- Text Size +

 

Brian smiled at his young son, as he listened to him exuberantly telling him of all that he'd missed these past weeks. He marveled at how captivated he became by the joy on his son's face, a look that could only be attributed to the innocence found in a child. Grimly, he acknowledged that life would steal that from him; however, for now, everything was perfect in his world. He intended to make sure that lasted as long as it could.

 

"I'm amazed, Sonnyboy. You did all of that in a matter of two weeks. Perhaps I should go away more often..." he teased, immediately sorrowful when he met the crestfallen look on his son's face.

 

"No, Daddy! You promised!" Gus' lower lip began to tremble, a large portion of his six-year-old confidence draining from him.

 

His eyes briefly met Lindsay's that were glaring at him from the other end of the table. Apparently, they both needed pacifying, although soothing her ruffled feathers didn't mean that much to him. He reached for his son's hand, squeezing it firmly for a long moment. "Gus, Daddy was only teasing. I don't plan on leaving for a very long time."

 

Gus' frown turned into an immediate smile, his eyes sparkling as he looked at the father he adored. Without any warning, he jumped from his chair and hurled himself into his father's arms, his much smaller arms wrapping around his neck. Brian clutched his son tightly to him, thinking nothing could be more real than this. Children were truly a miracle. He cherished this one more than anything in the world.

 

Once they finally separated, Brian found himself thankful he had deigned this a family-only dinner. He had never been comfortable with overt displays of affection, not even with his son. Despite being in the security of his own home, it was still a variable that he found unsettling. He couldn't imagine a time when that would change. As Gus returned to his seat, his next matter of interest in devouring his dessert, Brian looked across the table, a frown marring his brow at Lindsay's continued morose expression, and her still full plate. "Lindsay? Is something wrong with your dinner? Should I have the cook prepare you something else?"

 

Shaking her head, Lindsay assured him, "No, this is fine. I'm just not hungry."

 

"Is there something on your mind?" Brian further probed, almost certain he would receive a response in the affirmative.

 

"If you have the time, I'd like a word with you after dinner..." Lindsay answered, casting a quick look at their son to make sure he wasn't aware of any distress, relieved to find him absorbed in his chocolate baklava.

 

"Of course." Brian returned his attention to his son, amazed as he continued to stuff the delicacy into his mouth, astounded that such a small child could eat so much... Yet, a fact that pleased him immensely. The health and well-being of both his family and everyone in his household was of prime importance to him. That his son enjoyed such good health, and a positive outlook was all he could either want or expect as a father. He intended to keep guiding his son, the one most likely to be his successor, to be the strongest and most confident of men. Even at his young age, he realized they were already building a strong foundation.

 

"Daddy, may I be excused?" Gus asked, only after he finished the last crumb from his dessert plate. "I wanted to ride my horse before it gets dark. Ben said he'd take me."

 

Brian nodded. "Yes, I know he did. Go enjoy yourself. I'll see you first thing in the morning."

 

Gus hugged his father tightly. "I'm glad you're home, Daddy. I missed you so much."

 

Meeting Lindsay's eyes across the table, his own narrowed on the displeasure she directed at the contact, instantly alert that something was very wrong with her. Whatever it could be, he would resolve that quickly. Nothing was more important than his son's happiness. He wouldn't allow her to upset the balance in their home. "I missed you too, Sonnyboy." Brian patted him affectionately on the back, before watching as he quickly hugged his mother before scampering from the dining room. Once the door was closed behind his retreating son, Brian turned to face Lindsay. "What seems to be the problem?"

 

"It's not a problem really." Lindsay stood from her chair, pacing around lightly, uncertain of how to approach a subject she had delayed for too long.

 

"Apparently, it is..." Brian retorted blandly. "I have plans for the rest of the evening; I'd prefer to resolve your issue as quickly as possible."

 

Lindsay glared at him. "Of course you do. Carrying on with your new slave has to take precedence over your family!"

 

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Brian exploded at her. "I am always there for my son. You are the one who wanders off at will when my island or your life here doesn't live up to your expectations."

