- Text Size +

 

Justin dubiously looked down at the fake ID, realizing the irony of what he now held in his hands. As he was admitted through airport security, he shook his head as he recognized that he was now breaking the law. He hadn't truly broken any laws before his flight from the 'supposed' justice in his hometown, and if Emmett's information was correct - since it came from Brian, he didn't doubt it for a moment... his innocence had been established. As he walked through the airport, and into the lounge of their airline, his eyes searched for the most isolated section, anxious to ask Emmett all the questions that had plagued him during the long taxi ride to the airport. "Okay, Em. Can we talk now?"

 

Looking around only slightly anxious, knowing that Brian wouldn't make this flight, Emmett turned to his young traveling companion with a nervous smile on his face. "Of course, baby. What did you want to talk about?"

 

"Uhhh, well, you rushed me out of the house so fast - that in itself was surprising. Brian has been so insistent about me staying hidden." Justin managed to keep his voice lowered, despite his own confusion, knowing that was the best possible course of action for him.

 

"Well, there was a change - and one for the better." Emmett pulled Justin away from nearby passengers, and to an even more secluded location. "I'll tell you what I know, but if people come near us, I'll have to stop. I don't want anyone to overhear it - for your own protection."

 

Nodding, Justin answered back, "Yeah, I understand. So, on the rush here, you said Chris changed his story? I guess that's where I'm most confused. If he told the truth, why am I running again? And with a false name and passport."

 

Emmett looked around cautiously, slightly tensing when he heard the first boarding call. "We don't have much time. Our flight is beginning to board. Brian had the ID made in case of an emergency, long before he left today." A softer, more relaxed look entered Emmett's eyes. "Brian never doubted your innocence, nor did I; however, he was prepared to protect you no matter what it took. You've scored quite the hard catch here, Justin."

 

Justin flushed. It wasn't the first time Emmett had made such a reference. "I know I don't need to tell you how special Brian is, but I want you to know this - Brian is important to me. I don't understand it; I just know that's how it is."

 

A dreamy sigh slid through Emmett's lips. "Sometimes love happens when you least expect it. I've hoped Brian would find it; I can't tell you how long I've wanted that for him. And I think he's found that now."

 

His attention became distracted by the second announcement for their flight to Paris. "I guess we need to go. Uhhh, can you at least tell me why we're running now?"

 

"The man that attacked his son and set you up has gone missing. Brian, along with the authorities, believes that he could be hunting you."

 

"Chris' dad?" Justin whispered as they began walking in the direction where their plane was now boarding passengers. "Why me?"

 

Emmett shrugged. "Psychotics never need a good reason. Brian thinks it's a matter of revenge, and blaming you for everything." He kept his mouth shut about how Brian was laying a trap at his home for the elder Hobbs, knowing that Justin would possibly flee the airport if he knew Brian was placing his own life in danger. As it was, he would worry enough about his good friend; however, he knew the futility in attempting to change his mind. Whether spoken or not, Brian loved Justin. His actions today more than attested to that.

 

As they boarded the plane and took their seats, Justin looked hopefully toward Emmett. "Will Brian be joining us in Paris?"

 

Smiling with far more confidence than he actually possessed, Emmett told his young traveling companion, "Yes, I know he will." Emmett looked out the window as the remaining passengers boarded, silently saying a little prayer - something he rarely found himself doing. Please, God - bring him back safely. These two need each other so much.

 


 

Brian held the binoculars to his eyes, watchful for the man he knew was waiting inside his home. Hobbs had the jump on him. In all likelihood, the not-so-helpful Chief Stockwell had alerted his dear friend to the fact that Justin had been hiding in his home. Knowing that he wasn't watching alone, and that law enforcement was surrounding his home in wait, was the only thing that held him back from charging inside and confronting the man that had so viciously attacked his own son - and mentally tormented the beautiful blond that had suddenly become everything to him.

 

He smiled when he thought of where he had sent Justin - of all places... Paris. One of the most romantic cities in the world, filled with gawking tourists, would be the last place anyone would think to search. The fact that Justin was now in the clear wasn't the issue. At the end of his meeting with Stockwell, he had no way of knowing how much time he had. Realistically, he had known that Hobbs could get to his home before he did - if he had already been heading in the right direction. Thankfully, a phone call was all that was needed. He had utilized great foresight in Justin's protection, knowing that at any time his precious boy might need to take flight. He could have kept him within the country and not needing a passport; however, he wanted Justin far removed from Hobbs' reach. Paris would fulfill that quite nicely. And reuniting with him in Paris filled him with all sorts of images - many of them bordering on graphic.

