- Text Size +

 

Brian paced around the perimeter of the safe house that was ideally well hidden from view. In fact, the road was so obscure, one wouldn't find it unless having specific directions, or stumbling upon it by accident. As it was, the few hours that they had been here, not a car had driven on it. That seclusion and security was exactly what he had hoped to come from this rescue mission. He nodded in passing to one of the guards monitoring the road, his words tumbling out needlessly. Brian knew he had been watching the road and property as devoutly as the trained guards. "Still no sign of anyone?"

 

"No, Mr. Kinney. Agent Riggs placed your friend in a very secure place." The guard's voice was friendly, yet stern at the same time. It was a tone that stated he knew his job, and wouldn't deviate from it. "Why don't you go back inside and relax, Sir? I'm sure Agent Riggs will phone as soon as there is news of any kind."

 

There wasn't a doubt the guard hoped that Brian would acquiesce to the request. These calibers of agents didn't care for distractions. His pacing was an unneeded distraction, even if a minor one. "I'll go inside soon. Justin was resting when I came out here. I don't want to disturb him."

 

An understanding nod followed. "I am aware that Mr. Taylor has endured a great deal. I'm sure that rest is the best thing for him."

 

Brian agreed. "That and bringing Jim Stockwell down. Once that happens, Justin's future will be much more secure."

 

"We're working on that, Sir. Trust me, Mr. Kinney. Agent Riggs is an expert at these matters."

 

Brian smiled and nodded. "I've known Calvin Riggs for a long time. I know this will be resolved quickly... perhaps even today."

 

The guard opened his mouth to respond when his phone began to ring. He reached for it, prepared to ignore all calls except one from either Washington or Agent Riggs himself. Instantly, he pressed the talk button when he found it to be the latter. "Agent Riggs, I was about to report in. I trust all is going well."

 

Calvin chuckled in delight as he watched the Federal agents cuffing and leading an unresisting Chief Stockwell away. "Everything is well in hand. You and Spiro can return to Washington now. This case is a wrap now." He paused for a moment, before asking, "By any chance is Brian nearby? I can call his cell, but I had hoped to do this all in one."

 

"Yes, Sir. He is standing right here. I'm glad everything went according to plan. I'll see you back in Washington..."

 

Brian released a deep sigh of relief. That told him all he needed to know. Stockwell had gone down, and it appeared to be with minimal fuss. As strong as the police chief always represented himself to be, he was in truth anything but that. Weak to the core, and foolishly had surrounded himself with co-conspirators even more weak than himself. It was a fitting end, in his opinion. He reached for the phone, the tension in his body slightly relaxed now. "Is it true, Calvin? It's really over?"

 

"Stockwell is in Federal custody now, Brian. Your young friend is safe." Calvin was glad for both of their sakes that this ended so quickly. From what he had read on paper, and from what Brian had also told him, this young man had suffered a great deal. Justice being served here was the greatest of pleasures. "In fact, you can take Justin home anytime he wants."

 

"Thank you, Calvin. I can't begin to express my gratitude." Brian felt the tension completely leaving him, but with an anxiousness growing to share his news with Justin. There wasn't a doubt that Justin could use some good news after the revelation of his father's treachery.

 

"Always my pleasure to help, Bri... in particular, to do so by bringing such a corrupt official to justice."

 

Brian laughed and shook his head, still unable to believe how quickly it had all come down. "I just can't believe you got Stockwell to cooperate. This has to be one of your shining moments."

 

"I can't take all the credit. Stockwell was nervous and anxious from the moment I arrived. Getting him to sing was a piece of cake. The physical evidence staring him in the face was too much for a man of Stockwell's police experience to begin to refute." Calvin arranged all his statements and documents in a pile, before he continued, "I'll be in touch if I need any witness accounts... but this should be fairly open and shut. Justin was never privy to any of this, so there isn't much he can attest to in court. It should be over for him now."

 

Over for him now. Brian only wished it were so. The knowledge of what his own father had perpetrated against him would follow him around for a while. Brian intended to be there for Justin - in whatever capacity his young blond needed. Everything was about making Justin feel secure now. It amazed him how much this boy had changed his life. Brian knew it to be a change for the better. He couldn't wait to see how much Justin continued to affect his life. Brian had the feeling this was only the beginning.

 


 

 

Brian sat down on the side of the bed where Justin continued to doze. A tender smile crossed his lips... one that he loathed having attributed to himself, and yet one he knew to be born of genuine emotion. He loved this man. In fact, there wasn't anything about this man that he didn't admire. So much had happened since the time of their first improbable meeting. Then, he would have never guessed how much his young, and utterly beautiful prisoner would change his life. He was a man that lived his life as he saw fit, and one with very few regrets - ever. However, he did regret some of his earlier harshness with Justin. From day one, Justin had rocked his world... his entire state of being - in and out of the prison. His response had often been cold, and not what the vulnerable young man most needed. Brian hoped to have many years to rectify those actions.

