- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

A.N: Definitely our Dark/Possessive Brian on the rise/hunt again.

Banner: Thank you to Roni (NoChaser) for the amazing banner. This really brings the story to life!!

Disclaimer: I do NOT own the characters of Queer as Folk. This is for entertainment only. No infringement intended...

 

1: The Beast Within


The Sultan’s eyes were stabbing into Ben as his guard crossed the threshold of his private rooms, his head bowed as he stood before him. “Where is he?” Brian demanded, tension tightening every nerve and muscle in his body. “Well??” Brian barked impatiently. “I asked you a question, Benjamin. Where is Justin??”

 

Ben flinched in response. In all the years of his service to the Sultan, he had often witnessed Brian’s more violent outbursts. Never had it been so viciously directed at him. He had to tell himself that it wasn’t truly intended that way and that it was his master’s immense degree of anguish talking. “I have the guards searching the grounds, Sire. They haven’t found him yet..."

“Searching the grounds…” Brian repeated coldly. His eyes were deadly when he spat out, “Did you even think of expanding your search beyond the palace grounds!?”


“Of course I thought of that, Your Highness. There is nothing we can do regarding that possibility until we receive a report that confirms Justin is outside of the palace.” Ben took a deep breath, fearful of asking too many questions, yet knowing he really needed more information. “Sire… our security hasn’t been breached. Any abduction would indicate inside assistance. Surely you aren’t thinking that to be the case??”


Brian began pacing the room, his hands clenched into fists at his sides. Abduction. Fuck. He could handle that scenario better than what had really happened. His voice was low, even sounding far away to himself when he answered, “No Ben. This isn’t an abduction.”


“I see.” Ben shook his head, his eyes taking in the Sultan’s every movement and gesture. In actuality, he didn’t see anything at all. Nothing outside of his leader being abnormally distraught by his missing lover. How long had Justin been gone? He didn’t even know that. They had just returned from a two-week business trip to the Middle East. Much of their travel time had forced them to be cut off from any standard form of communication. It had been strange, really. The Sultan had seemed to sense something was amiss during their entire journey home. His temper had deteriorated the closer they got to home. In his mind, that only left one answer. “Sultan? Did you and Justin have a disagreement?”


“Not exactly…” he clipped out, his pacing ceasing when he lowered himself to the plush sofa that adorned his sitting room. “Before we reached home, a messenger found me with a note from Justin, and some photographs attached. I haven’t been able to contact Justin since the delivery.”


How had he missed a delivery? Eyes widening, sensing this was extremely serious, Ben asked, “What sort of photographs?”


Brian motioned his hand toward the ornate, rectangular table in front of the sofas. “Take a look. Perhaps you will recognize the man in question. I don’t remember him or anything about the time it was supposedly taken.”


Ben looked at the photographs, a gasp of surprise whisking past his lips. The sultan was lying on his back, eyes closed, either fast asleep or in deep concentration. He wasn’t sure of which. However, that wasn’t what captured his attention. What seemed to be happening in the picture was far more significant. He looked at the disgruntled Sultan, his expression displaying more anger than guilt at what the picture represented, Ben prodded, “When was this taken?”


“According to Justin’s note, it was taken while we were traveling.” Brian glanced at Ben briefly, before returning to stare straight ahead. “Odd that I don’t remember it..."


“Extremely. And I’m assuming Justin wandered off before speaking with you - face to face?” Ben noticed Brian’s curt nod of agreement before he read the note that accompanied the suggestive images.


Brian, I do hope you had time to settle your affairs of state while engaging in your other more nefarious endeavors. I guess it goes to show that a leopard can never change his spots. I guess two weeks apart is too long of a stay of abstinence for your oversexed highness. I need time to think. Please give me that. When I am ready, I will contact you. Justin


Ben returned the note and photographs to the table, his head shaking in disbelief. He didn’t want to tell his master, but that sounded suspiciously like a goodbye letter, phrased deliberately to entice the Sultan to cooperate… perhaps with the design of establishing more time for a secure escape. “Your Highness, I don’t know what to say. I had no idea things were so bad. I’m sure we will be informed as soon as Justin is found. I just can’t imagine where he would have gone..."


“I don’t have that answer, either.” He fixed a hard look on his most trusted guard. “Don’t you think I’d be out dragging his temperamental ass back here if I did??”


