- Text Size +

 

Justin's eyes were attached to the field with rapt attention - one that he hadn't ever experienced before - at least, not for a sporting event. This game had been dramatic, and up and down throughout. Both teams were giving their all, each side hoping for a celebrated victory. The Panthers currently held a 27-23 lead over the Blue Devils. With only five minutes left in the game, and Duke driving toward the end zone, everyone in attendance was focused on each critical play.

 

Craig was just as attentive as Justin; his heart thrilling at being part of this monumental game. He couldn't remember the last time he'd seen such a solid Panthers team. Sharing this one with Justin meant even more to him. "Well, looks like your former roommate could need to pull out a big finish, if the Blue Devils score."

 

Nodding his agreement, yet not removing his eyes from the game, Justin told him, "Yeah. It's been a great game, no matter what happens." He didn't want to think of the option of a Blue Devils victory. Brian would be crushed, and with scouts undoubtedly being at this game, it would be a setback Brian didn't need. There wasn't a doubt that Brian would still succeed; however, securing a conference title in his junior year - would set him apart from the rest. More than anything, he hoped Brian achieved that.

 

"It won't be much longer now." Craig couldn't keep the excitement from his voice. The exuberance flowing in the stadium, not to mention, within his son, was highly contagious. He couldn't remember a time that he had rooted for this team more. Suddenly, a gasp of dismay was heard from the Panthers fans. Just as it looked as if the defense would hold, the premier running back from Duke burst forward for a 28-yard gain. The Blue Devils were now strategically placed in the red zone, but more importantly, they had the chance to run out a large portion of the game clock, as they went for the score that would place them in the lead.

 

"Oh my God!" Justin gasped, his eyes widening as he stood to his feet along with the rest of the Panthers fans as a botched snap led to the ball rolling around under a pile of mixed jerseys. Everyone was desperate to know who secured the ball. It wasn't until the whistles started blowing, and the referees began pulling each player from atop of the pile, that the ball holder was identified. Justin screamed with glee, along with thousands of other fans. He looked to see the jubilation on his father's face, both of them making the same realization. "Pitt has the ball, Dad. They can run the clock out now!"

 

Craig turned to look at his son, marveling at how invested in the game Justin seemed to be. He had no understanding of that. Justin had never shown a great interest in sports of any kind. At times, when he had taken him to a Steelers game, he had felt like Justin had been going through the motions, going just to please his old man. But this game clearly mattered to him. His time at Pittsburgh University had been far too brief for him to feel that loyalty a man felt for his university; he had to think it meant much more. Watching as the Panthers offense once again took the field, clearly in the hopes of closing out the game, Craig began to think Justin's excitement could be toward a particular player, and not so much the game itself. He doubted Justin would confide in him about that. It was fine that he didn't know everything. Even though he had decided to accept the choices Justin had made recently, he wasn't sure he wanted too much knowledge of all the specifics of those decisions involved. In time, he hoped he would want to know more. For now, how they were relating again was good enough.

 

"That they can, son." Craig sat back down, not the least bit surprised that Justin didn't immediately do the same. He was very interested in what was happening on the field. He was as well, although he had a feeling their interest was vastly different. "Hopefully, they just run the ball and don't put it in the air. Any mistake at this juncture would be critical."

 

Justin beamed as he looked onto the field, only sitting down when he noticed disgruntled fans from behind him. "Brian will know what to do. He's been waiting for this moment for so long. He has to win this game!"

 

Craig looked at his son in surprise. Was it Brian? No. It wasn't possible. They were just friends; he couldn't imagine it being anything more than that. They had been roommates. There was no way that Justin had formed a romantic attachment to Brian Kinney. He was the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Panthers. Even before today, he had known that Brian had a bright future in the NFL. Brian Kinney couldn't be involved with Justin - could he? Watching Justin's rapt expression as the game clock expired, his attention completely on the playing field, and seemingly, one man in particular, Craig felt compelled to talk to Justin about it once they were alone. Despite how perfect Brian Kinney may be on paper - caring about him in that manner would only break his son's heart. He didn't want to see that happen.

 


 

It had taken nearly an hour for them to exit the stadium, and pull out into traffic, Craig smiled at the exuberant look still on Justin's face. "It was a good game, Justin. A great victory for the team. I'm really glad we could watch it together."