 

"I don't want to argue with you. It's no use. You are always right, and everyone else is wrong. It never changes. I should have listened to Melanie and never came here!"

 

"Melanie..." Brian sneered. She had been talking to that viper again. Fuck! He had planned for an uneventful and relaxing evening... culminating with getting to know Justin much better. It now appeared that his night would be filled with tension. "Get to the fucking point!"

 

Lindsay had to look away from the anger in Brian's eyes. She had rarely incited anger in him, although she had seen others make that mistake. It wasn't something she really wanted to do, but she had sacrificed her happiness long enough. It was time to take a stand. "I want to return to America. I have never belonged here, no matter how much you have welcomed me into your home. I'm only here because of Gus, and we both know that."

 

"You have always been free to leave. I've never forced you to remain here." Brian stood to his feet, and aggressively he moved forward. "There's only one thing. If you leave here, you do so without my son."

 

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about..." she began hesitantly. "Melanie feels that if I leave, I could petition for partial custody at the very least. I think that is what would be best for our son."

 

Brian's nostrils flared. How he wished he could wrap his hands around that vindictive bitch's throat... the one that was clearly urging Lindsay on. "I will never relinquish custody of my son. Nor will I agree to partial custody. You agreed to my terms before you had him - everything is legal and unable to be challenged, no matter what your bitch of a lover suggests!"

 

"Perhaps so, but think about Gus. He needs his mother in his life. He loves me, Brian... and you know that."

 

"He'll get over it!" Brian snarled. He moved closer to her, his eyes filled with venom. "My son will never travel to America to visit you. The only time you will ever have with him is if you come here to him. His safety is assured on my lands. I can't adequately protect him there."

 

Lindsay thought about that for a moment. She knew Brian was right. As the Sultan's only son, and heir, he was at risk should Brian's enemies ever decide to strike out against him. If Gus were to live in America or even visit, he would need constant protection... and that might not be enough. Gus needed to stay here, at least for now. "Fine. I obviously can't fight you on this. But I can't stay here, Brian. I need to go home."

 

"Then go. No one is stopping you." Brian shook his head in disgust. How could she leave her son so easily? It was unfathomable to him, and it filled him with distrust for her. "Just remember what I have said - Gus stays here. If you want to see him, you will do it on my lands."

 

"Fine. I'll leave in a few days." Lindsay moved to the door, her steps halting when she had just stepped past Brian. "You are being unreasonable... and you know it. Gus could be protected in America. You could see to that. The truth is very simple - you are being selfish. One day, our son will resent you for this. Once that happens, you will lose him forever!"

 

"Get out of my sight. My respect and tolerance for you only extend so far!" Brian felt rage consuming him at the audacity of her words. "Your mind has been filled with poison from your bitch of a lover. You can't even think for yourself. That in itself makes you a bad example for my son."

 

Lindsay slammed from the room, uncaring of how disrespectful her behavior could be interpreted. Melanie had been right. Brian would never treat her with equality regarding Gus, or in any other way. She had thought over time, he would be more agreeable - clearly, that wasn't the case. In time, she hoped Gus would plead her case to his father. As she thought about the adoration Gus had for his father, she couldn't imagine that coming anytime soon. Gus would choose his father if given the choice. All she could do was wait, and hope for an opening. It was a slim chance, yet, the only one she had.

 


 

Following dinner, which he had eaten very little of, Justin found himself reclining on the cushions, not the least bit surprised when Brandon quickly materialized by his side. He gave him a half-smile, before telling him, "I know you take your duties seriously, but you really don't have to watch over me so closely. I'm not going to cause any trouble." Justin amended himself, at least not right now. He would wait for the right time to make any moves, choosing the time that it would be the most effective.

 

Brandon laughed. "Hanging out with the most beautiful man in our master's harem doesn't place any hardship on me..."

 

"Better watch out. That almost sounded flirtatious. I doubt your master would appreciate that..."

 

"Our master..." Brandon corrected, clicking his tongue in the process. "And it wasn't flirting. I was merely stating the obvious."

 

Justin snorted. "I doubt he'd see it that way."

