- Text Size +

 

Justin was sprawled out on the middle of his bed, his hand moving almost feverishly on the sketch pad that he had angled on a small tray. He was oblivious to everything around him, even his music began to fade in the background, his mind one with the image he now tried to capture on paper. This particular subject really wasn't difficult for him to compose; it was the face he saw in his dreams at night, and without a doubt, the first one he thought of in the morning. Brian Kinney. Always, and forever Brian. He couldn't help wondering if his fascination and his absorption with Brian would ever end.

 

A smile of anticipation curved his lips when his attention pulled to the tickets laying on his bedside table. Two tickets to tomorrow night's last home game. It would be packed, and without a doubt - a moment where Brian could shine. Being the last home game, and with the season the Panthers had enjoyed, Justin didn't doubt that scouts would be present. He was excited for a couple of reasons. Tomorrow, Brian could be one step closer to reaching his career aspirations, and in addition to that - he would get to watch it all unfold. He could hardly wait for tomorrow. The fact that his father intended to share it with him made it mean even more.

 

Casting his sketch pad aside, Justin placed the tray on the floor, flopping unceremoniously onto his back, his eyes stared bleakly at the digital alarm clock on his dresser. It was just past ten o'clock. He wondered what Brian was doing right now. A slight grimace passed over his face. The night before a big game, and as far as he knew, Brian possessed sole ownership of their previously shared room - it wasn't much of a jump to think what Brian would be doing right now. What wasn't in question - it was more of a matter of who. His chest ached when he thought of how much he cared about the older boy; it was a bittersweet feeling. He yearned to be the one in Brian's arms; the man that gave him incomparable pleasure. It broke his heart to know that it might never happen and that one day, Brian could give his heart to another.

 

So lost in his thoughts, dreams, and fears of what could be happening not only now, but in the future, Justin didn't immediately hear his cell phone ringing. He blinked when a sound began permeating his senses, awareness of the sound suddenly dawning on him. When his eyes fell to see the name associated with the incoming call, Justin shrieked in delight, his hand moving clumsily to answer the call. "B-Brian? Is that you?"

 

"That it is, Picasso. I hope I haven't disturbed you at an inopportune moment..." Brian drawled, unwilling to admit to himself or Justin how much that would unsettle him.

 

"No!" Justin answered quickly, his answer coming before realizing what Brian had been implying. "Hardly, Brian. I am at my parents' house."

 

"Right. Well... for an innovative young man - that should only be a minor deterrent." Brian laughed, as he lay down, unable to believe how much lighter he felt now that he had heard Justin's voice. There wasn't a doubt at all - he missed the little fucker. Of course, he wouldn't tell him that, but the truth was more than clear to him. "So, have you met any hot art students?"

 

Justin grinned. It always came down to that with Brian. "Perhaps a few."

 

"Interesting..." Brian drawled suggestively. "Tell me this, then. Would I fuck them?"

 

Justin snorted. "What a question! You'd fuck anyone that made your dick hard."

 

"Not anyone..." Brian adamantly denied. "My standards and expectations are extremely high."

 

"If you say so," Justin retorted, unwilling to admit how much he hated those boys he'd seen with his former roommate. "I remember a few that I wouldn't touch with your dick!"

 

"Cute, Taylor. Really cute. That phrase is older than your parents..." Brian muttered derisively.

 

Justin giggled, knowing Brian's words were the absolute truth. That statement was so cliché. A bit more seriously, Justin told him, "Uhhh, I got the tickets, Brian. Thank you."

 

"Your welcome, twat. I thought you might like to witness my big moment."

 

"Big moment?" Justin asked, certain there was a story in that admission.

 

"Yeah. Coach told us earlier in the week that rumor has it some very higher up scouts will be at the game. This is my chance to make another good impression." Brian didn't have to tell Justin how important this game was for his future. Success and an unblemished game were the only things that mattered. Well... perhaps one other thing mattered, even if he could only admit it to himself. Justin being there to witness his victory was important to him. In fact, that was much more important than he could even begin to feel comfortable about.

 

"That's great, Brian!" Justin answered excitedly. This was exactly what Brian needed to encourage him. He couldn't begin to express how thrilled he was to be taking a part in it. "I know you will impress them, Brian."

 

Rolling his lips under, his chest bursting with emotion from the pride in Justin's voice, he forced himself to stay true to form, and cockily murmur, "Of course I will. How could I not?"

 

"Right..." Justin said amidst laughter, his cheeks almost hurting from the continuous smiling, after such a long time of not having so much to smile about. "My dad is coming with me to watch the game. We'll be getting there early to have dinner before the game."

 

Brian smiled. As much as he wished he could celebrate with Justin after the game, he realized Justin's plans with his father were much more important. Once the football season ended, there would be time... he would make sure of that. This distance wouldn't matter. In fact, for some strange reason, he felt more connected to the blond than when they were roommates. It was a daunting feeling with his own views in mind, despite that - it was how he felt. "So... I guess things worked out between you and your father."

 

"Yeah - couldn't be better. We had a long talk; I know he'll always want something different for my life, but he's supporting me and my choices. I can't ask for more than that."