 

His eyes narrowed as he caught sight of movement by the hallway window, his mind unable to fathom such a man being so careless. Chris Hobbs, Sr. had certainly allowed his need for revenge to overshadow any shred of common sense. That would work to their advantage now. His presence here was basically unnecessary, but he wouldn't go to Justin with partial closure. When he enclosed that beautiful boy in his arms, it would be to tell him it was completely over. He would be free to live and go wherever he wanted. At the end of the day, he hoped it would be with him. A harsh sigh escaped him, his ears barely taking in the police shouting for Hobbs to vacate the premises of his own accord. Now that he knew Justin's ordeal was reaching a much-anticipated end, he fervently hoped it wouldn't signal the end for them.

 

He had never thought to find a man like Justin Taylor. After knowing, and to his own surprise - falling in love with him, he couldn't imagine a life without him in it. Fuck... how he hoped that didn't happen.

 


 

Justin tossed and turned in the luxurious bed. He couldn't sleep... and how he had tried. He wanted to be fresh and alert when Brian arrived. No matter how much he didn't understand the delay and the need for sending him so far away - in his heart, he knew Brian would be here soon. Nothing else was remotely acceptable. Growling in frustration, knowing he would only agitate himself even further, Justin kicked the silken coverlets from his body, and padded onto the balcony dressed only in his snug boxers, his eyes only half-admiring the beauty of Paris. It was a remarkable sight for certain, but without Brian, the beautiful sights before him were pale and lifeless.

 

It was amazing how much his life had changed in such a short span of time. Before his unwanted adventure, everything had been about discovering what he wanted to do with his life - and finding a way to make his dreams come true. Now, his dreams were much different. Brian - pure and simple. They started and ended with him. Anything that happened along with that dream would only be icing on the cake. He gripped the railing as his eyes settled on the beautiful sight of the Eiffel Tower, wishing with all that he had within him that Brian would soon be sharing it with him. His back only slightly tensed when he heard the roughened breathing from behind him. He smiled as he realized his dream was about to be fulfilled.

 

"Truly an awe-inspiring sight, but the sight of you is equally as moving..."

 

Turning his back on the spectacular view, Justin cast a beaming smile in Brian's direction. "I doubt any Chamber of Commerce would place that notice in their travel brochures..."

 

Brian rolled his lips under, unable to stop the smile that more than spread across his mouth, at this moment knowing he had more than met his match in this younger man - in essence, knowing he had found the one person that could make his life complete. "Even now, I get sass."

 

Justin crinkled his nose. "Would you want me any other way?"

 

A serious look came over his face, his comfort with his feelings only deepening. "I'll take you any way that I can get you." He took a few steps closer. "All that matters is that I have you."

 

Uncertainty flickered on Justin's face... the questions in his mind needing immediate answers. "For tonight, tomorrow... or more?"

 

Brian's heart thundered in his chest. "Tonight - without a doubt; however, I want much more than a prolonged interlude." He leaned down and brushed his lips over the sumptuous lips, knowing he would never explore them enough. "I want it all."

 

"So do I..." Justin whispered. His heart in his eyes, he croaked out, "I- I was afraid after this was over, you would send me back home... with nothing but a pleasant memory."

 

"Perhaps I thought that too - for a brief instant. I can assure you, I didn't think that way for very long." Brian took in a deep breath before releasing it. "I want you, Justin Taylor. Not just for tonight, but forever."

 

"I love you..." Justin whimpered. "You've changed my life. And I don't just mean your protection. It's so much more than that. I didn't know what was real. Now... I do. If that makes any sense at all."

 

"It makes perfect sense... and exactly how I feel too." Brian wrapped his arms tightly around his precious gift... for that was exactly how he saw him. Disaster had brought them together, but love would keep them together. He would cherish this gift forever.

 

THE END

 

Chapter End Notes:


A/N: Forgive me, my dear readers. I didn't end this one with my standard smutty reunion. I just didn't feel it be where I wanted to take them at the end of this journey. This was more of a fluffy story, and a bit of a departure for me - that is much of why I ended it more prematurely than I probably needed to. I will leave it to the imagination how everything worked out for the rest of the gang... but, I think we know they all had a happy ending. Until next time - thank you for reading. As always, comments are greatly appreciated!! :)

The End.
confused_bliss is the author of 53 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Legendary also liked 315 other stories.