- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A.N: Brian will be very primitive - par with the life he leads - Justin will be extremely vulnerable, and yet, far more feisty than he should be.

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Queer as Folk. This is done for entertainment purposes only!

Banner: Thank you as always, to the talented Marny1. Your graphics always brings my stories to life. Thank you, Marian. :) 

 

 

"Las Vegas?" Ted visibly shuddered. He looked in Brian's direction, thankful at least that the Sultan was wearing American clothes. Standing out was never a good thing in a foreign land - especially for a man of the Sultan's power. "I mean, why Las Vegas, Sultan?"

 

"Why not?" he quipped. "It is proclaimed as 'Sin City'. I figured I would fit in nicely." A droll laugh followed.

 

"Are we still returning home in the morning, Sire?" Ted asked, his eyes darting around to observe the Sultan's security team discreetly in place. He abhorred these trips away from the safety of home. Brian never adhered to any form of normalcy. The clubs and locales he visited were never ones of a discreet nature. This layover in Las Vegas was a prime example.

 

Nodding, Brian told him, "I promised Gus I would fly home tomorrow; I don't intend on breaking a promise to my son."

 

"We've been gone for two weeks; I know he'll be happy to see his daddy." Ted smiled as he thought of Brian with his son. In those moments the controlling, and arrogant Sultan was vastly changed. Then, he was simply a father. It was always a pleasure to see. Noticing that Brian seemed to be on a direct path for where they were going, he curiously asked, "What's the plan, Sultan?"

 

Brian sighed in irritation. "Can you drop the Sultan, Theodore? At least while we're in America..."

 

"A low profile is understandable; however, you are still my Sultan."

 

"We have never stood on ceremony - you know that." Brian cast an irritated glance at the man that handled his financial affairs, as always, displeased with the formality he sought to pursue. "You are my financial advisor, Ted, not a member of my harem. Unless in a political meeting, you should be addressing me by name." A knowing look entered his eyes. "My American name."

 

Grinning sheepishly, Ted conceded, "As you wish, Brian. You know how I love to aggravate you."

 

"Now isn't the time," he snapped. "I need to relax tonight before the long trip home. This evening is about exploring our ties to America. Let's just do as they say - go with the flow - and have a good time."

 

"You? The almighty Sultan - go with the flow? I can't wait to see that..." an amused voice cackled next to his ear.

 

His eyes glittering angrily, Brian turned to face the husband of his Chief of Security; as always, set on edge by his simpering tone. "Michael, please tell me why I invited you along..."

 

"Because my husband asked..." Michael returned cockily.

 

Brian's head turned to see Ben hovering close behind, an amused smile on his face. Michael seemed to take great pleasure in annoying him, sometimes he wondered about the reasons behind it, but not enough to question it. As long as Ben was happy with his husband, and he was treated with the respect he was due, he saw no reason to interfere. Should any of that change, though, Michael would be receiving treatment from him that no man wanted to be the recipient of, yet sadly, a punishment many did have to endure.

 

Ben pushed forward, quickly intercepting his Sultan. "Brian, what's the plan here tonight?"

 

"I've made arrangements for a private poker game behind closed doors. I have secured you a chair as well; I figured you would be more comfortable to be close." Brian knew his security leader so well. He would go out of his mind if he were closed off from him, unable to scrutinize every possible threat that came his way.

 

A deep sigh of relief followed. "That's good; I was a bit concerned. I have noticed quite a few foreign dignitaries checking in tonight. It stands to reason you could be noticed. I'd definitely like to be close."

 

"I observed the same." Brian frowned thoughtfully, before continuing, "It's just as well that we return home in the morning, then."

 

Michael cast a petulant look at his husband. "What am I supposed to do while you are playing poker with Brian?"

 

Brian immediately intercepted the look of irritation on Ben's face. Fuck! How he'd love to leave Michael in America when they returned home... but flaws or not, Ben did love Michael. While that aspect remained, there was little he could do. "I left a bankroll with the cashier for you and Ted. Enjoy yourselves on me."

 

"You didn't have to do that, but thank you, Brian." Ted cast a pointed look at Michael, silently willing him to be just as gracious. He didn't have a clue what Michael's problem had been lately, but he sure wished it would end soon. He wasn't certain how long Brian would continue to be patient with him. Quickly observing that Michael wasn't going to voice any sort of gratitude, Ted prodded him, "Shall we go see the cashier, Michael? The sooner we get started, Brian and Ben can too."

