- Text Size +

 

Brian raised his face to the bright sky, the heat of the daytime sun fully enveloping him. He took a deep breath and slowly released it, relishing the feel and air of his beloved island. He looked at Ben as they moved in the direction of his car, a smile of contentment on his face. "It's good to be home."

 

"That it is, Sire." Ben couldn't agree more, although realizing the Sultan had numerous reasons to be glad to return. There wasn't any doubt that Justin's arrival added great pleasure to his return, but he knew there was much more. Nothing was ever simple with his Sultan. His love of his land was immense. He governed and protected his people to the best of his ability and beyond. Ben never questioned Brian's commitment to being Sultan, nor of his desire to do right by his people. He consistently did that every day.

 

Even in the harem, he treated his slaves with respect. The term 'slave' was never really spoken of much. All of those men were there because they chose to be, in all likelihood, Brian would release them if he was asked. Justin would be set apart in that regard. Whether Justin had agreed to their little wager at the last moment, or not, the circumstances of his arrival here was more unique than with any other man. He had the feeling that was only the beginning of how Justin's time here would differ from the other harem slaves.

 

The other bright side of Brian's homecoming would be his reunion with his young son. The Sultan took on an entirely different persona when Gus was in his presence. He clearly doted on him, and yet, he obviously didn't spoil him, either. On several occasions, he had watched Gus trying to coerce his powerful father into doing things his way - in those instances, the wrong thing to do, and he had been surprised at how stern, yet patient Brian was with him. The Sultan wanted only the best for his son. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that was what Gus would have - regardless if he ended up following in his father's steps or not.

 

Looking behind them to see the odious Michael lagging far behind, Brian began to swear in Arabic tones. That was pointless at best. Michael didn't understand a word of it; Ben was his only hope for translation. He doubted that Ben would interpret in this case. When he observed the angry color tinting Michael's face, he was certain the brainless man had recognized he had been ridiculed in the most unkind of ways. Turning to face Ben's suddenly tense expression, he clipped out impatiently, "Speed your little toy along. I am working on a deadline here!"

 

His eyes moving around, quickly observing that the other guards were out of earshot if he kept his voice low, Ben angrily whispered, "How does a deadline exist when you have exact information on your soon-to-be captive's whereabouts!?"

 

Michael's eyes widened in sudden interest. Captive? This could be interesting. He picked up his pace, certain he didn't want to miss any of this discussion. He had only been close enough to hear now after quickly catching up with the Sultan and Ben. Following the venomous glare Brian cast on him, there wasn't a doubt of this not being the time to push him. Now, his rush made more sense. He would listen closely and learn. Perhaps this was something that would be extremely useful for him.

 

"Benjamin..." Brian hissed beneath his breath. "I have already warned you; I don't plan on making a habit of this! Justin is my possession - my concern alone. Stay the hell out of it!"

 

His lips twisting as he silently listened, Michael committed the name of Justin to memory. That explained the Sultan's odd behavior before the return trip home. He had found an American he wished to add to his harem. Michael couldn't help but hope that this Justin was rebellious and fought his captivity at every turn. Anything that irritated the Sultan, and more than that - filled him with anxiety, was favorable in his eyes. He would definitely need to seek this man out. For one, he needed to see what it was about him to inspire the almighty Sultan to such extremes, but more importantly, he needed to see how he could use this new development to his advantage. He had waited so long to find the means to inflict discord in Brian's home, not to mention torture the Sultan himself. Finally, he might have the answer. He couldn't wait to find out.

 

"My apologies, yet again, My Sultan." Ben took in a deep breath, knowing despite his anger, or protective instincts toward Michael, the Sultan still commanded and deserved his respect. Continuing to step out of line with him was unacceptable. Somehow, he needed to put all of these strange events in perspective, and stop them from recurring. As they reached the car, Ben frowned when he saw the horse not far away. "I assumed you would just arrive to capture him. Something has changed?"

