- Text Size +

 

Justin watched as the mini version of the Sultan was escorted into the room. He couldn't help smiling at the sight. The child's face was brimming with excitement... one that was only derived from the pleasure found when curiosity had been satisfied. He couldn't miss the resemblance between father and son.

 

Each of them was dark-skinned, but what connected them, even more, was the color and intensity of their eyes. It was like looking into reflecting pools. Although, there was one significant difference. Brian's eyes became primitively intense, whether fueled by his immense lust, or even anger, whereas his child's produced a much different feeling. They were opened wide inquisitively; much like his father - he didn't blink. For such a young age, the child was very self-assured. He wondered if that characteristic had been derived from watching his father, or if his mother was involved. The more he looked at the boy, the more he was convinced the saying ‘like father, like son' had never been more apt.

 

He couldn't help but frown as the ramifications of that last thought assailed him. He will be leaving soon. Finding out the answer to that seemed less than likely. Almost wistfully, he found himself wishing he could catch glimpses of this boy's development. Smiling warmly at the serious child, Justin extended his hand, respectfully introducing himself - "I'm Justin... and you must be the Sultan's son."

 

"Yes. I'm Gus." Proudly, he stated, "My father's only son." He looked away from the stranger he hadn't expected to find in his father's private chambers to look more closely. at his surroundings. He showed his uncertainty when he spoke again, "I- I don't get to come in here often. My momma always says not to bother Daddy when he's here... so, I stay away."

 

Ben remained stoic at the door behind them, the lines on his face strained, although, relief that the two men closest to the Sultan's heart - whether his master admitted that or not - was safely under his watchful eyes. He was far from oblivious about what his Sultan was doing at this very moment, attending to his duties was what grounded him the most now. Instantly, he had been pleased with how Justin greeted Gus. He didn't patronize his youth, in fact, he seemed intent on treating the young master with respect... and as an adult. It seemed that the Sultan wasn't the only one that had much to learn about human nature. As rebellious as Justin had started out, he was steadily seeing great moments of character in this man. He had never thought Justin fit in the role of slave. The more he saw of him - the more than belief took root. He hoped everything worked out for him... and for his Sultan.

 

"I'm sure your momma means only the best..." Justin assured the young child. "And I doubt your father would ever view a visit from you as a bother. I happen to know that he loves you very much."

 

"Are you one of my daddy's slaves?" Gus asked matter-of-factly, his eyes remaining unblinking on the man much younger than his powerful father.

 

Justin was slightly taken aback - and for more than one reason. First, and foremost, was how much at ease the boy asked the question. That in itself was further proof of how separate his culture was from Brian's. In America, such would never be an acceptable way of life - especially from a child's eyes. Finally, he was uncertain about how to answer the question. Should he admit that he was soon to be free? A wave of sadness swept through him as the unbidden thought pushed all others from his mind. He should want to leave this intolerable situation. He did want to leave it. It was what he had wanted since his arrival. Despite his physical attraction to Brian, the reality of life here was unchanging. The Sultan would never change. He couldn't spend his life sitting within the harem walls wanting to be the one chosen for the master's nightly pleasures - hateful of the man chosen when he wasn't the Sultan's ‘flavor of the day'.

 

"Uhhh, that's a complicated question, Gus. But I'll try to answer as best as I can." Justin looked at Ben briefly, confusion reflected in the guard's eyes. "I did come here as your daddy's slave; however, not the same as others in the past. And I'll be leaving here soon."

 

Ben frowned in deep confusion. Leaving here soon? That was certainly news to him, and not indicative with how the Sultan treated the latest addition to the harem. He resisted in asking if the Sultan was aware of his favorite slave's imminent departure, but decorum with Gus' presence, forestalled him. He would watch and wait to see how this all played out. Something told him, it wouldn't be as simple as young Justin believed.

 

"Leaving?" Gus queried. "B-but... why? Our island is beautiful. And why would he let you - if you are his slave?"

 

"It's complicated, Gus... and something that is between me and your father." Justin paused in his speech, his hand waving in the direction of the massive terrace and the sight of the grounds below. "I can't dispute the beauty of your father's lands. I will always remember my time here." Justin knew that statement to be true. As amazing as the thought was to him now - he knew he would cherish much of his time here. Much as he was loathed to admit it... the autocratic Sultan had gotten under his skin. Leaving here was the only chance of knowing his own mind again. If he stayed, he would be equated as just another mindless toy of the Sultan's, but more important than that - his heart would end up broken. Thankfully, he had been given the chance to change such an outcome.

 

Gus placed his hands on his hips, his lips compressing as he eyed Justin sharply, unaware of how his determination was the mirror image of his father's. "I don't believe you really want to go."