“Sire, I don’t mean to inappropriately intrude in such private matters… but I really think you should give Justin some time. We know how hot-headed he can be. Unduly pushing him could have very bad results for you.”


Brian inhaled deeply before releasing his breath just as quickly. “I think I know that, Benjamin. However, you should also realize that I am not built that way. Not only does Justin belong to me, but he also places himself at risk and weakens me and my reign with his wandering about.” Brian stood to his feet, the pacing fully returning.


Ben knew better than to remind the Sultan that Justin was no longer his slave, and was as beloved by their people as their fierce ruler was. It was a moot point at best. His Sultan was a primitive. In his mind, he would always be possessive of what he most desired. On all counts that was still Justin. “I understand, Master. Perhaps the best course of action - for the moment - is to determine who the man is in these photographs… and who took the pictures. Justin will want to know this as well.”


“This did not occur in my lands. Discovering this man’s identity will be nearly impossible. For now, locating Justin is all that matters. If he is outside of the palace walls, he is unprotected. Getting him back here is the priority, Benjamin.” Brian’s eyes were filled with ice when he spoke, “Once I have him before me, then I will decide how to deal with his actions.”


Inwardly, Ben found himself groaning. Justin had made such progress with the domineering Sultan. He feared they could backtrack to the beginning. Brian wouldn’t allow anyone to publicly disrespect him. In his mind, that was what Justin was doing now, and in a reckless fashion. He prayed that Justin was near and not placing himself in danger. The Sultan’s patience was closing in on non-existent. “He’s young, Your Highness… and with that, impulsive at times.”


Brian stared out into his vast gardens, hoping that Justin would somehow appear strolling through them. So many mornings he had caught glimpses of him there, smiling as he watched his movements, his desire for his young lover surging within him. “If he has left the grounds, he has crossed a line. He chose to stay with me. I gave up everything to pander to his wishes. He didn’t even give me the benefit of a meeting before leaving. Should his return be anything but swift… I will be merciless..."


Already, Ben could see the writing on the walls. If Justin had done the unthinkable and abandoned the Sultan, there would be hell to pay… for all of them. He was about to play devil’s advocate again, when his phone began to ring, his eyes meeting Brian’s as he answered the call. “Yes?” He gruffly answered, his eyes closing as he listened to the report, his heart filling with the unease of what would happen next.


Brian waited until Ben ended the call, before he savagely demanded, “Where the fuck is he? That was about Justin. I know it!”


“I’m sorry to say it’s much worse than we ever expected. Justin boarded a plane for America five hours ago. Your pilot allowed it due to Justin having free reign of the island. He didn’t question him.” Ben watched as Brian’s face began to redden in his anger. “It appears his flight ends at LAX.”


“Los Angeles? He’s returning to Vegas? He had nothing left there.” Brian moved toward his bedroom, packing being his sole objective. “We’re leaving for Los Angeles, Benjamin. Make the arrangements - NOW.”


Ben stared at his master in astonishment. Clearly, he wasn’t thinking rationally. Justin had a five-hour advantage. Finding him in Los Angeles wouldn’t be so easily done. “Sire, I know you’re distraught. Please think about this. Justin will rebel against you - if you find him. That being said, I don’t think that will be easy, either. He has five hours on you now. By the time we can depart - it’ll be six or even seven.”


Brian turned back to look at Ben incredulously. “You expect me to stay here and do nothing?”


“I simply suggest that you wait until we have a definite location. Show him you will give him the time he needs. Then, he could be more agreeable to listening to you…”


“Agreeable?” Brian snarled in full Sultan mode. “I don’t give a fuck about that right now.” Brian thought about what Ben had said, slightly disgruntled that he did offer some valid points. “Fine. I won’t go to California - at least not quite yet. However, I want a call made to the best PI agency in Los Angeles. My little runaway will be trailed from the moment he lands on American soil.”


“Sultan… are you sure you want to go that far?” Ben asked, uncertain that would gain Brian any favor with a clearly antagonistic blond.


“Ben, you know me.” Brian laughed, his tone tinged with mockery. “I am just getting started.” His nostrils flared as anger continued to swell in him. “I gave up what was familiar to cater to Justin’s Americanized sensibilities. No more. He wants to leave me without giving me a chance to speak, so be it. My sweet little runaway has only seen a fraction of the man I can be. It’s time that Justin became fully acquainted with Sultan Amir Ali Nazari, ruler of Al Duran."

 

TBC