 

"Me too, Dad." Justin was beaming - inside and out. Brian had done it. He had known he would, but seeing it all play out, had been amazing. It was a moment that he knew would always live in his memories. "This game assures Brian's success." When he noticed his father staring at him quizzically, Justin told him, "Brian called me last night, he told me that scouts would be at that game. A victory and a good showing would benefit him immensely."

 

Nodding, Craig returned his eyes to the slow-moving traffic ahead. "I don't think Brian's football career was ever in doubt, regardless of their presence at the game today, but this victory today will have more franchises bidding for him. He has a bright future for sure." Craig looked at Justin briefly, casually asking, "Does he have any preference on what team drafts him?"

 

Justin frowned at that. They had never discussed it. Some athletes had to accept whoever offered for them, but Brian would probably have more options. He wondered about that answer himself. "He never really said. I don't think he wants to stay in Pittsburgh, though." Laughing, Justin clarified, "Pittsburgh just isn't big enough for Brian Kinney."

 

Despite the laughter, Craig could clearly detect sadness in Justin's voice. After Brian finished his college career and moved on with the NFL team that selected him, Justin would be devastated if it took Brian far away. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Justin had a crush - if not more - on his former roommate. Approaching this subject seemed even more important now. "Justin... I don't want to intrude into your personal life, but your heart is displayed brightly on your sleeve. I don't want to see you get hurt, and in this instance, I think you're setting yourself up for heartache."

 

Turning to look at his father, his eyes wide, and completely understanding of the point his father was trying to make, Justin answered, "I don't know what you're talking about, Dad. Nothing is going on between me and Brian. We're good friends - that's all."

 

"I wish that were true, son... and maybe it is from Brian's point of view." Craig sighed, as he switched lanes, his eyes straight ahead when he added, "It's obvious how you feel about him, Justin. I'm just saying, be careful with your heart. He is obviously following a much different path than you are. Guard yourself so that you don't get hurt."

 

Justin flushed, unable to deny one word his father spoke. It was too late to guard his heart or protect himself in any way from being hurt. He loved Brian; in fact, he had always loved him. Getting to know him while they had been roommates had only intensified his feelings for Brian - whether it was healthy for him or not. There was no going back from that. Perhaps in time, he would meet someone else, but in his heart, he knew it would always be about Brian. "I'm fine, Dad. Really. I know what I'm doing... and I'd really rather not talk about it."

 

"Okay, son." Craig gave his son a tense, yet understanding smile. "I feel awkward discussing it too; I just felt I had to place my fatherly warnings." He maneuvered through traffic until he had them into a lane that moved at a much quicker pace, knowing his next words would surprise his son even more. "I booked us into a hotel for the night - instead of driving straight back." When Justin looked at him in sudden amazement, Craig continued, "I thought maybe you would want to hook up with your former friends after the big game."

 

"Really, Dad?" Justin was quickly speechless, although all the possibilities began swimming in his head. He didn't have a doubt where and how Brian would be celebrating. The knowledge gave him a painful twinge in his chest, but he knew that was par with forming an attachment to Brian Kinney. It was how things would probably always be. Winning the older boy's heart, and complete devotion was a dream he wasn't certain could ever come true, but one that he would hold onto until all hope had been extinguished.

 

"I thought you might like that." Craig smiled as he pulled off the exit that would lead them directly to the hotel. "I'm kind of tired myself. I'll give you money for cab fare, then I think I'll make a night of it."

 

Justin felt his heart expanding in his chest. If he was right about Brian's locale after the game, he could possibly see him tonight. He grinned when he remembered his deal with Brian regarding a victory tonight. In person, he could do much better than the phone sex Brian had suggested. His insides quivering in excitement, yet with extreme anticipation, he hoped he had that opportunity. More than anything, he wanted to see Brian tonight. Perhaps fate would be kind to him. If so, he knew exactly how he wanted to celebrate Brian's amazing victory...

 


 

Hours later, Brian had finally extricated himself from the rest of his teammates, fans, and general well-wishers that traditionally fell in with the after-game party. He accepted their congratulations, moving through the group as quickly as possible. It wasn't the celebration he ever had in mind. Brian's thoughts strayed to Justin, a frown on his face when he recognized how much he had thought of the blond after his victory tonight. Calling him came immediately to mind. He smiled when he thought of their little wager. There wasn't a doubt he intended on collecting on that. Hearing Justin's breathy little moans as he rubbed one out to the sound of his voice was something he was determined to have. A face-to-face moment would be much more preferable, but in Justin's case, he would take this.