 

"You're probably right. The Sultan is very hot-blooded, extremely possessive... and his desire for you is immense." Brandon thought back on the Sultan's earlier visit. He had never seen his eyes so filled with lust and determination. This beautiful boy didn't stand a chance once their master began his true seduction. No man could resist it. A captive one had no hope of resistance. A part of him was envious of this new addition to their family. He knew what it meant to be the Sultan's favorite flavor of the day. He had extended his run far longer than any of the others. In fact, when the Sultan had a ravenous appetite, he still called on him to satisfy it. He had to wonder how often that would be the case now.

 

"Yeah, I'd noticed..." Justin dryly retorted.

 

"Are you a virgin?" Brandon asked bluntly, not even caring if he was overheard. Very few secrets existed in the harem. That wasn't one that would be kept for long - if it proved to be true.

 

His eyes wide in shock, Justin sputtered, "H-how does that matter?"

 

"I'm sure it will matter a great deal to our possessive master. And no need to answer. You did that sufficiently in your response." Brandon looked at Justin in bewildered admiration. "I don't know how you've remained so. The Sultan is truly a lucky man."

 

Justin was immediately filled with a reckless, but a satisfying idea. He knew this was most likely a mistake on all levels, but his more rebellious nature wouldn't allow him to resist. He slid closer to Brandon on the cushions, more than aware of the gasp that came from the man in question. This was so unfair to this man that had only shown him kindness, but this was war - wasn't it? As they said... he needed to fight fire with fire. He laid his hand on Brandon's bare knee, his fingers slowly moving upward. His voice was sultry, and filled with insinuation when he spoke, "It doesn't have to be like that, Brandon. I know he said I couldn't be touched, but who says he needs to know??"

 

Brandon felt his cock stirring beneath his brief covering, a part of him wishing he could take advantage of the hot body that was deliberately trying to entice him into doing the wrong thing. He reached for Justin's hand, squeezing it lightly before replacing it on his own lap. Brandon turned to face Justin, realizing he wasn't completely hiding the lust from his eyes. His voice was rough when he spoke, "In other circumstances, I'd be all over you. I wouldn't stop until I had you. At least, that was what I would have done before the Sultan found me, and my devotion became focused on him and his needs. I will never betray my master. You need to accept that right now."

 

Not one to give up so easily, Justin's eyes focused hungrily on Brandon's lips, his tongue sliding out to provocatively trace along his own. "Your loyalty isn't in question; however, you are a man. I know your needs aren't being satisfied, only being called to him whenever he decrees it. You could have so much more." Justin's voice dropped even lower, raw sex resonating from within it. "You could have me."

 

"A tempting offer for certain, but my resolve is far greater than your determination to anger the Sultan." Brandon stood to his feet, in this instant only wanting to distance himself from the teasing, and far too tempting young man. The Sultan had forgiven such violations in the past; however, in the case of Justin, most especially before he had tasted that particular fruit, he knew his passionate master wouldn't be so forgiving. As pleasurable as fucking Justin would be - the consequences would not be worth it. For some reason, he worried that would be something he would need to remind himself on a daily basis.

 

"Well... if you ever change your mind, I think you know where to find me..." Justin pressed on, knowing he had been victorious. Brandon's loyalty to the Sultan would ensure that he would confide in the hot-headed Arab ruler. The Sultan would be incensed, and hopefully, it would give him more time to think about what to do next. He realized the risk existed that the Sultan would push him even harder, yet, still a chance he felt he needed to take.

 

Brandon smirked at him, refusing to let the boy think he had won a major victory, although both of them knew he had. There wasn't a doubt he would fuck the blond - if their master had extended permission, but that wasn't something he expected to be forthcoming - now or ever. This boy was so dangerous, not only to himself, but to the order of the harem. He needed to watch him even more closely. He could only hope that Justin continued to practice his wiles on him, and not their other brothers. As contemptuous as they presently found this new addition to be, one of them might partake of the forbidden fruit. Should that happen, chaos would be sure to ensue.

 

That was something he sought to avoid at all costs.

 

TBC