- Text Size +

Two Days Later…

 

Brian grabbed at the phone on his desk the very instant it sounded the first ring, his eyes glaring at his foreign policy committee that sat across from his desk. The already anxious men looked at each other worriedly when they heard their Sultan barking into the phone.

 

“What!?” he yelled, thinking this had better be a matter of life or death to be patched through to him during this meeting. He had every other detail covered… this meeting would be the last. Then… he would be boarding a plane with the ultimate destination of New York, with his runaway lover soon back in his possession. His nerves were shot at this point. He had never been abstinent for this long. He wasn't sure he would have even remained so at this point - if he wasn't so short on free time. Fuck. He couldn’t wait to get his hands on his former slave.

 

“Uhhh, calling in with an update, Oh Mighty One…” Ted Schmidt drawled sarcastically, feeling brave enough with all the miles that separated them.

 

“Hold on…” he snapped, his back immediately tensing. Ted knew he was boarding a plane tonight. He wouldn’t call unless he had vital information. He looked at the three men seated across from his desk, his brow rising impatiently. “Do you have any further questions regarding my instructions?”

 

Each of them shook their heads, none of them wanting to be the one to speak first. In unison they all stood to their feet, bowing to the waist, waiting for their ruler to officially dismiss them.

 

Shaking his head at the cowardice of these men of power, Brian told them, “You may go. If you have any problems in my absence, which I expect you to have NONE, you may contact Benjamin. He will get in touch with me immediately.”

 

“Your Highness… isn’t your security chief traveling with you?” One of them asked, knowing they couldn’t leave with that uncertainty.

 

“No.” Brian clipped out, hating that he needed to spend valuable time explaining his decisions to men it truly didn’t affect. “I will have guards with me… as well as others awaiting my command on American soil. I prefer to have Ben stay behind and keep my son and home safe from harm.”

 

Nodding in understanding, the three men bowed one last time before hurriedly leaving the room. Brian watched them with irritation. In the back of his mind, he realized his behavior had been abrupt. Most men would have run in fear. Once the door clicked shut, Brian demanded into the phone, “What has happened?"

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to call back, Sultan?” Ted smirked, hearing how Brian caught his breath in his impatience. He knew he was far braver than others, but for the most part, he didn’t really fear the ruler of Al Duran. He had never been given reason to do so. Brian had always been fair and generous with him in all their dealings. Also, it didn’t hurt that Brian needed a man that he could trust to handle his American holdings.

 

“Theodore, my patience is very limited right now. I have exactly two hours to finish packing, say goodbye to my son, and get to the airport.” In all honesty, he wasn’t really that rushed, at least in regard to needing to catch a flight. He had a private jet at his disposal. In fact, several of them. His rush was due to what awaited at the end of his journey. A boy that would be receiving his undivided attention in a number of ways. His eyes narrowed, as he stared at a blank spot on the wall, his mind filled with all that he would do upon his arrival.

 

“Now is NOT the time to fuck with me.”

 

“Sorry, Brian. I was merely going for an ice breaker; I am fairly certain you won’t like what I have to say. I was going to tell you this earlier, I just wasn't sure how to go about it..."

 

Brian took in a deep breath, for some reason knowing his blood pressure was about to go off the charts. “I already know where Justin is staying… and I know the club he is working at. The investigators have been very thorough. I told you all of this in my email hours ago.” His nostrils flared at the thought of his blond dancing for other men. The boy would be severely punished when he got his hands on him… and if anyone had touched what belonged to him - there would be hell to pay. This went so much beyond jealousy, although he could acknowledge - at least to himself, that little green-eyed monster was currently playing havoc with his system… and his every waking thought. That being so, another issue troubled him. This was a matter of safety. Justin was being reckless, and not in a safe element. He wouldn’t allow that to continue.

 

“Okay… that’s good, although umm, that might not be the worst of it.” Ted wasn’t sure how he was going to drop this little bombshell, intuitively sensing Brian would be incensed at his news. “It’s more about the club owner..."

 

“What about him?” Brian hissed, continuing to interrupt.

 

“There’s really no easy way to say this, Brian. The man is a sleaze. He takes advantage of his position in the most depraved of ways… especially when a hot young body is involved..."

 

Brian immediately cut in. “Meaning what exactly?” As soon as Ted mentioned the club owner, he had felt a murderous rage sweltering in him. There wasn’t a doubt in his mind that his news would involve some sort of inappropriate behavior. How he dealt with it would depend on the circumstances.

 

“Gary Sapperstein, aka ‘The Sap’, has the reputation of having a special criterion that must be met if a man wants to dance on his tables.” Ted made sure to speak slowly and succinctly, knowing this would be of great importance to the obviously irate Sultan. If he had doubted it before - which he had not - Justin Taylor was important to Brian. He would even go as far as to say Brian was obsessed with all things about the young blond. After seeing the boy in action last night, he couldn’t dispute the Sultan’s taste.

 

“And what might that be?” Brian bit out between clenched teeth, this unknown man suddenly at the top of a list no sane man wanted to be on.

 

Ted cleared his throat - nervously - for the first time in their conversation. This was the part he had been dreading. “Well… regarding the youngest and hottest applicants, he insists they show proof of their worth. Let’s just say a proof that is given by providing him both a look and a taste of what the clientele can expect…”

 

“Ya Ibn el Sharmouta!” Brian snarled. “Alllaena. Alllaena.”

 

“Brian… S-Sultan..." Ted began to stammer, at a loss for words now, his composure lessening now. He knew Brian was crazy for his former slave… but rarely had he heard him resort to Arabic curses. “Don’t overreact. It’s always been my understanding that it ends with that encounter. The Sap doesn’t require them to reciprocate… or anything more intimate.”

