- Text Size +

 

Brian didn't even look at his guard as he reached to open the door. His entire attention was centered on a single objective, and one alone - convincing Justin to remain here with him. At this moment, not much else even remotely mattered. "Excluding an emergency with my son, I am NOT to be disturbed."

 

"Yes, Your Highness..." was the revenant reply, the guard knowing not to question his master now.

 

Closing the door behind him, Brian turned to secure the bolt. It was an unnecessary action. The guard would never admit anyone; however, tonight he wanted complete privacy from any that might attempt. Barring an incident pertaining to his son - which he didn't expect with him safely occupied with Ben... no intrusion would be allowed. Tonight was all about seducing and permanently claiming Justin.

 

The moment he stepped into the sitting room, his eyes fell upon the vision of Justin stretched out on the plush cushions, his body appearing relaxed, and in complete ease within his surroundings. It wasn't until Justin's head turned and their eyes met that he could see the hostility still burning in his volatile blond. He would need to dispel that immediately. As much as he enjoyed turning Justin's anger into relentless desire, he didn't feel that would give him what he wanted in the long run.

 

He knew that Justin was his for tonight; however, he wanted that to be the case for much longer. For some reason, his own personal happiness, not to mention his sanity, revolved around having Justin in his life. Now, it came down to being able to convince Justin of that, and doing so without revealing too much of himself. Unable to resist, Brian sauntered forward and spoke with his typical tone of arrogance, knowing that Justin would expect no less - "I see you are eagerly awaiting your master's return..."

 

Justin stood to his feet, his eyes shooting daggers at the domineering Sultan. "You're joking, right? Never in a million years would I call you that! I wouldn't even think of you in those terms!"

 

Brian's head shot back as laughter erupted. "Calm your little blond head. I was merely teasing. Whereas my other slaves view me in such a manner, I have slowly come to realize that you won't. I can't deny how much I would love hearing ‘Master' spoken in your sultry tone, but I am a realist. I know that won't happen."

 

"Well... as long as we're both on the same page..." Justin scorned, in his tone stating how impossible the almighty Sultan's hopes truly were. He eyed him curiously for a moment, at once asking, "Did everything get resolved as you'd wanted?"

 

Eyeing his hot little blond hungrily, Brian answered, "Not quite everything..."

 

Looking away in embarrassment, knowing he had walked head-first into that one, Justin amended, "I meant at the prison."

 

"Nothing was amiss. If it had been, I wouldn't have been able to return so quickly." Brian moved across the room, distancing himself from the temptation of whisking his beautiful slave into his arms, and taking him so ferociously that Justin would never forget him. In truth, he knew it wasn't about making a lasting impression... it was more about luring him into staying. Not only staying... but doing so on his terms. That, he knew to be the most difficult task of all.

 

"So... Michael did kill himself..."

 

"He did. I guess he saved me from the task of doing the job myself..." he muttered with a razor-sharp intensity.

 

Justin gasped. "You don't mean that..."

 

"Don't I?" Brian hissed. "Michael disrupted the tranquility of my household... not to mention his betrayal of a man who had been willing to give him the world. No... I have no forgiveness in me regarding his crimes."

 

"I don't believe you ever intended to kill him. In fact, I think you would have saved him." Meeting the glaring Sultan head-on, Justin further acknowledged, "You see, I know you aren't as hard-hearted as you try to appear. That is apparent in how much you adore your child... and your regard for Ben. In fact, I think you are protective of everyone even remotely close to you."

 

Stepping closer, Brian growled, "Is that a fact? You are very presumptive for knowing me for such a short amount of time."

 

Justin shrugged his shoulders. "It's not hard to see when the evidence is so visible to the eye. I don't see why it matters that you show emotion - now and again."