 

"No, you can't." Brian silently reflected on his past relationship with his own father. He would have never had such an outcome - whether the fucking bastard had lived or not. "You are lucky, Justin. It doesn't often work out like that."

 

Justin frowned; he wished he knew more about Brian's family, and his past... but intuitively felt it was something he didn't want to talk about. "I know," he agreed. "Uhhh, what about Brandon? Are you talking to him?"

 

"He stopped by. It didn't go so well." Brian thought about that visit... one that he knew had been way premature. "I don't think we are ready to bridge the gap yet."

 

Sadness filled Justin's eyes. "I know he hurt you, Brian. He hurt both of us. But I remember what it was like when I first arrived. The two of you were so close. I'd hate to be the cause of you losing that."

 

"You wouldn't be. Brandon did this to himself due to his own choices. Your involvement in that is incidental." Brian couldn't deny that he hated the distance that now existed between him and his half-brother; however, until he saw genuine remorse in him - they couldn't move on. Determined not to waste their time talking about Brandon, he veered the subject back to a more Brian Kinney-type subject matter. "Now, about these hot art students..."

 

"Running out of fresh meat at Pitt already?" Justin groused.

 

"Hardly..." Brian scoffed. "However, a man does need to broaden his horizons at times. And I was thinking about you, actually. All work and no play makes Justin a dull boy."

 

Justin listened closely to Brian's words. One thing he had learned from living with Brian, was that everything wasn't always in Brian's words, but more in how he spoke them. Reading between the lines was a fine art when dealing with Brian Kinney. "Don't worry, Mr. Future All-Star, if I decide I want companionship - I'm sure I will find it."

 

"I don't doubt it. You're a mouthy little twat... but you have two other advantages..."

 

His interest immediately peaked. "Really? What might those be?"

 

"You're blond and even more important than that - you are hot as fuck." Brian didn't feel the need to elaborate on that. Justin wasn't blind to his own appeal. The boy knew he was hot, and he knew how much he wanted to fuck him. The strangest part was in knowing he could have fucked him on several occasions, yet proceeding more gently with him had seemed to take precedence. He had never walked on eggshells when dealing with a man he wanted to fuck. Justin was different on every level. Attempting to deny that to himself was impossible, merely based on his own responses.

 

Justin beamed inside and out. "I'm glad you noticed."

 

"I notice everything, Taylor. You should know that." Brian's voice dropped lower, the lateness of the hour, and the sound of Justin's voice beginning to affect him in other more enjoyable ways. "I was thinking, Picasso, how about you put down your paintbrush for the night, and use those skilled hands in another way..."

 

His cock twitched at that sound in Brian's voice. There was nothing like the sound, nor the look, of Brian Kinney being turned on and ready to pounce. That it was directed at him made him ache all over. "What did you have in mind, Stud?"

 

"Well... I was thinking some hot phone sex would be a perfect way to send me off before my big game."

 

Justin couldn't think of anything he'd enjoy more, excluding being in Brian's arms. He wished he could be, but there were still many unresolved issues between them. In time, he hoped a resolution could be found, but for now, maybe they could have this. He wasn't about to make it so easy for Brian, though. Teasing Brian excited him in so many ways, and he had the feeling it kept him interested too. That was definitely not a bad thing. "I have a better idea."

 

"I'm listening..." Brian growled. He refused to hope it meant Justin would let him come to him and do what they both itched to do. Justin clearly wasn't ready for the full meal, and he had accepted that. A taste would do him for now. Something told him the full experience would be more than worth the wait. "Why do I have the feeling this idea isn't going to result in our cumulative orgasms?"

 

Laughing, Justin told him, "Perhaps not tonight. I was hoping to give you even more incentive on the playing field. Lead the Panthers to a conference championship tomorrow... and the next time you call, I will be eager and more than willing to participate in the hottest phone sex you can handle."

 

"I can handle a hell of a lot, Taylor, but you know that," Brian swore profusely, Justin's words doing nothing to ease the throbbing of his dick. "Fine. You've got yourself a deal. When I win tomorrow - I will be calling you; I expect you to be ready."

 

"I'll be ready, Mr. Quarterback." Justin hated the fact that the call needed to end, but they both needed rest tonight... and for the first time in weeks, he had something to look forward to. There would be a smile on his lips when he found sleep tonight. "Good luck tomorrow, Brian. I know you don't need it, but good luck all the same."

 

"Thanks, Taylor." Brian felt secure in the fact that no one could read his softer expression, one that only seemed derived from his connection with this unique blond boy. "I'm glad you'll be there tomorrow, and that you get to share the day with your father."

 

Justin smiled. He might not know much about Brian's childhood, but he knew displaying such sentiment wasn't common for him. It gave him so much hope for the future. The distance that separated them didn't even dampen his outlook for what their future could bring. "Goodnight, Brian. I hope we talk again soon."

 

Brian ended the call, his hand tightening around the phone, almost as if keeping the contact alive longer. Yeah, we'll talk again soon, he thought to himself. With any luck - that, and so much more.

 

TBC