 

“Theodore, shut the fuck up! Don’t even try to pacify me! This perverted Sap abuses his power by forcing defenseless men to have his depraved mouth on them?” Brian’s nostrils flared as he contemplated all the vile acts he could perpetrate on this revolting man. “He will wish he had NEVER touched what belongs to me…”

 

Ted swallowed, his first thought of blood and mayhem, and Xcentricity burnt down to the ground. He liked that club, even if he also abhorred Sapperstein. “I know you don’t want to hear this, Brian… but right or wrong, I doubt the Sap knew anything about Justin’s past. I doubt even he would have touched him under such circumstances.”

 

“You are right, Ted; however, the mere fact that this man conducts business in such a repugnant manner is enough to incur my wrath. The bulk of the blame falls to Justin. He should have walked away. Hell. He should have NEVER been in the position in the first place. My lover does not do such debasing work.”

 

Rolling his eyes at Brian’s old-fashioned attitude, he recognized it was the worst way to proceed with a clearly hot-tempered young man... but the arrogant Sultan didn't seem to get that yet. “Brian, since you know where Justin is staying, have you thought about phoning him at his hotel and appealing to his common sense?”

 

Brian snorted, the rage still flowing through him like hot coals. “Of course, I have thought of it… and then, thought better of it in the process. If Justin discovered I was that close, he would run again. The element of surprise plays to my advantage now. I won’t take any foolish risks, no matter how tempted I might be. Not to mention, he is safer this way, even in his inappropriate setting. He is being watched constantly - even if only from a distance…”

 

“I guess you have it all figured out. Is there anything more I can do for you, Sultan?” Ted asked, half expecting what his answer would be.

 

“Two things, actually. First… drop the Sultan - NOW. I don’t want that kind of attention in New York City… and I’d also appreciate it if you would meet me at JFK.” Brian paused briefly, primarily to assemble his thoughts, and stay on track with what needed to be done within the next couple of hours. He couldn’t think about what was happening in New York… not right now. He would deal with that when he arrived. “I will have two of my private guards with me. All of us will be in American clothing. Blending in is what I strive to do.”

 

Ted smiled. His assumption had been correct. He had assumed Brian would want him to escort him around… and for what he paid him, he didn’t think it to be much of a sacrifice. Hoping to be the sole of subtlety, Ted asked, “Will Ben be one of the guards attending you?”

 

Brian rolled his eyes. Apparently, Ted still had that crush. “No, Theodore. I am leaving Ben behind to make certain Gus remains safe in my absence. I will send him your regards, though.”

 

“No!” Ted hurriedly interjected. “That won’t be necessary. I was merely inquiring.” Thinking a change of subject was in order, Ted asked, “Do you have an arrival time?”

 

“Not exact. I will know more when I reach the layover destination. Total flight time is around fourteen hours, but with the layover and processing through customs, I’d say more like sixteen. I will advise you later.”

 

“Okay, Brian. In the meantime, don’t worry too much. I am sure it will all work out,” Ted told the Sultan, not a flicker of doubt in his mind.

 

Brian’s smile was feral, in the back of his mind the primitive reminding him that in less than twenty-four hours, Justin would be back in his possession again. This time, he would never leave his side again…

 

 


 

 

The man watched the blond with cold calculation. A sneer twisted his lips. He hated the boy with a passion, although he couldn’t deny the blond was more than worth a second look. Despite his contempt for the young man, he was the perfect means to an end. When he celebrated his ultimate victory, it would be thanks to the Sultan’s obsession with this man. He could tolerate anything… or anyone to meet that goal.

 

His plan had been all too simple to carry out. Was Justin Taylor, aka the ‘Sultan’s Favorite’ that mindless and naive? As he followed the boy down the busy streets of Manhattan, knowing he was heading for another night at his new job, there wasn’t a doubt in his mind that the enraged Sultan would be coming for his former captive soon. He wouldn’t find his blond obsession receptive. Patting the powdery substance that resided in his pocket, an evil smile followed. No. Justin would be resistant, venomous, and belligerent. What was best of all, though, once the effects of the drug wore off, Justin would awaken oblivious to the memory of his behavior.

 

The Sultan wouldn’t forget though… nor would he forgive a public degradation. This time, he would succeed in taking from the arrogant Sultan what he valued the most - his self-esteem. In the process, he would loathe the object of his obsession, and seek to make him pay. He wouldn’t look for more enemies. He would be driven to punishing Justin - over and over again. There wasn’t a doubt in his mind how he would make the young blond pay. The Sultan was obsessed with Justin’s youthful attributes. In the end, the man the Sultan wanted more than anything would look at his captor with fear and resentment.

 

Keeping his distance, mindful that Justin couldn’t see him and possibly recognize him, he turned a corner, realizing tonight wasn’t the night. The Sultan needed to be present before the drug could be introduced. He would have a short amount of time to carry out his plan. The trick would be in doing so without the Sultan discovering him, or his involvement. Should the Sultan see him, the charade would be over. Discovery would mean an investigation… and he couldn’t have that.

 

Moving idly along the city streets, he looked for another test victim to experiment on for the night. His plan had to be foolproof. Perfected. After escaping exile, and even death at the beautiful Sultan’s hands, Michael knew his window of opportunity would be limited. However, he had the determination to make it work. In the end, only he would know the truth, and when the time was right, he would tell Brian… but he would never tell Justin.

 

Michael emitted a cruel laugh. Well, he would tell him for a price. It just remained to be seen if the controlling Sultan would submit to his demands. Either way, he would be the winner in this war.

 

TBC

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

The Arabic curses were done via research and not through personal references. If anything is incorrect, please forgive me.

Ya Ibn el Sharmouta! - Son of a bitch!

Alllaena. Alllaena. - Fuck. Fuck.