- Text Size +

 

Brian was stunned as he looked at Brandon from across his desk. Out of all his slaves, the request that he made being the last one he would have ever expected from him. "Brandon? What is the meaning of this? I thought you were in your right mind now??"

 

"I am, Master. That's really why I made such a request." Brandon hung his head low, his shame almost unbearable now that he was fully aware of his inexcusable actions. "I betrayed the one person that was most important to me. It doesn't matter that I was under hypnosis. I've been led to believe that someone under such a spell... especially when administered by one that wasn't any stronger than myself, wouldn't be effective if it hadn't been something I wanted."

 

"Let me get this straight... you have yourself believing that you want to betray my trust!?" Brian incredulously asked. "That's some fucked up shit, Brandon. I know that Michael's manipulations did quite a number on you, but before that point, your loyalty was never in question. Tell me the real reason you ask for your release."

 

Brandon looked up, as always finding himself immediately overwhelmed by the intensity in the Sultan's eyes. It wouldn't matter where he went, or what he did... there would never be another man like his Sultan. "My desire for Justin didn't die when the spell was reversed. In fact, to be honest, my desire existed before Michael hypnotized me."

 

Brian's lips pressed as he listened to Brandon's voice speaking of his desire for Justin, inwardly feeling as if a knife was cutting into his very guts. He now knew without a doubt how jealousy felt. Before Justin, his experience with that destructive and highly inconvenient emotion was incredibly limited. He didn't like it at all. Now, on the morning of Justin's departure, he couldn't help wondering if his days... and nights especially, would be spent with him feeling the torment of that wretched feeling... not knowing what Justin was doing, but more importantly - who he was doing it with.

 

Watching his Sultan's telling expression, Brandon nodded grimly. "Yes, I see your anger, Master. I deserve it. And more of a reason why I should leave this island. My presence will only cause problems within the harem... and I care too much for you, and the others to do that."

 

"Brandon... it's no secret that my passions often are primitive, and uncontrollable." Brian took in a deep breath, realizing he was about to admit something that he had barely begun to process himself. However, he no longer felt the need to mask his feelings... or his more specific desires. As obvious as he had become, attempting to do so was only a mockery to himself. "I think it's clear that I view Justin in a different way than I do the others - yourself included."

 

Nodding, Brandon agreed, "Yes, Master. I noticed that from the moment you introduced Justin to the harem. Justin was hated for that. In the beginning, that was probably why I extended my attention and friendship to him. I worried about the others being cruel to him."

 

Yes, Brian could see how that could happen... and it was all his fault. His fervent desire for Justin had been blatantly apparent... even then. In fact, perhaps it had even been worse then. His lust had raged so intensely due to the fact of his physically painful frustration... and at that time, such minimal progress was being made. He had never wanted a man so badly. Looking back, he now found himself feeling the fool in not seeing how different Justin truly had been. A deep sadness immediately overtook him. He was about to lose Justin forever. The pain that afflicted him at that knowledge was nearly unbearable. "I may be your Sultan... however, I am human as well. I do make mistakes."

 

Grinning impishly, Brandon told his master, "I would have never suggested such a thing. Although, I am glad to know that you are a mere human just like the rest of his mortals."

 

"Smartass..." Brian growled, his eyes narrowing sharply on the man who had been with him the longest... and the one that he had always thought would be the last to leave. "Are you sure this is what you want? As you know, I always give my slaves the gift of free will."

 

"I know that, Master... and I never thought to come to you with this request. I- I just think it's time for me to move on." Brandon frowned in thought for a long moment. "I don't even know where to go, or how I'll live my life; I just feel it's time for me to get out on my own again."

 

Standing to his feet, Brian moved around the desk, his robes rustling as he held his hand out, asking his slave to rise. "Then you shall. I will assist you in your journey... Whether you wish to travel by plane or by ship, I will see to your passage wherever you wish to go. In addition, I will make certain you have the funds to have an easy start. Your only decision will be when and where."

 

"Master..." Brandon whispered, his eyes wide and disbelieving. "I can't accept such a gift. You have given me everything... and now I am abandoning you. I don't deserve it after being so weak and untrustworthy."

