- Text Size +

 

Justin's eyes slowly opened the following morning, a relaxing stretch quickly following. He smiled as he took in the sunlight shining brightly in his temporary bedroom. He hoped that his stay would be long enough to piece together what needed to be done to fix the mess his life had become in a mere instant. Last night, his mysterious benefactor had been generous with his support, and offer of help - but would that remain the same in the light of day?

 

"So... Sleeping Beauty is finally awake." Brian stood in the doorway, a cup of steaming coffee in his hand, his brow arched as the beautiful blond scrambled beneath the covers to hide his nearly naked form from view. Not quite soon enough, though. As Justin had stretched and adjusted to the daylight, he had caught quite a lovely glimpse of a perfect body encased only in what he had assumed to be a light-colored pair of boxer briefs. "I brought you some coffee. Of course, such a young boy as yourself might prefer juice."

 

Pouting, Justin was quick to tell his teasing host, "I'll have you know I've been drinking coffee for years. And I'll be eighteen very soon. And which is it? Goldilocks or Sleeping Beauty!?"

 

Quirking a brow at Justin's morning feistiness, Brian returned, "Both analogies apply here." Brian found the news of Justin's age good and bad - for very different reasons. Legally, Justin was past the age of consent. His raging libido liked that part. However, one thing was very disturbing... If Justin was somehow captured and faced a court hearing, he would most likely be tried as an adult. That could have much harsher consequences. Moving closer, Brian placed the cup of coffee on the nightstand, watching as Justin reached for it. "It has a couple of spoons of sugar in it. I had no idea how you liked it."

 

Taking a slow sip, Justin swallowed it, smiling before setting it back down. "It's perfect... thank you."

 

No, you're perfect, Brian thought to himself, irritated at himself for the tender and entirely too lesbianic thought. "I spent some time researching your problem. You made the front page news, even so far from home." He paused as he remembered the details. "I'm not familiar with your town, although it seems very small." When Justin nodded in the affirmative, Brian continued, "Sadly, such abuse happens in these kinds of towns. One man comes into power, and it's either sink or swim for everyone else."

 

"That's it exactly with Chris' dad." He bit at his lip nervously, looking intently at his brunet savior. "After reading what had to have been a scathing article about me - you still believe me to be innocent?"

 

If anything, he had been more convinced of Justin's innocence after reading the 'apparent' witness accounts of the events of last night. It was amazing how much he felt he knew the young boy after such a short acquaintance; however, he hadn't seen anything to allude to Justin being anything other than what he appeared... and that was on all counts - completely genuine. "Yes, I still believe you. And I want to help you prove that innocence."

 

"But how?" Justin's lower lip trembled as he asked the question, at this moment feeling more vulnerable than he ever had. Before falling asleep again - late last night - the seriousness of his situation had more deeply occurred to him. He needed Brian's help, although he felt wrong about accepting so much from a stranger. What amazed him the most was his immediate, and complete trust in this man. His eyes were so deep and intense, his jaw set in such determination. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Brian would keep him safe. It left him with a peculiar feeling both in his chest and stomach as he made that realization. All he knew was that he needed him... desperately.

 

"Obviously the most effective, and easiest way out is for young Chris Hobbs to come forward regarding his father's horrifying act. However... I am a realist, I really don't hold out much hope for that."

 

Justin snorted. "That will never happen. Chris is a bully, and he's securely under daddy's thumb. If that is my only hope, I may as well resign myself to a life on the run..."

 

"Stop that!" Brian's tone was full of censure. The fact that he cared about such an outcome for the boy unsettled him most of all. Why the fuck did he even care? What was it about this boy? Was it his guile? His innocence? Or was it a totality of his all-around perfection? He wasn't sure what correctly defined it - he only knew he intended on seeing this through, the only outcome acceptable to him being Justin's full vindication. "You have no idea the power I can amass - especially against small-town empty-headed pricks!"

 

A timid smile curved Justin's lips, his anxiety temporarily vanishing. "I have no doubt you are an unstoppable force... however, I have a deck stacked against me."

 

"I'm not arguing that. In another town, it would be purely circumstantial, and with the right attorney, things could be different." Brian knew Justin would probably be hesitant about that option. He was clearly not very trusting of others, and he had to say that was with good reason. They needed to get a look inside - up close and personal - without needing to rely on news reports. It was just a matter of making that happen.

 

"A-attorney? No, I can't do that, Brian. For one, I don't have that kind of money... and another, a lawyer would insist I go back. I-I'm not ready to do that." Justin's eyes were fearful, almost pleading his case in one desperate look.

 

Brian moved closer, barely restraining the urge to pull the boy into his arms and offer some physical comfort. He knew himself too well. It might start out as comfort, but it would escalate into so much more. He wasn't blind to his effect on other men - gay men in particular. The admiration in Justin's eyes had been apparent from the instant they had met. He could have this boy with very little effort. His experience would assure him of easy acquisition. He couldn't rule out the possibility of using his skills to seduce the boy - if he placed his hands on him. The blond was just too fucking desirable, and he wasn't a man accustomed to denying himself what he wanted. His voice lowered, as he told him in his most soothing tone, "Justin, no one is going to make you go back. That won't happen until you're ready for it. You can trust me."

 

Justin pulled at the sheet that covered him, shyly trying to hide himself from view; although assuming that Brian had seen quite a lot when he first stepped into the room. Nervously, he stammered, "Uhhh, I- I know we just met, and there's no reason for it, but I do trust you."