 

"I have decided I would prefer a more fair hunt... if we can refer to it as that. I informed my guards not to disclose his current location to me, although they did give me the direction he traveled. That was hours ago, though. I don't want my new slave to feel completely overtaken and defenseless." Brian motioned them to the car. After his driver rose to his feet after the customary greeting, Brian delivered his orders. Turning back to face Ben, he told him, "I shouldn't be very long. In the meantime, keep my son entertained."

 

"Uhhh, Sire... I don't like this. I really should come with you. Anything can happen out here..." Ben protested, his priority always first and foremost - seeing to the protection of his Sultan.

 

"For God's sake, Ben. Your Sultan can take care of himself!" Michael muttered, his exasperation quickly turning into surprise when he encountered the ice in his lover's gaze.

 

Brian looked between the two of them, knowing his intervention wouldn't be needed this time. Without a doubt, Ben would soon put Michael in his place. In his mind, this was perfect. He didn't need to waste his time devising a way to make Ben see the truth about his undeserving lover; Michael's actions would do that in time. Seeing with his own eyes would give Ben the best form of closure. He just needed to be patient. "I am leaving on my journey; I will see you this evening."

 

Ben lowered his head in the form of a bow and watched as Brian moved to his great stallion, taking particular notice of the Sultan checking his provisions before observing him mount. As soon as Brian gave the nod to the rest of his riding party, Ben turned to confront his lover. "If you ever do something like that again, Michael, it will be the last time! You disrespect me, the Sultan, and most of all - yourself with such behavior!"

 

"What are you talking about?" Michael demanded. "You hover over him like he's some kind of vulnerable little princess. He is a powerful, and strong man. Your precious Sultan can take care of himself!!"

 

"You just don't get it, Michael. I don't know how to make you understand!" Ben looked around, barely managing to keep his voice to a level that the driver wouldn't hear his distress. Thankfully, he was speaking in Michael's given language. The Sultan had all of his household staff learning the English language, however, some of them struggled with the process. "My job is to protect my Sultan; that is my priority - day and night! There is no deviation from that! Things need to change here, Michael... and soon. I love you, but I can't allow you to jeopardize the work I perform here or the land and leader that I have sworn to serve. Should this talk become necessary again - it will be the end. Now, please get in the car. We need to return home."

 

Michael was speechless as he slid into the car next to Ben; his heart filled with an unrepentant rage. He would be silent for now. Much could be learned if he was patient. That was exactly what he would be. In the end, he would have his revenge on the exalted Sultan... and perhaps, Ben would have opened his eyes as well. He could see no reason why he couldn't have both. Michael knew he wouldn't give up until he had two things - Ben away from his precious Sultan, and Brian agonizing in his own failure. It might not be easy, or quick, but he would bide his time until it happened. Nothing was more important than that.

 


 

Justin smiled victoriously as he watched the young child ride away on the horse that was designed to lead the arrogant Sultan to him. He knew it was a risk, but he also knew it could be an advantage. The Sultan wouldn't expect him to cast the horse aside and manage the rest of the way on foot. He had managed his provisions well, wisely keeping in mind the harshness of the sun. He took small sips of water at timed intervals, never wasting a drop of the precious life-sustaining liquid. He would love to pour a large portion over his head, much as he had seen in movies, but this was reality. As good as it would feel - that would not aid in his survival.

 

Survival. It was more involved than that. He didn't doubt he could survive out here... at least for the agreed-upon time. Beating the aggravating, yet beautiful Sultan was most important of all. He was determined to do that. In doing so, he would return home richer, and self-satisfied in winning this game. He pulled out the timepiece that was provided to him. Before landing, he had been given a brief tutorial on the layout of the land and the items in his travel pack. He hoped he had understood how to read the time; in particular, how to differentiate between the correct time here in Al Duran, and hope he had calculated the passing hours accurately. If he was correct, he had under an hour to go. As he wandered about on foot, looking for something to adequately seclude him, he held onto the hope that he could last one more hour... knowing that the final minutes in this last hour, the hunter would be even more determined to seize him.