 

"Nonsense..." Brian told him, his hand squeezing the one he held within his own. "You have displayed a great deal of courage in coming to me with this request... most especially while speaking of your desire for Justin. Over these past years, you have given me a great deal of pleasure. That is something I'll always remember. I believe that you deserve only the best, Brandon. And that is what you will have."

 

"Thank you, Master. I- I have no words to properly convey my gratitude..."

 

Brian placed his hands on each side of Brandon's face. He leaned forward, kissing him softly and briefly. "You've already thanked me. Nothing more needs to be said on the matter. Stay as long as you wish while you decide where you want to go. I will see that the others are informed. Until your departure, I will have a room assigned to you in the main wing of my palace."

 

"But Master... shouldn't I remain in the harem, and oversee things as I always have??" Brandon asked, confused that his duty would so quickly be eliminated.

 

"No, Brandon. Your service to me has ended. That being so... you no longer need to call me Master. From this moment on, you are an honored guest in my home." His eyes straying to the clock on the wall that seemed to ominously tick just to torment him, Brian told him, "Now... if there isn't anything else, I have other matters that require my attention."

 

About to issue his profound gratitude once more, Brandon stilled his tongue as he watched the Sultan brushing past him, and toward his office door... his back tense, and dark circles under his eyes. Such a look wasn't normal for his former master. On his arrival, he hadn't noticed the fatigue that lined his beautiful Sultan's face. In an instant, he knew the cause of the Sultan's distress. Rumors had been circulating that Justin would be returning to America today. It was just as obvious that it wasn't what the Sultan wanted. He knew the Sultan wouldn't want pity or a prolonged discussion about what pained him, but he had to let him know that he was there for him and that he did care.

 

"Sultan... I hope he changes his mind. I- I truly do..."

 

Brian turned to face his former slave, a nod of understanding following. A lump settled in his throat... one that was unbidden and just as impossible to sever. "I hope so too, Brandon." As he stepped from his office, leaving Brandon to follow slowly behind, Brian silently spoke the words in his mind. More than anything he hoped Justin would stay. In fact, there was nothing in the entire world that he wanted more.

 


 

Justin knew the time was getting close at hand... his chest constricted as he faced the fact that Brian wasn't going to seek him out - not even to issue a final goodbye. Had he been so wrong about Brian wanting him to stay? Could it be that the Sultan found him so easily replaced? He swallowed thickly as he stared blindly out into the garden. A single tear slid down his face, clinging to his cheek before falling soundlessly to the ground.

 

His heart aching, Justin brokenly whispered, "So... this is how it ends."

 

Brian slowly came up behind his beautiful, tempestuous, and in his eyes perfect blond, clenching his hands into fists as he resisted the compulsion to place his hands on him, and pull him against his chest. At this precise moment, he doubted he could let him go. Touching him now could evoke him into going all sorts of barbaric... and never allowing him to leave his sights again. Huskily, he answered, "Only if that's what you want."

 

Justin whirled around, his eyes drinking in the sight of the gorgeous, yet primitive ruler. "B-Brian... I didn't think I was going to see you before I left. Did Ben give you my message?"

 

Nodding, Brian rolled his lips under, his eyes openly devouring the blond beauty. "He did. For some reason, he thought a candid talk might be productive."

 

Biting at his bottom lip uncertainly, Justin asked, "Is that all he told you?"

 

"For the most part, yes. We spoke only briefly. My meeting with Brandon took longer than expected..."

 

Justin's face paled at the mention of Brian's slave - the man he had heard referred to as the ‘favorite' of the Sultan; at least, until he had come along. "I see. I-I'm sorry if I interrupted anything. That wasn't my intention."

 

"You didn't..." Brian curtly answered, his patience for what he equated as small talk quickly evaporating. Moving closer, uncaring if his proximity affected the blond's equilibrium, Brian determined to use any weapon available to keep Justin here with him. A thought quickly came to his mind. He had already said his goodbye to Lindsay. As he stood here, she was already preparing to leave for the airport. They wouldn't be alone for long before Ben would come to escort Justin. He hoped that Lindsay made that trip alone. "Now... tell me why you wanted to see me this morning."