 

As he walked along Liberty Avenue, his destination never in doubt, Brian opened his phone, his fingers pausing on the keypad. He couldn't call Justin tonight. He had been at the game with his father. They could still be together. As much as it didn't overly disturb him to call and embarrass the beguiling blond, he didn't want to intrude on their time together, either. Despite how much he generally shrugged off the importance of familial relationships, he was pleased that Justin had a more normal relationship with his parents. Being accepted, and not shunned by his parents was obviously important to Justin. He was really glad he had that.

 

Turning the corner, Babylon now clearly in sight, Brian's eyes flickered around to see the action outside of the club when his eyes discerned a presence in the distance that he thought must be a mere distortion. He couldn't possibly be seeing who he thought he was. His interest in Babylon completely waning for the moment, Brian moved closer to the street lamp that illuminated the face of the young man that hadn't been out of his thoughts much since he had left Pittsburgh University.

 

Justin bit at his lip as he watched Brian's approach. He was here... really truly here, and he was coming toward him and not entering the club that he knew was always an attraction for the brunet. His breath lodged in his throat as Brian's steps didn't falter, not until they were standing virtually toe-to-toe. More breathlessly than he would like, Justin told him, "Congratulations on your win, Brian. It was incredible."

 

Brian's lips rolled under as he surveyed the beautiful, and compact body. Damn, he thought to himself. This boy was so fucking hot. Each time he saw him, that recognition hit him more forcefully. "So, are you here to be my victory prize?" Brian licked his lips as he watched Justin squirming nervously. He had never wanted a man more than he did Justin right now. Even knowing that Justin wasn't quite ready for that - and him - it still didn't slow him down. He would take whatever he could have from the blond... enjoying every single moment.

 

"Well, I was thinking..." Justin looked around uncertainly, not quite sure of how obvious and open he should be. They were out in public, despite it being at the heart of Liberty Avenue, he wasn't sure how comfortable Brian would be with any form of public intimacy. When he noticed Brian looking down at him in amusement, Justin continued, "I remembered our bet, and well, clearly you won that." Chuckling nervously, Justin added, "Not that there was ever any doubt..."

 

"Clearly there wasn't..." Brian cockily agreed, his hand reaching out to stroke along the side of Justin's face, unable to fully believe the blond that had been so dominant in his thoughts was actually here now. "So, phone sex isn't necessary in this instance." His eyes fastened hungrily on the reflexive action of Justin licking at his own lips, at this moment, wanting nothing more than to smash them beneath his own. "Did you have another idea, perhaps one more life-affirming?"

 

Boldly, and unable to believe he was doing it, Justin reached in between them, brushing his hand against the bulge he easily found in Brian's jeans. He smiled suggestively when Brian responded with a sudden hiss. "I think I can give you something much more memorable than a hand job, Mr. Kinney."

 

Brian scraped his thumb along Justin's lips. His voice was a mere rasp, when he spoke, "If it has anything to do with your mouth... I am 'up' and ready for the experience."

 

Justin moaned as he thought about sucking Brian off. It was exactly what he had in mind. As innocent as he was in some areas, he did know how to give a blow job. He had a feeling Brian would be both surprised and pleased by the experience. His hand squeezed Brian's cock through his tight jeans, a smile of lustful appreciation on his face. "Yeah. I can see that you're up for it. How about we find ourselves a private little corner..." Deliberately, Justin ran his tongue along his lips, smiling at the darkening in Brian's eyes, when his tongue met the eager brunet's thumb. "I would love for my mouth to congratulate you with much more than words."

 

His eyes flashing with all the need and desire he felt for the blond, Brian hooked his finger in Justin's belt loop, urgently pulling him behind him, his eyes ignoring everyone that looked appreciatively his way. No other man mattered right now. Finally, he had the man he really wanted, even if it wouldn't be the full experience. This was part of it... and fucking another nameless trick meant nothing in comparison to a blow job from Justin. At this moment, Brian realized just how much he had missed the blond. He knew this encounter would only make him miss him all the more; however, he didn't intend to focus on that right now. All that mattered was - here and now.

