- Text Size +

 

Michael watched with a narrow-eyed gaze as Brian approached the elevators, surprised that he appeared to be heading for his suite of rooms. In particular, that he was doing so alone. Sharply, his eyes moved around to see Ben sprinting off in the opposite direction, leaving no doubt of the haste of his departure. Something was going on... and he was certain it was something that would occupy his lover's time for the rest of the night.

 

Discreetly, he moved away from the gaming tables and from Ted's notice, his steps briskly taking him to the section of rooms that the Sultan had reserved for him and his servants. He was so tired of the Sultan and his superior ways. Everyone had to stop and succumb to his whims. As a full-blooded American, he couldn't understand Ben's constant devotion to the Sultan... nor how each servant bowed and catered to his every desire. He would never be that man... despite how serious the Sultan was.

 

Taking the elevator up to the section of rooms that held the man that would soon get a piece of his mind, Michael groaned when he found one of the guards diligently standing outside of his door. Hell, he thought to himself. He would never get in there now. In his mind, any man that needed so many watching over him didn't need to travel. Staying at home - safe - infinitely made more sense to him. He looked at the guard impatiently, knowing not having Ben by his side would greatly hinder his chances for a quick entrance. "Hamil, I'd like to speak with the Sultan."

 

"Is he expecting you, Michael?" Hamil asked, a bored, yet alert expression on his face.

 

Michael knew he could lie, but he could see no reason for that. One, it would be too easily refuted, and when it was, Ben would come down on him. That was a headache he really didn't want. His devotion to the Sultan's privacy and security was absolute. Violating that would have him berating him for weeks to come. And, secondly, he could see no reason why the Sultan would refuse his visit. He had arrived in his rooms alone, therefore he wasn't busy. That was a rarity in itself. Whether at home or abroad, Brian rarely went to his room alone. That he did now was curious... and something that interested him greatly. "No, Hamil. I noticed him coming up and just wanted a few words with him. I'll be glad to wait if you'd care to check."

 

"One moment." Hamil reached into his pocket, quickly withdrawing his phone to punch in the first number on speed dial - the one that would transmit directly to the Sultan's cellular device. Due to the size of the suite, this method of communication was the most expedient, and the least likely to alarm his master. The Sultan rarely admitted visitors that were not business-related or ones of a pleasure-giving capacity. Michael didn't fit into either category. His tone changed as soon as the call was answered. His bland tone turned to one of respect and slight hesitation. "I apologize for disturbing you, Master. Mr. Novotny is here requesting an audience with you."

 

He listened intently for a moment, before responding in a voice of pure reverence. "As you wish, Master." Closing the phone, and replacing it in his pocket, Hamil's blank look returned. "The Sultan says you have five minutes - no more."

 

How generous, Michael thought. He doubted it would take that long, though. "Fine, thank you..." Knocking out of courtesy, and realizing the guard would accept no less, Michael waited until he heard the curt acknowledge granting him entry. He was immediately greeted by an impatient and clearly agitated Sultan. That was enough to give him a brief pause. Something had happened to displace his earlier mood. Since he knew he wasn't the cause of it, Michael decided to bravely forge ahead. "Thank you for seeing me, Brian. This won't take long."

 

Brian gritted his teeth every time Michael addressed him with such familiarity. It was improper, and he only allowed it out of respect to Ben. As much as he loathed the disrespectful man, Ben seemed to adore him. It was ironic that it had been his fault they had even met. They had been on a pleasure jaunt, such as this had been tonight, during the middle of a trip to America where he had been undergoing tense negotiations with opposing diplomats. Feeling the need to unwind, and lose himself in the manner most pleasing to him, they had found a club. Michael had been there. Once Ben saw him, it was over. He had allowed Ben to bring him back home with them. Risking losing his most trusted guard, not to mention a loyal member of his staff, wasn't a chance he'd been willing to take. He had hoped that Ben's desire for Michael would burn out in time. So far, that hadn't been the case.

 

"What is it, Michael? I have matters to attend to before I retire for the evening," Brian knew his tone was cold; he couldn't care less about that. He wanted him gone from his sight. Most of all, he wanted confirmation that his plans were being carried out... and that no problems were resulting in the process.

 

Michael couldn't resist looking over Brian's shoulder. "Retire for the night? And... alone? I knew it! Something is going on."

 

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear, Michael. What I do is none of your fucking business!" Brian's nostrils flared, his irritation at the breaking point with this aggravating man. He tried so hard to tolerate him for Ben's sake. He wasn't renowned for his patience... and it was indeed wearing thin. "I have accepted you into my home for one reason only - and that is Ben. Continue to provoke me and that will no longer be the case!"

 

Contemptuously, Michael sneered, "I have tried to be a part of your world, and understand it; however, perhaps it's time I did what I should have all along."

 

Brian moved in closer, moments away from making a decision that would bar this man from ever entering his country again. "That sounds suspiciously like a threat, Michael. I don't respond well to those... most especially, issued by a man that doesn't have either the authority or the balls to back it up!"

