- Text Size +

 

Brian couldn't remember the last time he'd been this distracted. In the past fifteen minutes, he had lost five-thousand dollars. The money meant next to nothing to him; however, his diverted attention was much more significant. It wasn't something acceptable in his world. In the rare occurrence of a distraction, he resolved it quickly. Resourcefulness was a much-needed commodity to effectively govern. He knew he was a strong, and firm leader of his people. He loved his land, as well as the life he lived. As much as he enjoyed his visits to America and all of the recreational activities those visits provided him... he was always glad to go home.

 

"Sir?" the dealer prompted. "Are you in this hand?"

 

Ben looked at Brian, then anxiously at the slightly impatient group of men. He bit his tongue just before addressing him as Sultan... although, not before Brian shot him a warning glare. He hadn't even spoken the Sultan's titled address... and still, he had picked up on it. Clearly, his distraction wasn't absolute. "Uhhh, Brian? Is everything okay?"

 

Justin's back tensed from his position behind the bar. Despite being in the far corner of the room, he could hear almost everything. There was something about that man that alarmed him - both favorably and adversely. He knew nothing of this man that the other stranger referred to as 'Brian'. The only thing he did instinctively know was that he was a powerful man. He exuded control and dominance. Justin encountered many men of such a type at the casino... but this one was different. He wondered what this man did in life. Glancing up from the preparation of a drink he was making for one of the other players, Justin flushed when he found the man in question was watching him. It was more than a casual observation - he was studying him. Awareness had struck a chord within him the first moment they had spoken; although, it wasn't one he was going to act on. Casino rules didn't exactly prohibit it, provided it was done during non-working hours. No, that wasn't the problem. As his eyes became captured by the stormy and utterly primitive gaze, Justin knew it was wise to keep his distance. This man was far out of his league. He couldn't forget that for one moment.

 

Flicking his eyes away from the blond that had seemed to monopolize his entire attention, Brian looked impatiently at the dealer, before pushing the entirety of his chips into the center of the table. His face was impassive as the collective gasps were heard around the room. Glancing down at his hand, one that was mediocre at best, Brian waited for the other players to either call or fold. With such a large increase to the pot, he didn't have to wait for long. He smiled as the Stetson-wearing man from Texas folded, Ben quickly did the same with an irritated eye roll, all of them watching as the last two players made their bets.

 

They were all surprised when Brian folded after the last round of bets, none of them realizing this had been his way of quickly extricating himself from a game he no longer had any interest in playing. Only one pursuit interested him now... and it had nothing to do with the game of poker or any other game found on the casino floor. Brian's eyes hungrily slid over the blond as he delivered a drink to the Texan, the lust in his eyes open for anyone to see. "It appears that taps me out, gentlemen."

 

Brian stood from the table, his eyes only on the blond that was making an awkward attempt of keeping busy. He chuckled aloud as he began to clang glasses together, all in an obvious attempt to keep himself separate from what was going on in the room. The boy would soon learn he was very much involved in this process. "Good evening..." Brian drawled in his dismissal to the other players, disinterested in who claimed the pot he had so generously donated to the pile. It was of no surprise to him when Ben pocketed his few remaining chips and ended his participation.

 

Ben cleared his throat anxiously. "I'll just wait in the lobby, Brian." He cast a pointed look in Justin's direction. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that his employer wasn't prepared to leave just yet.

 

Waving him off, Brian walked toward his intended prey... never a doubt in his mind of this man being in his bed within the hour - much sooner if he had his way. Without any preliminary chatter, Brian brusquely demanded, "What time does your shift end?"

 

Justin was immediately speechless at the directness of the question. He knew exactly why he was being asked... The lust had been shooting from the beautiful stranger's eyes from the moment he had looked into them. "I-I have a few more hours yet, Sir. Although, I don't see that it matters..."

 

"Everything matters, Justin." Brian enforced extreme control on himself, keeping his arms, and hands positioned at his sides. He wanted to touch the boy, but now wasn't the time. "End your shift now..." Brian demanded, his eyes fastened darkly on the luscious, full lips - his intent to learn full knowledge of them increasing each moment that passed. At the look of confusion on the blond's face, Brian added what he knew to be enough to entice any man in his position. "I will more than compensate you for that time." Licking his lips in anticipation, his eyes openly devouring the beautiful young man, Brian confidently added, "It will be a night you will never forget..."