 

A muscle jerked in Brian's cheek as he surveyed the outspoken and entirely too appealing blond. Fuck, he wanted him. Not just for right now... but to keep. He had known it from the moment he found him in Las Vegas, although he hadn't realized the significance and intensity of that want at the time. Letting him go was the most abhorrent of endings. Changing that outcome was what this night was about. He had to let go of the unpleasantness of Michael, and focus on that. "I don't want to discuss that now. All that I will say on that matter is that much responsibility comes with being Sultan, my decorum a part of that. It's not good to display too much empathy to the outside world."

 

"I understand that, Brian, but it might be nice if you let those within your inner circle see the softer side of you - once in a while." Justin found his own words to be unlikely at best. Brian, as the Sultan, was so set in his ways. A change was the only way he could find himself adapting to this world. Sadly, he knew it was a change Brian wouldn't be willing to embrace. Leaving was the last thing he wanted to do; yet, under present circumstances - it would be his only option.

 

"Softness is something that should never be attributed to a leader. I might find myself able to bend in some ways, but that would be too much of a stretch." Reaching his hand up, he lightly trailed his fingers along Justin's cheek. "Now... I think it's time we get started. If this is to be your last night in my bed, I plan to make the most of it."

 

Justin shivered at the slight touch. His responses and his feelings were so complicated for this man. He should hate him; in fact, he had thought he did at one point. However, that was anything but true. His heart ached when he thought of leaving him. But that wasn't even a choice with his current living arrangement in mind. He could not stay as one of the Sultan's many slaves. He wouldn't agonize each time Brian chose another man for his pleasure. His heart couldn't stand it. "I don't belong here, Brian. And I think you know that. If this is to be my last night here, I want it to be a lasting memory for both of us."

 

Detecting a slight hesitancy in Justin's voice, Brian dropped his hand, knowing he couldn't touch the captivating boy if he wanted to focus on what Justin was saying, and not react to the burning lust that was driving him. Despite knowing he could easily seduce Justin or any other man, he knew that wasn't the path needed to keep his blond with him. Justin was intensely emotional. He had to be grounded here by more than physical attraction. They already had that. Now, he had to find out exactly what would make Justin happy - at least enough for him to prolong his departure. More time was what he desperately needed now. Forcing his libido to the back of his mind - for the moment - Brian grasped his hand and pulled him to the plush sofa cushions. "Sit with me. We'll talk about what you want... and what you don't want."

 

His eyes widening with profound suspicion, Justin asked, "You want to talk... now? Or is it that you just don't want me that much anymore?"

 

"Not want you that much anymore? Are you out of your fucking mind?" Brian growled, releasing Justin's hand to take a seat far away from the tempting boy. "My passions run hot and wild. It's in my blood, and I can't change that. But with you, I am in a constant state of need. That started back in Las Vegas, and it hasn't changed. I am trying to pace myself here, and come to an understanding as to what you need from me."

 

Justin bit at his lower lip, oblivious to how Brian hungrily watched the nervous motion. "What I want really means that much to you? I thought I was just another one of your slaves..."

 

Brian snorted, unable to look away from the beautiful man that affected him in ways he would never understand. "You've never been just that... no matter what I might have implied. You have always been different. As the days pass, I continue to understand that even more."

 

Turning to fully face the gorgeous, and mesmerizing Sultan, Justin asked, "What are you telling me?"

 

"I don't want you to leave, Justin." Brian couldn't believe the concessions he was making for this one man. The part of him that was so set in his way of life was appalled by his decision, yet, the man that craved this blond so desperately urged him to do whatever was necessary to keep him in his life. He wasn't sure he could find a common ground that each of them could live with, but he had to try. "Tell me what has to happen to make you want to stay... "

 

Brian watched his beautiful boy anxiously. For the first time in his life, he was worried about losing a man. In the past, they had all been replaceable. That wasn't the case with Justin Taylor. He would listen to what Justin wanted, and do everything in his power to find a compromise. It astounded him how much he had inwardly changed since Justin's arrival in his life. If Justin elected to stay with him, he had the unshakable feeling this could just be the beginning of such changes.

 

TBC