 

"Fine..." Michael grumbled, dutifully following behind Ted, knowing in this instance he had very little choice. Perhaps he would be richer when he left here tomorrow... and all of it funded by the powerful Sultan.

 

Ben sighed as he watched them walking away. "I'm sorry, Brian. I don't understand Michael sometimes. His behavior just doesn't make sense."

 

Brian patted Ben on the back, urging him in the direction of their assignation. "Don't trouble yourself, Ben. Let's go rob these American's blind..."

 

Chuckling, Ben walked next to the Sultan, his eyes assessing everyone that looked in their direction. "Don't forget that you have a small amount of American blood in you too."

 

"I never forget anything." Brian cast an intense look Ben's way. "I'm sure you know that more than anyone."

 

"That I do." Ben remained silent as Brian supplied the passes that would gain them entry into the private gaming room, a sudden quiver of awareness moving up and down his spine. What it meant he didn't know, but his gut told him something significant would happen on this night. Whether it would be good or bad was what remained to be seen.

 


 

Brian wasn't certain what provoked him to look up from his cards. They had been playing for two hours now; he had been winning and losing, each at times of his own choosing. It was never good to clean the table out prematurely. That always led to incidents. A man of his position sought to avoid those whenever possible. Perhaps it was the voice that pulled his focus from the game. His eyes crawled over the backside of the well-dressed man. It was apparent he was a casino employee. Brian folded on what was a good hand, aware that his attention had been diverted for the moment.

 

Moving from player to player, his nametag identifying him to everyone, Justin smiled graciously at each man, politely inquiring if they wanted anything from the bar. It was a very organized set up in the private rooms. He didn't even need to leave the room to fill their drinks. When he was asked to fill in for a few hours, Justin leaped at his chance. Truth be known, he didn't have a choice in the matter. The tips in these private games were usually generous to the extreme; as it was, he was barely keeping himself from living on the street - he needed every dollar he could get.

 

Writing down each drink order on a small notepad, he came to the other side of the table to engage the last two men. He looked at the lighter-haired man first. He was very attractive, but he didn't seem to fit in this environment. Justin qualified that immediately. It wasn't that he didn't fit in, it was more like he was uncomfortable in it, similar to one waiting for something to happen... while not knowing when or what it would be. "May I get you something from the bar, Sir?"

 

Ben smiled tightly at the young blond, his eyes narrowing at the look in Brian's eyes during the entire exchange. Bloody hell, he thought to himself. They had been doing so well on this trip. As well as he knew Brian... the foreboding he had felt when entering the room was making sense now. How he hoped this boy responded favorably, and more importantly - respectfully to Brian, who was clearly about to enter Sultan mode. If not - there would be a situation... and it would fall on him to resolve it. "No, thank you. Alcohol adversely affects my playing ability." Ben ignored the amused chuckles that moved around the table. He had lost nearly every hand so far; these men weren't the least bit intimidated by his playing skills.

 

Justin smiled in understanding. "How about something non-alcoholic?"

 

"Just some water, thank you." Ben cast a worried glance in Brian's direction, even more alarmed as he noticed Brian was so fascinated by the casino employee that he hadn't noticed any of the pointed glances he directed his way. This could be very bad, he thought. Very bad indeed.

 

Moving to the last man at the table, Justin gave his most welcoming smile, his breath almost lodging in his throat at the beauty of the hazel-eyed man. "S-Sir? What can I get for you?"

 

Brian licked his lips as his eyes smoldered over what he had already decided to be his fun for the night. He would be sleeping his entire flight home, for there wasn't a doubt in his mind that he'd be fucking this man - all night long. Fuck, the boy was beautiful. Those impossibly blue eyes, that perfect blond hair... and most of all - those full lips that were meant to give a man pleasure. He had to have him. "Whiskey would be a good place to start."

 

"S-start?" Justin gulped, instantly wondering if that response had meant more.

 

He looked at the blond's name badge, instantly committing it to memory. "Yes, Justin. Stay very close; I have a feeling I will need much more from you tonight."

 

Ben groaned. So it begins. His only fear was one simple question. How would it all end?

 

TBC