- Text Size +

 

Justin lay back on the bed, still fully clothed, watching as Brandon slowly slid from his shirt; Brandon's eyes all but devoured him, even before he had lost any of his own clothing. In this instance, Brandon appeared as much the hunter as his brother. Perhaps that attracted him to Brandon. Whereas Brian wasn't in touch with his more tender emotions, Brandon was comfortable with his own, and yet, he could be this passionate man as well. It was the perfect mix; one if he was to be honest with himself, exactly what he'd always dreamt to exist in Brian. A reality that he had found falling far short of the mark.

 

Almost instantly, Justin berated himself. Why was he thinking about Brian now? It was wrong and so unfair to Brandon. He had decided to stick by Brandon no matter what turmoil faced them down the road. These constant comparisons between Brandon and his brother had to stop. Smiling in welcome, Justin outstretched his hand to his boyfriend and soon-to-be lover. "I know we've got all weekend... but come to bed, Brandon. Please."

 

Brandon unsnapped his jeans, yet didn't push them down. Mixed in with his incredible desire for Justin, he was feeling indecisive as well. He had been trying to read Justin's responses since they came in here, all in an attempt to ascertain if Justin was doing this because he truly wanted him, or if it was more out of pity. What scared him the most was that Justin didn't want him as much as he wanted him. He wasn't certain how he would handle that. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Justin was attracted to Brian. That in itself was enough to cause his doubts to linger. The question that continued to plague him was very simple. Was Justin here because he felt he couldn't have Brian... or did he truly want him?

 

As he slid into the bed next to Justin, Brandon reached a finger out to trace along the luscious raspberry lips. This was a man worth fighting for. Brandon fully recognized that even though he had never fought with Brian over a man. He was fully prepared to do so in the case of Justin. In fact, he had precisely done that after Brian had tried to seduce Justin. He had known that deceiving Justin had been the wrong thing to do. At the time, he was filled with panic over losing Justin to Brian. Despite knowing that Brian couldn't give Justin the things he needed emotionally, he still feared the outcome. Brian always got any man that he wanted. Brandon didn't doubt that Brian could have Justin too.

 

Brian's ultimatum had led him into confessing his illness to Justin, but the fear of losing him had made him say so much more. His doctor appointment had been filled with the most positive of outlooks, far opposite of what he had told Justin. His remission hadn't been eradicated. In fact, the doctor relayed to him that the more months that passed where he had healthy and fully operational blood cells, the better his chances were for permanent remission. Brandon knew he had never felt better. There wasn't a doubt in his own mind that he was healing. That in itself gave him more of a reason to fight for what he wanted.

 

Justin reached out, his hand stroking along the side of Brandon's face. A tremulous smile curved his lips. "Brandon? Are you sure this is what you want? You seem kind of, hmmm, I don't know... pensive?" Justin wasn't certain if he was merely seeing what he wanted to see or not. He only knew nerves were quickly afflicting him, so at this point, he wondered if Brandon felt the same.

 

Brandon rolled over until he was semi-straddling the younger man, the fire in his eyes, along with the pulsing in his cock answering Justin's question in the most obvious of ways. "This is exactly what I want," Brandon responded in a throaty growl. "You are just so unbelievably beautiful it gave me pause." Brandon's hand reached for the snap on Justin's jeans, deliberately thrusting his hips forward to force a collision of their hardened cocks through the rough denim. He was more than ready for this night. Frowning when he viewed what he hoped wasn't the appearance of uncertainty in Justin's eyes, Brandon ran his hands up Justin's still-clothed chest, determined to touch every inch of him, in doing so, keeping Justin firmly focused on him - and him alone.

 

Rational thought soon fled from Justin's mind when Brandon began to skillfully tug at his nipples through the fabric. Suddenly, he was having the strangest feeling; it was one that he wouldn't have thought possible a few moments ago. A moment of panic had overtaken him, and now, he felt like he was being artfully seduced. It wasn't the Brandon he knew, the thought of that perplexing reality was giving him pause for thought. "B-Brandon... I-I..."

 

"Shhh," Brandon whispered, his mouth moving to capture Justin's beneath his. He didn't like how Justin seemed to be pulling away, even if only mentally. Despite all the logical reasons that could be attributed to it, his most pressing fear was that it had to do with Brian. Brandon realized that wasn't likely, and yet, he couldn't shake the unsettling feeling. He had stalled too long, but he hadn't wanted to rush at him like a wild animal the moment they hit the bedroom. In the past, that might have been his technique with other men... but they hadn't been Justin.

 

Justin began to give himself over to the kiss, quickly deciding that his nagging doubts had to be the case of first-time nerves. Brandon was special to him. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he wanted this to happen. He had always imagined his first time being while he was away at college. The time was right, as was the man. He couldn't find one reason why this shouldn't happen tonight. As his hands slid up Brandon's back to pull him even closer, Justin could barely comprehend the pounding noise he heard in the back of his head; he only knew that something was beginning to intrude upon the fog that had been surrounding them.

