- Text Size +

 

Brian glanced over his shoulder as Justin followed him to the elongated creek, each of them leading their horses to where they could drink. Gus' smaller horse was already tethered ahead of them, thirstily drinking the cold refreshing water. Silently they each tethered their own horse, mindful to allow enough slack for them to comfortably reach the water. Reaching into a saddlebag, Brian retrieved two bottles of water, soundlessly handing one to Justin. Once a hand was free, he grabbed the blanket that he had thought to place over the back of his horse.

 

After taking a long sip of water, Brian urged him forward, spreading the blanket underneath a large tree that would obscure them from the harsh rays of the afternoon sun. "Let's have a seat under the tree. We can talk, and watch Gus at the same time."

 

Justin nodded, smiling as he watched Gus running with the dogs, knowing the young child was in his element now. "I doubt he'll pay any attention to us now." He watched as the dogs fetched the stick, his small legs running in excitement behind them. "This game could last for hours..."

 

 

Brian smirked. "Precisely why I allowed the dogs to run with us."

 

"Always with a plan..." Justin mused, taking a slow sip of his water, before replacing the cap and laying it down on the blanket. "So, I assume you want to talk about my request to visit Michael."

 

A grimace came over Brian's face. He didn't want to spend a large block of time discussing the repugnant Michael Novotny... especially when they were beginning what should be such a pleasant outing. "Not predominantly... although I accept we need to settle that. We have many other more significant matters to address."

 

"I realize that... but Michael is a pressing one." Justin bit at his lip uncertainly, preparing what had been on his mind the last hour while he waited to go on this outing with Brian and Gus. "Explain to me why you are so opposed to me seeing Michael. He is behind bars. There is no way he can hurt me now. I just need to know you aren't just trying to dictate every aspect of my life."

 

Brian mentally bit his tongue before retorting he was the law of this land, therefore it was his responsibility to dictate. However, he knew that wasn't what his headstrong, and very American lover needed to hear. Although pacifying Justin wasn't his prime objective... he knew he needed to do some of that - if he wanted them to get back on track. He wanted that more than anything. "I am not trying to dictate to you, Justin, although you know that is my role as Sultan of Al Duran. Michael will be gone from all our lives by this time tomorrow. No good will come from you seeing him again. I deem it's best left in the past - for all of us - and move on to a reality that he doesn't exist to hurt us."

 

Justin gasped. "You are executing him... just like that? What about Ben? Does he know?"

 

A muscle twitched in Brian's cheek. "My head of security does NOT make my policy decisions!" Brian realized his tone had been too sharp when Justin flinched under his harsh tone and even colder gaze. Feeling the tension tightening the back of his neck, Brian attempted to stretch it, knowing it wasn't going to help much. "I didn't execute him previously because Ben asked for leniency. I have already told him that won't be the case this time. Michael's depraved and dangerous behavior is not only a threat to anyone he encounters on my island... but anywhere he is left free to roam. I can't risk it further. He has committed treason against me and my land, as well as broken many of our laws. It ends tomorrow."

 

"I see." Justin wasn't sure how he felt about this turn of events. He hated Michael for what he had done to him, and for all his past crimes... but he wasn't sure he wished him dead. He wouldn't dispute Brian's decision. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Michael was twisted, evil, and most likely unrepentant. The risk that he could find his way back out into the world was too strong. He understood Brian needed to be preemptive in that. "I guess there's not much point in me giving him a piece of my mind."

 

"The momentary feeling of satisfaction isn't worth the overall displeasure of the encounter." Brian looked deeply into Justin's beautiful eyes... a pair of eyes that never ceased to soothe him. Now was no exception. Moving closer, Brian laid his hand over Justin's, encouraged when his blond turned his hand over to enclose them together. "This man has put you through hell... both of us; in fact, so many others. I just want to end this bad chapter in our lives and move forward. I guess it all depends on if it's what you want too..."