 

Justin looked at the Sultan with accusing eyes. "Were you seriously going to let me leave with only our goodbye from last night?"

 

A muscle jerked in Brian's jaw. His very expression was stern and unrelenting. At once, Brian took a step back, realizing moving in closer to the beguiling blond was the worst possible thing he could do. Touching him would totally unmask everything he felt for the man. He couldn't take that risk unless he became convinced it would be rewarded. He had finally accepted that he felt things for him that he had never felt for another man. To reveal that and have his feelings rejected would be devastating. His voice non-committal, yet brusque, Brian said, "That seemed to have been the plan..."

 

Beginning to shift nervously on his feet, Justin worried that he had made a mistake in requesting this meeting. Perhaps the bittersweet night they had shared should have been the end. "D-does that mean you are no longer so invested in the idea of keeping me here?"

 

"Not invested?" Brian rasped, his eyes moving over the blond in complete disbelief. "Have you totally gone out of your little blond head!?"

 

His back stiffening indignantly, Justin demanded, "What do you mean?"

 

"Have you forgotten how last night ended!?" Brian asked incredulously. "Don't you get why I didn't spend the night with you? I think I was more than clear when I stated it was too much to endure..."

 

Justin swallowed, unshed tears swimming in his eyes. "Do you care that much?"

 

"Fuck! Are you really that dense, or are you just trying to get me to divulge my feelings? Something that I typically never do..." Brian ran a hand through his hair in exasperation... knowing this man had the capability of driving him mad.

 

His lip trembling, Justin brokenly answered, "I- I'm not trying to torment you, Brian. I- I just need to know that I'm not one of the others. I can't stay here and worry that you will shun me one night just because one of your other slaves is who you most desire."

 

Brian snorted. "I haven't touched any of them since you arrived... to the exclusion of the night Brandon was with us, and that was done merely to seduce you. I have no desire for any of them... and that is what is the most fucked up! I have assembled some of the hottest men to be found in various cultures around the world... and yet, the only one I want is an argumentative blond-headed boy."

 

Justin smiled tremulously. "You truly don't desire them... not at all?"

 

"No. I. Don't..." Brian growled, emphatically stating each word. Brian moved closer once more, seeing enough in Justin's expression to realize his blond just needed the incentive to stay. If he had to humble himself and declare his desire for him - and him alone, it would be well worth it. He reached his hands up, and gently clasped Justin's arms, his eyes firmly locking on hesitant blue orbs. "I'm not saying I like it, but this is how it is. Being like this is a complete life alteration for me... and yet, I don't want to change it, either. I want you, Justin Taylor. Thoughts of you are in my head - morning, noon, and night. This far supersedes any common form of desire."

 

Feeling as if his legs would falter beneath him, easily reading between the lines, Justin asked the question that would hold more significance to him than anything else ever could. "Do you love me, Brian? Is that what you're trying to say... without actually putting it into words?"

 

A soft smile touched Brian's lips. The audacious little blond read him so well. Of course, that was what he was saying. Those words didn't come easy for him, but he would say them if it meant Justin would cancel his plans and stay with him. Right now, he couldn't imagine any words being too high of a price to pay if it resulted in that grand prize.

 

"Yes, Justin. That's exactly what I'm saying. Now, a question remains... Do you feel the same about me? And are your feelings strong enough that you would change your plans of leaving, and remain here with me? I'll be clear on another thing. You would no longer be the Sultan's slave... and most valued possession. Now, you would be the Sultan's lover." Brian ran his hands up and down Justin's arms, his eyes hopeful that Justin would say yes... and that they could seal the deal with the proverbial kiss. "Is that more to your liking, Justin? Will you stay and become the much-adored lover of the Sultan?"

 

Justin smiled dreamily. They had a few things to work out yet, but this was definitely heading in the right direction. "What about the harem?"

 

"Soon, that harem that you abhor will be empty of all inhabitants. Brandon has asked for his release; I have given him that. As for the others, I will be meeting with them soon to do the same. So... that being said, I will ask you one last time. Do you want to stay here with me?"

 

TBC