- Text Size +

 

Brian left his son with his chest feeling a bit lighter than it had on his arrival. There was something magical about children. He wouldn't change that quality for anything. Sadly, life always made those changes, but hopefully, that wouldn't affect Gus for some time yet. He hadn't forgotten about his problems with one rebellious blond, but he had been distracted by the animation of his son. It was exactly what he had needed to get his temper, not to mention his patience back under control. Now, he just had to hope Justin didn't make him lose both of those again.

 

He should hurry to return to his private quarters... Yet, strangely he was not. It wasn't that he didn't want to be with Justin... only the opposite held true. He was more dreading the outcome once the night ended and what tomorrow would bring. He didn't want Justin to leave; in fact, just the thought of the blond's departure twisted his insides in knots, unlike anything he had ever known. That feeling was alien to him... and at this moment - one he didn't like at all.

 

"Sire?" a familiar voice called out. "Do you have a moment?"

 

Turning to face his friend and security advisor, Brian answered, "Of course, Benjamin. What can I do for you?"

 

"I wanted you to know that the medical expert arrived earlier than expected. I took the liberty of having him interview each member of your harem. He has now moved on to the rest of the household staff." Ben's expression was haggard as he relayed the news. The pain of Michael's betrayal and his subsequent death still had his stomach churning. It was a gnawing ache he knew wouldn't go away quickly, but his duty still remained. And it was all he had to keep him going right now.

 

Motioning him forward with a sweep of his hand, Brian told him, "Let's sit in the gazebo."

 

Ben followed his Sultan, his head slightly hanging, at the moment, completely disinterested in the beauty of the land he loved. Taking a seat across from the Sultan, Ben candidly admitted, "I am surprised to find you out here, Sire. I had thought you would be occupied with either your son or one of your slaves."

 

"One of them?" Brian quipped, having progressed far beyond attempting to deny his tastes had vastly narrowed in recent days. Idly, he looked around, slightly surprised he hadn't encountered the greatest object of his desire wandering in his gardens. "I will be joining Justin soon."

 

"As I expected..." Ben replied with a slight smile. "I had heard you had given him the freedom to walk the grounds. I'm sure that must have endeared you to him."

 

A rare snort resounded from him. How he wished such gestures would mean so much to his hot-headed little blond. "It appears that he didn't avail himself of that privilege... so, I guess it wasn't that meaningful."

 

Ben sighed. He knew he was once again about to overstep his bounds, but in the case of the Sultan - a great man that he loved and respected, he found himself unable to do anything else. "Sultan, please keep in mind two very important factors - Justin's youth, and his different way of life. He isn't familiar with our ways. Even in such a short amount of time, I've noticed such change in him. You just need to give him more time."

 

"Time..." Brian muttered hollowly. "That's one thing I don't have." He met Ben's confused gaze. "You must not have heard the news. Justin is returning to America tomorrow."

 

"W-what?" Ben asked, feeling completely flabbergasted. "Why? What happened? I know it's not a matter of you getting tired of him."

 

Brian grunted. "As if that's even remotely possible." He rested his head back against the tall, cushioned wicker chair, his eyes closing briefly. "I made a promise; I can't renege on it. Unless he changes his mind - which he won't - and since I can't meet his terms, he leaves here in the morning."

 

"I-I just can't believe it, Sire. I just never thought you would ever let him go." Ben couldn't help but notice the look of pain on the Sultan's face. Then, something occurred to him, whether it had to his master or not. He was in love with Justin. The Sultan of old would have been with him at this very moment, taking every last ounce of pleasure from his slave. To him, it almost seemed as if the Sultan was avoiding Justin. He could understand that. Tonight would be bittersweet for the possessive Sultan. He would claim what he most desired, only to have it slip from his grasp in the morning.

 

Looking away from Ben's searching gaze, Brian turned his head to look off into the distance, his words cutting as he spoke, "It isn't what I want. I guess it's a lesson that even I don't always get what I want..."

 

"Well... perhaps you could if you negotiated with Justin. What does he want in order to stay?" Ben asked, almost certain it was something the Sultan found too much to give. If not, he wouldn't be in such a distraught state now.

 

Standing from his seat, unsure of how much longer he could discuss this subject, and not storm into his private suite of rooms and show Justin the primitive in him that he had never fully displayed to the young blond, he hissed in a low voice, "Exclusivity. Something I cannot give him."

 

Ben smiled. How clever of Justin. He wouldn't be surprised to find Justin yearning just as deeply for his desert lover. "He wants you to give up the harem. Well... understandable. At least, from his point of view."

 

"Understandable?" Brian exploded. "How dare you even suggest that! He wants me to change my entire way of life - just to pacify him. I offer him a life of luxury - a life that few men ever enjoy, and yet, he answers with unacceptable demands."

 

Nodding his head, knowing he had just reached the point where he needed to back down, or get his face ripped off by the Sultan's volatile temper, Ben simply answered, "I guess that's your answer, then. You have to let him go."

 

"Enough about that..." Brian growled, aware that the longer they spoke of this, the worse his temper would be when he faced Justin. He didn't want that for Justin's last night in his arms. Even though he realized this would be goodbye tonight, he also wanted a lingering memory left with his beautiful blond. Letting him go tomorrow was one thing, but having it be forever was another thing entirely. The now might not be right for them; however, the future could have another ending. That was what he had to hold onto now. "Tell me about the doctor before I go. What were his findings?"

 

Shaking his head, as he marveled at the ease his master could change directions, he cleared his throat before succinctly answering, "All seems to be well, Sire. Michael had hypnotized every man in your harem - excluding Justin. I would say that was due to a lack of opportunity. Lindsay has been cleared. He is examining the rest of the household staff now."