 

"Wow." Justin's eyes were widened in shock, his hand gripping Brian's tightly. "Where is the vengeance-seeking ruler? I'm not sure how to respond to this more docile man..."

 

"Docile?" Brian hissed." His eyes strayed out to the open field of grass where Gus continued to throw the stick to the dogs. "If my son wasn't within eyesight, I'd push you down on the blanket and show you how I am the very antithesis of docile!"

 

Justin grinned. "Promises, promises..."

 

"Are you teasing me, twat?" Brian demanded, his eyes beginning to heat with a lust he had been forcing himself to keep at bay. "You do realize I can summon a guard with a mere flick of my wrist?"

 

"How could I possibly forget... dear Sultan?" Justin murmured, his voice dropping to a sultry, slightly roughened pitch. "Why don't you?"

 

Brian swore. Fuck, what this man did to him. It had been weeks. He wasn't sure Justin believed him when he had told him that. But weeks. It was unfathomable. "Stop..." Brian growled. He couldn't touch him beyond his hand, not now in the presence of his son. Three fucking weeks was an eternity to him. He would go wild when he finally had Justin alone again... and in his bed. Perhaps it was time to move things along. Resolve what could be, and get back to the basics. "You know I can't touch you now. I need total seclusion; it's been too fucking long..." Brian whispered raggedly. "There are still the photos that drove you from me. I need you to understand them - the fact that they were manipulated to incriminate me... and that I did nothing to break my commitment to you."

 

Justin's face instantly became shadowed with guilt. "I fucked up, Brian. I should have come to you with the photos... but I jumped to conclusions. After everything you sacrificed for me, I owed you that much. I guess I've never been convinced that I could be enough for you... not when you were accustomed to having your private collection of the hottest men available."

 

Releasing Justin's hand, Brian abruptly stood to his feet, his eyes glancing in his son's direction, his arm raising to wave at him in encouragement as he played with the dogs, feeling himself torn in two different directions right now. Turning back to face the silent, and slightly brooding blond, Brian shook his head in exasperation. "Justin, why don't you understand how special you are? In particular... to me? Do you think I would leave my country in the hands of advisors to run after just any man? Fuck no, I wouldn't... and you know that!"

 

His eyes downcast, with his hands nervously plucking at the blanket, Justin found himself asking, "Tell me exactly why you followed me to New York. Say the words that you find so difficult to say. Make me believe that I am the only man for you."

 

Brian sighed. Sentimental, pushy little fucker. He smiled down at the bent head, his heart never more full of love for this man. "Justin..." he whispered. His voice deepened to a lower, and more gruff pitch, his tone demanding immediate obedience. "Come here."

 

Justin stood to his feet, hesitantly moving forward. What would Brian say? Would he call him a silly little twat? He'd heard that more than a few times. He hoped that wouldn't be the case now. Immediately, he found himself drowning in the emotions that were clearly displayed in Brian's eyes. Initially, he had seen a flicker of disappointment in them... but now, all he could see was deep fervent emotion. "B-Brian..."

 

"Shhh..." Brian placed a fingertip across Justin's lips, a moan escaping when Justin's warm breath heated it. He wanted him so fucking much. This waiting game was driving him insane. "Let me do this, and then you can ask your endless barrage of questions..." Brian smirked. He knew his boy so well.

 

"Asshole..." Justin muttered, his eyes flaring in response to Brian's teasing.

 

"You can't even obey a simple command for silence." Brian quirked a brow, lowering his finger, knowing to continue touching those tempting lips would lead to his ultimate downfall. "Okay, let's do this. I need to get out there and spend some time with my son. I came after you for one reason, Justin... and one alone. I've already told you this, but I guess I need to repeat it. Hopefully this time it penetrates your thick blond head..."

 

"Insults get us nowhere, Your Esteemed Highness..." Justin grumbled, not the least bit surprised to receive an answering glare.