 

Laughing sardonically, Justin became totally oblivious to the other men watching them curiously, unaware of how his outburst was about to directly affect his destiny. "My God! We just met, and you say all of that to me. I cannot be bought, rented, or coerced in any way. But... I guess when in Vegas..."

 

"Lower your voice," Brian growled, a slight flush staining his cheeks, unaccustomed to any man disrespecting him so publicly. "I return home in the morning; in the meantime, I was thinking the two of us could spend a mutually satisfying evening together. I am an extremely busy man; I do not have time for the standard pick-up games."

 

Deliberately, Justin yawned in the beautiful man's face. There was nothing he would enjoy more than a night in his arms, but he really didn't care for his attitude. Not at all. "I do appreciate the offer, but I think I'll pass."

 

"Telling me - no, thank you, without all of the rudeness would have been more preferable... not to mention much wiser in your position." Brian's nostrils flared as he stared the young blond down - his desire had not lessened, nor his determination to have him. All that had changed was his approach. The boy didn't know it yet, but he had just sealed his fate. Unwrapping this particular prize would afford him the greatest of pleasure. In fact, the Sultan in him felt electrified by Justin's choice. Now, he could take steps to satisfy himself much more leisurely than a rushed night. The boy would look back on this night and realize he had met his destiny.

 

Shit! He hadn't been thinking. This man was obviously rich, and a guest at the casino. He would be fired if a complaint was issued. That was something he couldn't afford. "Listen... I, uhhh, didn't mean any disrespect. I'm just trying to do my job, and well, you surprised me a bit."

 

"I'm sure I did." Brian analyzed him closely for a moment, quickly ascertaining that he wouldn't be able to coerce him into abandoning his shift. However, that didn't matter. All that did matter now was that the game needed to be modified. He was well skilled at doing that. Brian moved a step closer, his eyes devouring all that he could see of the beautiful boy. "You haven't said that you find me repulsive, though.

 

"Uh no, I didn't." Justin shrugged indifferently, as if the question and answer meant very little to him. He moved to discreetly put some space between the two of them. "I think you know what you look like, Sir. I'm just not interested in being another notch on your belt."

 

The boy inflamed him - and filled him with a burning desire that had to be quenched. Obviously, it wouldn't happen tonight, but Brian wasn't one to be deterred. The only thing that stopped him now was the fact they had an audience. He wasn't looking for a detaining incident on the eve of his departure. There were other ways of handling this situation. What remained to be determined was if he handled this as Brian Kinney, or would Sultan Amir Ali Nazari need to become involved? Due to the fact he would be returning home tomorrow, he realized the Sultan would be the one finishing this little coo. "Well... I am most pleased that you find me at least physically appealing."

 

Under his breath, Justin muttered, "I need to get back to work. I hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay in Las Vegas."

 

He didn't speak another word. At this point, the less said was better for him. He already had a plan in mind... it was just a matter of implementing it. Young Justin didn't realize who he was attempting to reject, and whether intended or not - who he had disrespected. He was Sultan Amir Ali Nazari - the ruler of his own land, in that land nothing was forbidden to him. Casting one more scorching glance over the retreating blond, Brian exited the room to find Ben anxiously awaiting him.

 

"Don't do this, Brian." Ben looked at the Sultan anxiously, without a doubt in mind that the American in his employer had now been cast aside, and the Sultan would be in full force for the rest of their trip. "He is full-blooded American, young, and doesn't understand our ways. Remember what you have waiting for you at home... some of the most beautiful men in the world belong to you and would do anything to please you. Don't risk an international incident over one man."

 

"A very proper speech, Ben; however, you know it's to no avail." Brian's eyes were wild when they looked at Ben's tense expression. "There's only one problem - at least, as far as I can see it. I want him. Therefore, I will have him." His voice was barely audible when he spoke the words he knew Ben least wanted to hear. "You know what I expect you to do."

 

Lowering his head, Ben nodded his understanding. "As you wish, Sultan." Ben watched as Brian approached the elevators, quickly realizing the rest of his night would be spent fulfilling the Sultan's demands. In his refusal, the young American had set a course that would change his life. He knew that Brian treated his slaves fairly; however, for some reason, he had the feeling this man would test the Sultan's patience. Without a doubt - life was about to change for all of them.

 

TBC