 

Justin marveled at how intuitive the six-year-old appeared to be. It was remarkable for his young age. He could keep up in an adult conversation and have mature opinions of his own. Yes, ‘father like son' continued to be more than apt. Moving to recline on the plush sofas that filled the room in an encompassing circle, Justin extended his hand to invite Gus to do the same. "Please sit with me, Gus." Waiting until Gus slowly moved closer, Justin answered him, "When you get older, you will reach the understanding that you can't always do the things you want... that sometimes another choice is better for you."

 

Scrunching up his nose, Gus took a seat next to Justin, his eyes focused on his father's friend/slave with the greatest of interest. Everything about his father was important to him. This was a part of his father's life that he wasn't involved with... and that made it worth knowing. In his child's mind, that made him more determined to find out... However, even at his young age, he knew he probably wasn't supposed to know everything in his father's world. "I don't understand why grownups have to make everything so complicated. If you want to stay - then, you should stay."

 

Shaking his head in wonder, Justin observed, "You are so adult spoken for a child of six. I can't say I've had a lot of interaction with children, but your knowledge seems extraordinary."

 

Ben moved forward, his eyes affectionate on the miniature version of his Sultan. "You are correct, Justin. The Sultan has tutors of the highest qualifications to educate his son. He is far advanced for his age... something that my master views to not only enhance his future, but aid in his protection as well."

 

"I see..." Justin murmured with a frown. "I guess that's fine - as long as Gus isn't foregoing his childhood in the process."

 

His lips compressing in stern disapproval, Ben informed him, "I'm sure the Sultan knows what is best for the care and development of his son."

 

"I meant no disrespect..." Justin rushed to say, realizing he had probably said too much - at least within the circles of this particular world. Turning his head to smile warmly at the child that was watching and listening to the adults conversing with obvious curiosity, Justin asked, "So, Gus... is there anything, in particular, you would like to do while we wait for your father's return?"

 

Gus pouted almost petulantly. "Is he going to be away for a long time?"

 

Justin looked to Ben for help with that question. He didn't have any idea on how far the journey to the prison would be, nor of how long he would be needed there. "I'm not sure, Gus. I didn't get the impression he would be gone very long."

 

A shadowed, almost hunted look came over Ben's face. Rawly, he answered, "No, his business is finished. He is on the way home now. In fact, he'll probably arrive very soon."

 

Looking up in surprise, Justin asked, "You've heard from him?"

 

Nodding, Ben answered simply, "He just alerted me through text message. It is over." Forcing himself to persevere and remember his responsibilities to his master, Ben smiled down at Gus, extending an offer he knew he couldn't refuse. "Your daddy said I could let you ride your horse - if I went with you. Would you like that?"

 

Gus abruptly stood up, his fascination with his father's friend suddenly forgotten. "Yes!" Quickly he closed the gap that separated him from Ben, his hand slipping into the one that awaited him. Looking back at Justin remaining motionless on the couch, he courteously asked, "Will you come with us, Justin? Daddy has lots of horses you can ride."

 

Justin's gaze met Ben's briefly; however, it was long enough. Gus might be permitted to leave his father's chambers, but clearly, his slave still was not. Just another strike against the domineering Sultan. "Uhhh, no, but thank you, Gus. I'll just wait for your daddy here."

 

"Okay... Well, it was nice meeting you, Justin. I hope we see each other again before you leave."

 

Smiling fondly at the young boy, he suddenly realized he felt the same. Immediately, Justin discovered yet another similarity between father and son... in their own respective ways, each of them was irresistible. "I hope so, too." As he watched them leaving the Sultan's chambers, an almost wistful smile appeared on his face. Despite any preconceived notions he may have had, he had just been enchanted by a six-year-old. As he thought of the devastatingly handsome Sultan, he decided that wasn't very surprising at all.

 


 

Brian found himself rushing in the direction of his private chambers, unsettled by his compulsion to do so. He knew Gus was out riding with Ben, therefore, his son's safety wasn't in question. At this moment, he should be seeking out Ben, and offering all the support he could give the man that was not only his most trusted employee, but also his most loyal friend. However, that wasn't the path he now took.

 

Once more, his every action led him toward his most valued slave... a man that would soon be free. His lips pressed in a tight line as he thought back to how Justin had so cunningly presented the ultimatum he had been unable to refuse. Gus' safety would always be first and foremost. He was incensed with fury as he remembered how Justin had used his desperation against him. It didn't matter to him that Justin was justified in wanting to leave his island. All he could see was what would happen at the end of those twenty-four hours... Justin would leave on a plane, and away from him. Changing Justin's mind was of the highest priority. Despite knowing any attempts would most likely be futile, he still intended to try. Recognizing that he couldn't change the circumstances of Justin's existence in his world, he knew he had only one alternative.

 

Seduction. Pure and simple. He excelled at it. In the end, he intended to have Justin begging to stay with him. If he failed in that task, he would have lost something of great value to him. What disturbed him the most was the realization it would be a loss that could never be fulfilled by another.

 

TBC