 

Brian inhaled deeply, determined to maintain both his patience and focus. This beguiling little blond package continuously distracted him from both goals. "All right, here fucking goes... Yes, I've fucked a lot of men, and I enjoyed every moment of it. My former slaves were some of the hottest men to be found; however, their beauty paled in my eyes once I met you. In the beginning, I may have thought you would be just another hot perfect body here for my pleasure... but my view quickly changed."

 

Justin silently listened, transfixed by the intense expression on his lover's face, seeing nothing but sincerity and heartfelt emotion that he'd never fully embraced before. He was glad Brian was doing the talking. Right now he wasn't sure he could form a coherent response.

 

"I'm not sure when my own perceived reality changed. I know when we made the deal and I was poised to let you leave Al Duran, my heart was trampled. I couldn't breathe. Hell. I couldn't think of anything other than the thought - ‘How the fuck am I going to live without him?' And that was for one simple reason. My heart was breaking. The only way to mend it was to find a way to keep you."

 

Justin swallowed with difficulty. "It's not just desire? Affection even? You l-love me??"

 

Brian ran a hand through his hair, beyond exasperated now. "Dammit, Justin! I've told you this already. I changed my entire way of life for you; I never looked back. I don't want to go back to that time. And that's for one simple reason - I love you. The life we have is the one I want. I don't know what else I need to do to convince you..."

 

Tears miraculously developing in his eyes, Justin had to blink in order to clearly view his agitated... and always gorgeous Sultan. "You don't." Justin shook his head as so much regret overwhelmed him. "I don't care about the pictures, or anything other than us. I have been such a damned fool. The truth has always been right there in my face. All I had to do was accept it."

 

Aware of the man that he used to be and how he would have made a cryptic comment, or even a joke, Brian just smiled as relief began cascading over him like a cleansing ritual that carried a transforming effect. Gruffly, his voice filled with emotion, Brian told him, "You can't know how glad I am to hear you say that. I can't wait to be alone with you." Poised to say and do much more, Brian found himself pulled from this celebratory moment when he heard Gus shouting out to him. He smiled warmly at his son, who was waving excitedly from the field, calling out, "Be right there, Sonnyboy."

 

Justin slanted his eyes from father to son, and for the first time in a very long time, the smile in his eyes matched the one curving his lips. "You'd better go. We can pick this up later."

 

Unable to resist a brief taste of the paradise he knew to be awaiting him later, Brian slanted his lips over Justin's, claiming the soft and luscious lips, a low growl vibrating from within his chest. Unhurriedly Brian plundered Justin's mouth, in the back of his mind realizing this probably hadn't been the wisest of ideas. When Justin's hands began to cling to his back, Brian forced himself to separate from his sweetest of temptations, regret clearly displayed on his face.

 

Before backing away, Brian rubbed his finger along Justin's lips, stroking them slowly and sensuously. In a raw voice, the lust and voracious need more than evident in his tone, Brian told him, "Perhaps you should head on back to the house. It was a long flight, and so far, a very eventful return. You might want to get some rest."

 

In a teasing and obviously provocative manner, Justin saucily told him, "I'm not the least bit tired, Sultan."

 

"Keep pushing, little boy. You'll have a sore ass in more ways than one." Making his point loud and clear, Brian swatted Justin on the ass, amazed by how much had changed in such a short span of time. He wouldn't complain, though. Things were finally moving in the right direction. Deciding that continuing to banter with this teasing little temptation would only serve in driving him out of his mind, Brian forced himself to move to a safer distance, knowing if not for his son's presence, he would already be taking Justin's hot, young body along the seclusion of the creek... his mind lost to everything that wasn't sheer sensory bliss. "Tonight you'll be back where you belong. In my arms... and in my bed. I have never been so hungry." Brian's voice was filled with warning, the sudden coarseness making his throat seem to vibrate.

 

Justin felt his chest tighten at the mixture of lust... and love warring in Brian's eyes. His most sobering thought... he had almost thrown this, and more importantly, this man - away. And all for nothing. He swore that would never happen again.

 

TBC