 

Justin groaned as Brian pressed him against the wall in the dimly lit alley, his senses quickly becoming overwhelmed when Brian lowered his lips to capture his own. Devouring was the thought that came to mind. Brian wasn't playing any preliminary games... and why should he? They both knew where this interlude was heading. Justin parted his lips and kissed Brian back with equal fervor, his hands moving to clutch at Brian's hips, a moan escaping as he felt Brian's cock prodding through his pants to poke at his own. Fuck. He wanted him so much. But he wasn't going to lose himself to that degree. He wanted something special for both of them to remember from this special night, though; however, he wasn't going that far yet, most especially, not in an alley filled with other men seeking the same pleasure. He would have more from his first time. More and more, he was starting to think that the first time could be with Brian - at least, someday.

 

Brian licked at Justin's lips and deep inside his mouth. He couldn't get enough of him. The only thing that caused him to pull back was in knowing he wanted something even more. He had laid in bed so many nights dreaming of Justin's mouth on his dick; that wasn't an experience he intended to miss out on. "Go on," Brian whispered roughly. "Suck me, Justin. I want to see how good that hot little mouth can be..."

 

Justin smiled; his lips turned up into a sexy, self-assured smirk. He would make certain that Brian remembered this moment. Every man that sucked him off in the days to come would pale in comparison. He intended to see to that. Lowering himself to his knees, Justin's hungry, and lust-filled eyes fell into Brian's that were a reflection of his own, while his hands made quick work of unsnapping his jeans and lowering his zipper. Justin licked his lips as he viewed the bead of moisture pearling at the tip of Brian's dick, unable to deny himself any longer, his tongue sliding under it to fully capture it. "So nice. I've thought of this for so long..."

 

"Not for as long as I have, twat." Brian's head arched back against the wall, uncaring of the beautiful sight he made to the other horny men passing by, all enraptured by the sight of Brian in such a state of near bliss, and of the hot blond fortunate enough to be the giver of that pleasure. His breath sharpened as he felt Justin's tongue sliding along the underside of his cock, the swirling motion he soon began, before the incomparable feeling of his perfect lips slowly pulling his cock inside. The boy was amazing on every level. That realization only continued to increase.

 

As he began to pull Brian's tremendous length into his mouth, Justin relaxed his throat, determined there would be no gagging in this encounter. He didn't want to lose any of the experience by wasting it on that. His hand reached in to gently knead each ball sac in turn, his mouth opening up to fully receive the cock that he wanted to endlessly worship. He felt so good in him. Full, warm, and bursting with life. He didn't want it to ever end.

 

Brian began to pant as Justin's mouth began to move on his cock in full appreciation of the meal he was being given, his hand skillfully playing with his balls, causing his legs to tighten, with him barely able to hold back from thrusting frantically into the mouth that was giving him the most tremendous pleasure he'd ever known. "Fuck..." Brian hissed, his hand reaching out to cup the back of Justin's neck, doing all he could not to ram him mercilessly into the wall. Really, there was no need. Justin was voraciously feeding on his cock. Increasing his speed and angle would have very little effect. "Such a good little cocksucker..."

 

Justin's own cock began to leak through his pants, Brian's praise, not to mention the feel of him stretching his throat, making him focus on both his concentration to the pleasurable task at hand, and not coming prematurely in his own pants. He began to hum as he felt Brian's hips gently tilting forward, the added pressure bringing him inescapably deeper. He felt and tasted so fucking good. What pained him the most was in knowing Brian was almost there. This beautiful experience would soon be over. As he felt his own dick twitching and beginning to convulse, Justin knew it was time to push the gorgeous brunet over the edge. "Come for me, Brian... come knowing that I'm about to explode in my pants while your dick is plowing my mouth..."

 

The deepest growl yet crawled up from Brian's throat. His hands clasped Justin's cheeks as he began to rock into Justin's mouth, his fingers threading through Justin's hair as he rode out his tumultuous release. Nothing had ever felt like this... it was all about Justin. He'd be a fool to think he'd ever find a man to complete him so perfectly. They were a match in every way. Beauty, brains, and a desire that would never diminish. "Ahhh, fuck, Justin! Fuck!" Brian pumped his load into the depths of Justin's throat, his eyes warm and admiring how skillfully the blond took it all in. This boy was so fucking amazing. It was scary how much he continued to make that startling realization.