 

He reached out his hand to stroke away a stray tendril of hair that fluttered near Justin's eyelids, his intentions not to awaken his lover, but to keep him in blissful comfort. There was no rush now. The nightmare was over. All that remained was piecing together their future. Brian was determined that they would have one. Without a doubt, they had much to talk about. Disclosures of a candid nature, mostly on his own part, would be necessary to precipitate a solid reunion. As difficult as it would be for him to speak words that were foreign to him, Brian intended to do his best. Having Justin permanently in his life was worth humbling himself in such a moment.

 

Justin's eyes slowly began to open; that feeling of being watched pulling him from a deep sleep. It took a moment for his gaze to focus, but when he viewed the almost bemused look on Brian's face, it nearly took his breath away. There was love in his expression. Love, and hope, to be more exact. Something had happened... and this time, Justin thought it must have been a good thing. "B-Brian?" Justin asked, with sleep thickening his voice. "Has something happened?"

 

Brian smiled, his hand lifting to smooth over Justin's silky, blond hair. He could never touch Justin's hair enough. It felt like the purest, and most refined of silk. Unaware of how his eyes pulled to his fingers idly sifting through the strands, Brian answered, "It's over, Justin. You are completely safe now."

 

He sat up on the bed, abruptly dislodging Brian's hand. His eyes were wide when he looked at Brian. "Stockwell is in custody? For sure?"

 

"I just received confirmation from Calvin. I don't know exactly how it all went down; I only know he is a prisoner of the Federal government now. For the first time since your nightmare started, you are finally safe and free to live your life." Brian rolled his lips under as he surveyed the shocked, yet still saddened young man. "I know what I told you earlier will take some time to process... but you will get through it. And I hope to be part of your life as you do."

 

Justin smiled tremulously. "I want that too, Brian."

 

"I'll take you home or wherever you want to go." Brian didn't enunciate precisely where he wanted to take Justin; he didn't doubt that the desire in his eyes would more than explain for him.

 

A fierce, and determined look came over Justin's face. He would push Brian this time. Everything pointed to it being the exact right time. "Answers first, Warden Kinney. Tell me why you care so much. Why you've gone to so much trouble to protect me?"

 

"Audacious little fucker..." Brian growled in admiration. "Always pushing your boundaries. What is reality is never enough, you always need to hear it." Brian took in a deep breath before releasing it just as quickly. "Okay, here's your affirmation, Mr. Taylor. Don't expect to hear it repetitively, either!" Brian's eyes rolled to the ceiling, then back down again, all in preparation of speaking the words he never thought to say to any man. "Okay, here goes. I love you, Taylor. Everything about you entrances me. Now... I hope that is enough. I will never be a man for flowery sentiment..."

 

Justin beamed from the inside and out. Nothing could contain his joy - not now. The aloof, and commanding Warden Kinney had done what he had feared to be the impossible. He had professed his love. In his mind, it didn't get any better than that. Moving forward until he could launch himself into Brian's arms, Justin's arms tightly tangled around Brian's neck, holding on as if his very life depended on it. Tears of happiness began to slide down onto his cheeks, his voice breaking when he began to repeat over and over, almost in a mantra - "I love you, love you... love you!"

 

Brian sighed, his heart lurching, the words and his earnest tone making him feel the most humble and vulnerable he had ever felt. His lips fell into the side of Justin's neck; Brian breathed him in deeply, before light kisses began to follow. He moaned into his skin. "You are incredible, Justin Taylor... and I don't deserve you."

 

His fingers began to run through Brian's brunet strands of hair, his head tilting to give Brian unheeded access to his skin. "You don't... but I love you just the same."

 

Chuckling against Justin's skin, his tongue swept a long stripe as far as he could reach. "Incorrigible twat!" Brian growled as his tongue stroked around his ear and behind it, instantly evoking shivers in the man in his arms. "It feels like forever since I've had you in my arms. I want you, Justin. In fact, I need you."

 

Justin pulled back, his eyes searching the blatant yearning in Brian's hazel eyes. "I need you too, Brian." He looked around briefly, a slight frown furrowing his brow. "Not here, though. This place, as safe as it may be, is a reminder of my torment too."

 

Brian nodded. He couldn't agree more. Taking Justin away from this safe house was what he most wanted to do. It had all the necessary comforts... but it wasn't where he wanted to reunite with his lover. "Did you have somewhere special in mind?"

 

He bobbed his head enthusiastically. "Actually, I do." Justin leaned forward, kissing Brian fervently, his lips moving warmly, and deeply against Brian's, still knowing what he had felt the first time Brian's lips had touched his - nothing was more perfect than a Brian Kinney kiss. He didn't ever want any other lips on his again. That was a reality he didn't question for a single moment. "Take me home, Brian. And this time I won't leave you in the middle of the night."

 

"Let's go home, Justin." Brian stood to his feet, his hand reaching out for Justin's. Brian knew this night marked a new beginning for them. He intended to awaken with this man in his arms not only tomorrow... but all the tomorrow's to come. Nothing could ever surpass this immense feeling of rightness. Brian was certain nothing ever would.

 

TBC