 

His back stiffening, as resolve quickened in him, Justin decided it wouldn't matter if Brian, aka The Sultan, won this wager. He would never be a model or docile captive. His presence in both his home and his harem would be chaotic. He would definitely see to that. In fact, he could be a disruptive force - when he chose to be. There wasn't a doubt that was what he would aspire to be - that was - if he was found within the hour. He hadn't given up hope on being the winner - at least, not quite yet.

 

However, something else nagged relentlessly at him... and not for the first time. He didn't really know this Brian Kinney... the Sultan of Al Duran. How did he know that the Sultan that was accustomed to winning, would actually allow him to leave if he won? He had thought he had glimpsed honor in Brian's eyes, but with the lust constantly emanating from the Sultan, it was so hard to decipher. For so many reasons, taking this wager hadn't been the wisest of decisions, although he knew he would make the same one again. His life had been over in Las Vegas. The cost of living was astronomical there... and his job was going nowhere. His options had been better initially. However, once his boss had realized he wasn't about to 'play the game' with the more adventurous of guests, his hours had been cut. Already, he had been living paycheck to paycheck, and with no end in sight. That was - until now. Regardless of the outcome here in Al Duran, that part of his life appeared to be over.

 

Sluggishly, Justin moved in between trees, doing so to attempt to stay hidden and to fight off the treacherous sun. He wasn't totally unprotected, though. It had been to his amusement when he had found sunblock in his provisions. He didn't delude himself that it was solely given for his comfort. Sultan or American, the man that now chased him didn't show any signs of being altruistic. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that the protective lotion had been provided primarily to protect the skin of what the arrogant Sultan clearly viewed to be his. Of course, he would want him to arrive unblemished before him.

 

Unable to hear anything but the slight breeze that occasionally stirred the branches, Justin became instantly alert when he began to hear hooves approaching from behind him. He moved behind the nearest tree that could effectively hide him, his eyes straining against the harsh sunlight to see who approached, along with how many. His lips compressed into a grim line when he answered his own question. There were three riders in all; the powerful Sultan sat atop the tallest horse, his eyes scanning the perimeter - almost ripping the land apart as he searched for the man that seemed to be inevitably trapped.

 

Brian's eyes were full of fire, as they savaged the terrain. His resourceful boy was near... he could feel him. Any other man he would have found hours ago, the risk that he had taken in hunting him more fairly had his temper on a short tether. Justin's mistake had been in giving his horse away. His riding party had noticed it from a distance, riding in their direction. To his surprise, his hot little blond hadn't been seated on it. He had instructed the boy a sizable reward would be awaiting him if he returned the horse to his stable unharmed. He didn't doubt that would be carried out. And if the boy hadn't thought of that himself, without a doubt, the boy's father would have once he returned home.

 

He motioned for his loyal servants to halt their progress; Justin was behind one of these trees. He just had to find which one. Glancing at his watch, he observed he still had twenty minutes to spare. He would secure him long before then. "It's over, Justin. Come out now, and I will try to be understanding of your actions..."

 

Understanding of his actions? What the fuck?! Justin narrowed his eyes, and bit at his lip, forcing restraint upon himself. He wasn't about to be tricked so easily. As it was, he knew it only amounted to minutes before his time was up. If he stayed hidden just a bit longer, he might still win the bet. He wasn't about to lose sight of that now. His heart began to beat faster when he heard the movement of a single rider, for some reason, his riding party hanging back. The Sultan was so close to him; in fact, if he stretched his neck around to look behind the next group of trees, he would surely see him. He was caught; there was nothing he could do now. Running was always an option; however, there were three of them. His chance of escape against those odds was clearly non-existent.

 

Brian was becoming impatient now. The time was too close to being up. He wanted Justin in his arms before it elapsed. His total victory had never been in doubt. However, now was time for this game to end... and the celebration to begin. As much as he didn't delude himself that Justin would willingly come to his bed tonight, the groundwork would be in place. Before the night was over, Justin would realize how much his life had changed... and how much it could improve by actions committed with a little common sense used. "Justin, I am not a man that likes to repeat himself. Come out now. You are incapable of eluding my party on foot. Don't make me hunt you like an animal!"