 

"Good..." Brian whispered, unable to pull his eyes from Justin's lips. The boy was so fucking beautiful, he thought to himself. "You are completely safe here." To himself, Brian amended, as safe as you want to be... Clearing his throat, Brian forced himself to stand to his feet. It was either that or lean forward and taste those succulent lips that seemed designed purely to frustrate him. "Maybe you should get dressed and come downstairs. We can talk more... and you must be hungry. Feel free to take a shower first if you want."

 

"Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks." Justin scrunched up his nose as a thought occurred to him. "Uhhh, do you have some things I can borrow?"

 

Brian smirked. "I guess you are traveling very lightly. Your bathroom is fully stocked. Shampoo, soap, fresh deodorant, and toothbrush. Everything you should need will be in there. Use the robe hanging on the door; I'll send Emmett back out to get some clothes for you."

 

"Emmett?" Justin bit his lip, not wanting to show an abundance of curiosity, yet unable to fully still it. "Is that your boyfriend?"

 

A shriek was the answer to Justin's question. They both turned to look as the thin, flamboyantly dressed man burst into the room, his hands waving about in sudden agitation. "Boyfriend? Heavens no, Baby. I am merely the hired help."

 

Brian rolled his eyes. "Hired help indeed. If that were the case... I would have fired you years ago for your constant interruptions and blatant acts of disrespect! However, now that you have intruded, Emmett, this is Justin. This colorful Queen is my houseman, as well as a good friend."

 

Emmett stepped further into the room, assessing their houseguest. He moved to stand next to Justin, his hands raising to lay across his own cheeks. "Brian, you didn't tell me how adorable he is." An accusing look entered his eyes as he looked at Brian. "Don't worry, Baby, I'll protect you from the big, bad wolf."

 

Justin laughed. He liked Emmett instantly. He was totally over the top... and he loved it. "Actually, he's been the perfect gentleman."

 

A skeptical look on his face as he looked back and forth between the two of them, Emmett's eyes were wide in astonishment, his eyes never leaving Justin as he asked, "You're telling me you were in this house - all night - with Brian, and he never..."

 

"Enough, Honeycutt. Just determine Justin's size and go back into town and get him some clothes. Make sure you get him a complete ensemble, and all of the basic necessities." Brian was irritated, but not because of Emmett's words. What perturbed him the most was the knowledge of how badly he wanted to devour the young boy. However, he was a man of experience, he could be patient and work on Justin's problems first. "And don't forget - Justin is supposed to blend in. Choose his clothing accordingly."

 

Emmett released a long-suffering sigh. "No pink or neon green? He'd look so cute in them."

 

Justin shuddered in response. He eyed the two of them curiously, astounded by how different the two men were, and yet, the closeness they shared was more than apparent.

 

"Absolutely not..." Brian answered, unable to stop smiling at Emmett's typical antics. He wasn't the least bit concerned. After spending nearly an hour going over the details he had uncovered in Justin's case, and relaying it to Emmett - piece by piece, he knew that Emmett would do what was in Justin's best interest. By nature, he wasn't a trusting man; however, he trusted Emmett. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that his friend would make the right choices.

 

"No worries, Sweetie. I know exactly what to do..." Emmett said, before gliding back to the bedroom door, in his mind, the discussion long over.

 

Quickly sliding into his pants, Justin stood to his feet, his voice calling out to the departing man, "Hey, wait! Don't you need to know my sizes?"

 

Brian and Emmett shared an amused glance, before Emmett airily replied, "Darling, I am an expert of the male size; I know exactly how to best equip you." His eyes moved over the tight jeans that cradled the young boy, a soft whistle escaping. "It appears that you have quite the package. I'll make sure to accentuate that!"

 

Groaning, Brian refrained from ogling the beautiful blond, that very fact not being unnoticed by him earlier when Justin had scrambled for cover. "Just remember that he will be mostly housebound, only going out in the evenings. Basic and casual is what we want."

 

"Such a pity..." Emmett observed, his eyes more on Brian than on their troubled houseguest. Brian had lost that aloof, bored demeanor. He had noticed it earlier when Brian told Justin's story. That he had taken the boy in, and seemingly cared about helping him was significant. Something was brewing here... and he couldn't wait to see what happened next. "I'll be back later this afternoon. You boys behave..."

 

"Take your time..." Brian told him, his eyes warming as they rested on the bare-chested boy. Fuck, this kid was hot. He couldn't get that thought out of his mind... or keep his cock from noticing the same. He wanted the blond. Restraint would be more difficult than it ever had been.

 

Justin smiled brightly at Brian as Emmett scurried away with a wave to both of them. His gratitude held no limits. He couldn't believe how lucky he had been to find this house, and this man in particular, but he knew he was in the best and safest place he could be. Unable to resist, Justin rushed forward, his hand reaching up to cup the back of Brian's neck, pulling him down for a quick, yet intense kiss. He hadn't expected to feel sparks when their lips met; however, that was exactly how he felt. Pulling back, Justin gasped at the raw hunger in Brian's eyes, he remained motionless, unsure of what to do or say next. "I- I, uhhh, just wanted to say thank you..."

 

Brian shook his head. His intentions had been so good, but now they would probably be for shit. Now that he had briefly tasted those lips, he wasn't sure he could keep his hands off. Even more tempting was in knowing that Justin didn't want him to resist. In a raw, aching voice, Brian told him, "You shouldn't have done that." His tone became even huskier, Brian growled, "Now that you crossed that line, I suppose I should kiss you again. I'm a man that likes to be informed... and test out every possibility. Another kiss will tell me if you really taste as good as I thought you did..."

 

A moan slid through Justin's lips as Brian's mouth captured his. Captured was exactly how they felt. It was a feeling he hoped to enjoy repeatedly during his time here. As Brian made quick work of totally devouring his mouth, Justin thought that was exactly what would happen.

 

TBC