 

Brandon became aware of the sound at almost the same time as Justin, but he was prepared to ignore it. After a moment, he realized it was someone pounding at his door. Whoever it was could wait until tomorrow. Right now, nothing was more important to him than having Justin. Pulling his lips free, his eyes were angry, when he snapped, "It's the door. I'll just ignore it. Whoever it is will go away."

 

"The door?" Justin repeated, blinking several times to fully comprehend what Brandon was telling him. "Uhhh, maybe you should check. It could be important." He reached out to cup the side of Brandon's face. "I'm not going anywhere while you find out..."

 

Briefly, Brandon smashed his lips against Justin's, devouring his sumptuous lips in one thorough caress. He groaned as he felt his cock throbbing in his pants, fully aware that they wouldn't be moving on until he disposed of this much-unwanted visitor. "Okay," he growled impatiently. "I'll get rid of them. Why don't you use the time to make yourself more comfortable - namely, losing your tight little jeans."

 

"I can probably do that." Justin smiled impishly, yet, the smile was far from reaching his eyes. He watched as Brandon began re-fastening his pants and moving towards the bedroom door. He gave Brandon a tremulous, but warm smile when he looked back at him. Justin frowned as the door closed behind Brandon, conflict continuing to swell within him. He knew he wanted to be here. That decision had been easy to make... and yet, something kept giving him doubts. He just didn't know what was causing it. Justin realized the knowledge of Brandon's accelerated illness probably affected his decision, but they had been moving to this before he even knew about that. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he cared about Brandon... but was it enough to proceed with this step? And was it the actual sentiment one should have when going into their first time? Those questions only continued to trouble him, more and more.

 


 

Brandon's eyes were filled with anger when he opened the door and saw who stood glowering on the other side. His jaw dropped in shock at the audacity and continued interference of his brother. There wasn't a doubt that Brian knew how important this weekend was to him. Justin was already confused enough, and now Brian's here. If he didn't think quickly and rid himself of his brother before Justin became aware, his plans could be completely thwarted.

 

"I know you are busy, but I need to speak with Justin." Brian looked everywhere other than his brother's accusing eyes. He knew how this looked to him, and Brandon was wrong - this time. He wasn't trying to come between them. As much as he didn't enjoy the fact of knowing that Justin was going to become Brandon's lover tonight - if he hadn't already - he had promised not to interfere. He planned on sticking to that.

 

"What the fuck, Brian? I thought you were done with playing these games. You know how important Justin is to me!" Brandon's nostrils flared angrily. "You know you can't give Justin what he needs; I can give him that. Leave him the fuck alone!"

 

Brian pushed past his brother, and into the apartment. "Get a grip, Brandon. This isn't about my lust for the kid. I gave up on satisfying that. He needs to come home. There's a problem..."

 

"Problem?" Brandon stared bitterly at his brother. They had never fought over a man, and for the first time, it appeared they were about to do that. "The only problem I see is you standing here when I should be in my bed with Justin." Brandon smiled when Brian visibly flinched. He felt a slight flicker of guilt. They had never bickered like this. Justin's arrival into their lives had changed everything. "Admit that the only problem you have is in knowing I was about to be fucking Justin. I was, you know..." Brandon continued on, uncaring of the harshness of his words. "And I will be as soon as you get the fuck out!"

 

"B-Brandon?" Justin stepped through the door. "Is there a problem?" Justin stood bare-chested, his jeans zipped, yet unsnapped as he looked at the two brothers.

 

"Nothing I can't handle. Just get back in bed and wait for me." Brandon glared at his brother, his greatest fear being that Brian had totally fucked everything up now. "Brian was just leaving."

 

Brian could barely take his eyes off of the pale, smooth chest, not to mention - the unsnapped clinging jeans. His mouth watered as he thought of moving his lips all over that perfect, young body. Fuck, he wanted him. It was unfathomable. He wanted him with a desire unlike any he had ever known... and yet, he belonged to Brandon - his brother. God! If it were anyone other than Brandon, and if his brother wasn't one of questionable health, he would use every skill and trick he possessed to make Justin realize that what he could offer him would be enough. As he looked at him now, it was difficult to remember precisely why he was holding back.

 

Justin moved closer, oblivious to how both men openly admired him. One man was openly admiring him, while the other looked back and forth between them, his eyes filled with worry and jealous rage. "Brian? What's wrong?"

 

"Your parents are at our dorm. I had just brought a trick back, thinking you would be out for the weekend. There was no warning. A knock on the door was all." Brian smirked as he remembered the trick hustling back into his clothes. At the time, he had been angry that his pleasure had been disrupted, but thinking back, it had been rather amusing.