 

Once Brian had ridden out his extended, and not very quiet orgasm, Justin stood to his feet, cringing slightly at the feel of his come-filled pants, knowing the discomfort was insignificant to the pleasure they'd both enjoyed. He looked deeply into Brian's eyes, his own filled with the glint of self-satisfaction. "Well, Mr. Kinney? Was that to your liking?"

 

"Cocky little fucker..." Brian murmured, his eyes warm and reflective as he took in every expression on Justin's face. He wanted to remember everything about this night, uncertain of how much they would see each other in the days/months to come. "Thank you, Justin. I needed this; in particular, I needed it to be from you."

 

Biting at his lip, Justin hesitantly asked, "Was it so different from one of them?" Justin's eyes looked around at the bodies moving along the pavement, readily acknowledging that many of them were hot, and worthy of Brian's attention... while secretly wishing Brian would only want this from him. Perhaps someday, he told himself. Nothing would be more perfect to him than that.

 

Had any other man asked him that question, he would have come back with the most caustic, and cutting of replies. However, with Justin, it simply wouldn't be true. Nothing was the same with him. He stood out from the rest. Brian had a feeling no matter how many tricks came and went, that would prove to be even more true. "More than you'll ever know, Taylor."

 

"I should probably get back." When Brian looked at him in confusion, Justin explained, "My dad got us a hotel in town for the night. He told me to go out and celebrate with my friends." Blushing, as he completely revealed who he wanted to see, he told him, "Well, I did that."

 

His eyes downcast, Brian's voice became low, realizations continuing to overwhelm him, ones he had never experienced in the past. "I miss you, Justin."

 

Justin's eyes lit up, a smile that resonated from the purest joy spreading within him. "I miss you too, Brian."

 

He looked at the beautiful blond uncertainly, at this moment unsure of what to do or say next. "Uhhh, do you want me to call you again? Or does it make it more difficult?"

 

"I want you in my life, Brian. I miss you, even more, when we're not in touch." Justin cast a soulful look in Brian's direction. "I can't say that I won't be broken-hearted every time I think of you tricking, or perhaps someday meeting and falling in love with someone. Even so, I want you around."

 

Brian shook his head. There was no way he would be falling in love with another man. Tricking was a given. After all, he was Brian Kinney. These years were supposed to be the time of his life; however, he could feel the tide changing. Where he ended up, he wasn't certain, but at the end of his journey, he hoped that Justin would be there with him. "Let's give it some time, Justin. Live your life for now, and while you do that, I will try to get mine sorted out."

 

Justin's lip began to tremble. "So, it's goodbye, then?"

 

"Never that." Brian shook his head adamantly. "It's only time, Justin. A lot can happen in a short amount of time. We'll see what happens."

 

"I know that you are going to be an amazing success. And with the recent news of gay athletes emerging, the NFL included, your future is even more promising." Suddenly, Justin made a realization. He no longer cared if Brian had to remain in the closet for an indefinite amount of time. Someday, if Brian wanted to be with him - and him alone - the secrecy wouldn't bother him as much. Being loved by Brian, and monogamous with him, would mean even more.

 

Looking into the beautiful hazel eyes that he knew would be in his dreams nightly until they were truly together, Justin told him, "I don't care if you can ever come out publicly. I used to think I did, but that isn't what matters." He tapped his chest, before telling him, "As much as I hope we could be open - if we were to be together - love is what means the most." Justin looked fervently at Brian, knowing this could be his last face-to-face glimpse of him for a long time to come. "Call me when you are emotionally ready to commit to us. I think we both know it's what you want. I'm hoping time will only make that more so. In the meantime, I plan on waiting for you - waiting until there is no hope left."

 

Brian frowned, his own voice slightly tremulous when he answered, "Justin, you don't know if it will happen. I can't ask you to put your life on hold like that. I can't deny that I don't like the thought of you moving on with another man, but I can't ask you to wait for me."

 

Justin smiled, hope and love burning from within. "You didn't ask. That's what love is all about. I will wait for you, Brian Kinney. There isn't a doubt in my mind that you're worth it. Until then, I have a beautiful memory of tonight to remember."

 

He watched as Justin walked away, unknowing at the time it would be the last time he saw him for several years. Fate could be cruel or kind. It was now in the hands of destiny regarding which it would be.

 

TBC