he impaled himself on Brian’s shaft. Brian grabbed Justin’s hips and added power to drive himself in as far as possible. It didn’t take long before Justin shot cum far enough for Brian to taste it. As Justin continued to move he contracted around Brian and he could hold on no longer. He thrust upward with his hips and he filled Justin as he again came but with little projection this time.

 

“Damn, I wish I could stay in bed with you