 

At that, Justin totally lost any control he had been maintaining over himself. "An animal?" he whispered in a raw, yet, not quite defeated voice. He stepped from behind the tree, his eyes looking upward to find Brian towering over him less than ten feet away. "Isn't that exactly what you're doing? Hunting me like a fucking animal!?"

 

Gasps echoed from the two men hanging behind the Sultan, their eyes ripping contemptuously into him... both of them prepared to charge ahead at their master's slightest urging. Brian cursed under his breath; his head turning to address them in Arabic. He watched as they pulled back further... yet, at a point where he could call out if needed. He stepped down from his horse, his steps quickly carrying him to the boy that he knew would not only bring him unbelievable pleasure... but at the same time, would stretch the limits of his patience. His eyes were wild, when he spoke, "Lower your voice, slave. You lost your wager; therefore, you are now mine. You will show your new master respect!"

 

"Master!" Justin sneered. "I will never call you that! If you are trying to gain my capitulation - in anything - you are going about it the wrong way!" Justin's eyes slid over the towering dictator, refusing to show any fear or submission.

 

"You make things harder on yourself, boy. I can offer you a life of luxury. This attitude will only force me to be harsher with you." Brian compressed his lips, uncertain of why he abhorred the thought of any cruelty being extended to this boy - whether delivered by him or not.

 

"All you offer me is captivity, Sultan. Define it how you will - that is all it will ever be!" Justin took a deep breath, recognizing this bickering wasn't going to change his situation. He had lost the bet. There was nothing he could do but acquiesce. Perhaps, he would be released when it became obvious he wouldn't be submitting. Why would he keep an unwilling man when he had a harem filled with men that vied to please him? It was unfathomable to him. In time, the Sultan would let him go. "Please, just release me. This place is not for me, and I think we both know that."

 

Brian smiled, shaking his head almost sadly. He almost wished he could just release him, but he just couldn't do that. He reached out to trail his fingertip across the pale cheek that had warmed under the constant pressure of the sun, his eyes hungry on the beautiful raspberry lips he vowed to possess again tonight - in one form or another. "I'm afraid I can't do that, Justin. I am a man accustomed to indulging his whims; it is the way of my people. I cannot let you go until this runs its course." Brian didn't elaborate on the fact that he had never released a man from his harem... none had ever requested it, and in Justin's case, he found the idea to be reprehensible.

 

"You said you wouldn't force me, though..." Justin reminded him, visibly flinching when Brian's face darkened in anger.

 

"I told you I didn't wish to discuss this again. I have never taken a man by force... nor will I with you. In time, you will crave what I can give you. No other man will be allowed to touch you. The only way you will ever have pleasure again is by my hand." A sinful smile crossing his lips, Brian purred, "My hand... and so much more." Brian slid back into his mount, gently urging his horse closer. He looked down at Justin, his voice raw when he spoke, "I will tempt you in ways you have never imagined. You will come to me when I command it. I won't stop pushing until you offer yourself to me. Then, you'll be mine - forever."

 

Justin's face became impassive; he refused to let Brian see how much the words that had been nothing short of a vow affected him. Shit! How could such possessive avowals turn him on? They shouldn't, and he knew that. It had to be the aura of the man and this beautiful island he ruled over. He couldn't possibly want this primitive Sultan.

 

Brian smiled in satisfaction. He extended his hand, leaning down to pull him up to sit in front of him. "Come along, Justin. It's time to go home." Reading the hesitant, yet still fighting spirit in Justin's eyes, Brian helped him to mount, his arm pulling him back against his chest. "Life will be what you make of it. It's up to you to decide." Brian's mouth opened on Justin's neck, his tongue stroking along the exposed skin, a growl of appreciation sliding through his lips. "It won't take long, my boy. You already want me. That want will only grow until you can't deny it any longer. The sooner you accept that - the better your life will be."

 

TBC