 

"Very good. What is the process of reversing the hypnosis?" he asked, more than anything wanting these men to be returned to their rightful minds. In his own way, he cared about each of them. They didn't deserve what Michael had inflicted on them.

 

"The doctor said the hypnosis wasn't particularly thorough. He reversed it in each of them quickly."

 

"Wonderful." Brian felt a great source of relief at that bit of news. The nightmare of Michael was truly behind them now. He looked at Ben thoughtfully for a moment, immediately remembering that wasn't the case for all of them. "My apologies, Benjamin. This loss is still so fresh with you. We shouldn't be speaking so much of it so soon."

 

Ben shook his head. "Please don't trouble yourself about that, Your Highness. I'm best when I'm doing my duties. In time, I will be fine."

 

"I don't doubt it for a moment." Brian looked directly into Ben's eyes, in a look showing his concern and regard for him. "You are not a mere servant to me; in fact, you are more of a part of the family. That being said, I just want you to think about yourself from time to time, and not always about what you think I want."

 

Bowing his head, his admiration for his fearless leader never stronger, Ben's voice cracked when he spoke, "I'll remember, Sire... and thank you."

 

Brian patted him on the shoulder, in his own way, stating this sentimental discussion was over. "I'm heading to my chambers for the evening now. Was there anything else you needed to report?"

 

"No. I just wanted you to know about the doctor's progress." As the Sultan began to move away, he remembered, almost in an afterthought. "Oh, Brandon wished to speak privately with you in the morning."

 

That didn't surprise him. He could only imagine the guilt and embarrassment Brandon felt now that he was back in his normal frame of mind. Brandon was the only reason his harem ran so smoothly. Special attention would definitely be needed there. "Tell Brandon I will summon him in the morning. Goodnight, Benjamin."

 

Ben watched as his Sultan made his way back to the house, not a doubt in his mind where and how he would be spending the rest of his night. He frowned as he noticed the unhurried, almost lagging steps. His master was suffering greatly, only he was too proud and stubborn to succumb to Justin's demands. To a degree, he agreed that Justin asked for too much, although they both had valid reasons for their positions. He only wished there was something he could do to lighten his Sultan's heart. Intuitively he realized only one man could do that.

 


 

Justin lay staring up at the ceiling, naked except for the sheets that covered him. His readiness for Brian could be explained in numerous ways; however, the one that most spoke to him was the simple fact that he wanted to feel the primitive Sultan's passion one last time. His bottom lip quivered as he thought about that, and what tomorrow would bring. He didn't want to leave either the man or the beautiful land he possessed. In truth, he loved them both. But this life wasn't for him. It never would be. At least, not under these circumstances. And sadly, he knew those circumstances would remain unchanging.

 

Where was Brian anyway? This wasn't what he had expected when Brian had initially informed him he would be at him all night, and up until the very moment of his departure. Time was ticking away, and still, he remained untouched on this night. What if Brian totally abandoned him tonight? Could he be that pissed after their heated talk earlier? He couldn't imagine Brian sending him away without them being together one more time. His chest ached just thinking of such an ending.

 

Oblivious to the outer door opening and closing, and footsteps nearing the bedroom, Justin was unaware of the beautiful, and sensuous pose he presented as one leg was bent and completely exposed, his chest now bare to the waist, and his lips parted as his face displayed a thoughtful, almost yearning expression.

 

"So fucking hot..." Brian rasped, his hands quickly shedding the robes that felt more like impenetrable chains, his clothes beneath carelessly being ripped from his body. "Such a pleasant surprise to find you not only in my bed... but ready for me as well."

 

Justin's eyes ate the gorgeous darker-skinned man alive. He was so heartbreakingly beautiful. He almost couldn't stand it. No man would ever compare to this one. Right now, he couldn't envision another man in Brian's place... but should he ever allow another man to touch him, he knew the experience would pale in comparison. In fact, just the thought of such an encounter left the most unpleasant of tastes in his mouth. Huskily, he answered the man that slowly approached in all of his naked glory, "Well... I think tonight is all about pleasing you."

 

A muscle jerked in Brian's jaw. He stopped himself from some bitter clarification. No, it wasn't about simply pleasing him. If that were the case - this hauntingly beautiful blond wouldn't be leaving him in the morning. Without any warning, his hand reached out and pulled the sheet completely from the bed. A deep growl emitting from his throat. "You won't need that tonight."

 

Crawling up over the man that he knew he cared far too much about, Brian smashed his lips across Justin's, moans resounding from both men as their mouths met and equally explored the other. No part of this man would remain untouched tonight by his hands, mouth, or his body. His tongue rediscovering the inner heat of the most delicious mouth he had ever tasted, Brian showed in a kiss exactly what he intended to do to him tonight. "For this last night, you are still mine... and mine alone. By morning, you will more fully understand what that means."

 

Justin's moans turned into pants as Brian's tongue slid down his neck. One thought overwhelmed him. He didn't need a night to understand that. Belonging to Brian wasn't the problem. It was in knowing others did as well. For tonight, he would dream that he was the only man the irresistible Sultan possessed. His heart hoped that someday it would be true, while his mind called him a fool.

 

Brian's teeth tugged on all the skin his mouth worshiped; he recognized he was branding the blond... even if more mentally than physically. Justin would always remember this night. In time, he would come back to him. No other man would ever make him feel as alive and desired as he did. Justin would come back to him... and on his terms.

 

If not, he was still Sultan Amir Ali Nazari. He always found a way to win.

 

TBC