 

"I only came up here to see why you had Ben running around like a fool on our last night in America. If you had any kind of courtesy for me, a full-blooded American, you would have allowed us to spend that time together." Michael was flushed in his anger, unwilling to admit it was contrived from bitter jealousy, he knew that he was crossing dangerous lines... but unable to stop himself now.

 

"Courtesy?" Brian hissed in a low, barely controlled voice. "What kind of courtesy should I extend to a man that set out to betray the man he professes to love - the same man that is the most trusted, and honored member in my employ? Tell me, Michael, what would Ben have to say if he knew of the offer you made to me?"

 

Michael gasped. He had hoped to never hear those words again. "You promised not to ever bring this up again, Sultan. It was a mistake. I'd had too much wine. I- I didn't mean it."

 

Brian cocked a brow. He moved in closer, determined to push this odious man over the edge. Michael didn't deserve Ben's devotion and love. Nothing would please him more than to leave this man behind. "Is that so? What if I told you I changed my mind... that I had been too rash in my decision."

 

"Y-you don't mean it..." Michael stammered. "Y-you can't!"

 

A mocking laugh followed. "No. I don't mean it. I couldn't possibly lower my standards to that degree."

 

"You can insult and threaten me all you like, Sultan... however, one thing remains a fact. I can get Ben to abandon you. All I have to say is that I don't wish to return home with him. He will stay with me..." Michael's eyes were bulging malevolently, his hatred for this man that thought he was above everything and everyone churning deep inside of him.

 

Brian's hands began to clench and unclench at his sides. He had never been more tempted to strike a man down in his life. He wanted to tell Ben of Michael's duplicity; however, he didn't want to be the one to crush his illusions and break his heart. Leaving Michael behind might solve one problem, but it wouldn't solve the one of Ben's broken heart. This matter required thought... and not a matter he wished to dwell on tonight. Another matter took priority with him tonight... one that he intended to get results on very soon. "Put it to the test... and we'll see who Ben chooses. You are nothing but a mediocre piece of ass. To this point, I've stayed out of your relationship with Ben. Keep pushing and everything changes..."

 

Michael was tempted to keep pushing this primitive savage until he went over the edge. There was nothing more erotic than the Sultan in his deepest throes of passion... or on the verge of his anger completely consuming him. Secretly, he had watched him - both up close and from afar. The Sultan's rejection still stung his pride. It had been a lesson in humility that he never wanted to repeat. Now, it wasn't about being the man Brian most desired... it was about seeing the arrogant Sultan suffer. He knew it wasn't likely. There wasn't a man alive that he couldn't have - by means fair or foul. However... if it ever happened, he needed to be up close to see it. Perhaps someday the improbable would happen. "Fine. I won't ask him to stay."

 

"A very wise decision." Brian flicked a bored glance over his unwelcome guest, his eyes straying to the time. His much-desired captive should have been approached by now... meeting with him again was something he greatly anticipated. "You've wasted enough of my time. My advice to you is that you get some rest. It is a long flight home."

 

Nodding, Michael proceeded to the door, realizing he had accomplished nothing with this visit - nothing except increasing the level of the Sultan's contempt of him... and vice versa. "You won't tell Ben about this..."

 

"Unlike you, I do care about him. I won't mention our discussion or your previous offer to me. However, hear me well, Michael. Should you ever attempt to betray him again, I won't hesitate to bring ruin down on you." A savage smile twisted his lips. "Trust me when I say - it won't be pleasant. Now... get the hell out of my suite!"

 

Wanting to say much more, while knowing this visit had been both pointless and not in his best interest, Michael bowed his head, in a rare show of respect, as he whispered, "Good night, Sultan."

 

Brian's eyes bit into Michael's back, rage consuming him for this aggravating little man. He didn't like him; he hadn't from the moment Ben introduced them. They hadn't been together for long, when Ben asked if Michael could become a part of his home. It hadn't taken long for him to realize it had been a mistake. One night when Ben had been on an assignment, Michael had made a revolting and dishonorable offer. Michael had offered to take the place of the slave he had selected from his harem for his nightly pleasure. He had wanted to exile him on the spot; however, he hadn't wanted to be the one to break Ben's heart. He only hoped Michael had learned from his mistakes and repetition didn't follow. Another occurrence - whether directed at him or another man - wouldn't be overlooked.

 

The situation of Michael was definitely something that would need looking into at some point. However, not tonight. He had a much more pleasurable meeting in mind. His soon-to-be slave would be given one final choice as to how his journey to his country would commence. It would be his final free choice. Picking up the phone, Brian crisply demanded, "Do you have him yet?"

 

Ben had been prepared to ask his Sultan one last time to change his mind, but the tone in his voice told him of the futility of that. "Yes, Sultan. Shall we secure him before he travels... or did you want me to proceed differently?"

 

"Bring him to me now." Brian's eyes darkened in lust as he remembered the hot little blond. He had never wanted a man so instantly. He was almost happy that Justin had initially refused him. One night with him would have never satisfied him. He would have him on his lands... and more importantly, on his terms. The boy would soon learn the meaning of primitive, savage desire. Justin would probably cause chaos in his harem, but he knew how to combat that as well.

 

Justin would soon belong to him; in fact, he already did. Before this night was finished, the beautiful blond would have a more clear understanding of his fate.

 

TBC