 

"Oh my God! In my room now?" Justin's eyes were wide in dismay. "Did they see the two of you - uhhh, well, you know..."

 

Brian rolled his lips under, his eyes moving briefly to Brandon looking at him in disbelief. "No, they didn't catch me in the act as you did when you arrived here. I got rid of my trick and made your parents comfortable inside. I tried to call you, but of course, no answer." His eyes looked accusingly at the both of them. "Perhaps you should leave your cell phones on in the case of emergencies."

 

"They were off because we didn't want any interruptions!" Brandon hissed. "Why didn't you just tell his parents that you didn't know where Justin went? They would have gone back home!"

 

Justin rolled his eyes. "That wouldn't work with my parents, Brandon. My mom would only worry if no one knew where I could be found, and I wouldn't want them to come all this way to see me, and go home without doing that." Justin sighed, uncertain if it was relief or acceptance of a spoiled weekend he was feeling. "I'm afraid I have to go, Brandon. We'll have to do this another time."

 

"I'll drive you back," Brian offered. When he glanced at his brother, he knew an argument was sure to follow.

 

"I brought him here, I can take him back..." Brandon protested, having no doubt that Justin's more logical side would likely shut him down.

 

"That's ridiculous, Brandon. Brian is heading back to campus anyways. It makes sense for me to go with him."

 

Brandon scowled at his brother. "By all means - let's be practical!"

 

"Get your things, Justin. I'm sure your parents are getting impatient."

 

Justin nodded at Brian, before turning to Brandon, reaching out to squeeze his hand warmly. "I'm sorry, Brandon. This isn't how I wanted our weekend to go, but I really have to go."

 

"I know you do." Brandon did realize that, he just wished it hadn't been Brian to bring it about... or Brian who was driving Justin back. He knew he was being insecure, but he couldn't shake the feeling that Justin had welcomed this interruption. And if that was the case, what exactly did it mean for them?

 


 

They had just driven away from Brandon's apartment, when Justin glanced to look at Brian's blank expression. "Thank you, Brian. I- I mean, for coming to get me."

 

"I don't think Brandon is very appreciative. He had high hopes for this weekend..." Brian drolly answered, seeing no need to elaborate on those hopes.

 

Justin looked out the window, certain a flush was settling on his face. "I'm sure he understands. And there will always be another time."

 

"Of course..." Brian drawled, mockery ever-present in his voice. "You know, I couldn't help but think that you welcomed the interruption. First time not measuring up to your expectations?"

 

"I really don't intend to discuss that with you, Brian." Justin could admit to himself that he was glad to be out of that situation... but not because he didn't have feelings or desires for Brandon. He knew both were present. His turmoil was in the timing, and in the basis of those feelings. Exactly what did he feel for Brandon... and was this the right time? Regardless of Brandon's physical condition, Justin had to do what was right for him too. He hoped some distance would make his choices clearer.

 

Brian didn't intend to push for information. Whether he liked his bitter truth or not - the thought of Brandon intimate with Justin was disturbing to him. He didn't really understand it, nor did he intend to analyze it. Brian knew how much damage over-thinking could do. In the case of Justin, he knew it would be wise to push the thoughts to the back of his mind. It was only a matter of successfully doing that. Brian decided to divert the subject to another matter entirely. "You know, Justin - this might be the time to have a candid talk with your parents."

 

"About me being queer?" Justin eyed Brian morosely as he pulled onto the campus grounds. "That's rich coming from the man so heavy in denial!"

 

"My situation is different from yours!" Brian snapped. Brian pulled into his parking spot before he turned to face the obstinate blond. "Listen, I'm not judging you, or telling you what to do. You have to make that choice."

 

Grimly, Justin nodded. "Yeah, you're right, Brian. I need to tell them." Justin bit at his lip uncertainly. "Uhhh, can I have some time alone in the room with them? If it's a problem, I can take them out."

 

Brian shook his head. "Take as long as you need."

 

As Brian moved to slide from the car, Justin reached out to place a forestalling hand on his arm. "Brian, I know you might have plans, but I was wondering, well, will you come home later? I- I mean, after my parents are gone? It would be nice to have someone to talk to - especially someone who understands."

 

Uncertain if this was a good idea, or how Brandon would feel about it, Brian nodded his head in agreement. "I'll be around. If you need me sooner, just call my cell."

 

"Thanks, Brian." Justin slid from the car, a smile curving his lips as he approached a still Brian on the other side. "I know you don't always like me that much, but whether you realize it or not, you do make a good friend, Brian Kinney."

 

Brian watched as Justin walked toward their dorm, his thoughts conflicted, but regarding one in particular, clarity immediately assailing him. Friends, he thought to himself. He would have never thought himself capable, most especially, not with a man he wanted to fuck as much as he did Justin. Brian knew it wouldn't be easy, but he wanted to try and be Justin's friend. One thing was for certain... he knew it would be a challenge.

 

TBC